PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Bill Clinton Lavishes Praise on McCain

BigCatDaddy
09-25-2008, 03:21 PM
(CNN) – Bill Clinton has long pointed out he has enjoyed a good relationship with John McCain, but for a moment the former president almost sounded like a surrogate for the Republican presidential nominee Thursday morning.

Appearing on ABC's Good Morning America, Clinton said McCain's move to suspend his campaign and request a delay in the first presidential debate was a move done in "good faith," rather than as a stunt to halt falling poll numbers as several Democrats have alleged.

"I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted — I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that," Clinton said, sounding a familiar McCain Campaign talking point.

A few hours later Clinton lavished praise on McCain as he introduced him at the Clinton Global Initiative forum, saying Republican presidential nominee had taken the lead in his party when it comes to climate change.

"When most people in his party were thinking that global warming was overstated and maybe even a myth — he decided to look into it," he said.

The former president also described the two trips that McCain took with his wife Hillary Clinton, “the junior senator from New York," to look into the issue.

But Clinton has also been effusive in his praise for Obama in recent days, telling CBS earlier this week the Illinois senator is better-suited than McCain to bring the country out of the economic crisis.

Clinton's praise of McCain also came days after he told CNN's Larry King Live he was looking forward to campaigning on behalf of Barack Obama, but was not planning on "dumping" on McCain.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Apparently he hasn't discovered the fact that McCain is a coward and a little twerp. He needs to hang out here more.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when the Republicans were so in love with the Clintons.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Never thought I'd see the day when the Republicans were so in love with the Clintons.

Who are you referring to?

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Republicans.

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2008, 03:34 PM
McCain is a good guy. Obama is too. Both want what they think is best for our country.

bsp4444
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
This is the way that politics should work, stump for your guy without trying to destroy the other guy.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Republicans.

This article came from the communist news network. I don't know any Republicans who are in love with the Clintons

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Oh hush Bill, Obots will have no hear of this data .........

StcChief
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
nothing like it Bill.... Hillary will re-run in 2012.

|Zach|
09-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh hush Bill, Obots will have no hear of this data .........

What? This sentence doesn't make sense.

DaFace
09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Good for him. I wish politicians would just speak their minds truthfully rather than half-lying all the time in order to protect the interests of their party.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
ROFL

normally everytime a Clinton speaks they are the devil incarnate

now they are a job reference

Zomg LMAO

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
ROFL

normally everytime a Clinton speaks they are the devil incarnate

now they are a job reference

Zomg LMAO

For the 2nd time it is a CNN article.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Why are you dense? We're talking about the person posting the article, not the source of it.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 05:50 PM

being posted by a conservative as some kind of positive about his candidate.

this isn't about THE article as much as it's about conservatives using both Clintons has a political tool after YEARS and YEARS of saying they were teh debbil.

ROFL

i wonder if McCain will die now like the republicans aways say everyone dies that deals with the Clintons? :)

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Why are you dense? We're talking about the person posting the article, not the source of it.

hush ... he's trying to defend the GOP

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Actually I find it refreshing to see people being honest about the opposing candidate for once. I think both candidates are not bad people I just think both of them want to go in a direction I don't agree with.

BIG_DADDY
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM

Why is it that everyone tries to push anyone who doesn'thold the party line to the right of them. I have said on many occasions I don't like McCain but it keeps getting ignored. For the record I will not be voting for either of these candidates.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Why is it that everyone tries to push anyone who doesn'thold the party line to the right of them. I have said on many occasions I don't like McCain but it keeps getting ignored. For the record I will not be voting for either of these candidates.
maybe because there is a distinct difference in the level at which you "don't like McCain" or "don't like Obama"

you're ready to break out an machine guy and kill someone when you talk about anything liberal-ish.

you shrug and say "meh, don't really like republicans" oh-hum when you talk about conservatives.

it's like the Grand Canyon of differences :)

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
maybe because there is a distinct difference in the level at which you "don't like McCain" or "don't like Obama"

you're ready to break out an machine guy and kill someone when you talk about anything liberal-ish.

you shrug and say "meh, don't really like republicans" oh-hum when you talk about conservatives.

it's like the Grand Canyon of differences :)

That probably has more to do with this forum than where I am on the political spectrum. There are so many libbies that are left of Stalin in here it makes it hard to walk the line.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
That probably has more to do with this forum than where I am on the political spectrum. There are so many libbies that are left of Stalin in here it makes it hard to walk the line.

ROFL

gblowfish
09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
The Republicans should start impeachment proceeding against Clinton immediately.

RJ
09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, there you have it. Bill Clinton didn't trash McCain. That must mean.....well, what does it mean?

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 11:55 AM
ROFL

I rest my case

jidar
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Why are you dense?

heheh.. um... actually....
LMAO

jidar
09-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I rest my case

I would like for the jury to know that the accuser is racist against pit bulls. If the glove don't fit you must acquit.