PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Palin/Couric round 2

Friendo
09-25-2008, 04:56 PM
foreign policy----ding: hope she's got a good cut-man

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Seriously. Seriously.

<embed src='http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf30can10cbsnews/rcpHolderCbs-3-4x3.swf' FlashVars='link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecbsnews%2Ecom%2Fvideo%2Fwatch%2F%3Fid%3D4478156n&partner=cbssports&vert=News&autoPlayVid=false&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=hdkxamTi8l_uCAJ2ORKSzF3marEPn7Ul&name=cbsPlayer&allowScriptAccess=always&wmode=transparent&embedded=y&scale=noscale&rv=n&salign=tl' allowFullScreen='true' width='425' height='324' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed><br/><a href='http://www.cbs.com'>Watch CBS Videos Online</a>

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

Jenson71
09-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I...I...I can just swim over there, ya know? Just take a little dip and hey, I'm in Russia.

Friendo
09-25-2008, 05:16 PM
I swear to God that I thought she was going to just pass it off as an overblown joke-that's what I thought it was.

and the press is "out to get her" :rolleyes:

VAChief
09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Pathetic. I felt a little sorry for her in the other part of the interview. She has no one to blame but herself for that little gem. She should have laughed it off, shown some humor and moved on.

PRIEST
09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I can see McCain old crusty hands shaking as he pours America another glass of kool aid She will make a fine VP:eek:

Taco John
09-25-2008, 05:21 PM
She is unprepared to talk to the press, let alone lead a nation.

Friendo
09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
anybody recall that e-mail someone posted a few weeks back from one of her fellow Alaskans that told the "real story" about Trig? The note seemed fairly balanced after the initial burst, but the gist of it was they knew she wasn't in any way prepared for the bigger stage.

BO's press conference right now is pretty good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Hate to break this to you, Madam Dumbass, but the Russians aren't going to give you a 6 hour head start by flying over Alaska to high priority targets. They are going to go over the North Pole...which is one of the reasons why we have that thing called the Distant Early Warning Line/North Warning System.

God, how can someone be this stupid?

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Hate to break this to you, Madam Dumbass, but the Russians aren't going to give you a 6 hour head start by flying over Alaska to high priority targets. They are going to go over the North Pole...which is one of the reasons why we have that thing called the Distant Early Warning Line.

God, how can someone be this stupid?

WE CAN'T ALLOW A MINE-SHAFT GAP!

Friendo
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
"Katie Barracuda" ROFL

SNR
09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
I feel sorry for Palin. The entire country is going to think she's stupid. How would you like that if you woke up one day and everybody in the country thought you sucked?

I know she did this to herself, but man... talk about overstepping. It's a shame she can't back out now, because I'm sure that's what she's thinking.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Our next door neighbors involve foreign policy experience because they are our neighbors.

We send those out?

You don't send those out, dumbass, NORAD does.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I feel sorry for Palin. The entire country is going to think she's stupid. How would you like that if you woke up one day and everybody in the country thought you sucked?

I know she did this to herself, but man... talk about overstepping. It's a shame she can't back out now, because I'm sure that's what she's thinking.

don't worry, there's always Alaska ....

and the moose. LMAO

the Talking Can
09-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Seriously. Seriously.

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

that can't be real

that has to be the Onion

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
that can't be real

that has to be the Onion

he has the video to prove it .... watch for yourself

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM

I have no compassion for her because she shows none for the country by possibly submitting them to the contemptuous nature that would be her as Chief Executive.

I see no reason to feel sorry for someone whose reckless ambition got them in the pickle they currently reside in.

It's like asking me to feel sorry for the CEO of Lehman Brothers. Sorry, but go **** yourself (CEO, that is).

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 06:00 PM
I have no compassion for her because she shows none for the country by possibly submitting them to the contemptuous nature that would be her as Chief Executive.

I see no reason to feel sorry for someone whose reckless ambition got them in the pickle they currently reside in.

It's like asking me to feel sorry for the CEO of Lehman Brothers. Sorry, but go **** yourself (CEO, that is).

**** = Kill? Discuss.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 06:02 PM
**** = Kill? Discuss.

It could...

Trust me, I've thought about saying that many times in regards to her idiotic fumblings, but given the already contentious nature of this forum, I figure I'd let her say it herself.

SNR
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
don't worry, there's always Alaska ....

and the moose. LMAODo you mean THE moose, or moose as in plural moose? Because I don't know who THE moose is. Is there a moose?

One more reason why the plural of moose should be changed to mooses... or meese.

SNR
09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
It could...

Trust me, I've thought about saying that many times in regards to her idiotic fumblings, but given the already contentious nature of this forum, I figure I'd let her say it herself.The way she boxes herself in during these interviews, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Couric's not being tough on her at all, but Palin's flailing answers make Couric look like a friggin inquisitor.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Do you mean THE moose, or moose as in plural moose? Because I don't know who THE moose is. Is there a moose?

One more reason why the plural of moose should be changed to mooses... or meese.
well this one will never forget her

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2647/palincaribouhuntof1.jpg

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
well this one will never forget her

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2647/palincaribouhuntof1.jpg

That's not a moose. Also why is she not wearing hunter's orange. Do they not require that in AK?

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
That's not a moose. Also why is she not wearing hunter's orange. Do they not require that in AK?

it's the very rare Carimoose :)

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
it's the very rare Carimoose :)

I should very much like to see a herd of carimeese. Cause I KNOW they didn't **** that up TWICE.

chiefforlife
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
I am afraid if Palin keeps doing interviews, she will gain all of the sympathy votes. Even I feel sorry for her.
SNL cant even make this stuff up, wow.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I am afraid if Palin keeps doing interviews, she will gain all of the sympathy votes. Even I feel sorry for her.
SNL cant even make this stuff up, wow.

you mean some voters will actually vote for someone to be the vice president of the United States out of pity?

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 06:45 PM
you mean some voters will actually vote for someone to be the vice president of the United States out of pity?

I thought the same thing when I read it.

Feeling sorry for her is almost understandable, but voting for her out of pity is condemnable.

Adept Havelock
09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Pity Palin? Not a chance.

Do you mean THE moose, or moose as in plural moose? Because I don't know who THE moose is. Is there a moose?

Just the moosiest moose we know! Marty Moose!

Mecca
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM

They better not.....I don't care how sorry someone feels for you don't vote for someone that is incompetent.

Of course this will probably play to the dumbshit voters who think she's being attacked or think she's like them or well both.

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
For the record, I don't feel sorry for her because she got herself into this.

But I could see how someone might possibly feel sorry for her, not because she is being "attacked", because she is in WAY over her head and it's a highly embarrassing situation.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 06:56 PM
For the record, I don't feel sorry for her because she got herself into this.

But I could see how someone might possibly feel sorry for her, not because she is being "attacked", because she is in WAY over her head and it's a highly embarrassing situation.

and so they will vote for her and make the situation a million times worse by actually putting her in an office that she has absolutely no clue about?

yikes!

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 06:58 PM
and so they will vote for her and make the situation a million times worse by actually putting her in an office that she has absolutely no clue about?

yikes!

Some probably will and if they did, I'd almost be tempted to say they should have their voting rights revoked.

Mr. Laz
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Some probably will and if they did, I'd almost be tempted to say they should have their voting rights revoked.
i am not a McCain hater ... he's ok

but how can anyone vote Sarah Palin into the office of the vice presidency?

kcfanintitanhell
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM

Not to mention procreating...

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 07:01 PM
If she was smart and really wanted higher office like this, she would have finished out her term as Governer and then become a Senator for a few terms to gain more experience.

At any rate, I hate her politics, so could really give a rats ass what she does after this as long as she doesn't become Prez if McCain is elected and then kicks the bucket :)

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Not to mention procreating...

I wouldn't go that far.

RJ
09-25-2008, 07:08 PM
WE CAN'T ALLOW A MINE-SHAFT GAP!

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

At least someone here is cultured.

MahiMike
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Couric: You stated that you have experience dealing with confrontations. Explain.

Palin: Well, at one of my son's soccer games I intervened between 2 of the moms!

Uncle_Ted
09-25-2008, 07:27 PM
This is who the Republicans want to be one heartbeat away from the presidency?

Someone is out of their fu**ing mind ... :rolleyes:

The best reaction I've heard so far: "She makes Bush sound like Cicero"

RJ
09-25-2008, 08:34 PM
That was terribly brutal.

On a positive note. my FIL, a diehard republican, watched this interview and is now on the fence.

I'm sure she's a nice lady and a fine small town mayor but right now she is way out of her league.

She is being used and I feel sorry for her.....a little bit.

Logical
09-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I can see McCain old crusty hands shaking as he pours America another glass of kool aid She will make a fine VP:eek:

I know I would be embarrassed if I had selected someone so ill suited for the job.

Logical
09-25-2008, 10:08 PM

I know she did this to herself, but man... talk about overstepping. It's a shame she can't back out now, because I'm sure that's what she's thinking.The really sad thing is so far no interview has featured a truly tough person to do the questioning. Imagine if somehow she were to end up in front of Chris Matthews.

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I wonder why the Amorphus Blob hasn't been commenting on these Palin interviews???

Logical
09-25-2008, 10:13 PM
They better not.....I don't care how sorry someone feels for you don't vote for someone that is incompetent.

Of course this will probably play to the dumbshit voters who think she's being attacked or think she's like them or well both.I really hope (a silly notion) that no American so ill-prepared would have accepted the VP offer.:shake:

Logical
09-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I wonder why the Amorphus Blob hasn't been commenting on these Palin interviews???I don't think even she could defend this, it is so bad. I believe she is smart enough to stay away. Give recxjake credit he has been smart enough to stay away.

Cannibal
09-25-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't thing even she could defend this, it is so bad. I believe she is smart enough to stay away. Give recxjake credit he has been smart enough to stay away.

Trust me she could find a way. It would be completely batsh!t crazy insane off the mark. But she could try.

Logical
09-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Trust me she could find a way. It would be completely batsh!t crazy insane off the mark. But she could try.
You are probably right. But I don't believe she posted in the other Couric Palin thread.

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh Sarah ........ :shake: No words, no comments, I got nothing right now, I think I need to look something up and get back to ya on it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Wow. Did anyone else think of that girl from South Carolina who was talking about the Iraq and kids needing to learn to read when listening to Palin talk?

ROYC75
09-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm kinda like Egon when he saw Mr Stay Puff from on top of the building looking down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_loG8AQKtY

jAZ
09-26-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm kinda like Egon when he saw Mr Stay Puff from on top of the building looking down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_loG8AQKtY

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_loG8AQKtY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_loG8AQKtY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

VAChief
09-26-2008, 05:05 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-onthemedia26-2008sep26,0,3542588.story

This article summed it up pretty well this morning.

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 06:29 AM
You guys see the you tube video of her church blessing her to protect her from witchcraft?

L.A. Chieffan
09-26-2008, 09:25 AM
You guys see the you tube video of her church blessing her to protect her from witchcraft?

It's a smart political move. She's going for the Salem Witch-Burning demographic. Very big.

Frankie
09-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Have you noticed how the "Thenks, but no thenks" smirk is replaced with a nervous "deer in the headlight" facial expression in this interview? Hey McCain voters.... THE EMPRESS HAS NO CLOTHES!

SNR
09-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Have you noticed how the "Thenks, but no thenks" smirk is replaced with a nervous "deer in the headlight" facial expression in this interview? Hey McCain voters.... THE EMPRESS HAS NO CLOTHES!Really? :drool:

RJ
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
The really sad thing is so far no interview has featured a truly tough person to do the questioning. Imagine if somehow she were to end up in front of Chris Matthews.

That would be really funny in an unfunny sort of way.

RJ
09-26-2008, 10:49 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-onthemedia26-2008sep26,0,3542588.story

This article summed it up pretty well this morning.

WTF?????

" . . . where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

gblowfish
09-26-2008, 10:52 AM

I'd have to get in a big argument with her....
because make up sex is GREAT!

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I really hope (a silly notion) that no American so ill-prepared would have accepted the VP offer.:shake:

For my own not humble self -- and to quiet the many rumors -- I must say that if nominated, I will not run, and if elected, I will not serve.

I'm Amnorix, and I have approved this message.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I can't get over the Russians flying in our airspace thing.

Direckshun
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
What's really sad is that she might have been a halfway decent option in 2012 for a Republican Party trying to redefine itself.

She's basically burnt all that up.

Logical
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Anybody seen the YouTube on this part of the interview. I have not been able to find the entire 2nd interview.

Baby Lee
09-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Moosen!! There were moosen in the woodesen.

Uncle_Ted
09-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Anybody seen the YouTube on this part of the interview. I have not been able to find the entire 2nd interview.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WALIARHHLII&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WALIARHHLII&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Logical
09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I found it, the whole interview is below:

Warning some answers may be too graphic for Republicans:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxaeA3FqDq8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Logical
09-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Uncle Ted that was pretty funny. Nice.:clap: