PDA

View Full Version : Elections God I came across some dumbass people today

Mecca
09-25-2008, 03:08 AM
So I came across people that said they refuse to vote for Obama and these were the reasons they gave....

I don't want a black man in office, He's a racist, and he's a muslim.

Why are people so completely retarded?

ClevelandBronco
09-25-2008, 03:14 AM
And why does People magazine have such a large subscription base?

Mecca
09-25-2008, 03:15 AM
I don't care if someone isn't voting for him just don't stand there and tell me that I shouldn't because he's racist against white people.

ClevelandBronco
09-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Were they offended or threatened in some way that you are going to vote for him?

Mecca
09-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Were they offended or threatened in some way that you are going to vote for him?

They acted like it, they acted as though I shouldn't be voting for him because I'm white.

Ari Chi3fs
09-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Dude, you should see some of the idiotic emails that my mom forwards me. Im able to counter with a snopes page nearly every time.

ClevelandBronco
09-25-2008, 03:19 AM
They acted like it, they acted as though I shouldn't be voting for him because I'm white.

Then stay away from those people if you don't think you can change their attitudes. They sound kind of poisonous.

Mecca
09-25-2008, 03:28 AM
Dude, you should see some of the idiotic emails that my mom forwards me. Im able to counter with a snopes page nearly every time.

Are they the ones about Obama being a Muslim?

ClevelandBronco
09-25-2008, 03:32 AM
I know that although I won't vote for the good Senator from Illinois, I pray that if he becomes our president that he's the best president imaginable. We need that badly right about now.

Mecca
09-25-2008, 03:35 AM
If people don't wanna vote for him that's fine but I'm really tired of the racial overtones people have about it, or that he's a Muslim or racist. I've had some people say things like that, that I thought were somewhat intelligent, guess they fooled me.

The worst is the people who believe the stupid circulating emails.

ClevelandBronco
09-25-2008, 03:42 AM
If people don't wanna vote for him that's fine but I'm really tired of the racial overtones people have about it, or that he's a Muslim or racist. I've had some people say things like that, that I thought were somewhat intelligent, guess they fooled me.

Well, a good rule of thumb is never to believe anything you read in a forwarded e-mail.

I've seen more racism charged against voters who won't consider voting for Sen. Obama than I've seen charged against the Senator himself.

Maybe I just have a better e-mail filter and more liberal friends and relatives than you do...

Guru
09-25-2008, 04:25 AM
So I came across people that said they refuse to vote for Obama and these were the reasons they gave....

:shake:That is sad.

Friendo
09-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Are they the ones about Obama being a Muslim?

that or Microsoft wants to pay them a million bucks :rolleyes:

Programmer
09-25-2008, 05:24 AM

Unfortunately there are more people with that attitude than you would ever know. That is the main reason that he will not be elected. There are a large percentage (30% if I remember the report) of democrats that said they would never vote for a black man.

If you really want a black man in office you need to pimp Powell, he is exceptionally intelligent and has more experience than anyone that was in the race from the beginning, either party.

I won't vote for Obama because he is not qualified to hold the office IMO.

Warrior5
09-25-2008, 06:28 AM

Those people are, truly, ignorant dumbasses.

StcChief
09-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Unfortunately there are more people with that attitude than you would ever know. That is the main reason that he will not be elected. There are a large percentage (30% if I remember the report) of democrats that said they would never vote for a black man.

If you really want a black man in office you need to pimp Powell, he is exceptionally intelligent and has more experience than anyone that was in the race from the beginning, either party.

QFT. The libs with rose coloured glasses don't get it, things really have changed all that much since 1960. despite the laws passed... the ability and continual play "the race card" by Jackson/Sharpton/etc doesn't help their cause.

Bill Cosby told the black community to take responsibilty and he now isn't real popular with them.....

Until the get off the doal, and really lift themselves up and do what it takes run their own lives, they will always be looked down upon...
Unfortunately. they have kept it that way all by themselves.

The few figure-heads in media, politics isn't really enough. When as a whole the populate the major of prison, crime etc.

Iowanian
09-25-2008, 08:09 AM

Was this at work or a cyber-chat while you played PSIII online?

Donger
09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
That is truly tragic.

RJ
09-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Well, a good rule of thumb is never to believe anything you read in a forwarded e-mail.

I've seen more racism charged against voters who won't consider voting for Sen. Obama than I've seen charged against the Senator himself.

Maybe I just have a better e-mail filter and more liberal friends and relatives than you do...

That's really weird cause I have never, ever received even one email like that. As far as I knew they didn't even exist.

*Edit* - I have liberal friends and family and I have conservative friends and family. Why is it that only the conservatives send me political emails? And how do I get on the mailing list for the libs? And are the liberal political emails as moronic as the conservative ones?

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't care if someone isn't voting for him just don't stand there and tell me that I shouldn't because he's racist against white people.

Well he does break down Americans into 17 different groups and "white" people aren't among them. Sounds like exclusion to me. So why would he include all those other groups defined by race and not "white" people?

patteeu
09-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I was sure this thread was going to be about an Obama rally.

RJ
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Well he does break down Americans into 17 different groups and "white" people aren't among them. Sounds like exclusion to me. So why would he include all those other groups defined by race and not "white" people?

Is that for real or did you read it in an email?

Iowanian
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Of Course Mecca should vote for Obama. You're his target audience.

RINGLEADER
09-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Those are stupid reasons. There are plenty of good reasons to not want him in office.

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Is that for real or did you read it in an email?

I read it on his site 30 days ago with my own eyes under his civil rights section.

RJ
09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I read it on his site 30 days ago with my own eyes under his civil rights section.

Well by golly, I'm gonna read that and see if I fit in anywhere. Thanks.

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Those are bad reasons, stupid reasons. But as Tom mentioned, it is what it is. There is alot of Americans still this way. Sad, but true .........

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Well by golly, I'm gonna read that and see if I fit in anywhere. Thanks.

I just looked at he's taken it down. I do notice under his issues section he includes women and not men. When will these "leaders" stop this crap. I also just read that he'll expand hate crime legislation. The crime is the crime. Murder is murder. Stealing is stealing. He also wants to expand the "War on Drugs".

RJ
09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
I just looked at he's taken it down. I do notice under his issues section he includes women and not men. When will these "leaders" stop this crap. I also just read that he'll expand hate crime legislation. The crime is the crime. Murder is murder. Stealing is stealing. He also wants to expand the "War on Drugs".

Thanks, I'll stop looking.

When you say expand War on Drugs do you mean where he says "Expand Use of Drug Courts"? Just wondering, cause they're not the same thing and I don't see anything specifically mentioning War on Drugs.

Hog Farmer
09-25-2008, 10:11 AM

Maybe, just maybe, these people ARE smarter than you!

Amnorix
09-25-2008, 10:16 AM
QFT. The libs with rose coloured glasses don't get it, things really have changed all that much since 1960. despite the laws passed... the ability and continual play "the race card" by Jackson/Sharpton/etc doesn't help their cause.

Bill Cosby told the black community to take responsibilty and he now isn't real popular with them.....

Until the get off the doal, and really lift themselves up and do what it takes run their own lives, they will always be looked down upon...
Unfortunately. they have kept it that way all by themselves.

The few figure-heads in media, politics isn't really enough. When as a whole the populate the major of prison, crime etc.

So all blacks are disqualified because (at least in your view) many or a majority of them fit within your comments?

RJ
09-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Why not? Smart people can be just as racist as dumb people. Perhaps they are Brilliant Bigots.

Frankie
09-25-2008, 10:22 AM

http://mlkdesign.online.fr/misc/kirupa/ugly.jpg

"I'd never watch a Gene Hackman movie. 'cause he's so damn ugly."

Dallas Chief
09-25-2008, 11:31 AM

I agree. It is disappointing to hear that this still continues. Sounds like my grandad (RIP), he just couldn't get around the race thing.

If BHO had some more years under his belt at the national or executive level, I might actually consider voting for the guy. Too green and too idealistic for me right now. 2012 might be a different story though. This country does need to make a change but I am afraid that his prescription wont cure our disease. IMHO- BHO will toe the party line, no different than what we have right now in that respect. Change is just a slogan. We'll change from one sham artist to another

The problem lies within the people's representatives being the same old partisan guard year after year. More concerned about preserving and wielding power than preserving and wielding the will of the people. Friggin shame really.

Chief Henry
09-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Their is NO maybe about it.

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Why are people so completely retarded?I heard several conversations like that on a recent trip back to SE KS. They wouldn't vote for him because he's black and a Muslim.

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Their is NO maybe about it.Thread over. ROFL

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks, I'll stop looking.

When you say expand War on Drugs do you mean where he says "Expand Use of Drug Courts"? Just wondering, cause they're not the same thing and I don't see anything specifically mentioning War on Drugs.
You are correct. I read it wrong.