PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Palin out of her league against Couric

HolmeZz
09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Just brutal.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vbg6hF0nShQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vbg6hF0nShQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick, though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about the need to reform government.

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some, and I'll bring them to you.

Ultra Peanut
09-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe McCain should replace her with Couric.

Friendo
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
"hahaha"

Cannibal
09-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I kind of feel sorry for her. She obviously is not ready for this stage of national politics. Now everyone can see why they want to shield her from these interviews so badly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh...my...god. She is actually worse than Bush. How is that possible?

And McCain has the gall to go on 60 minutes and say "absolutely...ab-so-lutely" when asked if she is ready to be prez.

Pathetic.

Friendo
09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh...my...god. She is actually worse than Bush. How is that possible?

And McCain has the gall to go on 60 minutes and say "absolutely...ab-so-lutely" when asked if she is ready to be prez.

Pathetic.

http://www.foundingbloggers.com/wordpress/2008/08/geraldine-ferraro-likes-the-palin-pick-video/

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what John McCain does in regards to the bailout.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
And the Democrats are still going to lose in November. THAT is what is truly embarrassing. all McCain is doing right now is holding up a mirror to the barrages from the left and it is working. I think the Dems should try another approach. Palin is getting sympathy from all of this shit that's been going down whether you like it or not. and the polls have been reflecting that.

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Suuuure thing there. Okie dokie.

the Talking Can
09-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Palin is getting sympathy from all of this shit that's been going down whether you like it or not. and the polls have been reflecting that.

that is not true...the opposite is true

she is tanking in the polls

you should actually pay attention as opposed to just pretending....

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:27 PM

We shall see. delusion ran wild in 2004 also.

Ultra Peanut
09-24-2008, 06:28 PM
And the Democrats are still going to lose in November. THAT is what is truly embarrassing. all McCain is doing right now is holding up a mirror to the barrages from the left and it is working. I think the Dems should try another approach. Palin is getting sympathy from all of this shit that's been going down whether you like it or not. and the polls have been reflecting that.Does rain fall up in your universe?

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Does rain fall up in your universe?

Maybe

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Maybe

You've got to admit, she's about as substantive as a Herm Edwards presser.

the Talking Can
09-24-2008, 06:31 PM

um...your opinion is irrelevant

you made a factual claim about polls...and your facts are incorrect

demonstrably false

you can't wish facts away

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
You've got to admit, she's about as substantive as a Herm Edwards presser.

I'm not denying it. but let me ask you a question. John Kerry owned Bush in all the debates in 2004. so how did Bush end up winning?

***SPRAYER
09-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm not denying it. but let me ask you a question. John Kerry owned Bush in all the debates in 2004. so how did Bush end up winning?

You want to buy a lumber company?

'Hamas' Jenkins

Most people in this country are dumbasses. It's easy to get someone to vote against their own self interest if they lack critical thinking skills.

Ultra Peanut
I'm not denying it. but let me ask you a question. John Kerry owned Bush in all the debates in 2004. so how did Bush end up winning?Bush controlled the media narrative from August forward, while Kerry kept hoping for someone to realize how full of shit the Swiftboaters were rather than actively combating the claims and going full-bore on Bush.

Robo-Chachi
I've been asking myself that for 8 long years.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:35 PM
um...your opinion is irrelevant

you made a factual claim about polls...and your facts are incorrect

demonstrably false

you can't wish facts away

Obama should be running away with this thing with the way the economy and price of gas is right now. it's an absolute embarrassment to the Democrats that it's this close. he will lose in November, or point the race finger if it's close.

listopencil
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Does rain fall up in your universe?

I'm going to vote for her because she's cute. There. I said it. I'm voting for the cute chick.

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Most people in this country are dumbasses. It's easy to get someone to vote against their own self interest if they lack critical thinking skills.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxJnf5tkfoo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxJnf5tkfoo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Bush controlled the media narrative from August forward, while Kerry kept hoping for someone to realize how full of shit the Swiftboaters were rather than actively combating the claims and going full-bore on Bush.

So you're saying Bush is smarter than Kerry? I bet you voted for Kerry, right?

***SPRAYER
09-24-2008, 06:38 PM
You want to buy some lumber?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Obama should be running away with this thing with the way the economy and price of gas is right now. it's an absolute embarrassment to the Democrats that it's this close. he will lose in November, or point the race finger if it's close.

Most of the people in this country are dumbasses. It's easy to get a person to vote against their own self interest if they lack critical thinking skills.

DaneMcCloud
You want to buy some lumber?

Do you own a timber company, too?

:D

'Hamas' Jenkins

Peanut's saying that Bush's campaign was more effective than Kerry's

Ultra Peanut
09-24-2008, 06:42 PM
So you're saying Bush is smarter than Kerry? I bet you voted for Kerry, right?I'm saying Rove and Pals ran a better campaign than Kerry, and I actually didn't give a **** in 2004. I was still in the "two turds wearing tuxedos" phase.

As evidenced by the past four years, that was a stupid attitude.

RJ
09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Sarah Palin is probably a nice lady and an excellent mom. I'd bet she was a competent mayor and maybe is even passable as Governor of Alaska. But she is defying the Peter Principle in that she has moved several steps past her level of incompetence. Seriously, that is embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch.

I do agree with dimension in one regard - I did feel sympathy for her. Not enough to vote for McCain, but it might be enough for some.

Programmer
09-24-2008, 06:45 PM

Whose polls? I've been polled 4 times in the past three months, all by phone. The first time they asked me a non-descript question after I told them what party I was registered with. The second pollster called and I told them I was registered democrat and was asked 6 different questions. The third poll I claimed to be independent and was asked 3 questions. The 4th pollster called and I hung up.

The polls, IMO, are slanted to get the response they want. My answers did not meet with the 'party line' of the democrats so I'm sure they were discarded for the final tally.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Most of the people in this country are dumbasses. It's easy to get a person to vote against their own self interest if they lack critical thinking skills.

They are only dumbasses since 2000? but they were smarter in the 90's?

Bush is a ****ing moron, there, I said it. it was a ****ing joke that the democrats couldn't beat him in 2004 and it's a ****ing joke that Obama is not running away with this thing right now. and that's not good for Obama and the Democrats.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2008, 06:47 PM

Bush is a ****ing moron, there, I said it. it was a ****ing joke that the democrats couldn't beat him in 2004 and it's a ****ing joke that Obama is not running away with this thing right now. and that's not good for Obama and the Democrats.

I agree. Lib's keep saying that voters are morons, but that would only be true if Bush had to run against a viable candidate NOT endorsed by moveon.org.

Friendo
09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
had she not taken the culture baton at that disgusting display at the RNC and sprinted with it, I might have some sympathy too. the only time these folks get exposed is when they step out of the vacuum chamber.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Peanut's saying that Bush's campaign was more effective than Kerry's

And that can be said again this election year. it should not be this close with the way things have been going with the state of our country this year. you have to admit that.

Taco John
09-24-2008, 06:49 PM
And the Democrats are still going to lose in November. THAT is what is truly embarrassing. all McCain is doing right now is holding up a mirror to the barrages from the left and it is working. I think the Dems should try another approach. Palin is getting sympathy from all of this shit that's been going down whether you like it or not. and the polls have been reflecting that.

My observation is that McCain is being killed right now, not only because of the weight that Palin is bringing to the ticket, but also because of the perception that he created which paints him as someone who is clueless on the economy.

Friendo
09-24-2008, 06:51 PM
My observation is that McCain is being killed right now, not only because of the weight that Palin is bringing to the ticket, but also because of the perception that he created which paints him as someone who is clueless on the economy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/7309i/george_will_kneecaps_mccain/

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM

I think Palin will get sympathy from undecided voters. definitely not maniacal lunatic leftists like Holmeezzz who scours the internet for dirt on Palin 24/7. :evil:

BTW..are you undecided or are you voting for Obama?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
And that can be said again this election year. it should not be this close with the way things have been going with the state of our country this year. you have to admit that.

The Republicans have an iron clad bloc of 38-40 percent that would vote for Stalin, Pinochet, or Pol Pot if they put them up. Their base is incredibly homogeneous and they are easily programmed.

listopencil
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I give up. **** it. For years now the POTUS election resembles nothing more than two half dead rabid bears fighting each other for four years at a time. It's pointless. What empty suit do you prefer to serve as our figurehead? Does it really matter?

listopencil
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm voting for the cute chick. Maybe she'll get nekkid.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM
The Republicans have an iron clad bloc of 38-40 percent that would vote for Stalin, Pinochet, or Pol Pot if they put them up. Their base is incredibly homogeneous and they are easily programmed.

That was funny. I actually laughed out loud.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM

It was a joke, but that doesn't change the fact that millions of religious psychos turned out because of f@ggots getting hitched, and it's relatively easy to scare people into obedience.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
It was a joke, but that doesn't change the fact that millions of religious psychos turned out because of f@ggots getting hitched, and it's relatively easy to scare people into obedience.

That can also be said about voting for an African American President. you don't think that's on a lot of peoples minds also? no matter how much you would like it, this country is not color blind.

RJ
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
What i really want to know is.....how come when SHTSPRAYER quotes dimension his name reads Big Gay Jim? NTTAWWT.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
What i really want to know is.....how come when SHTSPRAYER quotes dimension his name reads Big Gay Jim? NTTAWWT.

He's busting my balls. my name is Jim. I happen to know the infamous poster known as SHITSPRAYER. and like I always say, don't forget the I.

banyon
09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Wow, Katie Couric looks like a genius in this thing compared to Palin.

It's like Palin just thought one day "hey, it'd be neat to run for mayor!" and then someone in the Alaskan party drooled over her and promoted her way beyond her competence. But the scariest part is that for someone who is being thrust in the national spotlight, she seems to have spent no time whatsoever considering any issues of national importance besides maybe abortion.

RJ
09-24-2008, 07:10 PM
He's busting my balls. my name is Jim. I happen to know the infamous poster known as SHITSPRAYER. and like I always say, don't forget the I.

Thank you for clearing that up. I thought there was something wrong with my monitor, I kicked it a few times trying to move the letters back in their right places.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 07:21 PM
That can also be said about voting for an African American President. you don't think that's on a lot of peoples minds also? no matter how much you would like it, this country is not color blind.

I think that is a very real concern, and I wouldn't discredit that at all. There are droves of racists in this country, some Dem, some Independent, but I think you'd find a much higher proportion of them vote Republican, which is not saying that Republicans=racists, as that is a logical leap.

What I do find interesting is how people seem willing to acknowledge the existence of racism when talking about Obama's electoral prospects, yet they seem to wholly dismiss it when we talk about public policy. Strikes me as hypocritical.

SNR
09-24-2008, 07:27 PM

It's like Palin just thought one day "hey, it'd be neat to run for mayor!" and then someone in the Alaskan party drooled over her and promoted her way beyond her competence. But the scariest part is that for someone who is being thrust in the national spotlight, she seems to have spent no time whatsoever considering any issues of national importance besides maybe abortion.That's what I've been getting out of these interviews. There are posters in this forum whom if McCain picked as his VP, they would be able to competantly answer some of these softball questions and not sound like a shit-chucking ape like Palin. I'm not saying it isn't difficult to be in that sort of position, but it's clear Palin isn't cut out for national office just as it's clear that Damon Huard is not going to lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl at any point in his career.

max sleeper
09-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Thats good stuff!!! She needs to just keep on talkin! :) The sad thing is she is putting herself through this and has a new born at home as we all know. That has got to be hard. She is a nice person but she is being used as a gimmick. My wife and I have a 4 month old and just barely hang on to sanity. Imagine what it has to be like for her kids... Go Chiefs!

donkhater
09-24-2008, 08:17 PM
You know, I'm still waiting for a 'journalist' to grill Obama like they have Palin. Asking for specifics, questioning credentials, and being skepitcal about deeds done in office (Resko, etc). There have been blurbs and people know about them, but he has never been grilled to the extent Palin has.

banyon
09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
You know, I'm still waiting for a 'journalist' to grill Obama like they have Palin. Asking for specifics, questioning credentials, and being skepitcal about deeds done in office (Resko, etc). There have been blurbs and people know about them, but he has never been grilled to the extent Palin has.

This couldn't be more wrong. Obama has appeared in countless interviews, he even went on Fox News for chrissakes.

He's been asked about hundreds, thousands more complicated questions than the patient softballs lobbed at Palin. It's bizarre to me that you could even post this.

What is it you think he should be getting asked but he isn't?

Here he is on Meet the Press on one of his multiple appearances there.

<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/24452804#24452804" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM

She's been interview by Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric. She can't handle going against the guy from Good Morning America and the former host of the Today Show? It's hard to be "grilled" when you've had about 10 minutes total worth of interviews.

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Ooops, I forgot she went up against the tough questioning of Sean Hannity.

cdcox
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM

It's like Palin just thought one day "hey, it'd be neat to run for mayor!" and then someone in the Alaskan party drooled over her and promoted her way beyond her competence. But the scariest part is that for someone who is being thrust in the national spotlight, she seems to have spent no time whatsoever considering any issues of national importance besides maybe abortion.

And that is the difference on the experience question between her and Obama. Obama was thrust into the national spotlight 4 years ago when he spoke at the democratic convention. He's been virutally running for president ever since. Four years is a lot of time to get your game together. He can answer questions, he can extemporaneously speeak at length on a broad range of issues, he looks presidential. That preparatioin to run for president is also preparation to be president.

As far as the sympathy question goes, we are talking about the leader of the free world. Our enemies will show no sympathy to the unprepared. Our country can't afford another 4 years of W in a skirt. For this independent, Palin is the decisive reason I'll be voting democratic in this presidential election.

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Sarah Palin is perfectly capable of dealing with Ahmadinejad, but these bastards at MSNBC are too much!!

Ultra Peanut
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
You know, I'm still waiting for a 'journalist' to grill Obama like they have Palin. Asking for specifics, questioning credentials, and being skepitcal about deeds done in office (Resko, etc). There have been blurbs and people know about them, but he has never been grilled to the extent Palin has.Yeah, Obama is just accepting softball interviews from liberal shills like Bill O'Reilly. He's being coddled.

But Palin, who has given exactly two interviews with noted hard-hitters Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric... man, she's just running through muderer's row!

Cannibal
09-24-2008, 08:49 PM

Palin is getting sympathy for being unprepared for the office she seeks? Wow, the right wing has missplaced priorities.

DaKCMan AP
09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow. Just. Wow.

:shake:

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Obama is just accepting softball interviews from liberal shills like Bill O'Reilly. He's being coddled.

But Palin, who has given exactly two interviews with noted hard-hitters Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric... man, she's just running through muderer's row!

Don't forget Sean Hannity!!!

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Palin is getting sympathy for being unprepared for the office she seeks? Wow, the right wing has missplaced priorities.

And your pathetic party can't even capitalize on a horrible economy/awful president and awful candidate. says a lot about the left wing's awesome game plan, heh?

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 08:52 PM
No, it says a lot about people who are going to vote for their chosen party, no matter who the candidate.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 08:54 PM
No, it says a lot about people who are going to vote for their chosen party, no matter who the candidate.

Really? so we need Ross Perot to run again to even it out?

If you can't get the undecided vote you have to reevaluate what you're doing. not cry about the big bad Republicans and their voting base.

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Really? so we need Ross Perot to run again to even it out?

If you can't get the undecided vote you have to reevaluate what you're doing. not cry about the big bad Republicans and their voting base.

Most of those undecided voters wait until the debates to make a decision. Hmmmmm.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Most of those undecided voters wait until the debates to make a decision. Hmmmmm.

Did you read this thread?

Kerry owned Bush in all of the debates in 2004. it didn't matter. get it? hhhmmm?

Cannibal
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
And your pathetic party can't even capitalize on a horrible economy/awful president and awful candidate. says a lot about the left wing's awesome game plan, heh?

This has ZERO to do with "my pathetic party", this is about Palin being in way over her head. Stick to the topic.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 09:01 PM
This has ZERO to do with "my pathetic party", this is about Palin being in way over her head. Stick to the topic.

Oh yes it does. because regardless of how Palin is in over her head John McCain still has a very good chance of winning this election. and you see that makes your party pretty pathetic. just sayin'

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh yes it does. because regardless of how Palin is in over her head John McCain still has a very good chance of winning this election. and you see that makes your party pretty pathetic. just sayin'

I think it just speaks to the amount of total morons that live in our society.

banyon
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM

Kerry owned Bush in all of the debates in 2004. it didn't matter. get it? hhhmmm?

Sez who?

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Sadly, winning a debate doesn't guarantee you anything.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Sez who?

Says me. do you think Bush won any of those?

kcfanintitanhell
Oh yes it does. because regardless of how Palin is in over her head John McCain still has a very good chance of winning this election. and you see that makes this country pretty pathetic. just sayin'

FYP

Bill Parcells
I think it just speaks to the amount of total morons that live in our society.

Only now. not 10 years ago? right!

Robo-Chachi
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM

I'd say it makes the people with blinders on in the this country pathetic, not the Democratic party.

banyon
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Says me. do you think Bush won any of those?

I don't, but I had already determined Bush was a total retard at some point in mid 1999, so my opinion might have been impacted by that.

But the general polls didn't reflect that.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't, but I had already determined Bush was a total retard at some point in mid 1999, so my opinion might have been impacted by that.

It's because people had such low expectations he was perceived as doing well because he said 2 things.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM

Bush looked like such an idiot in the first one that I thought there was no way he could recover if he had 100 more debates.

banyon
09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
It's because people had such low expectations he was perceived as doing well because he said 2 things.

I know. It's my biggest apprehension about Palin and her debate.

"She didn't pass out unconscious" she met expectations!

banyon
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Bush looked like such an idiot in the first one that I thought there was no way he could recover if he had 100 more debates.

Other people besides you and me then were more forgiving or more able to view the debates as distinct events.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM

It doesn't help that there are women that think she's like them when she's not cause she has kids. Or idiot people will think she's being picked on when she simply doesn't know anything..

Or my favorite demo the people who being an idiot plays to because they think "oh they're just like me"

bsp4444
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM

Hasn't he been "grilled" about his birth certificate. Questioning credentials as you stated.

Logical
09-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Could it be more obvious that every answer were memorized answers. The first two questions required different answers and she could not give them.

Sully
09-24-2008, 09:38 PM
That's what I've been getting out of these interviews. There are posters in this forum whom if McCain picked as his VP, they would be able to competantly answer some of these softball questions and not sound like a shit-chucking ape like Palin. I'm not saying it isn't difficult to be in that sort of position, but it's clear Palin isn't cut out for national office just as it's clear that Damon Huard is not going to lead the Chiefs to a Super Bowl at any point in his career.

This gave me a humorous picture in my head.
You know how a couple of bands (Journey and Judas Priest, IIRC) have picked new singers they saw in karaoke bars, or YouTube, or something like that? At what point does some pres candidate see some poster online that seems smart,a nd matches his views, and begin to run that person as his/her VP?

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Anyone who actually cares for the future of the country should be appalled that someone this stupid and unprepared is actually considered a serious candidate for the second most important job in the Republican.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Anyone who actually cares for the future of the country should be appalled that someone this stupid and unprepared is actually considered a serious candidate for the second most important job in the Republican.

Not to mention it's with the oldest 1st time candidate ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok, I'm officially challenging Sarah Palin to a debate. October 3rd, the day after her VP debate.

'Hamas'

Palin

YouTube.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok, I'm officially challenging Sarah Palin to a debate. October 3rd, the day after her VP debate.

'Hamas'

Palin

YouTube.

You could probably school her...

Logical
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
... Palin is getting sympathy from all of this shit that's been going down whether you like it or not. and the polls have been reflecting that.Wow, my friend, you are not current.

Palin's Favorability Ratings Tumble (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/09/19/palins_favorability_ratings_tumble.html)

Gov. Sarah Palin's favorable/unfavorable ratings have suffered a stunning 21 point collapse in just one week, according to Research 2000 (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/17/195514/801/936/602155) polling. Last week, 52% approved and 35% disapproved of the GOP vice presidential nominee (+17 net). This week, 42% approved and 46% disapprove (-4 net).

Earlier this week, Newsweek (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/16/palin-s-favorability-ratings-begin-to-falter.aspx) also saw the drop in other polling. "Over the course of a single weekend... Palin went from being the most popular White House hopeful to the least."

Friendo
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow, my friend, you are not current.

Palin's Favorability Ratings Tumble (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/09/19/palins_favorability_ratings_tumble.html)

Gov. Sarah Palin's favorable/unfavorable ratings have suffered a stunning 21 point collapse in just one week, according to Research 2000 (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/17/195514/801/936/602155) polling. Last week, 52% approved and 35% disapproved of the GOP vice presidential nominee (+17 net). This week, 42% approved and 46% disapprove (-4 net).

Earlier this week, Newsweek (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/16/palin-s-favorability-ratings-begin-to-falter.aspx) also saw the drop in other polling. "Over the course of a single weekend... Palin went from being the most popular White House hopeful to the least."

wait till this vid makes the rounds...

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 09:48 PM

'Hamas'

Palin

YouTube.
http://silverjacket.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/09/thunderdome.jpg

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 09:50 PM

Wow, I had been in California over the weekend partying. so you are correct it seems, Mr. Cronus.

The problem is that McCain is still within striking distance though, regardless of how awful everybody thinks she is.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 09:50 PM

Bullshit.

This post is total bullshit.

Logical
09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Sarah Palin is probably a nice lady and an excellent mom. I'd bet she was a competent mayor and maybe is even passable as Governor of Alaska. But she is defying the Peter Principle in that she has moved several steps past her level of incompetence. Seriously, that is embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch.

I do agree with dimension in one regard - I did feel sympathy for her. Not enough to vote for McCain, but it might be enough for some.

Just curious, why did you feel sympathy. It did not seem like Couric was intentionally try to persecute or trap Palin, just to get her to answer the questions asked.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm not going to defend Palin and McCain. the Republican Party deserves this level of scrutiny after Bush.

However---Obama isn't questioned nearly as hard has Palin has been. he gets a tough question---then insists he has been quite clear on his answer (even though he has many clips to the contrary)--gives an equally rethorical response--and the interviewer moves on. Not once to they (the interviewer) sit there and demand a specific point or a cleare answer from the man. And any attempt at doing so is unfair and hints of racisim. Evidence #1--The ABC debate with George Stephanopoluos. He asked pointed questions about Resko and Wright and Obama cried bloody murder in the after math.

The media coverage on this election has been embarassing.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
The only reason the media gets away with this with Palin is because she is a Republican. No women's group in the country will come to her defense or scream sexism because she isn't a liberal. Meanwhile, Hillary cries in a press conference and the big bad media needs to stop pressuring her and picking on her. Could you imagine the fall out if Palin ever cried at a presser? It would be the end of the election right there.

Hillary, on the other hand, won New Hampshire mainly because of that stunt.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 09:57 PM
The only reason the media gets away with this with Palin is because she is a Republican. No women's group in the country will come to her defense or scream sexism because she isn't a liberal. Meanwhile, Hillary cries in a press conference and the big bad media needs to stop pressuring her and picking on her. Could you imagine the fall out if Palin ever cried at a presser? It would be the end of the election right there.

I would say no woman's group would come to her defense because she hasn't really done shit for women...

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 09:58 PM
McCain campaign : space shuttle :: Palin : O-ring

Direckshun
09-24-2008, 09:59 PM
You know, Couric's doing great work for CBS. She may salvage that station's credibility yet.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I would say no woman's group would come to her defense because she hasn't really done shit for women...

What specifically has Hillary done for women?

You honestly don't believe what you've just said right? Where was the NAACP when Thomas was undergoing scrutiny for being aSupreme court Justice? You think they would have stayed onthe sidelines if he had been left-leaning? Come on now. You're more sensible than this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
McCain campaign : space shuttle :: Palin : O-ring

Yeah, but his advisory team reminds me of the NASA board who overrode the engineers and scientists, and gave the go-ahead to launch despite the fact that those O-rings were not designed to operate in those temperatures, but they tossed them out there anyway.

|Zach|
You know, Couric's doing great work for CBS. She may salvage that station's credibility yet.

I remember when she first started. I never thought she would do a bad job or anything but she consistently surprises me by her work. Does good stuff.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 10:02 PM

Why should they support a woman who votes against womens rights? Just being a woman doesn't mean she supports their causes.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:03 PM

I don't even think in all cases it is racism, but the electorate in many cases are not ready to accept a candidate out of the norm, white male or nothing for many.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm not going to defend Palin and McCain. the Republican Party deserves this level of scrutiny after Bush.

However---Obama isn't questioned nearly as hard has Palin has been. he gets a tough question---then insists he has been quite clear on his answer (even though he has many clips to the contrary)--gives an equally rethorical response--and the interviewer moves on. Not once to they (the interviewer) sit there and demand a specific point or a cleare answer from the man. And any attempt at doing so is unfair and hints of racisim. Evidence #1--The ABC debate with George Stephanopoluos. He asked pointed questions about Resko and Wright and Obama cried bloody murder in the after math.

The media coverage on this election has been embarassing.You obviously did not watch him being question by Bill O'Reilly.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Why should they support a woman who votes against womens rights? Just being a woman doesn't mean she supports their causes.

There are a LOT of women who side more with Palin's view's than those of the likes of NOW, etc...

Hey..I'm all for the media scrutiny that Palin gets. Just balance it out a bit and don't be so damn transparent.

Look at the Gibson interview with Obama then the one with Pailn and you tell me with a straight face that the tone of those two interviews are even remotely in the same neighborhood.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I say Couric is out of her league if she thinks our financial crisis is even caused by deregulation. And Sara Peron shouldn't have played into it the way she did.

Taco John
What strikes me the most about the Palin/McCain matchup is just how much see seems to loathe him...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RN5xbWtNSU&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RN5xbWtNSU&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

|Zach|
What specifically has Hillary done for women?

Domestic Violence: As a law student, Clinton represented foster children and parents in family court and worked on some of the earliest studies creating legal standards for identifying and protecting abused children. As an attorney, Clinton was an outspoken advocate for children and families, including representing victims of sexual assault and rape. Her Little Rock, Ark. home was near the local domestic violence shelter, where she spent hours talking to the women and children, listening to their stories and helping them access needed resources.

Violence Against Women Act: As First Lady, Clinton was out front in urging Congress to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act. As a U.S. senator she has fought to fully fund VAWA, arguing that the programs of the act are critical to women being able to establish lives free from violence and its ensuing problems.

Global Protections: At the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing in 1995, Clinton proclaimed to the world that women's rights are human rights. She stated that "it is a violation of human rights when a leading cause of death worldwide (of women) is the violence they are subjected to in their own homes and it is a violation of human rights when women are doused with gasoline, set on fire and burned to death because their marriage dowries are deemed too small."

Pay Equity: Clinton has supported and is the lead sponsor of the Paycheck Fairness Act. She has a robust track record promoting women's educational advancement and equality in the workplace.

Birth Control: Clinton co-sponsored the Prevention First legislation in the senate and has long advocated for strengthening access to contraception, identifying realistic solutions to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, and improving access to women's health care. Clinton continues to champion increased funding for Title X family planning services, and insuring equitable insurance coverage for contraception, and has introduced new legislation to ensure Medicaid coverage of contraception for low-income women.

Emergency Contraception (EC): Clinton led the fight, along with Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash.) to force the Food and Drug Administration to allow emergency contraception to be sold in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription, increasing its accessibility for emergency use. Senator Clinton also supported legislation to create, expand and fund teen pregnancy prevention programs and education programs that would include access to emergency contraceptives.

Abortion: Senator Clinton's votes have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to a woman's right to safe, legal abortion, while at the same time working on programs to reduce the number of unintended and unwanted pregnancies.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
There are a LOT of women who side more with Palin's view's than those of the likes of NOW, etc...

There are a lot of women like that.

But not MORE who agree with Palin's side. By a long shot.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM

No as someone caught squarely in the middle, it says a lot about the awesome ability to lead the American people down a bad road, using Rovian tactics. Give the bastard credit he runs and effective campaign.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Domestic Violence: As a law student, Clinton represented foster children and parents in family court and worked on some of the earliest studies creating legal standards for identifying and protecting abused children. As an attorney, Clinton was an outspoken advocate for children and families, including representing victims of sexual assault and rape. Her Little Rock, Ark. home was near the local domestic violence shelter, where she spent hours talking to the women and children, listening to their stories and helping them access needed resources.

Violence Against Women Act: As First Lady, Clinton was out front in urging Congress to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act. As a U.S. senator she has fought to fully fund VAWA, arguing that the programs of the act are critical to women being able to establish lives free from violence and its ensuing problems.

Global Protections: At the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing in 1995, Clinton proclaimed to the world that women's rights are human rights. She stated that "it is a violation of human rights when a leading cause of death worldwide (of women) is the violence they are subjected to in their own homes and it is a violation of human rights when women are doused with gasoline, set on fire and burned to death because their marriage dowries are deemed too small."

Pay Equity: Clinton has supported and is the lead sponsor of the Paycheck Fairness Act. She has a robust track record promoting women's educational advancement and equality in the workplace.

Birth Control: Clinton co-sponsored the Prevention First legislation in the senate and has long advocated for strengthening access to contraception, identifying realistic solutions to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, and improving access to women's health care. Clinton continues to champion increased funding for Title X family planning services, and insuring equitable insurance coverage for contraception, and has introduced new legislation to ensure Medicaid coverage of contraception for low-income women.

Emergency Contraception (EC): Clinton led the fight, along with Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash.) to force the Food and Drug Administration to allow emergency contraception to be sold in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription, increasing its accessibility for emergency use. Senator Clinton also supported legislation to create, expand and fund teen pregnancy prevention programs and education programs that would include access to emergency contraceptives.

Abortion: Senator Clinton's votes have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to a woman's right to safe, legal abortion, while at the same time working on programs to reduce the number of unintended and unwanted pregnancies.

OK.

Ironically, she wouldn't have been in a position to do 80% of that had she not married the right man.

Bill Parcells
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
No as someone caught squarely in the middle, it says a lot about the awesome ability to lead the American people down a bad road, using Rovian tactics. Give the bastard credit he runs and effective campaign.
No, that's politics. it's a dirty game for both sides, and if you're not good at it you lose.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
What strikes me the most about the Palin/McCain matchup is just how much see seems to loathe him...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RN5xbWtNSU&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
When I first saw these videos of McCain, I thought he was checking out her cleavage. Now I think he was reading her script to make sure she was not deviating.

Mecca
09-24-2008, 10:16 PM
When I first saw these videos of McCain, I thought he was checking out her cleavage. Now I think he was reading her script to make sure she was not deviating.

That's what it is, she's a puppet that reads what's written for her, when she does any kind of interview she looks awful. Hence why they're shielding her and now trying to keep her away from a debate.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM
You could probably school her...Not probably, he would, I think you and a number of people on this board would. Fact is patteeu and Baby Lee both would as well.

UP would leave her crying on the floor, she would be so confused and unable to deal with UPs unique responses.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
OK.

Ironically, she wouldn't have been in a position to do 80% of that had she not married the right man.
And if Bush the isn't the son of the first president Bush? Dude, go play somewhere else...

I would ask you a a few questions but you have already put up the white flag on defending anyone you support in this thread.

Kudos.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
That's what it is, she's a puppet that reads what's written for her, when she does any kind of interview she looks awful. Hence why they're shielding her and now trying to keep her away from a debate.

Frankly all four of these characters have issues when it comes to ad-libbing--

McCain clearly looks uncomfortable in front of any mike.

Biden--who the hell knows what's going to come out of his mouth?

Palin--the neocons are going school her like they did Bush

Obama--he clearly isn't as eloquent when speaking away from a telepromter. Ohs and ahs alot.

It's going to be another long 4 years.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:23 PM
This couldn't be more wrong. Obama has appeared in countless interviews, he even went on Fox News for chrissakes.

He's been asked about hundreds, thousands more complicated questions than the patient softballs lobbed at Palin. It's bizarre to me that you could even post this.

What is it you think he should be getting asked but he isn't?

Here he is on Meet the Press on one of his multiple appearances there.

<iframe src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/24452804#24452804" scrolling="no" width="425" frameborder="0" height="339"></iframe>Not to mention his 20 Democratic debates. Dude has never faced tough questioning.ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Not probably, he would, I think you and a number of people on this board would. Fact is patteeu and Baby Lee both would as well.

UP would leave her crying on the floor, she would be so confused and unable to deal with UPs unique responses.

I would love to hear UP tell Palin in the 30 second rebuttal period,

"That is retarded. You are retarded."

donkhater
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
And if Bush the isn't the son of the first president Bush? Dude, go play somewhere else...

I would ask you a a few questions but you have already put up the white flag on defending anyone you support in this thread.

Kudos.

I agree. You think I think Bush got there on his own accord?

I just think Hillary's acheivements are ripe with irony. that's all.

And I have no idea what you mean by a white flag. I can say with a straight face I support none of these idiots. Although i will admit I do not fancy liberal ideology. Neocon policies are equally ineffective and stupid.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:25 PM

"That is retarded. You are retarded."That would be a classic moment in the annals of debating.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 10:26 PM

"That is retarded. You are retarded."

LMAOLMAO

Guru
09-24-2008, 10:26 PM
God I hate knowing our country is screwed either way.

donkhater
09-24-2008, 10:28 PM
God I hate knowing our country is screwed either way.

If you're trying to find the punchline in this whole mess, that's it. The joke is on the American public.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I love when she repeats the exact same answer to the first and second question, yet she has to take a long pause to remember the memorized answer so she can repeat it.

I also love when she falls on the John McCain is a maverick, when she could not answer Courics next to last question. That is like McCain falling back on his POW experience every time he gets a tough question.

RJ
09-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Just curious, why did you feel sympathy. It did not seem like Couric was intentionally try to persecute or trap Palin, just to get her to answer the questions asked.

I felt sorry for her because she is in way over her head. Someone convinced her she was up to this task but the fact is she is not. Win or lose, the woman is being used.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Win or lose, the woman is being used.

Some women are into that sort of thing.

Just say'n...

beer bacon
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM

Bush jumped out to a huge lead on Kerry before the debates, and the bump Kerry received from the debates wasn't big enough to make up the 10+ points he was down.

RJ
09-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Some women are into that sort of thing.

Just say'n...

Well sure, in the right setting that can be a good thing.

Guru
09-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Hell, I think she has been more journalistic than any of the other networks. She presses both sides. She is the only one, of the networks, that really tried to go after Obama.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Hell, I think she has been more journalistic than any of the other networks. She presses both sides. She is the only one, of the networks, that really tried to go after Obama.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I give up. **** it. For years now the POTUS election resembles nothing more than two half dead rabid bears fighting each other for four years at a time. It's pointless. What empty suit do you prefer to serve as our figurehead? Does it really matter?I used to think probably not, but then I remember Jimmy Carter and think about W. It matters a little bit.

|Zach|
09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Well sure, in the right setting that can be a good thing.

:)

beer bacon
09-24-2008, 10:46 PM

Obama has done hundreds of interviews. He went on the O'Reilly Factor a couple weeks ago for ****'s sake. Obama has answered bullshit Ayers and Wright questions during debates on network television. Obama spent a month getting asked dozens of questions a day about Wright. Please don't be a dumbass.

Logical
09-24-2008, 10:47 PM
I felt sorry for her because she is in way over her head. Someone convinced her she was up to this task but the fact is she is not. Win or lose, the woman is being used.Thanks and I agree, I just don't feel sympathy. To me she is someone who cares more about political ladder climbing than about the people. That eventually catches up with a person.

Mr. Kotter
09-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Ya know, there is nothing....and I do mean, NOTHING....that this woman could do to please any Obama supporter/McCain haters at this point.

Sure, she has been caught in this journalistic "gotcha" game they have going for her--and don't deny for a minute that it exists, it is patently clear to anyone who is objective that she is under an intense microscope right now. One which has, definitely, exposed her as fallible.

That said, has anyone....and I mean ANYONE, yet, posed the gaffe after gaffe, after gaffe....that Joe Biden has been embroiled in???? Seriously. This guy, who FTR I thought was a pretty good choice, has been simply....embarrassing for the last week or two. :shake:

I hope Barrack is able to shake Joe's mistakes off, because I suspect Joe's mistakes will become fodder for the next week's news's cycle....if you haven't "heard of" or "seen" them yet, I suspect you will over the next week or so.

Then we could make an honest comparison....between a political neophyte, and someone who's strength was suppose to be their "experience" and foreign policy and Washington "savvy." Wow. He's fallen miserably short.

Good thing for me, as an Obama supporter...that people vote for the TOP of the ticket, not the VP choice, in deciding who to support for President....because Biden has been laughable, of late.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=549c0101-6d64-4cb7-8567-301b3b95fc87

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/23/biden-turns-on-the-gaffe-machine.aspx

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/12/us/politics/12biden.html

Jenson71
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
It is totally, undeniably true that thinking Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed and he got on television to talk to people about it is a serious blunder of historical organization.

Mr. Kotter
09-24-2008, 11:30 PM
It is totally, undeniably true that thinking Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed and he got on television to talk to people about it is a serious blunder of historical organization.

Eh, it was less the original blunder, than the attempt to cover/explain it away....heh. :shake:

Frankie
09-25-2008, 12:40 AM
delusion ran wild in 2004 also.

Before Diebold machines did. :hmmm:

Guru
09-25-2008, 01:24 AM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekQ_Ja02gTY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Yeah, I am serious. Get over it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I am serious. Get over it.

Yes, Obama has been endlessly coddled on Meet the Press, O'Reilly, and in the Democratic debates.

Guru
09-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Yes, Obama has been endlessly coddled on Meet the Press, O'Reilly, and in the Democratic debates.

I am referring to one on one network interviews. NBC, CBS, ABC.

Not cable shows like O'Reilly and debates.

I generally don't watch NBC so I don't see Meet the Press.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 01:41 AM

I generally don't watch NBC so I don't see Meet the Press.

So you missed Obama on "This Week" then? Stephonopolous wouldn't even let him finish a sentence.

Guru
09-25-2008, 02:57 AM
So you missed Obama on "This Week" then? Stephonopolous wouldn't even let him finish a sentence.
nah, I missed that one. Have to look it up on youtube.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Thanks and I agree, I just don't feel sympathy. To me she is someone who cares more about political ladder climbing than about the people. That eventually catches up with a person.

Replace she with he and you have Obama. How is it that you can see something like that in a republican that was picked but be so totally blind when addressing the same issue with your favorite son?

Mecca
09-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Replace she with he and you have Obama. How is it that you can see something like that in a republican that was picked but be so totally blind when addressing the same issue with your favorite son?

So when has Obama ever once looked as remotely stupid or inept as she has?

Programmer
09-25-2008, 04:46 AM
So when has Obama ever once looked as remotely stupid or inept as she has?

Every time he speaks in public without teleprompters or an ear wig.

It's amazing that you expect on camera and public experience from a n00b to the national scene right out of the hat.

Obama has been working on his nomination as president for four years and has been on tap at his will during those four years. Palin has been localized to Alaska and has had very little time infront of a hostile (liberal) media for less than a month.

Your points are not comparing apples to apples. I never expected less.

Alphaman
09-25-2008, 05:33 AM

The same could be said of McCain who even admitted lying in order to try to gain the 2000 republican nomination.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 05:42 AM
The same could be said of McCain who even admitted lying in order to try to gain the 2000 republican nomination.

Link?

Alphaman
09-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman

Link?

Simple google will get it for you...

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/02_43/b3805029.htm

Such self-righteousness in a memoir could become tiresome, but McCain leavens it by reflecting on his own shortcomings, particularly occasional failures to stick to his ideals. When McCain began his campaign in 1999 against George W. Bush for the Republican Presidential nomination, he lectured New Hampshire voters on the danger of political doublespeak. "Spinning," he said, "is lying. I'm not going to spin." But a few months later, during a controversy over South Carolina's flying the Confederate flag, McCain first said the banner was offensive, then waffled. He now admits that he sacrificed ideals for ambition. "It could come down to lying or losing," McCain writes. "I chose lying."

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 05:57 AM

Well, Rove is at least.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Whose polls? I've been polled 4 times in the past three months, all by phone. The first time they asked me a non-descript question after I told them what party I was registered with. The second pollster called and I told them I was registered democrat and was asked 6 different questions. The third poll I claimed to be independent and was asked 3 questions. The 4th pollster called and I hung up.

The polls, IMO, are slanted to get the response they want. My answers did not meet with the 'party line' of the democrats so I'm sure they were discarded for the final tally.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:00 AM

I admit it. Freely.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Yeah, Obama is just accepting softball interviews from liberal shills like Bill O'Reilly. He's being coddled.

ROFL

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:04 AM

:shrug: But it makes John McCain hopelessly irresponsible to pick someone so obviously unqualified, when he is, let's face it, an old man with a higher than average chance of not living out his term.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:05 AM

And how have the last 8 years worked out for the country, you having voted for, and we having elected, this idiot?

(hint: Feel free to read the front page of any major newspaper today)

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:11 AM

THANK GOD!!

I was petrified that this hopelessly unqualified person -- no matter how nice, no matter how "family-oriented" or whatever -- would be a plus on the ticket by virtue of having a vagina and being pitied by the electorate.

I have no issues with women candidates, and no issues with people from Alaska, or Republicans in general being elected, but AT LEAST BE QUALIFIED for God's sake.

I happily admit McCain is certainly qualified. Palin just isn't. And it's screamingly obvious. She can't even PRETEND to be qualified in a highly controlled environment where she is absurdly "managed" by the campaign.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:14 AM
I say Couric is out of her league if she thinks our financial crisis is even caused by deregulation. And Sara Peron shouldn't have played into it the way she did.

:rolleyes:

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:15 AM
OK.

That may be, but she was brilliant and politically connected even before she married Bill, and there's room to question how much he owes her too. That's not a one way street.

PRIEST
09-25-2008, 06:19 AM
:shrug: But it makes John McCain hopelessly irresponsible to pick someone so obviously unqualified, when he is, let's face it, an old man with a higher than average chance of not living out his term.

The pick of Palin was pandering at it's best now it will be the undoing of his run. Jesus how stupid can people be :rolleyes:

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Every time he speaks in public without teleprompters or an ear wig.

It's amazing that you expect on camera and public experience from a n00b to the national scene right out of the hat.

Obama has been working on his nomination as president for four years and has been on tap at his will during those four years. Palin has been localized to Alaska and has had very little time infront of a hostile (liberal) media for less than a month.

Your points are not comparing apples to apples. I never expected less.

She could be Vice President in FOUR MONTHS! Sorry we expect her to be something other than a dumbass.

Logical
09-25-2008, 06:26 AM

I do see it, he is just qualified to politically ladder climb, she is not.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:27 AM

The left is not doing anything. She is unqualified and unvetted. McCain and the republican party are responsible for what is happening to her. They never should have pulled such a political stunt. Country first, my ass.

The McCain campaign's attempts to label the inevitable discovery process as a personal attack by "the left" is just another whiney PR ploy to manipulate the corporate media and blame democrats for their own sins.

Logical
09-25-2008, 06:28 AM

I generally don't watch NBC so I don't see Meet the Press.Why do you limit yourself to the old world order big three? Is it you don't have cable or is this a choice?

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:33 AM

I'm not delusional. I expect McCain to win. But it's because I'm cynical and realistic. Not because I think he will have earned it. His actions and conduct are proving that he is not presidential. He's not the superior candidate. He'll win because he's got the power quo behind him. Corporate money, the mechanisms of government, and the corporate media will play their role in screwing the people out of responsible pragmatic governance once again.

I can hardly wait to listen to McCain and Palin whining and lying for the next four years while this country continues it's downward spiral.

Thank you for your contribution.

StcChief
09-25-2008, 06:34 AM
The left is not doing anything. She is unqualified and unvetted. McCain and the republican party are responsible for what is happening to her. They never should have pulled such a political stunt. Country first, my ass.

The McCain campaign's attempts to label the inevitable discovery process as a personal attack by "the left" is just another whiney PR ploy to manipulate the corporate media and blame democrats for their own sins.
so who's unqualified here????

the Jr.Senator from Illinois. who has done anything of value. Voting present doesn't count.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:35 AM

Exactly. That's why I don't have faith in the process anymore.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:37 AM

It's an embarrassment to the country, not the democrats. It's an embarrassment to you that you can recognize how screwed up the republican party is yet you are going to vote for them anyway.

What are democrats supposed to do about dumbasses who are too stubborn or too stupid to help themselves or their country? Maybe if they lied to you it might help.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:40 AM
That was funny. I actually laughed out loud.

ROFL

It's true. Who are the 25% who think this country is on the right track?

PRIEST
09-25-2008, 06:43 AM
It's an embarrassment to the country, not the democrats. It's an embarrassment to you that you can recognize how screwed up the republican party is yet you are going to vote for them anyway.

What are democrats supposed to do about dumbasses who are too stubborn or too stupid to help themselves or their country? Maybe if they lied to you it might help.

Agree stupid people ,Thank you Sir my I have another :eek:

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:43 AM

Because of people like you who fall into line when the corporate media says boo.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:44 AM

Because of the built in advantage of being the status quo candidate and because of people like you who will buy a phony bill of goods without thinking twice.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:45 AM

Because of people like you who won't think about the consequences of continuing down the failed path that the republican party has led us.

penchief
09-25-2008, 06:49 AM
No, that's politics. it's a dirty game for both sides, and if you're not good at it you lose.

Democrats lose because they don't stoop to the levels that republicans do. Republicans have no conscience.

patteeu
09-25-2008, 07:20 AM

Palin's going to get killed by Biden, the skilled debater. If she doesn't break down crying and run off the stage, we'll have to consider it a win.

Mecca
09-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Palin's going to get killed by Biden, the skilled debater. If she doesn't break down crying and run off the stage, we'll have to consider it a win.

Considering she can't answer questions from softball interviews....um you might wanna rethink your sarcastic posting.

VAChief
09-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Considering she can't answer questions from softball interviews....um you might wanna rethink your sarcastic posting.

With a little effort someone could probably piece together a majority of her responses to questions that might come up in the debate before the debates start. "Maverick, Country First, etc."

xbarretx
09-25-2008, 11:10 AM

ill tell you, the vibe im sending to her IS NOT sympathy.

Chief Henry
09-25-2008, 11:12 AM
so who's unqualified here????

the Jr.Senator from Illinois. who has done anything of value. Voting present doesn't count.

Barack Hussien Obama is a creation of the liberal conscience...

Programmer
09-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I do see it, he is just qualified to politically ladder climb, she is not.

Why is that? Is this where you pull out the race card? If he were a white man would he be still be politically qualifed to climb that ladder?

Programmer
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
She could be Vice President in FOUR MONTHS! Sorry we expect her to be something other than a dumbass.

So you expect more out of her than you expect out of Obama? He is a dumbass on the same level.

You liberals will justify anything to be able to live with your agenda.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Do you think you're more intelligent than Obama, Tom?

Programmer
09-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman

Simple google will get it for you...

I did do a google, but I was not the person that wrote the first comment. I'm often casticized for not putting a link on my comments. Why should anyone else be different?

From now on I will refer to this post for those that feel I'm not doing their work for them.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Do you think you're more intelligent than Obama, Tom?

Depends in what arena you are speaking of. There are plenty of area's that either of us could claim that.

Do you think you're more intelligent than Obama, moron? (I don't know your name so I'll have to use moron as the substitute.)

Chiefnj2
09-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Palin is too stupid to know that Katie bitch slapped and stomped her vajayjay around the entire interview.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Depends in what arena you are speaking of. There are plenty of area's that either of us could claim that.

In the arena of being President.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Because of people like you who fall into line when the corporate media says boo.
I know, picking the lesser of two bad pieces of shit is my fault?
Because of the built in advantage of being the status quo candidate and because of people like you who will buy a phony bill of goods without thinking twice.
Again, picking the lesser of two pieces of shit is my fault?
Because of people like you who won't think about the consequences of continuing down the failed path that the republican party has led us.
The failed path that won the cold war without any help from the democrats?

The westernization of eastern Europe is what made our economy boom in the 90's, not anything that douchebag Clinton did.
Democrats lose because they don't stoop to the levels that republicans do. Republicans have no conscience.
You are full of shit. the chairman of the DNC is a douchebag that was acting like a maniac while he was running for president. is that the kind of person you approve of?

ROFL

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
The only people saying they have to choose between two pieces of shit are McCain voters.

Anyone else notice that?

NewChief
09-25-2008, 01:45 PM
The only people saying they have to choose between two pieces of shit are McCain voters.

Anyone else notice that?

Now that you mention it... yes.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Why is that? Is this where you pull out the race card? If he were a white man would he be still be politically qualifed to climb that ladder?

He's highly intelligent, extremely well education, and has been on the national stage for several years now.

Palin has very little experience as anything other than May of a tiny little town in the middle of freaking Alaska. There's NOTHING there to establish her credentials as either highly intellignet or well versed in world affairs. No top schools. NOTHING. Why is that hard to comprehend? What this has to do with race or gender I have no idea.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 01:46 PM

Anyone else notice that?

I noticed it. you guys are definitely going gaga over Obama. it doesn't matter who would be running for the Democrats. hell, lets get Robert Byrd out there and you'd be going gaga over him too.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
So you expect more out of her than you expect out of Obama? He is a dumbass on the same level.

He is? Then why is she being hidden from the media? WHy was she whisked away for a week after being nominated? Why is she sounding like a clueless moron during her rare interview opportunities?

BECAUSE SHE HAS NO CLUE.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
The failed path that won the cold war without any help from the democrats?

Right, because the Berlin Airlift, Marshall Plan, Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis and Vietnam War had nohting to do with winning the cold war?

This may be the stupidest statement ever made on here. Seriously, it's stunning in its ignorance. STUNNING.

The westernization of eastern Europe is what made our economy boom in the 90's, not anything that douchebag Clinton did.

ROFL Much as you try, you haven't topped yourself yet, but keep going and perhaps you shall.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
I noticed it.

So why do you keep supporting and voting for a party that keeps putting up candidates you don't like? Why don't you take a stand instead of falling in line?

the Talking Can
09-25-2008, 01:55 PM
no honest person can watch that interview and believe she is qualified to be vice president, or god forbid, president....

she doesn't know anything about anything....i actually feel sorry for her after watching...her answers are humiliatingly pointless....

that mccain would pick her is proof enough of his contempt for the citizens of this country...

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Right, because the Berlin Airlift, Marshall Plan, Korean War, Cuban Missile Crisis and Vietnam War had nohting to do with winning the cold war?

This may be the stupidest statement ever made on here. Seriously, it's stunning in its ignorance. STUNNING.
Nice try, I'm talking about being pawned in the 70's and being absolutely humiliated by the garbage Carter administration appeasing of the Soviets.

They were terrified of Ronald Raegan

ROFL Much as you try, you haven't topped yourself yet, but keep going and perhaps you shall.

You don't think having large US companies expanding into eastern Europe had any effect on our economy in the 90's? please

ROFL

patteeu
09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
He's highly intelligent, extremely well education, and has been on the national stage for several years now.

Palin has very little experience as anything other than May of a tiny little town in the middle of freaking Alaska. There's NOTHING there to establish her credentials as either highly intellignet or well versed in world affairs. No top schools. NOTHING. Why is that hard to comprehend? What this has to do with race or gender I have no idea.

Elitist!

Programmer
09-25-2008, 02:12 PM

I don't believe the answer I put up had anything to do with Palin, but I'm sure you knew that but had to hammer Palin, it's the liberal agenda.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 02:15 PM
In the arena of being President.

Are you more intelligent than Obama? You didn't answer my question.

In reality I am just as qualified as you are to be the president and we are both as qualified as Obama.

Am I more intelligent than Obama in politics? I'd venture to say that there isn't one person on this board that can claim that, but likewise I'm sure there isn't one single person here that is more intelligent than Palin on politics either.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 02:15 PM

Anyone else notice that?

That's because you can't see shit in Obama and everyone else can.

Anyone notice that?

Programmer
09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
He is? Then why is she being hidden from the media? WHy was she whisked away for a week after being nominated? Why is she sounding like a clueless moron during her rare interview opportunities?

BECAUSE SHE HAS NO CLUE.

I'd say she has more of a clue than you do.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 02:18 PM
So why do you keep supporting and voting for a party that keeps putting up candidates you don't like? Why don't you take a stand instead of falling in line?

Falling in line? Elect a real piece of shit (Obama) over someone that has more experience overall and is best qualified to get us through the next few years?

I'd vote for McCain over Obama if he were dead. Obama is dangerous, liberals just can't accept the fact their guy is already brain dead.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Nice try, I'm talking about being pawned in the 70's and being absolutely humiliated by the garbage Carter administration appeasing of the Soviets.

Other than the CIA and Gorbachev himself (both of whom disagree with you), you're precisely correct.

The fact is that their dysfunctional system failed of its own weight, and that the right-wing prediliction to give tremendous credit to Reagan isn't in line with hte facts.

But whatever makes you happy. And your "pawned in the 70s and humiliated by the garbage Carter administration" etc. is really just one and the same, not two separate matters as you suggest. There was, after all, only one Democratic President in the 70s.

Also, Carter never really "appeased" them, and started ramping up military spending the last 2 years he was in office. But again, feel free to let your fantasies rest undisturbed by facts.

You don't think having large US companies expanding into eastern Europe had any effect on our economy in the 90's? please

ROFL

I do. There were a very large number of factors that went into the 90s boom. You credited everything to precisely ONE of them.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Elitist!

Perhaps. I expect EITHER top schools or top achievements/experience in life to help one qualify for the Presidency. Preferably both. At least some reasonable amount of achievements/experience is necessary regardless of schooling.

Palin has neither.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Are you more intelligent than Obama? You didn't answer my question.

In reality I am just as qualified as you are to be the president and we are both as qualified as Obama.

ROFL ROFL

Am I more intelligent than Obama in politics? I'd venture to say that there isn't one person on this board that can claim that, but likewise I'm sure there isn't one single person here that is more intelligent than Palin on politics either.

"Better than the people that hang out at an Internet Bullet Board" is now the standard for the Presidency, or at least the Vice Presidency? How sad.

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I'd say she has more of a clue than you do.

I would certainly hope so, to be qualified for the Vice Presidency, and yet I'm not sure she does, which pretty much should automatically eliminate her.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 02:27 PM

You're a ****ing loon.

Alton deFlat
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Here's a little more of the interview.

<embed src='http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf30can10cbsnews/rcpHolderCbs-3-4x3.swf' FlashVars='link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecbsnews%2Ecom%2Fvideo%2Fwatch%2F%3Fid%3D4478156n&partner=cbssports&vert=News&autoPlayVid=false&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=hdkxamTi8l_uCAJ2ORKSzF3marEPn7Ul&name=cbsPlayer&allowScriptAccess=always&wmode=transparent&embedded=y&scale=noscale&rv=n&salign=tl' allowFullScreen='true' width='425' height='324' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed><br/><a href='http://www.cbs.com'>Watch CBS Videos Online</a>

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Other than the CIA and Gorbachev himself (both of whom disagree with you), you're precisely correct.

The fact is that their dysfunctional system failed of its own weight, and that the right-wing prediliction to give tremendous credit to Reagan isn't in line with hte facts.

But whatever makes you happy. And your "pawned in the 70s and humiliated by the garbage Carter administration" etc. is really just one and the same, not two separate matters as you suggest. There was, after all, only one Democratic President in the 70s.

Also, Carter never really "appeased" them, and started ramping up military spending the last 2 years he was in office. But again, feel free to let your fantasies rest undisturbed by facts.

I do. There were a very large number of factors that went into the 90s boom. You credited everything to precisely ONE of them.

LOL! Classic liberal bullshit. I'm quite sure you vote for blowhard Kennedy, Kerry and Barney Frank, if he's in your district of course.

You also called the big dig fantastic! are you ****ing kidding me? the ****ing tunnels are leaking!! leaking I said!

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2008, 03:52 PM

If the only qualification is that you need to be 35 years of age or older, there are millions of Americans that meet that criteria.

Is that your point?

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
LOL! Classic liberal bullshit. I'm quite sure you vote for blowhard Kennedy, Kerry and Barney Frank, if he's in your district of course.

You also called the big dig fantastic! are you ****ing kidding me? the ****ing tunnels are leaking!! leaking I said!

NY versus Boston will never end...

banyon
09-25-2008, 03:56 PM

Do you think you're more intelligent than Obama, moron? (I don't know your name so I'll have to use moron as the substitute.)

That's "areas", no apostrophe is used.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 03:58 PM
If the only qualification is that you need to be 35 years of age or older, there are millions of Americans that meet that criteria.

Is that your point?

Tom said he's as qualified as me to be President, and I don't even meet the 35 year old criteria.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 04:07 PM

ROFL

Bill, please answer this for me:

The Soviet Union proposed bilateral and complete nuclear disarmament of both countries on May 10, 1955. The United States rejected the treaty considering it "too good to be true".

Were they "terrified" of Eisenhower?

Do you really think that the Soviets were scared of Reagan? They could have turned his swiss cheese brained ass to carbon dust along with the rest of the country and both sides knew that, just as the Soviets knew they would be annihilated.

Despite the fact that the Soviets denounced a first-strike policy in the 1970's, the US never did, saying that they reserved the right to strike first if they believed that an impending strike was plausible (sound like another doctrine?).

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I noticed it. you guys are definitely going gaga over Obama. it doesn't matter who would be running for the Democrats. hell, lets get Robert Byrd out there and you'd be going gaga over him too.Yeah, that's why I voted for John Kerr-OH WAIT.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM

The Soviet Union proposed bilateral and complete nuclear disarmament of both countries on May 10, 1955. The United States rejected the treaty considering it "too good to be true".

Were they "terrified" of Eisenhower??
Distrust Hamas. and yes, of course they were terrified of Eisenhower.

Do you really think that the Soviets were scared of Reagan? They could have turned his swiss cheese brained ass to carbon dust along with the rest of the country and both sides knew that, just as the Soviets knew they would be annihilated.

Despite the fact that the Soviets denounced a first-strike policy in the 1970's, the US never did, saying that they reserved the right to strike first if they believed that an impending strike was plausible (sound like another doctrine?).

The massive increased US defense spending (which the Democrats hated! Tip O'Neil (who I'm sure Amnorix loved too) which was done in the 80's by Reagan is what made the Soviet Union collapse. they couldn't keep up with it and imploded.

Also, the Soviets never could be trusted to keep their side of the bargain in any treaty.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, that's why I voted for John Kerr-OH WAIT.

Would you today?

Adept Havelock
09-25-2008, 04:32 PM

Well, they certainly thought the Able Archer exercise in late '83 was a probable lead-in for a first strike.

The vast over-reaction and misreading of that by the USSR is one of the things that convinced that actor from California that he needed to talk to the Soviets.

The arms build-up started in '78-'79 and continued by Reagan does bear some responsibility for the collapse of the Soviet system. However, to give it sole credit does a grave disservice to history and millions of others who aided in carrying out the real instrument of the Soviet collapse...the doctrine of "Containment" put in place by Truman and Co.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Distrust Hamas. and yes, of course they were terrified of Eisenhower.

The massive increased US defense spending (which the Democrats hated! Tip O'Neil (who I'm sure Amnorix loved too) which was done in the 80's by Reagan is what made the Soviet Union collapse. they couldn't keep up with it and imploded.

Also, the Soviets never could be trusted to keep their side of the bargain in any treaty.

Oh for ****'s sake. That's just patently absurd.

Do you even have any idea how many treaties the United States has violated?

SALT I, SALT II, the ABM treaty. Do these ring a bell? How about numerous treaties in Central American countries that we invalidated?

Why is it ok for us to invalidate treaties, and why is the concept that they may violate a treaty enough of an excuse for us to violate them? Why can we be hypocrites without reproach?

Why is it ok for the US to be roundly rebuked by the World Court and the UN for its role in Nicaragua, yet we bitch incessantly about the Soviet Union doing the same thing in Afghanistan?

Reagan's spending had nothing to do with the collapse of the Soviet system. The inefficiencies of the system and the excesses and myopic nature of the politburo did that more than Reagan ever did.

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Would you today?**** yes, I would.

Meanwhile, you flaunt your GWB support like it's something to be proud of. Amazing.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 04:43 PM
**** yes, I would.

Meanwhile, you flaunt your GWB support like it's something to be proud of. Amazing.

That's absolute horseshit. I've said Bush is a dumb ****ing moron on multiple occasions. what the **** are you talking about?

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
That's absolute horseshit. I've said Bush is a dumb ****ing moron on multiple occasions. what the **** are you talking about?Did you vote for GWB?

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Did you vote for GWB?

Of course I did. I couldn't stand Kerry.

Programmer
09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
ROFL ROFL

"Better than the people that hang out at an Internet Bullet Board" is now the standard for the Presidency, or at least the Vice Presidency? How sad.

As expected you totally are phuqued up.

I suppose you feel superior to all and are qualified and should be the president? I think you'd fail worse than Jimmy Carter did, you would probably destroy what is left of the U.S.

VAChief
09-25-2008, 05:15 PM

<embed src='http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf30can10cbsnews/rcpHolderCbs-3-4x3.swf' FlashVars='link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecbsnews%2Ecom%2Fvideo%2Fwatch%2F%3Fid%3D4478156n&partner=cbssports&vert=News&autoPlayVid=false&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=hdkxamTi8l_uCAJ2ORKSzF3marEPn7Ul&name=cbsPlayer&allowScriptAccess=always&wmode=transparent&embedded=y&scale=noscale&rv=n&salign=tl' allowFullScreen='true' width='425' height='324' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed><br/><a href='http://www.cbs.com'>Watch CBS Videos Online</a>

Wow! That is a little scary. She actually believes the proximity of Alaska to the 11th time zone of Russia gives her "foreign policy experience." WTF! I thought that was blown out of proportion by the comedy shows and the obvious more liberal minded media critics.

I don't know how any one in good faith, with a modicum of intelligence could seriously say that woman is prepared to be CINC.

WilliamTheIrish
09-25-2008, 05:19 PM

No, because "it's not like it was a real piece of legislation"./garcia

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Wow! That is a little scary. She actually believes the proximity of Alaska to the 11th time zone of Russia gives her "foreign policy experience." WTF! I thought that was blown out of proportion by the comedy shows and the obvious more liberal minded media critics.

I don't know how any one in good faith, with a modicum of intelligence could seriously say that woman is prepared to be CINC.

She isn't prepared to run a ****ing laundromat..

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
wow .... she talked and talked and talked

but didn't say a dam thing :eek:

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Of course I did. I couldn't stand Kerry.Given the chance to vote again, what would you do?

banyon
09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
She isn't prepared to run a ****ing laundromat..

That's not fair, she's run one.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2824571899_cb4c258fce.jpg?v=0

Programmer
09-25-2008, 07:48 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I see that you have never been polled.

Must be the part of the country you live in. Worhtless libs one and all.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Given the chance to vote again, what would you do?

That's a good question. I might not have voted at all to be honest. I have done that once, 1988 Bush I vs Dukakis.

MahiMike
09-25-2008, 08:16 PM

This is freaking hilarious! They should make IQ test as part of the entry criteria. I'd bet that Obama's is equivalent to Mccain, Bush and Palin put together.

irishjayhawk
09-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Why didn't Couric press harder?

Couric: Sorry, Sarah, you didn't answer the *****ING question. WHAT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE DO YOU *****ING HAVE?

Programmer
09-26-2008, 06:10 AM
This is freaking hilarious! They should make IQ test as part of the entry criteria. I'd bet that Obama's is equivalent to Mccain, Bush and Palin put together.

You would lose.

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 06:24 AM

<EMBED pluginspage=http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer src=http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf30can10cbsnews/rcpHolderCbs-3-4x3.swf width=425 height=324 type=application/x-shockwave-flash FlashVars="link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecbsnews%2Ecom%2Fvideo%2Fwatch%2F%3Fid%3D4478156n&partner=cbssports&vert=News&autoPlayVid=false&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=hdkxamTi8l_uCAJ2ORKSzF3marEPn7Ul&name=cbsPlayer&allowScriptAccess=always&wmode=transparent&embedded=y&scale=noscale&rv=n&salign=tl" allowFullScreen="true"></EMBED>
Watch CBS Videos Online (http://www.cbs.com)
OMG. ROFL I can see the moon. I'm an astrophysicsist now.

penchief
09-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Why didn't Couric press harder?

Couric: Sorry, Sarah, you didn't answer the *****ING question. WHAT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE DO YOU *****ING HAVE?

Because members of the corporate media have to be careful not to step out of line and defy the agenda of it's corporate masters.

penchief
09-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Falling in line? Elect a real piece of shit (Obama) over someone that has more experience overall and is best qualified to get us through the next few years?

I'd vote for McCain over Obama if he were dead. Obama is dangerous, liberals just can't accept the fact their guy is already brain dead.

What has Obama done that shows he's a piece of shit? On the contrary, Obama is the one who has conducted himself with dignity and integrity during this campaign.

On the other hand, McCain's personal behavior throughout the course of this campaign has redefined what it means to be a piece of shit. You can't get much nastier or much more dishonest than the way McCain has behaved.

penchief
09-26-2008, 06:50 AM

Yep. And that strategy just may bankrupt us, too. Profit is God and The Military Industrial Complex is his manifestation on earth.

Since I'm not sure, maybe you can inform me. Did the Soviet Union ever renege on a treaty with the United States? I'm sure they did but I just can't remember.

Also, has the United States ever broken a treaty? Has the U.S. ever reneged on a treaty with Russia or the Soviet Union? Has the Bush Administration reneged on any treaties?

Chiefnj2
09-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Another link to Palin stammering about her foreign policy inexperience.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Play/33156/1/CBS-Palin-Russia.wmv/

"Our next door neighbors are foreign countries." Wow.