PDA

View Full Version : What does Jesus offer that makes your life a real life?

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Some dumbass xtian youth group is meeting at Starbucks. They're sitting in a huddle right in front of me and annoying the shit out of me with their godtalk, but their "leader" just offered an interesting question.

Personally I always enjoyed the desserts served after church in my youth. I'd like to thank jesus for delicious brownies and whatnot. Praise jesus!

Bwana
09-24-2008, 08:09 PM
:spock:

chop
09-24-2008, 08:10 PM
You are the most offensive person to post on this site.

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:11 PM
LOL

Now they are talking about Bruce Almighty.

Simply Red
09-24-2008, 08:11 PM
You are the most offensive person to post on this site.

yeah, I agree, when it comes to religion, simmer-down, Clayton, seriously...

Simply Red
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
LOL

Get a damned job, AL!

sedated
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
he (and government tax breaks) creates beautifully decorated and fragile churches for me and my friends to vandalize when we are piss drunk at 4am. Praise jesus.

banyon
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I can understand the hostility. I mean God has kept you in that basement and prevented you from getting laid.

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
LOL

"he's got this love for me that's just insane!"

Sure-Oz
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
LOL

Was that your right hand talking to you again?

Deberg_1990
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
LOL

How come God hasnt brought you a job yet?

Sure-Oz
09-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Better question...Have you even applied for a job?

sedated
09-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Better question...Have you even applied for a job?

the lord will provide

Nightfyre
09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I can understand the hostility. I mean God has kept you in that basement and prevented you from getting laid.

The rest of society thanks him for that.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
LMAO Grabbing my popcorn.

Nightfyre
09-24-2008, 08:25 PM

I has no popcorns! Share!:cuss:

Simply Red
09-24-2008, 08:25 PM
:popcorn:

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
LOL

Now they're sharing prayer requests.

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM

I got 8 mins left on my battery. Sorry. God's will.

NOW THEY'RE PRAYING

banyon
09-24-2008, 08:27 PM
LOL

Now they're sharing prayer requests.

You should ask them to include you.

Mr. Flopnuts
I got 8 mins left on my battery. Sorry. God's will.

NOW THEY'RE PRAYING

LMAO I almost choked on my popcorn.

Count Alex's Wins
GOD I PRAY FOR THE CAR SHOW THAT'S GOING ON THIS WEEKEND

He really said that. No shit.

COME ON GOD! CAR SHOW MAGIC!

Braincase
09-24-2008, 08:29 PM
It's a free country. Feel free to put in your earbuds and play some Clay Aiken.

Count Alex's Wins
GOD IS STRIKING MY LAPTOP DEAD!

It's a sign!

88TG88
You should ask them to include you.

He does work miracles.

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I can't wait to read this thread tomorrow at Starbucks. Ciao!

Count Alex's Wins
09-24-2008, 08:32 PM
One of them just bumped my laptop. TOUCHED BY GOD!

FAX
09-24-2008, 08:35 PM
After years of study in spiritualism, biblical historicity, apologetics, Christian philosophy, and Judeo-Christian mysticism, I have come to the conclusion that Jesus was a whole heck of a lot smarter than most dumbasses give him credit for.

FAX

HypnotizedMonkey
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I totally ripped off Jesus' long hair style.. thanks Jee.

On a lighter note.. last week I prayed that Tyler Thigpen would not get any playing time... and the next day I hear he's starting... so thanks for dropping the ball on that one big J.

Little Bigfoot
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Just try to love your neighbor or at least tolerate them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Rain Man
09-24-2008, 08:57 PM
After years of study in spiritualism, biblical historicity, apologetics, Christian philosophy, and Judeo-Christian mysticism, I have come to the conclusion that Jesus was a whole heck of a lot smarter than most dumbasses give him credit for.

FAX

I dunno. I'm 45 years old, and so far I've managed to avoid having a bunch of people nailing me to stuff.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Booooo to this thread being moved.

HOORAY JESUS!!!!

http://missanthropy.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/buddy_christ.jpg

J Diddy
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I dunno. I'm 45 years old, and so far I've managed to avoid having a bunch of people nailing me to stuff.

It's cause your wirey

Rain Man
09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
It's cause your wirey

I think it's because I don't go looking for trouble. If Jesus was on this message board, you know he'd be getting neg-repped all the time. Every thread he started would get moved to DC.

Rain Man
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
You figure he'd get really annoying in game threads, too. "They're going to run here. Up the middle." And he'd always be right.

Well, okay, that's a bad example. But you know what I mean.

Silock
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
You figure he'd get really annoying in game threads, too. "They're going to run here. Up the middle." And he'd always be right.

Well, okay, that's a bad example. But you know what I mean.

LOL

bango
09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Jesus offers me hope and peace. He can help me to save myself from myself. It is not for everyone. Why do you think that Obama was able to come out of nowhere? He is offering hope. People are searching.

BucEyedPea
09-24-2008, 10:59 PM
He turned water into wine. I await the second coming for this reason. :);)

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Eternal happiness as opposed to Eternal torment.

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I asked Jesus to take the wheel and I ended up paying $320 for a new bumper.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
I asked Jesus to take the wheel and I ended up paying $320 for a new bumper.

The morale of the story is....never let a drunk illegal alien have control of your car, unless of course it's at gunpoint!

sorry couldn't resist. ;)

Mr. Kotter
09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
I think it's because I don't go looking for trouble. If Jesus was on this message board, you know he'd be getting neg-repped all the time. Every thread he started would get moved to DC.

Wow. :spock:

I'm a lot like Jesus. :(

Rain Man
09-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Y'know, the only reason he got to be the messiah is because his dad was God. It's no better than Elway getting to be quarterback because his dad was the coach. I hate nepotism.

Rain Man
09-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow. :spock:

I'm a lot like Jesus. :(

I've always thought that.

Thig Lyfe
09-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Jesus offers me wheat at way too high a price!

He's the worst Pit player ever.

Mr. Kotter
09-25-2008, 12:32 AM
I've always thought that.

If you really believed, you'd tithe me 10% or your income for the next year.

And drink grape wine, and eat nasty Krackas..in remembrance of me.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2008, 01:56 AM

I can turn beer into urine.

Is that close enough?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 02:20 AM
I can turn beer into urine.

Is that close enough?

There have been times when I've turned liquor into Tang....well, 'tang, to be specific.

gblowfish
09-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Jesus is Ranking Full Stop!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1iUU6jTqB6k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1iUU6jTqB6k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
09-25-2008, 09:00 AM

I can turn water into Natty Light I'm like a 2nd rate college Jesus.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-25-2008, 09:30 AM
LMAO This thread should be in the Hall.

Molitoth
09-25-2008, 09:33 AM

haha mecca

Brock
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM

you go to college?

Saulbadguy
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM
I like public prayer groups. Always entertainment to listen in.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2008, 10:29 AM
UNCONVERTED CHRISTIANS

By Coach Dave Daubenmire
September 18, 2008
NewsWithViews.com

Would you die for your faith? I’m serious, would you die for Jesus?

That is a pretty chilling thought I have to admit, but I think it says a lot about one’s commitment to Christ. Many say they would be willing to lay down their life, but I’m not sure they really mean it. Where the rubber meets the road and we are actually confronted with a life and death situation for our faith would we be found faithful…even unto death?

I hope I am never faced with that decision and I pray that I would be worthy of the test, but I don’t think any of us can really know until we are faced with the reality of that choice. Deny Jesus and live or confess Him and die. How would you respond?

Just this past weekend I took part in a prayer and fasting vigil with some strong Christian men and this topic seemed to somehow ooze to the surface. With all of the anti-Christian bigotry emanating from the culture today it does not seem too far off in the future where great persecution may come to the American-Christian. The criminalization of Christian thought, speech, and action does not seem to be too far out on the horizon and the men at the gathering began to discuss whether or not we would be up to the task.

In more specific terms the question was, what would you die for? Every man there felt that he would be willing to lay down his life for Jesus but admitted that the proof would be in the pudding. No one knows until faced with that decision.

As we sat around the flickering campfire I used a flashlight to locate a verse in my Bible that had troubled me for some time.

Luke 22:31-32 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”

Whoa…..Peter, who had been one of the Lord’s closest disciples, was NOT CONVERTED. For three years he had been part of Jesus’ team, one of his confidants, a follower of the Lord, yet somehow Jesus knew that this loud mouthed blow-hard was more bark than bite.

You see, there is a difference between being a follower of Jesus and being a convert. It is my contention that today, just like in Jesus’ day; there are plenty of followers and very few converts.

Just what is a convert? To convert is “to change in character”, “To transform by conversion.” A follower is “a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal.” After three years of watching Jesus, Peter was a follower. He admired Jesus, he imitated him, and he modeled his ideals, but Peter had never been converted. He had never been transformed to a point where there was a change in his character. He had never reached the point where he “loved not his life even unto death.” He had a head-change, but not a heart-change.

And Jesus saw right through him. He knew that Peter was going to be used mightily in the days ahead but that his level of “commitment” was not deep enough. Oh, Peter had “accepted Christ” as so many have done today, but he had never had a corresponding inner-change. As Peter was about to find out it is hard for the Lord to use someone who has not been deeply wounded.

But Peter didn’t understand. Jesus had just warned him that there was some trouble ahead but Peter responded “Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.” As Paul Harvey would say, we know the rest of the story.

How about you? Are you a follower or a convert?

Early Sunday morning I began to study further what I felt the Spirit was showing me. “Okay Lord, if Peter wasn’t converted before the crucifixion when was he converted? He was one of the three disciples that you handpicked to pray with you in the garden. Even after you had warned him that he was about to be sifted you still invited him to the garden. You chastised him for sleeping while he should have been praying. He had promised you that he was ‘ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death’. But he clearly was not. Lord, when was Peter converted?”

If you follow the crucifixion story you will find that shortly after Jesus was arrested all the disciples deserted him. (Matt 26:56), Yet Peter, who was about to deny him, “followed him from afar” (58) to watch the action, sat outside the palace waiting for the verdict (69) where he proceeds to deny three times that he knew the Lord. Mathew 26 ends with these words, “And he went out and wept bitterly. In my opinion this represents the conversion of Peter.

Have you wept bitterly over your denial of the Lord? Are you brokenhearted over the calloused condition of your heart? Have you repented of your cold-heartedness towards the unrepentant sin masquerading as Christianity? Are you, as Paul alleged “ashamed of the Gospel? Do you deny Him before men?

As we sat around the campfire my friend Pastor Bill said, “You know, we are really all frauds. We all claim to love the Lord and claim to live by his standards, yet our actions speak volumes. Evil is running unopposed in our communities and we don’t lift a hand to fight it. We retreat inside our churches and hide from the Devil rather than taking our faith to the streets and confronting him. Let’s face it fellas, in so many ways we are no different than Peter.

“And when thou art converted...”

Are you a convert or a mere follower?

So there we sat around the campfire pondering the words that pastor Bill had just challenged us with. It is so easy to be a follower of Jesus….and so hard to be a convert.

What is the purpose of your Christianity? Was the purpose of Christ’s death and resurrection merely to purchase you a get-out-of-hell-free card? Did he suffer and die merely to give you a better life? If push comes to shove are you ready to lay down your life for Jesus? When He told us that greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends, was he referring only to HIS death and HIS friends?

End-time eschatology is all of the rage. Churches love to study the signs of the times and many are convinced that the imminent return of Jesus is at the door. It has caused a plaque of apathy in the church. To fight evil, is to fight against the Lord. God has it all under control. He has not appointed us unto wrath.

Failure to speak against sin is a denial of Jesus no less than the denial by Peter.

Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Ez.3:17

Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Ps. 94:16.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Gal. 2:20

How about you? Are you willing to be hated for Him? Are you ready to be persecuted for Him?
Are you prepared to die for Him?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Daubenmire/dave128.htm

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
UNCONVERTED CHRISTIANS

By Coach Dave Daubenmire
September 18, 2008
NewsWithViews.c

and Clown in with the buzz kill

Redrum_69
09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Claythan ...have you ever read the bible?

completely?

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I figured this thread would be moved. Now to peruse it's golden crop of dumbassery!

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 01:04 PM

I laughed out loud at the Peter North thing. I bet that dude can tell some stories.

"Yeah, so like one time, I shot my load and we had to take the chick to the hospital. Turns out she has really sensitive sinuses. So yeah, basically my penis is a lethal weapon. I can kill."

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I like public prayer groups. Always entertainment to listen in.

I was sitting there smirking and grinning every 30 seconds. It was hilarious watching these dudes who obviously didn't have a clue about the bible try to connect spiritually. The "leader" was trying to get them all involved and they all sat there looking dumb like they were thinking "DERRRRRRRRRRRR JESUS."

Bunch of poseurs. I bet all of them have been laid. PREMARITAL SEX IS A SIN, BOYS!

bango
09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
UNCONVERTED CHRISTIANS

By Coach Dave Daubenmire
September 18, 2008
NewsWithViews.com

Would you die for your faith? I’m serious, would you die for Jesus?

That is a pretty chilling thought I have to admit, but I think it says a lot about one’s commitment to Christ. Many say they would be willing to lay down their life, but I’m not sure they really mean it. Where the rubber meets the road and we are actually confronted with a life and death situation for our faith would we be found faithful…even unto death?

I hope I am never faced with that decision and I pray that I would be worthy of the test, but I don’t think any of us can really know until we are faced with the reality of that choice. Deny Jesus and live or confess Him and die. How would you respond?

Just this past weekend I took part in a prayer and fasting vigil with some strong Christian men and this topic seemed to somehow ooze to the surface. With all of the anti-Christian bigotry emanating from the culture today it does not seem too far off in the future where great persecution may come to the American-Christian. The criminalization of Christian thought, speech, and action does not seem to be too far out on the horizon and the men at the gathering began to discuss whether or not we would be up to the task.

In more specific terms the question was, what would you die for? Every man there felt that he would be willing to lay down his life for Jesus but admitted that the proof would be in the pudding. No one knows until faced with that decision.

As we sat around the flickering campfire I used a flashlight to locate a verse in my Bible that had troubled me for some time.

Luke 22:31-32 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”

Whoa…..Peter, who had been one of the Lord’s closest disciples, was NOT CONVERTED. For three years he had been part of Jesus’ team, one of his confidants, a follower of the Lord, yet somehow Jesus knew that this loud mouthed blow-hard was more bark than bite.

You see, there is a difference between being a follower of Jesus and being a convert. It is my contention that today, just like in Jesus’ day; there are plenty of followers and very few converts.

Just what is a convert? To convert is “to change in character”, “To transform by conversion.” A follower is “a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal.” After three years of watching Jesus, Peter was a follower. He admired Jesus, he imitated him, and he modeled his ideals, but Peter had never been converted. He had never been transformed to a point where there was a change in his character. He had never reached the point where he “loved not his life even unto death.” He had a head-change, but not a heart-change.

And Jesus saw right through him. He knew that Peter was going to be used mightily in the days ahead but that his level of “commitment” was not deep enough. Oh, Peter had “accepted Christ” as so many have done today, but he had never had a corresponding inner-change. As Peter was about to find out it is hard for the Lord to use someone who has not been deeply wounded.

But Peter didn’t understand. Jesus had just warned him that there was some trouble ahead but Peter responded “Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.” As Paul Harvey would say, we know the rest of the story.

How about you? Are you a follower or a convert?

Early Sunday morning I began to study further what I felt the Spirit was showing me. “Okay Lord, if Peter wasn’t converted before the crucifixion when was he converted? He was one of the three disciples that you handpicked to pray with you in the garden. Even after you had warned him that he was about to be sifted you still invited him to the garden. You chastised him for sleeping while he should have been praying. He had promised you that he was ‘ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death’. But he clearly was not. Lord, when was Peter converted?”

If you follow the crucifixion story you will find that shortly after Jesus was arrested all the disciples deserted him. (Matt 26:56), Yet Peter, who was about to deny him, “followed him from afar” (58) to watch the action, sat outside the palace waiting for the verdict (69) where he proceeds to deny three times that he knew the Lord. Mathew 26 ends with these words, “And he went out and wept bitterly. In my opinion this represents the conversion of Peter.

Have you wept bitterly over your denial of the Lord? Are you brokenhearted over the calloused condition of your heart? Have you repented of your cold-heartedness towards the unrepentant sin masquerading as Christianity? Are you, as Paul alleged “ashamed of the Gospel? Do you deny Him before men?

As we sat around the campfire my friend Pastor Bill said, “You know, we are really all frauds. We all claim to love the Lord and claim to live by his standards, yet our actions speak volumes. Evil is running unopposed in our communities and we don’t lift a hand to fight it. We retreat inside our churches and hide from the Devil rather than taking our faith to the streets and confronting him. Let’s face it fellas, in so many ways we are no different than Peter.

“And when thou art converted...”

Are you a convert or a mere follower?

So there we sat around the campfire pondering the words that pastor Bill had just challenged us with. It is so easy to be a follower of Jesus….and so hard to be a convert.

What is the purpose of your Christianity? Was the purpose of Christ’s death and resurrection merely to purchase you a get-out-of-hell-free card? Did he suffer and die merely to give you a better life? If push comes to shove are you ready to lay down your life for Jesus? When He told us that greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends, was he referring only to HIS death and HIS friends?

End-time eschatology is all of the rage. Churches love to study the signs of the times and many are convinced that the imminent return of Jesus is at the door. It has caused a plaque of apathy in the church. To fight evil, is to fight against the Lord. God has it all under control. He has not appointed us unto wrath.

Failure to speak against sin is a denial of Jesus no less than the denial by Peter.

Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Ez.3:17

Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Ps. 94:16.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Gal. 2:20

How about you? Are you willing to be hated for Him? Are you ready to be persecuted for Him?
Are you prepared to die for Him?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Daubenmire/dave128.htm

I have to say that I think that God wants people to live for him. I do not think that God wants one to die for him. If Christianity did ever become illegal I feel that I would have to honor the law. I may be making too much of the entire give to Ceaser what is his and to God what is God's. I still feel that statement is about more than taxes and tithing. It may be somewhat about preserving myself. I do feel that God would understand. I also have trouble believing that it would become illegal in America. It is legal in China.

luv
09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Next time, go to redtube.com and turn your volume up.

bango
09-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I was sitting there smirking and grinning every 30 seconds. It was hilarious watching these dudes who obviously didn't have a clue about the bible try to connect spiritually. The "leader" was trying to get them all involved and they all sat there looking dumb like they were thinking "DERRRRRRRRRRRR JESUS."

Bunch of poseurs. I bet all of them have been laid. PREMARITAL SEX IS A SIN, BOYS!

I do not pray in public. I do not feel that is the place to do so. If I was going to go to a prayer meeting it would be at a Church or at a Christian's House. I feel that some of them do it for attention and to feel special. Others are misguided and may not know any better. Prayer is serious and should not be made into a specticle. It is kind of funny that comments are made about how Christians are to be acting. That is one of the main problems in the world. Christians are people still. I know that some feel that is open to debate, but it is true. They are human and make mistakes. I would have to say that if a Christian is holier than thou they do set themselves up and do ruin things for others. I do not have any right to tell anyone how they should live their life. I can only do that for myself. As far as sex goes I probably would have it if I was dating someone right now. I would not do it unless I cared about her, loved her, had dated her for a while, or planned on marrying her. It is up to them. It always has. I was also not aware that the bible stated that it was a sin. I am guessing that religous people have said it and people from churches have said it, but I did not know that it was in there.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I have to say that I think that God wants people to live for him. I do not think that God wants one to die for him. If Christianity did ever become illegal I feel that I would have to honor the law. I may be making too much of the entire give to Ceaser what is his and to God what is God's. I still feel that statement is about more than taxes and tithing. It may be somewhat about preserving myself. I do feel that God would understand. I also have trouble believing that it would become illegal in America. It is legal in China.

sure it's legal in China just like it's legal here to abstain from paying taxes. ;)

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
If Christianity did ever become illegal I feel that I would have to honor the law.

That's a horrible thing to say. Great people have fought against far more 'just' laws than the total banishment of their religious beliefs.

bango
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
That's a horrible thing to say. Great people have fought against far more 'just' laws than the total banishment of their religious beliefs.

I am going to have to ask you to explain why what I said was horrible?

bango
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
sure it's legal in China just like it's legal here to abstain from paying taxes. ;)

I have heard that about taxes.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 06:03 PM
http://asset.soup.io/asset/0021/6391_7f62_500.jpeg

:evil:

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
I am going to have to ask you to explain why what I said was horrible?

Sure. What you said was that if Christianity were made illegal, as in made a crime to practice, you would no longer practice it. You have a right to your religious beliefs. This is a right that throughout history has only been taken away by the most oppressive of tyrants. And most people in those situations still stood up for their beliefs, even at the risk of losing their life, mainly because they saw something more important.

Not standing up against unjust law and oppression (and making Christianity would be just that) is a sign of cowardice. You may have your life, but you have no dignity.

bango
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM

Well when you put it like that...

bango
09-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Sure. What you said was that if Christianity were made illegal, as in made a crime to practice, you would no longer practice it. You have a right to your religious beliefs. This is a right that throughout history has only been taken away by the most oppressive of tyrants. And most people in those situations still stood up for their beliefs, even at the risk of losing their life, mainly because they saw something more important.

Not standing up against unjust law and oppression (and making Christianity would be just that) is a sign of cowardice. You may have your life, but you have no dignity.

You are more than welcome to your opinion. I am welcome to mine. I said it before that I feel that it is misguided to feel that God wants you to die for him. He wants you to live for him. That is how I feel about it. I can still practice what should be a personal and private more or less anyways. If the Feds were to outlaw it then you have to obey the law. You can call me or say what I have said is whatever you want. That is your right.

bango
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM

It forgot about the part where the the superbeing created his own enemy knowing that he would try to do just so that humans could have free choice.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 06:19 PM
It forgot about the part where the the superbeing created his own enemy knowing that he would try to do just so that humans could have free choice.

:fire:

http://richardathome.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/epicurus-quote.jpg

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
You are more than welcome to your opinion. I am welcome to mine. I said it before that I feel that it is misguided to feel that God wants you to die for him. He wants you to live for him. That is how I feel about it. I can still practice what should be a personal and private more or less anyways. If the Feds were to outlaw it then you have to obey the law. You can call me or say what I have said is whatever you want. That is your right.

Your opinion is drastically misguided. On a Christian theological level, and on a secular, democratic level, this view is absurd.

Also, you don't have to hide the fact that you are Christian. It's not something you feel should only be relegated to a tiny corner of your basement, or your mind.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Your opinion is drastically misguided. On a Christian theological level, and on a secular, democratic level, this view is absurd.

Also, you don't have to hide the fact that you are Christian. It's not something you feel should only be relegated to a tiny corner of your basement, or your mind.

According to your interpretation of Christian dogma. "Witnessing" need not be universal across denominations and sects of Xtianity.

bango
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Perhaps I should refrain from using the word misguided to describe people that can be admired. I am sorry if you do not agree with how I feel. I know that Christians should not have to hide how who they are. Part of this could be seeing way too many of this group take it too far in my eyes. I feel that the few always ruin things for the many in almost all situations. I feel that too many people calling themselves Christian are misguided. They could ruin it for everyone. I just do not feel like having to pay their price. Just read if you have not some of the comments made in this thread pertaining to Christians. Many have brought this upon us. I can not fault them for feeling the way that they do. Part of it was feeling that way myself for years.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Some dumbass xtian youth group is meeting at Starbucks. They're sitting in a huddle right in front of me and annoying the shit out of me with their godtalk, but their "leader" just offered an interesting question.

Personally I always enjoyed the desserts served after church in my youth. I'd like to thank jesus for delicious brownies and whatnot. Praise jesus!

You hang out in Starbucks?

Dave Lane
09-25-2008, 06:49 PM
LOL

Got agree with you Bruce almighty does make more sense than the bible by a moonshot!

Dave

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
You know, I might go camp out next Wednesday night just to watch the show again. And update this thread.

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Cosmic Jewish Zombie is a great name for a rock band.

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I doubt there is such a thing as camping in Texas. At least if there is, relative to mountain-man camping it's probably a joke.

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 07:28 PM
You hang out in Starbucks?

Mah internets have been down for about a week. It's back up now.

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 07:29 PM
So was that chick a fatty or what, you never told us the end of the story.

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
LOL

LOL! Now that is funny. A bunch of ****in church nerds talking about Bruce Almighty.... ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 07:32 PM
It was just one of them. It was his best answer to a god-related question. Clearly he's got a few piety points to go before he levels up righteously.

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 10:28 PM
According to your interpretation of Christian dogma. "Witnessing" need not be universal across denominations and sects of Xtianity.

I'm not asking anyone to preach on the corner.

Once someone says they would give up their practice of faith, doesn't matter if they are Muslim, Jewish, or Buddhist, once there is a law against it, then I should at least do the favor of introducing them to civil disobedience and fighting for just causes and standing up for one's beliefs.

bango
09-25-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm not asking anyone to preach on the corner.

Once someone says they would give up their practice of faith, doesn't matter if they are Muslim, Jewish, or Buddhist, once there is a law against it, then I should at least do the favor of introducing them to civil disobedience and fighting for just causes and standing up for one's beliefs.

I never said that I would give up my faith or practicing it. I said that I would honor the law of the country that I lived in.

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I never said that I would give up my faith or practicing it. I said that I would honor the law of the country that I lived in.

What was the hypothetical law we were discussing?

bango
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
What was the hypothetical law we were discussing?

Yes. If Christianity was outlawed in the U.S.

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes. If Christianity was outlawed in the U.S.

Okay. And how would you honor that law? Would you not have to give up praticing and believing in Christianity?

Taco John
09-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Occasionally someone comes along and makes me really happy to be me. Thanks Hamas

bango
09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Okay. And how would you honor that law? Would you not have to give up praticing and believing in Christianity?

They can not make it so that I would no longer believe. They can make it so that I only practice it in my house and more than likely alone. I would guess that all of the churches would be closed.