PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Has anyone actually contacted their Congressman?

Silock
09-23-2008, 05:10 PM
About this bailout thing?

It's way more effective than whining on a message board.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Yes, i'm sure i will get a form letter soon thanking me for my interest.

Stewie
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Yep. I've contacted the Honorable Dennis Moore and the Senators from Kansas and told them what I thought. I'm sure I'll get a canned response like every other time I've written.

Silock
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Just because you get a canned response doesn't mean that they don't listen to what you say. Your thoughts are collected by someone that works in the office (usually an intern), categorized, filed and then the raw numbers are brought to the Congressman. It would be virtually impossible for them to personally address everyone who thought about talking to them AND get their jobs done at the same time.

But it doesn't mean they're not listening.

Jenson71
09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Is that allowed these days?

Programmer
09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Just because you get a canned response doesn't mean that they don't listen to what you say. Your thoughts are collected by someone that works in the office (usually an intern), categorized, filed and then the raw numbers are brought to the Congressman. It would be virtually impossible for them to personally address everyone who thought about talking to them AND get their jobs done at the same time.

But it doesn't mean they're not listening.

The libs seem to use the concept that they need a personalized answer from the President regarding what he is doing, why not expect the same from congressmen?

Hydrae
09-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes I have. Plainly stated that DC needed to stop spending my money, they need to look at reducing spending not giving away the farm.

penchief
09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
I told mine he was an asshole.

bango
09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I asked mine for Palin's Number and told him to tell her that I liked her.

Calcountry
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
About this bailout thing?

It's way more effective than whining on a message board.Ummm, hello, Mr. Congressman, I'm want you to vote for the 700 billion BEFORE you vote against it, mmmm kay?

Direckshun
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I have written my three favorite Congressmen about the issue. I see no reason to contact Roy Blunt or Kit Bond or Claire McCaskill about the issue when there are more effective Congressmen out there I could write to. I doubt I'll get a letter from any of them considering I'm not even one of their constituents.

I wrote them, telling them I undersand that the bailout's going to happen. But I begged them not to let them get railroaded into the current proposal as is.

I begged them to demand more regulations to prevent this from happening again. I begged that they demand far more oversight than Paulson's plan permits. And I begged, begged, begged that they not accept the $700 billion plan in total. I hope they accept just a portion of that to start -- they can approve of just a portion of that and then approve of additions to it as soon as November, based on the success of the first portion.

There's no reason to approve of the whole thing right away -- we won't be using it all right away.