PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Florida Congressman: Palin 'Don't Care Too Much What They Do With Jews and Blacks'

Donger
09-25-2008, 09:44 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/florida-congres.html

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: Florida Democratic Congressman Alcee Hastings pointed to Sarah Palin on Wednesday to rally Jews to Obama.

"If Sarah Palin isnít enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose donít care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

Hastings, who is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, made his comments in Washington, D.C., while participating in a panel discussion sponsored by the National Jewish Democratic Council.

Asked what the congressman meant, Hastings spokesman David Goldenberg told ABC News that he was trying to argue that Palin is an "extremely conservative woman who is out of touch with mainstream America."

After saying that Palin "don't care too much" about Jews and blacks, Hastings argued that African Americans and Jews should come together behind Obama because there are many issues on which they agree.

"Just like Jews, blacks care about affordable health care, energy independence, and the separation of church and state," said Hastings. "And just like blacks, Jews care about equal pay for equal work, investment in alternative energy, and a woman's right to choose."

Asked about the Hastings criticism, Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella said, "Weíre taking a pass."

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Poor teddy.

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 09:47 AM
I picture this guy as a racist, why would he be scared of her ? She hasn't done anything to him or the jews, the blacks, the latinos........ what is his beef ?

Oh, I know, a radical liberal ......... How do people like this get elected ?

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2008, 09:54 AM

Says the right wing radical who hides in sheep's clothing and pretends to be 'fair and balanced'.

RaiderH8r
09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Alcee's a corrupt douchebag. If his constituents ever held him accountable for the shit he pulled he'd be hocking used cars and cleaning shit off of windshields. Unless Alcee's offering his opinion on how to not get away with corruption as a sitting federal judge his insights are useless.

Alcee's positon: Hunters are racist anti-semites.

Wow Alcee. Just f'n wow.

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Says the right wing radical who hides in sheep's clothing and pretends to be 'fair and balanced'.

I am far from radical ........ you know nothing of what you speak about.

But That's O kaaayyyy, just keep living that dream.

Silock
09-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Black people CAN'T be racist . . . . . . . . /sarcasm

DaKCMan AP
09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I am far from radical ........ you know nothing of what you speak about.

But That's O kaaayyyy, just keep living that dream.

ROFL

All you do is tow the company line, despite the fact that you don't understand it.

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 11:41 AM
ROFL

All you do is tow the company line, despite the fact that you don't understand it.

Surrrreeeeee thing ..... which company, I represent 4 in my office . :D

How often do you Obots need programming ? You run on duracell or energizers ?

Gee, did you vote for the Florida congressman ?

Chief Henry
09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
If their was ever a RACIST statement, Congressman Alcee Hatings just said it. Its too bad the OBOTS can't see past Barry's dick that is in they're hands.

StcChief
09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I picture this guy as a racist, why would he be scared of her ? She hasn't done anything to him or the jews, the blacks, the latinos........ what is his beef ?

Look at the gerry mandered 23rd district... 52 minority Black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida%27s_23rd_congressional_district

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I think Palin cares about blacks. Her witchcraft pastor was black.

RaiderH8r
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Obama hates white people.

tiptap
09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Look at the gerry mandered 23rd district... 52 minority Black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida%27s_23rd_congressional_district

But it was gerrrymandered by Republicans in order to get two for one congressional seats.

tiptap
09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
As far as his statements it was bad politics. It was meant to play on the backwoods bias and it didn't work. I don't think it is racial bias. It is Backwoods bias and additionally painting Palin as Backwoods. It doesn't work. Even for Retired Jews.

Dick Bull
09-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Obama hates white people.

I hate dumb people.

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Hastings , that's quality entertainment right there, don't matter who you are .

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Any means to an end.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Any means to an end.

Coming from the guy who said any white person who votes for Obama is an idiot.

You have zero room to talk.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Coming from the guy who said any white person who votes for Obama is an idiot.

You have zero room to talk.

Let me put it this way. Anyone who would vote for anybody who wants to legalize discrimination against them is an idiot.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Let me put it this way. Anyone who would vote for anybody who wants to legalize discrimination against them is an idiot.

So who could a gay white person vote for without being an idiot in your mind?

SBK
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I wonder if jettio is going to come along and call this moron a racist?

Calcountry
09-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Surrrreeeeee thing ..... which company, I represent 4 in my office . :D

How often do you Obots need programming ? You run on duracell or energizers ?

Gee, did you vote for the Florida congressman ?Leave him alone, he is from the UofFlorida, home of National Champions.

Calcountry
09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I hate dumb people.I hate Jeremiah Wrights hate.

no no no no, not God bless America, God #### America.

I bet JW is happy right now, his prayers have been answered.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
So who could a gay white person vote for without being an idiot in your mind?

That is quite a dilemma you have there. :hmmm:

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
That is quite a dilemma you have there. :hmmm:

I wanted a serious answer, not a joke.

Now provide the serious answer.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I wanted a serious answer, not a joke.

Now provide the serious answer.

You sure are demanding these days.

I guess you will have to decide what's most important to you.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Stupid, stupid comment.

I'm beginning to think that neither party wants to win the election.

vailpass
09-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Good, Hastings is doing McCains work for him. It is incidents such as this that the silent majority sees and hears and will take with them to the voting booth.

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes, and Obama is going to take all of your guns and deliver retribution to the white race.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Good, Hastings is doing McCains work for him. It is incidents such as this that the silent majority sees and hears and will take with them to the voting booth.

What's this silent majority I keep hearing about?

The Republicans have lost the popular vote 3 of the last 4 elections. Are you aware of that?

redbrian
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Hastings better watch out or he is going to get a visit from one of Brother Farrakhans hinchmen to beat the truth into him.......the jew is the oppressor of the blackman....

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, and Obama is going to take all of your guns and deliver retribution to the white race.

The one constant that keeps appearing in this forum is right here. Not to pick on the great nutless one cause BOT's are all doing it.

Obama has spent many years and millions promoting the end of civilian ownership of firearms. He is also for AA. These are facts no matter how much you try to make fun of them.

There is no basis or facts behind anything being promoted here. Very inaccurate comparisons.

vailpass
09-25-2008, 04:27 PM

The Republicans have lost the popular vote 3 of the last 4 elections. Are you aware of that?

Kid you were proably 8 or 9 years old 4 elections ago, those of us that were participants don't need to hear what you read about in a book.

Donger
09-25-2008, 04:33 PM

What part of "silent" don't you understand?

Ultra Peanut
09-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Obama has spent many years and millions promoting the end of civilian ownership of firearms. He is also for AA. These are facts no matter how much you try to make fun of them.The fact that you equate "reasonable gun control" with "take away all of our guns" and affirmative action with "retribution on the white race" pretty much says it all.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 04:51 PM
The fact that you equate "reasonable gun control" with "take away all of our guns" and affirmative action with "retribution on the white race" pretty much says it all.

When on the board of the Joyce Foundation for 8 years they spent millions trying to eliminate all civilian ownership of firearms. FACT

His voting record:

Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

He is also for a 500% increase in taxation on firearms and ammunition. He is a HUGE anti-gun guy. by far the most anti-gun guy in the history of our country running for the POTUS. FACT

AA is legalized racism, period. When performance takes a back seat to a racially based reward system there is just no other way to put it. Who will be the biggest vicitm in this, whites. FACT

You have nothing to stand on here. Comparing that this jew/black thing is just your own fallacy. You are full of those though so don't let me stop you.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Kid you were proably 8 or 9 years old 4 elections ago, those of us that were participants don't need to hear what you read about in a book.

Who's won the popular vote 3 of the last 4 elections?

What part of "silent" don't you understand?

If failpass meant that they were silent because they don't vote, I don't know why he'd be talking about those people rising up. The 'Irrelevant Majority' would probably be more accurate in that case.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
[url]"If Sarah Palin isnít enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose donít care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

Makes sense to me.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Makes sense to me.

ROFL

Really?

I think this was an asinine comment but I can't figure out what the hell he's trying to say.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Really?

No, I was kidding. It's an insane thing to say.

WilliamTheIrish
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
BD, the Joyce foundation can spend money like water, but they ain't going to stop the private ownership of firearms.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
BD, the Joyce foundation can spend money like water, but they ain't going to stop the private ownership of firearms.

Point being that he spent much of his life trying to eliminate all firearm posession by civilians. No matter what he is saying now that's what he is and he will not be behind the 2nd amendment as POTUS.

To be fair I think the same holds true for McCain. He has always been a big government guy and to pretend to now be a small government guy now is as ridiculous as Obama now claiming to be behind the 2nd amendment.