PDA

View Full Version : Science Wishing you were older or younger.

Rain Man
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Several-part poll here.

First, at any point in your life, did you consistently wish you were older? If so, at what age did that yearning stop?

Second, at any point in your life, have you consistently wished you were younger, and if so, at what age did that yearning start?

Bugeater
09-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Once you're old enough to drink there's really no reason to wish you were older.

beavis
09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Once you're old enough to drink there's really no reason to wish you were older.

Insurance goes down at 25.

After that, it's prety much downhill.

Rain Man
09-22-2008, 07:41 PM

Movie tickets get cheaper when your 55 or thereabouts. You can also get cheaper food at restaurants, though the food is smaller. That's a sad thing to look forward to, though.

Bugeater
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM

That's what I always heard, but I don't recall it dropping significantly when I turned 25.

beavis
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Movie tickets get cheaper when your 55 or thereabouts. You can also get cheaper food at restaurants, though the food is smaller. That's a sad thing to look forward to, though.

Yeah, I figured the cons of aging outweighed the financial benefits.

Frazod
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Sure I'd love to be thin and have hair again, but not if the price was having to relive all the bullshit I went through in my life again. Now, if I could go back and do it all over again but retain knowledge of the future, that would be completely different. I'd do the Biff thing and bet on all the games, then buy stock in Microsoft and Starbucks with the winnings.

And I'd make sure a couple of bitches who really nuked my life died in horrible "accidents," and nobody could ever be able to establish motive. :grr:

As for the older part, I used to wish that I had been born 10 years earlier, so I would have come of age in the 70s instead of the 80s. But it's not something I feel strongly about.

luv
09-22-2008, 08:07 PM
That's what I always heard, but I don't recall it dropping significantly when I turned 25.

Mine did. Dropped again when I turned 30. Now all I need to do is get hitched. LMAO

Bugeater
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Mine did. Dropped again when I turned 30. Now all I need to do is get hitched. LMAO
Hell I also got married when I was 25. I think I got screwed.

Programmer
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Hell I also got married when I was 25. I think I got screwed.

Dude! You are supposed to be screwed when you get married! If you get married and don't get screwed you are just ****ed!

Bugeater
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Dude! You are supposed to be screwed when you get married! If you get married and don't get screwed you are just ****ed!

ROFL Trust me, I got ****ed too.

boogblaster
09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Lucky to be young in the 70s .. had a great time .. got domesticated in the 80s ... life got more interesting but with children brings joy and burden .. got hurt in the 90s .. life sucks except for my two grandsons and daughter in college .. mid-50s now and pretty much home-bound so life just seems to go on by ... thats it fellers ...

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2008, 05:29 AM
I've decided that I'm going to stay this age and look this good forever.

Skip Towne
09-23-2008, 06:13 AM

Free money starts falling out of the sky at 62.