PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain votes "present" when asked how he'd vote on bailout if his was the swing vote

jAZ
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/

Q Senator, the Democrats are saying -- Democrats in Congress are saying privately -- the Democrat's in Congress, some of them are saying privately that if you are not on board with this plan, the bailout plan, they are not going to vote for it. If the fate of this plan, no matter how imperfect it is -- if it doesn't meet, for example, your five prerequisites -- if the fate of the bill is in your hands, on your vote, could you and would you still vote against it?

MCCAIN: Well, let me say that I hope that Democrats would recognize that this issue should not be in any way related to my vote. This issue should be -- and their vote should be determined in how we can resolve this crisis and get America going again. This is a huge crisis, we know. In the words of many experts, and mine, this is the greatest financial crisis since World War II. So to somehow -- for the Democrats to say that their vote is going to be gauged on my vote, frankly, doesn't do them a great deal of credit. Their first and only priority should be making sure this economy recovers and get back on our feet again.

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
This is why he's ducking the debate. He doesn't want to have to answer questions about this until it's already been solved. It's pathetic.

Donger
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh goody. Another made-up jAZ headline.

ROYC75
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
This is why he's ducking the debate. He doesn't want to have to answer questions about this until it's already been solved. It's pathetic.

Right, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the bailout, maybe it's something he doesn't approve of, that maybe he thinks it's the wrong approach ?

You should be McCain's spokesman, you seem to know him well.

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Right, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the bailout, maybe it's something he doesn't approve of, that maybe he thinks it's the wrong approach ?

McCain's been clueless the last two weeks. Last Tuesday he said we can't bailout AIG, then after we did said it was inevitable and had to be done. This was after he got done saying the fundamentals of the economy are strong.

McCain doesn't understand the crisis and if he was that concerned as he's trying to say he is now, he would've got to work on it a while ago. He's merely doing what his political advisors have told him to do. They know they have to try and shake up this race if they have any chance of winning, as things aren't going well for him now.

ROYC75
09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
McCain's been clueless the last two weeks. Last Tuesday he said we can't bailout AIG, then after we did said it was inevitable and had to be done. This was after he got done saying the fundamentals of the economy are strong.

McCain doesn't understand the crisis and if he was that concerned as he's trying to say he is now, he would've got to work on it a while ago. He's merely doing what his political advisors have told him to do. They know they have to try and shake up this race if they have any chance of winning, as things aren't going well for him now.

Keep telling yourself this ..... Time will tell,anything can still happen.

Dallas Chief
09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh goody. Another made-up jAZ headline.

Exactly.

This is a self-fellating zone. Steer clear bro, or you may get some on you.

RINGLEADER
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Umm. Okay, I guess...

BucEyedPea
09-24-2008, 03:43 PM

My thoughts precisely. He wants time to be briefed and crammed by his advisors on what to say. He's weak on economics.

Really though, this is terra incognita and few know what to do.

ROYC75
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
:shake: Some of you people were not only born with it but you live by skepticism .........

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
:shake: Some of you people were not only born with it but you live by skepticism .........

Roy, most of the Republicans on this board have already acknowledged this was politically motivated. The only thing they're debating is whether it was a great political move or a bad one.

You appear to be the only one still stuck in the dark. That's usually the case.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2008, 03:57 PM
My thoughts precisely. He wants time to be briefed and crammed by his advisors on what to say. He's weak on economics.

Really though, this is terra incognita and few know what to do.

This is a hard subject to really get your arms around. It's not like voting for affirmative action or something. Top financial firms have their experts working around the clock to try and get their arms wrapped around it yet the libs expect McCain to have an instant answer. Pathetic. I am disappointed to see you say those are your thoughts precisely. I expected as much from the poster.

Guru
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
The debate is on foreign policy.

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
The debate is on foreign policy.

They're going to talk about the $700 billion bailout.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2008, 04:17 PM
This is a hard subject to really get your arms around. It's not like voting for affirmative action or something. Top financial firms have their experts working around the clock to try and get their arms wrapped around it yet the libs expect McCain to have an instant answer. Pathetic. I am disappointed to see you say those are your thoughts precisely. I expected as much from the poster.

Look McCain has admitted he's weak on economics. ( I don't think Obama is strong on it either.) Mac's being tutored by Carly Fiorina, former HP CEO on economics even before this debacle. It is a fact that she drove HP into the ground. However, I dissent, on the top financial firms being able to solve it as well. Where were they before it happened?

Sorry the so called experts let us down earlier.

There is, however, one school of thought, that predicted this outcome, as well as when similar events happened in the 70's and even the Great Depression—that is the Austrian School which has been around for a long time. Ron Paul is in Congress schooling Bernanke on our not ever really understanding what caused the Great Depression before and how solutions being advocated now are in the same camp. Paul appears to have a solution without having to call off anything. It's been his bag for a long time.

Let's face it, it's time old ideas die with this catastrophe.
Neither candidate are equipped to deal with it.
But it appears Mac wants to bone up, albeit with the wrong school of thought.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Look McCain has admitted he's weak on economics. ( I don't think Obama is strong on it either.) Mac's being tutored by Carly Fiorina, former HP CEO on economics even before this debacle. It is a fact that she drove HP into the ground. However, I dissent, on the top financial firms being able to solve it as well. Where were they before it happened?

There is, however, one school of thought, that predicted this outcome, as well as when similar events happened in the 70's and even the Great Depression—that is the Austrian School which has been around for a long time. Ron Paul is in Congress schooling Bernanke on our not ever really understanding what caused the Great Depression before and how solutions being advocated now are in the same camp. Paul appears to have a solution without having to call off anything. It's been his bag for a long time.

Both candidates will bone up in the end. It is what it is. My point was that not making an instant decision isn't necessarily a bad thing.

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Both candidates will bone up in the end.

Your opinion would carry a little more weight if you weren't in love with Sarah Palin and going to vote for John McCain.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Both candidates will bone up in the end. It is what it is. My point was that not making an instant decision isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Oh, well, I didn't get that. Instant decision isn't necessarily bad.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Your opinion would carry a little more weight if you weren't in love with Sarah Palin and going to vote for John McCain.

I never said I was voting for McCain. I never liked him as a politician and was outspoken about it before he even ran. MOF I think I said we would have been better off if he had never returned. I will not be voting for Obama, I can tell you that.

Neither of these guys are going to turn against this, watch.

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I never said I was voting for McCain. I never liked him as a politician and was outspoken about it before he even ran. MOF I think I said we would have been better off if he had never returned. I will not be voting for Obama, I can tell you that.

Neither of these guys are going to turn against this, watch.

You never said you're not voting for McCain. And if the tapdancing you just did in that last post is any indication, you will be.

If you are, fine. Just stop pretending you're somehow impartial. You're not.

BIG_DADDY
09-24-2008, 05:15 PM
You never said you're not voting for McCain. And if the tapdancing you just did in that last post is any indication, you will be.

If you are, fine. Just stop pretending you're somehow impartial. You're not.

You are right, I think Obama is the worst of the worst. Doesn't mean I will vote for McCain. I have said several times the last time I voted Republican was Bush Sr.

eazyb81
09-24-2008, 05:21 PM

WTF? Paul didn't "school" Bernanke on anything - did you even watch? Bernanke agreed with him on what caused the Great Depression, and then informed him that the majority of scholars see it the same way.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Senator John McCain was one of the three cosponsors of S.190, the bill that would have averted this mess.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:SN00190:@@@P

Ultra Peanut
09-24-2008, 06:41 PM
It doesn't matter how you answer that particularly question, because shit's ****ed anyways. It might be better or worse, but what McCain is trying to do is get on the "I fought against this!" side, because then the finger can be pointed at the people who tried to push through a solution that's, frankly, not going to be able to stop all of the bleeding in the best of circumstances.

Be a dissenter and you come out looking smart.

Senator John McCain was one of the three cosponsors of S.190, the bill that would have averted this mess.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:SN00190:@@@PHe became a cosponsor a year and a half after the other two? How does that even work?

Calcountry
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM

Really though, this is terra incognita and few know what to do.I love how all these idiots are quick to blame everything on McCain. Half of them couldn't even tell me what the multiplier effect is, yet they can shit in the can and lay the blame.

Calcountry
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Roy, most of the Republicans on this board have already acknowledged this was politically motivated. The only thing they're debating is whether it was a great political move or a bad one.

You appear to be the only one still stuck in the dark. That's usually the case.Of course its political, he is running for President. When he farts it makes news.

Calcountry
09-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Can anyone tell me what Franklin Raines advice is to Obama?

He is the one that was pimpin these loans.