PDA

View Full Version : Elections Biden: Claims FDR Got On Television When the Stock Market Crashed In 1929

RINGLEADER
09-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Hmm. I thought FDR was elected in 1932 and television was commercially available in the late 1930s.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4470093n

tiptap
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Ok he meant the movie reels but you can ridicule him for this gaffe.

jAZ
09-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Ok he meant the movie reels but you can ridicule him for this gaffe.

Biden has handled himself very well so far. I'm sure I've jinxed it and he will go into the debate with Palin and use the "C-word" on accident.

:p

mlyonsd
09-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Biden has handled himself very well so far. I'm sure I've jinxed it and he will go into the debate with Palin and use the "C-word" on accident.

ROFL

I like Biden, but I'm betting Obama's palms will be sweaty watching him and Palin debate.

HonestChieffan
09-23-2008, 09:54 AM

its "accidentally". "On Accident" is a sure sign of someone with limited verbal skills. We could see Biden do that.

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
ROFL

I like Biden, but I'm betting Obama's palms will be sweaty watching him and Palin debate.

I'm okay with Biden, generally; he's a competent and experienced guy.

However, he's also prone to becoming a self-righteous blowhard in front of the camera sometimes.

ROYC75
09-23-2008, 09:58 AM

That would be sweet ..... Biden blowing up Palin with his verbage.

FTR, if he shows any abusive or mean spirited words towards her, he is toast, he is almost already in a no win situation debating a woman.

tiptap
09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
The agreed upon format limits this.

jAZ
09-23-2008, 10:22 AM
its "accidentally". "On Accident" is a sure sign of someone with limited verbal skills.

Really? I'd never heard that before.

Learn something new every day.

patteeu
09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Do you think Palin will torpedo her electoral chances if she approaches Joe Biden during the debate and invades his space bubble?

mlyonsd
09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Do you think Palin will torpedo her electoral chances if she approaches Joe Biden during the debate and invades his space bubble?

I'm guessing his handlers will tether him to the podium as a precaution.

patteeu
09-23-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm guessing his handlers will tether him to the podium as a precaution.

I think you misread my post. :)

Unless you're suggesting that there's a chance that Joe will lash out at her if she approaches him, which is a funny thought.

mlyonsd
09-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I think you misread my post. :)

Unless you're suggesting that there's a chance that Joe will lash out at her if she approaches him, which is a funny thought.

My bad.

Although if he ticks her off it would be funny to see her go all hockey mom on him.

Should be a good show no matter what happens.

Amnorix
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
My bad.

Although if he ticks her off it would be funny to see her go all hockey mom on him.

Should be a good show no matter what happens.

It's her best chance of winning, since she isn't likely to show a better grasp of the issues.

mlyonsd
09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
It's her best chance of winning, since she isn't likely to show a better grasp of the issues.

She might surprise you. And then we'll see a flood of threads stating somehow she cheated and got the questions early or something. Not by you, the conspiracy hacks.

But we both know a debate the winner is usually a foregone conclusion based on one's partisan bias.

In fact, I'm already declaring her the winner. Write it down.

patteeu
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
She might surprise you. And then we'll see a flood of threads stating somehow she cheated and got the questions early or something. Not by you, the conspiracy hacks.

But we both know a debate the winner is usually a foregone conclusion based on one's partisan bias.

In fact, I'm already declaring her the winner. Write it down.

LMAO

RINGLEADER
09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Biden has handled himself very well so far.

In the last 24 hours:

-- Biden has called an Obama capaign ad "terrible" and said it wouldn't have run if he had known about it;

-- Reversed position and said it wasn't a terrible ad via the campaign in one of the more transparent CYA moments of the 2008 election cycle;

-- Obama said Biden shouldn't have opposed the AIG bailout last week;

-- Biden disagreed with Obama's position on clean coal

-- Biden forgot that neither televisions were commercially available during the stock market crash or that FDR wasn't the president.

As they said over at National Review, it's not a great sign from the guys who argue that running a campaign is a substitute for executive experience.

StcChief
09-23-2008, 11:41 AM

:p I guess the "Americans" should be happy to pay more taxes comment goes well..... but not with me.

SNR
09-23-2008, 11:47 AM
In the last 24 hours:

-- Biden has called an Obama capaign ad "terrible" and said it wouldn't have run if he had known about it;

-- Reversed position and said it wasn't a terrible ad via the campaign in one of the more transparent CYA moments of the 2008 election cycle;

-- Biden forgot that neither televisions were commercially available during the stock market crash or that FDR wasn't the president.

As they said over at National Review, it's not a great sign from the guys who argue that running a campaign is a substitute for executive experience.This is exactly what Obama needs, though. Disagreement in his own administration. The last thing we need is a president who surrounds himself with "yes" men

Chief Henry
09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Can you just see the new SNL skit. Eddie Murphy as NOBAMA telling Joe Piscapo as
Joe Biden to STFU and STFD.

BucEyedPea
09-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Depends on how much cleavage she shows.

BIG_DADDY
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Classic.

BIG_DADDY
09-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Where is Cronus now to talk about how stupid the VP's are?

Calcountry
09-23-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm okay with Biden, generally; he's a competent and experienced guy.

However, he's also prone to becoming a self-righteous blowhard in front of the camera sometimes.JMHO, but, Biden is a dumb ass.

JMHO.

Alton deFlat
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
We should just ask McCain. He was probably holding the cue cards for FDR.

Logical
09-23-2008, 10:27 PM
ROFL

I like Biden, but I'm betting Obama's palms will be sweaty watching him and Palin debate.Probably true but no more than McCains. You think the media machine has went after Palin so far, wait until after the debate (no matter if she is adequate or awful).

Logical
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I work too Troy, I have weighed in now. By the way Biden is smarter than hell. Thanks for pointing out how stupid Palin is, saves me the trouble.

By the way this is McCain's fault, had she been properly vetted, the media would have vetted her at the same time. Now the media is having there chance and boy are the taking full advantage of it.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM
In the last 24 hours:

As they said over at National Review, it's not a great sign from the guys who argue that running a campaign is a substitute for executive experience.

Just compare how well and eloquent Palin has handled herself the last 24 hours.

Oh wait, I forgot; it seems she is the first mute VP candidate. At least when it comes to people wanting to know her postions and opinions on silly things like the current financial crisis, and other non-important issues facing the US this election.

Programmer
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM

He is out practicing being stupid himself. He'll be back later.

Logical
09-24-2008, 12:43 AM
He is out practicing being stupid himself. He'll be back later.Wait, did you attack me without even being addressed by me? I thought you never engaged in such practices.

Programmer
09-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Wait, did you attack me without even being addressed by me? I thought you never engaged in such practices.

Paranoid Jim? I was responding to a comment from another based on something you wrote.

I would think you would be well served finding the thicker skin that you've so often said others need.