PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV True Blood

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Great Expectations
06-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Also, someone said that Jason was going to become a fall guy. I can see it. Did you see how happy they were when he nearly killed Sarah when she played the vampire? They want revenge on whoever killed Steve's father.

That would also explain why they were playing capture the flag football style and were so happy with the athletic ability of Jason and the TE.

LaChapelle
06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Everytime they show Sookie's brother I see W. If they make another Bush movie get that actor.

luv
06-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Everytime they show Sookie's brother I see W. If they make another Bush movie get that actor.

I hate the fact that they're making him into someone religious, but damn that boy is hot.

luv
06-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I know there are haters out there, but I don't think this show ill ever be able to disappoint me.

Bowser
06-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Sunday's episode wasn't that great compared to the first two. I was actually disappointed that they didn't make LaFayette a vampire. Guess it could still happen, with Eric stalking him and all. Plus, I really wanted Jason to bang the preacher's wife. She needs to be nekkid.

Fruit Ninja
06-30-2009, 11:13 PM
I thought Sundays' episode was one of the better ones. lol

Tribal Warfare
06-30-2009, 11:53 PM
If they make another Bush movie get that actor.

the cocaine chronicles

Bowser
07-01-2009, 12:09 AM
I thought Sundays' episode was one of the better ones. lol

Eh, I was still into it. Maybe just because the first two were just that much better?

And what the hell with Daphne at the end? Looks like that minotaur thing took a chunk out of her back, as well...

Fruit Ninja
07-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Eh, I was still into it. Maybe just because the first two were just that much better?

And what the hell with Daphne at the end? Looks like that minotaur thing took a chunk out of her back, as well...

I like that new vampire chick. I liked it that she's learning to have emotion like her maker. I know people like to see nothing but evil and blood and all that stuff, but there is enough of that with that Eric dude and his buddies. Nice to see something on the good side a little.

I know nothing about the Books, so this is all new to me.

LaChapelle
07-01-2009, 05:25 AM

Since her and the monster showed up at the same time, I assumed they are one and the same. Since monsters are made and not born, like vampires, warewolves, childmolesters, ect.

Everyone seems to be something they're not.

PhillyChiefFan
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
I like that new vampire chick. I liked it that she's learning to have emotion like her maker. I know people like to see nothing but evil and blood and all that stuff, but there is enough of that with that Eric dude and his buddies. Nice to see something on the good side a little.

I know nothing about the Books, so this is all new to me.

Yea, she is turning into a good character.

PhillyChiefFan
07-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Since her and the monster showed up at the same time, I assumed they are one and the same. Since monsters are made and not born, like vampires, warewolves, childmolesters, ect.

Everyone seems to be something they're not.

yea but she has the scratches on her back like Sookie does now, so maybe she is under the control of him/it??

Fish
07-01-2009, 08:22 AM
yea but she has the scratches on her back like Sookie does now, so maybe she is under the control of him/it??

Bingo

Except I think it's "her/it".......

Fish
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm really loving this season. Jessica is a very very cool addition. I'm totally rooting for her whether she's "good" or "evil". And she's waaay hot.

Eric has me intrigued as well. I think he's going to play a big part this season, and not necessarily a bad guy part..

Eggs still has me confused. I have no idea what to think about him, but there's something strange up with him.

Maryann is going to start tearing shit up soon. I love the buildup they're doing with her.

KcMizzou
07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Big spoiler.... but I'm pretty sure I've figured out what Maryann is....

She's a Maenad.

In Greek mythology, Maenads were the female followers of Dionysus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus), the most significant members of the Thiasus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiasus), the retinue of Dionysus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". Often the maenads were portrayed as inspired by him into a state of ecstatic frenzy, through a combination of dancing and drunken intoxication. In this state, they would lose all self control, begin shouting excitedly, engage in uncontrolled sexual behavior, and ritualistically hunt down and tear animals (and sometimes men and children) to pieces, devouring the raw flesh.

A maenad is a creature that requires offerings (or tributes) from other supernatural creatures who serve alcohol. If they’re not properly honored they tend to get angry and cause madness in people (supernatural and human) or even kill them.

Bacchus was the god of the grape, of course, so bars are very interesting to maenads. In fact, so interesting that they don’t like other creatures of darkness becoming involved. Maenads believe that the violence sparked by the consumption of alcohol belongs to them; that’s what they feed off, now that no one formally worships their god. And they are attracted to pride.”

Sam was obviously frightened by her, and giving her the money was a "tribute" to her. But she tells him that's not what she wants... so something else is going on there. I think she's affecting Sam a little bit already... He's getting moody. I think she may be slowly driving him mad. She feeds off the madness basically.

There were several pictures of maenads around Maryann's house. Including the huge one that Sookie and boytoy were looking at across the pool. If I remember correctly, it was this pic, which is Pan and a maenad...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8195/0282990564.jpgBumped for Vonnie.

okcchief
07-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I thought the first season was very good TV, not great.

This season has been fantastic so far and has the potential to be great.

I think Eric getting more screen time and the inclusion of Mary Ann has put it over the top.

As strange as it seems, I think the main character is my least favorite.

Dick Bull
07-02-2009, 04:26 AM

I think Eric getting more screen time and the inclusion of Mary Ann has put it over the top.

Who do you consider the main character?

LaChapelle
07-02-2009, 06:29 AM
Sookie's plaid shorts are going to the Smithsonian.

PhillyChiefFan
07-02-2009, 06:39 AM

Not really strange at all, my fiance loves the show but can't stand sookie and bill.

Eric is becoming my favorite character. I think he's the kind that commands respect but doesn't abuse it. Like when he 'asked' Bill's permission to take Sookie to Dallas, when he could have just done it with/without it.

crazycoffey
07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm all caught up, after being gone the last week 1/2. I guess there wasn't a new episode on the 5th?

LaChapelle
07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Eric's going to bump off Bill. Him and Sookie are going fuck like minks.

Valiant
07-07-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm all caught up, after being gone the last week 1/2. I guess there wasn't a new episode on the 5th?

No idea.. I was pissed when my dvr showed me the same episode from a week ago..

Fish
07-07-2009, 05:28 PM
They skipped last week. They were running all 3 season 2 eps back to back instead of a new episode. Should be another new one this weekend...

okcchief
07-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Who do you consider the main character?

Sookie

She's not horrible but probably my least favorite character. Not really a bad thing since there are so many strong characters in the cast.

Great Expectations
07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/2009-07-09-true-blood_N.htm

Bowser
07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Anybody catch the last episode? I thought it was the best so far this season....

BWillie
07-17-2009, 01:54 AM
I thought Lafayette was going to be a vamp. Guess not. If Sookie ever turns into a vampire I'm going to quit watching this show. I hope Sam stakes Bill by the end of the series, but alas, that will never happen. I like Sam, nobody likes him. He's a nice guy, and you can even play fetch with him. Can't beat that

Tribal Warfare
07-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Anybody catch the last episode? I thought it was the best so far this season....

check the thread starter links if you missed the show

Bowser
07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, that was....graphic.....

okcchief
07-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Well, that was....graphic.....

NO SHIT!

Great episode though.

Bowser
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
NO SHIT!

Great episode though.

Yeah, that was pretty good. They seem to be getting better as the season moves forward.....

And I KNEW Daphne was too good to be true....

Bowser
07-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Should have know that they would work an orgy into this show, lol.

Miles
07-26-2009, 11:29 PM
That finally picked up quite a bit.

BWillie
07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Bill Compton is a heathen. I knew it.

luv
07-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow. Just caught this week's episode.

Fish
07-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah... this show is really going places this season.

I'm more confused than ever about Eggs. Is he a good guy? He's so innocent...

Maryann is going to be a serious pain in the ass. She's getting more evil each episode.

WTF is up with Lafayette? What's his deal?

I'm not sure who's hotter.. Jessica or Mrs. Newlin. They both need to get naked already.

Bill is becoming more and more complex. There's a lot we don't know about him.

What happens when Sookie and Jason meet up in the church? I'm guessing Jason rescues her.? Whatever it is, it's gonna be complicated...

Jessica is an interesting character, in addition to her sassy bratty hotness. That actress is the shit.

SPATCH
07-28-2009, 09:04 PM
this week's episode was definitely a "holy fuck" episode... my brother and I were freaking out by the end...

lotta shit going on right now.... BLOOD ORGY!!!1!11111!! lolz

luv
07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah... this show is really going places this season.

I'm more confused than ever about Eggs. Is he a good guy? He's so innocent...

Maryann is going to be a serious pain in the ass. She's getting more evil each episode.

WTF is up with Lafayette? What's his deal?

I'm not sure who's hotter.. Jessica or Mrs. Newlin. They both need to get naked already.

Bill is becoming more and more complex. There's a lot we don't know about him.

What happens when Sookie and Jason meet up in the church? I'm guessing Jason rescues her.? Whatever it is, it's gonna be complicated...

Jessica is an interesting character, in addition to her sassy bratty hotness. That actress is the shit.

Lafayette was locked up and tortured by vampires for nearly three weeks. I think that could damage the psyche a tad.

Fish
07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
True Blood's official website has a really good breakdown of each episode. If you missed any, or didn't understand WTF happened, the episode rundowns are very informative. It includes the video previews(Previously on True Blood).

Just hover over the Episodes link from the menu along the bottom and select what episode you'd like to look at.

Season 1 (http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/season1/index.html)

Season 2 (http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/season2/)

KcMizzou
07-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Lafayette was locked up and tortured by vampires for nearly three weeks. I think that could damage the psyche a tad.Terry (I think that's his name... the 'nam vet guy) recognized it. Shell shock... post traumatic stress. That's why he ran Andy out of there and comforted Lafayette like he did. He could relate.

luv
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Terry (I think that's his name... the 'nam vet guy) recognized it. Shell shock... post traumatic stress. That's why he ran Andy out of there and comforted Lafayette like he did. He could relate.

Yep.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Dumb question: Is this show good?

I mean really, good?

Thanks in advance!

BWillie
07-29-2009, 01:05 AM
this week's episode was definitely a "holy ****" episode... my brother and I were freaking out by the end...

lotta shit going on right now.... BLOOD ORGY!!!1!11111!! lolz

I really, really hated that scene. I don't get down with the bloody gory orgy deal. Sickening scene.

Tribal Warfare
07-29-2009, 07:24 AM

I mean really, good?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's the type of show that has a cliffhanger scene at the end everytime.

luv
07-29-2009, 07:41 AM

I mean really, good?

Thanks in advance!

I can't decide if you're mocking us, or if you're really wondering. I think it is, but opinions differ. You wanna know? You should check it out sometime.

Fish
07-29-2009, 10:44 AM

I mean really, good?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's the best show on TV right now.

I find it incredibly unique. The little known actors and actresses were selected very well, and really make it work on screen. The writing is pretty darn good. Alan Ball created it, who worked on Six Feet Under. And it has the same fascination with death that Six Feet Under had. Just about all the different story lines keep me very interested, and they tie them together well. I'm a big fan of the paranormal and this show doesn't disappoint in that regard. And they throw in plenty of mythology along with the paranormal. Somehow it all just works. It's pretty intense, very gory at times, humorous, and erotic.

I highly recommend it.

kaplin42
07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Only thing I dislike is Sooki. YES PAQUIN IS EASY ON THE EYES. But her character is a dumb twunt that i want to see just get falcon punched.

Other than that, the show is pretty good.

crazycoffey
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I just like seeing boobies...

Demonpenz
07-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't think dane would like it. Hope he watches it. I find it hokey and really really over the top gory in a teenager type of way. I like some mystery and good camera work and shit not like piles and piles of blood for no apperent reason exept for shock factor. Atleast in kill bill they find a way to make it funny it just has too much uhh gross for me, but if you like it that is cool.

keg in kc
07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know that dane would get into it either. I watch the show and know the books but I don't know that I'd call either one 'good'. Maybe 'good for what they are', which is mainstream light fare. It is entertaining and can drag you in, but it's not the sopranos.

luv
07-30-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't think dane would like it. Hope he watches it. I find it hokey and really really over the top gory in a teenager type of way. I like some mystery and good camera work and shit not like piles and piles of blood for no apperent reason exept for shock factor. Atleast in kill bill they find a way to make it funny it just has too much uhh gross for me, but if you like it that is cool.

I don't think it's overly gory. I don't like blood and guts type stuff, and this show doesn't give me that vibe at all.

luv
07-30-2009, 03:24 PM

I find it incredibly unique. The little known actors and actresses were selected very well, and really make it work on screen. The writing is pretty darn good. Alan Ball created it, who worked on Six Feet Under. And it has the same fascination with death that Six Feet Under had. Just about all the different story lines keep me very interested, and they tie them together well. I'm a big fan of the paranormal and this show doesn't disappoint in that regard. And they throw in plenty of mythology along with the paranormal. Somehow it all just works. It's pretty intense, very gory at times, humorous, and erotic.

I highly recommend it.

When I first started watching it, and I saw the documentary and commentary on it, I thought it was going to simply be a vampire show. The first season was definitely focused on that, with the exception of Sam at the end. This season, it seems to be a free for all on all sorts of stuff. Normally, it would be too much, but it is all tied together nicely. All the story lines are intertwined.

Demonpenz
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't know that dane would get into it either. I watch the show and know the books but I don't know that I'd call either one 'good'. Maybe 'good for what they are', which is mainstream light fare. It is entertaining and can drag you in, but it's not the sopranos.

some of the dialoge is retarded, not like retarded as I don't like it, like I seriously had to figure out of one of the characters was purposely talking like a retard

CoMoChief
07-30-2009, 03:52 PM
This show along with Twilight is fucking gayer than 10,000 buckets of veiny purple headed cock.

keg in kc
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
When I first started watching it, and I saw the documentary and commentary on it, I thought it was going to simply be a vampire show. The first season was definitely focused on that, with the exception of Sam at the end. This season, it seems to be a free for all on all sorts of stuff. Normally, it would be too much, but it is all tied together nicely. All the story lines are intertwined.They're following the books fairly closely, with some notable exceptions. Tara is not a main character (or black) in the books, Lafayette dies at the beginning of book 2 (actually he's the body found in Andy's car), Jessica (to the best of my recollection) is not in the books at all, Maryann's the maenad instead of Callisto, Eric hasn't been as linked to Sookie as in the novels (yet), and most of Jason Stackhouse's storyline to this point doesn't exist in the books. Although he should have a somewhat larger role later on.

And they've barely scratched the surface of the kind of supernatural stuff that the books touch on, but as is the case with the tv series, it's something that's gradually unveiled.

keg in kc
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
This show along with Twilight is ****ing gayer than 10,000 buckets of veiny purple headed cock.If that's the case, it's telling that you've come into the thread to contribute. Looking for a little hot gay vampire action are you?

CoMoChief
07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
If that's the case, it's telling that you've come into the thread to contribute. Looking for a little hot gay vampire action are you?

Nope, but as I can tell there are a select few on CP that do.

Demonpenz
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
This show along with Twilight is fucking gayer than 10,000 buckets of veiny purple headed cock.

LMAO good post

LaChapelle
07-30-2009, 04:46 PM
They need to not cake so much makeup on the vamp's faces. It wasn't like that at first when we didn't know who was and who wasn't a vampire. The preacher's wife does little for me sexually. Like Sookie said -vanilla pudding.

I'm picking out things wrong, that's not a good sign for me. edit: the blood fuck was a bit much for me. gross

BWillie
07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
They're following the books fairly closely, with some notable exceptions. Tara is not a main character (or black) in the books, Lafayette dies at the beginning of book 2 (actually he's the body found in Andy's car), Jessica (to the best of my recollection) is not in the books at all, Maryann's the maenad instead of Callisto, Eric hasn't been as linked to Sookie as in the novels (yet), and most of Jason Stackhouse's storyline to this point doesn't exist in the books. Although he should have a somewhat larger role later on.

And they've barely scratched the surface of the kind of supernatural stuff that the books touch on, but as is the case with the tv series, it's something that's gradually unveiled.

There is a True Blood book? WTF? How many books

okcchief
07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
There is a True Blood book? WTF? How many books

There are 9 books I think.

My wife has them all.

I really didn't want to watch the show but I watched it with her and began to like it. Last season was ok but this one has been excellent so far.

This kind of show usually isn't my thing at all. Most people either love it or hate it.

luv
07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
There are 9 books I think.

My wife has them all.

I really didn't want to watch the show but I watched it with her and began to like it. Last season was ok but this one has been excellent so far.

This kind of show usually isn't my thing at all. Most people either love it or hate it.

I need to start reading them.

keg in kc
07-30-2009, 09:43 PM
There's 9, and she's going to finish at least 12.

okcchief
07-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I need to start reading them.

Here's a good deal on the first 7.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0441017770/ref=s9_simb_gw_xu_s8_p15_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1DT5H7XQFZC9E94060GZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

luv
08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Here's a good deal on the first 7.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0441017770/ref=s9_simb_gw_xu_s8_p15_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1DT5H7XQFZC9E94060GZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I bought this exact set at Borders today!

keg in kc
08-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm not real thrilled with some of the creative choices they're making right now. They're taking some departures from the book this season is based on that make about zero sense, and I'm trying to figure out how they're not fucking up the next two seasons doing it.

CoMoChief
08-03-2009, 10:33 AM
True Blood/Twilight = Shows for homo's

Bowser
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not real thrilled with some of the creative choices they're making right now. They're taking some departures from the book this season is based on that make about zero sense, and I'm trying to figure out how they're not fucking up the next two seasons doing it.

They've combined a couple of the books for this season, particularly with Sookie and her storyline. This thing going on with MaryAnn is a whole other arc that has nothing to do with the books. And with the author signing away creative rigths to the TV show, there is no telling where they will take the story.

luv
08-03-2009, 11:30 AM

True Blood cannot even be compared to Twilight. Twilight was a chick flick. True blood is completely different.

keg in kc
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
They've combined a couple of the books for this season, particularly with Sookie and her storyline. This thing going on with MaryAnn is a whole other arc that has nothing to do with the books. And with the author signing away creative rigths to the TV show, there is no telling where they will take the story.I haven't seen anything this season that didn't come from Living Dead in Dallas, other than Lorena, and her storyline so far has nothing to do with the events of Club Dead. I think they've pretty clearly stuck to book as far as the season-long plot goes.

(The stuff with MaryAnn is just a bastardization of the stuff with Callisto from the book)

Fruit Ninja
08-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Not really i like True Blood and i fucking hated Twilight.

I like where the show is going, i want to see epic fights between the Vampires.

I never read the book, so i dont really give a shit if they go away from the book. You see what people want to see and you write that into the tv show. Its about ratings, not about keeping true to a book. You give the people what they want. Now, not everyone is going to want that, but you just make a choice and you go with it.

Dick Bull
08-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Holy shit, this weeks episode was fantastic. I can not believe this show gets better every week.

Tribal Warfare
08-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Holy shit, this weeks episode was fantastic. I can not believe this show gets better every week.

Godrick PWNZ all!

Dick Bull
08-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Godrick PWNZ all!

Fo Reals.

Mr. Krab
08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Are they still showing Anna Paquin's boobies on a fairly regular basis?

Fruit Ninja
08-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Godrick is fucking awesome. wow. What an episode.

Baby Lee
08-10-2009, 06:42 AM
So what's the deal with the Church's muscle appealing to Godric as if he was a friend right before Godric killed him? End game?

My new rock band name? Jessica's regenerating hymen.

Eric the doofy white guy cracked my shit UP!! "What's up fellas. Mind if I borrow your stake?"

Is Luke the suicide bomber being played by Tim Tebow?

Lorena to Godric: "Sorry I spoiled your black panther party"

Great Expectations
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I haven't read the books either. To me Season 2 > Season 1. Last nights ep was fantastic, I like the direction that Godric is trying to take the vamps down and the internal struggles that could ensue.

keg in kc
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
So what's the deal with the Church's muscle appealing to Godric as if he was a friend right before Godric killed him? End game?Spoilerish stuff from the books:In the book, Stan Davis is the Sheriff of Dallas, not Godric. Stan isn't even a cowboy, actually he's a nerd, complete with pocket protector, it's pretty funny. Later on he becomes King of Texas, so my guess is, if they go that route in the series, Godric dies in the bombing.

Godric, aka Godfrey, was a very, very interesting character in the book. I don't recall him being Eric's master (although he may have been, I'm not sure). What he was was a "renouncer" a vampire who worked with the fellowship of the sun because he hated his own nature. He was going to meet the dawn because he was a child molestor and he couldn't stop. In fact, in the book, after Sookie was rescued, she went back to the FotS church to watch him die, and it was a poignant thing in the series.

Anyway, my guess is, they screwed up a little with that scene, and kept closer to the fundamental character from the book, although they did later have him say that "they treated me very well" or something along those lines...

But, anyway, originally, the character was an ally of the church. And I'm thinking that got blurred a little with the way they've written him in the show last night.

This is completely a tangent, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread. Have any of you watched Being Human on BBC America? It's a pretty interesting show, set up around a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost living in an apartment together, trying to fit into the human world.

Valiant
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Spoilerish stuff from the books:In the book, Stan Davis is the Sheriff of Dallas, not Godric. Stan isn't even a cowboy, actually he's a nerd, complete with pocket protector, it's pretty funny. Later on he becomes King of Texas, so my guess is, if they go that route in the series, Godric dies in the bombing.

Godric, aka Godfrey, was a very, very interesting character in the book. I don't recall him being Eric's master (although he may have been, I'm not sure). What he was was a "renouncer" a vampire who worked with the fellowship of the sun because he hated his own nature. He was going to meet the dawn because he was a child molestor and he couldn't stop. In fact, in the book, after Sookie was rescued, she went back to the FotS church to watch him die, and it was a poignant thing in the series.

Anyway, my guess is, they screwed up a little with that scene, and kept closer to the fundamental character from the book, although they did later have him say that "they treated me very well" or something along those lines...

But, anyway, originally, the character was an ally of the church. And I'm thinking that got blurred a little with the way they've written him in the show last night.

This is completely a tangent, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread. Have any of you watched Being Human on BBC America? It's a pretty interesting show, set up around a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost living in an apartment together, trying to fit into the human world.

Yeah I have that on dvr with doctor who..

Miles
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM

Yeah it's pretty solid. Before watching it, I thought the general premise seemed a little questionable but it still manages to work.

KcMizzou
08-10-2009, 06:53 PM
"What are you doing here?"

"Sodomy. They say I sodomized a pine tree."

"Well what'd you do that for?"

"I don't know, but it must be true... my pecker's all scratched up."

KCChiefsMan
08-10-2009, 10:04 PM
ok, so I take it this show is good? I've heard enough people talk about it that I put season 1 on my netflix and should get the first 2 discs tomorrow or the next day. Too bad it's just not on demand right now, but I can't start a series in season 2.

topher79
08-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Steve: You're never going to see heaven (something to the effect of)
Jason: I've already seen heaven. When I was inside your wife.

Best line ever.

BWillie
08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
ok, so I take it this show is good? I've heard enough people talk about it that I put season 1 on my netflix and should get the first 2 discs tomorrow or the next day. Too bad it's just not on demand right now, but I can't start a series in season 2.

It was intriguing when it first started last year, then I got bored with it. End of season one I didn't think was anywhere as good as anything in season 2. They've stepped it up a notch in Season 2. I can say I actually look forward to the show, even though I'm forced to watch it.

Valiant
08-12-2009, 12:58 PM
So what's the deal with the Church's muscle appealing to Godric as if he was a friend right before Godric killed him? End game?

My new rock band name? Jessica's regenerating hymen.

Eric the doofy white guy cracked my shit UP!! "What's up fellas. Mind if I borrow your stake?"

Is Luke the suicide bomber being played by Tim Tebow?

Lorena to Godric: "Sorry I spoiled your black panther party"

Me thinks Godric will sacrifice his self to save most of the vampires in the room and the guy from Eureka becomes sheriff..

Fish
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Me thinks Godric will sacrifice his self to save most of the vampires in the room and the guy from Eureka becomes sheriff..

Did you miss the previews for next week after the episode? They showed the carnage from that blast, and there was blood and body parts everywhere. There looked to be a lot of death in that blast.....

Great Expectations
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Did I miss something, all i saw was silver pieces on the bomb. Was there a bunch of wood also?

Fish
08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Did I miss something, all i saw was silver pieces on the bomb. Was there a bunch of wood also?

In the True Blood universe, vampires can be harmed by pure silver. Remember the silver chains used to tie down Eric in the last ep?

Great Expectations
08-12-2009, 02:23 PM
But can the silver kill them? I would think that sookie and the other "humans" could just remove the siver and they would regenerate.

Valiant
08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Did you miss the previews for next week after the episode? They showed the carnage from that blast, and there was blood and body parts everywhere. There looked to be a lot of death in that blast.....

There was a shitload of vampires.. He could of saved half of them and the other half got fucked..

Fish
08-12-2009, 02:40 PM
But can the silver kill them? I would think that sookie and the other "humans" could just remove the siver and they would regenerate.

It's never been clearly stated. They've shown vampires getting burned by silver, but not dying. Guess we'll find out soon.

luv
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
It's gotta suck to be Jessica. The eternal virgin?

Great Expectations
08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
If she could just increase her pain tolerance it would be cool for her boyfriend though.

Crashride
08-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Dont know how I feel about Godric being killed off. I guess he is immortalized now though. I would like to have seen him more involved in the story since he was so bad ass.
On another note shit is about to hit the fan next episode when the vamps come back into town.

keg in kc
08-17-2009, 10:53 AM
You know, as much as I enjoy this show, there had to be at least 5 times tonight when I had to roll my eyes at the soap opera lines.

Crashride
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
You know, as much as I enjoy this show, there had to be at least 5 times tonight when I had to roll my eyes at the soap opera lines.

Those "lines" are popping up everywhere whenever Bill and Sookie talk.

Things just got interested now that sookie drank some of Erics blood. She's already having dreams about getting it on with him.

keg in kc
08-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Things just got interested now that sookie drank some of Erics blood. She's already having dreams about getting it on with him.Things will get a lot more interesting than that, assuming they follow the books.

btlook1
08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Don't ruin it for the ones like me that haven't read that book...This show just seems to get better. 3 eposides left now and it's looking good!

On another note Sookie just doesn't look to good without the make up.

keg in kc
08-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Don't ruin it for the ones like me that haven't read that book...No worries. I don't think I've ever said anything specific about the books that wasn't under a spoiler tag.

Baby Lee
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Dont know how I feel about Godric being killed off. I guess he is immortalized now though. I would like to have seen him more involved in the story since he was so bad ass.
On another note shit is about to hit the fan next episode when the vamps come back into town.
I wouldn't entirely write him off, he went to the church voluntarily, spoke of being older than 'our' Christ, and the title of the episode is 'I will rise up.'

Totally spitballin' but I wouldn't put some form of Vampire resurrection past Alan Ball.

luv
08-17-2009, 01:32 PM

Things just got interested now that sookie drank some of Erics blood. She's already having dreams about getting it on with him.

That would be awesome, IMO. He's so much better looking than Bill. I'm going to picture bill being much better looking as I read the books.

BigRedChief
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
That would be awesome, IMO. He's so much better looking than Bill. I'm going to picture bill being much better looking as I read the books.
maybe they got cast because they are lovers in real life?

Valiant
08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
maybe they got cast because they are lovers in real life?

Her and Moyer(bill) are dating/engaged not Eric..

BigRedChief
08-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Her and Moyer(bill) are dating/engaged not Eric..yes, I was adressing why "Bill" was not better looking on the show than described in the books.

CHENZ A!
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
they showed sookies boobs again....that makes me happy. :)

luv
08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Just watched last week's show. I'm such a chick. I cried.

crazzycat
08-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Hope i watch it this week

Simply Red
08-19-2009, 10:28 PM
wow, occasional terrible acting, though. Jeesh, this fat woman in the kitchen is just AWFUL.

LaChapelle
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
It just gets better

Kill that bull headed bitch!!

luv
08-23-2009, 08:04 PM
It just gets better

Kill that bull headed bitch!!

Seriously? I can't wait until I get to watch it! I don't have HBO, so I have to wait and watch it by other means.

Bowser
08-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Good episode tonight! I was wondering when they would introduce the queen....

Dick Bull
08-23-2009, 10:46 PM

This. I was a little disappointed with last weeks episode but it became apparent to me it was a setup for this weeks episode.

Miles
08-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Very solid after last week being a somewhat boring. Finally making the Maryann plotline interesting.

Also Jessica is the most attractive chick on this show.

Tribal Warfare
08-24-2009, 12:03 AM

Watch, it will be Barbra Streisand that soul sucking bitch.

Silock
08-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Perilously close to

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/jump.gif
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/great-white-shark-1.jpg

I thought this week was terrible. Just godAWFUL acting.

btlook1
08-24-2009, 03:52 AM
I thought this week was terrible. Just godAWFUL acting.[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact opposite. I think it's just getting better and better!

Silock
08-24-2009, 04:02 AM
For me, the highlight of the show was definitely Andy. I dunno. It was just a weird episode for me, because it seemed like they were trying to be serious and make it a comedy at the same time and it didn't come out well in either way. The Jason Stackhouse thing, ALL of it at Merlotte's was just ridiculous. The Sookie/Maryanne thing was the only interesting part of it for me. But when Sookie and Bill were saying goodbye, I just cringed at all the acting. It was terribad.

Fruit Ninja
08-24-2009, 04:49 AM
i enjoyed it alot. Fuck that ending left me going wtf. Not because it was a WTF moment, because they left ya hanging. haha

keg in kc
08-24-2009, 10:17 PM
I thought this week's episode was one of the worst of not just True Blood, but any show I've watched in the last year. It was friggin awful.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 11:04 PM

I highly recommend it.

I can't decide if you're mocking us, or if you're really wondering. I think it is, but opinions differ. You wanna know? You should check it out sometime.

Thanks. The lady that plays MaryAnn is my most immediate neighbor. I caught her on "Lost" and on an episode or two of "In Treatment".

But I can't tell you how embarrassing it is not to know what she's doing, work-wise. I actually asked if she was working the other day, not knowing she's on "True Blood". Then I read an interview and found this thread.

I'll definitely check it out, if not for anything other than Alan Ball. Thanks!

Dick Bull
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I thought this week's episode was one of the worst of not just True Blood, but any show I've watched in the last year. It was friggin awful.

I'm glad I don't have your tastes.

KcMizzou
08-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks. The lady that plays MaryAnn is my most immediate neighbor. I caught her on "Lost" and on an episode or two of "In Treatment".

But I can't tell you how embarrassing it is not to know what she's doing, work-wise. I actually asked if she was working the other day, not knowing she's on "True Blood". Then I read an interview and found this thread.

I'll definitely check it out, if not for anything other than Alan Ball. Thanks!It's a good show. It's not very serious, and it doesn't pretend to be. It's a little "campy" without trying..

In the end, it's entertaining as hell. I'm a fan.

DaneMcCloud
08-25-2009, 12:00 AM
It's a good show. It's not very serious, and it doesn't pretend to be. It's a little "campy" without trying..

In the end, it's entertaining as hell. I'm a fan.

Thanks, Bro.

I'll have to do the video on demand thing this Fall.

AustinChief
08-25-2009, 12:08 AM

She was born in Austin! Tell Mishka to stop by my local pub next time she hits town!

LaChapelle
08-25-2009, 06:45 AM
We all have our demons we fight and others we live with. Each episode will mean different things to different people. Like the stupidity of mob mentality.

keg in kc
08-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Watch, it will be Barbra Streisand that soul sucking bitch.Evan Rachel Wood (http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/theremoteisland/2009/04/Evan%20Rachel%20Wood%20%20in%20Lingerie1.thumbnail.jpg)

Seriously (http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/440/38/evan-rachel-wood-gq-04.0.0.0x0.359x480.jpeg)I'm glad I don't have your tastes.Whatever floats your boat.

Crashride
08-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I just couldnt get over the fact that this episode was only 45 min I was like F********************************!!!!!

luv
08-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Evan Rachel Wood (http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/theremoteisland/2009/04/Evan%20Rachel%20Wood%20%20in%20Lingerie1.thumbnail.jpg)

Seriously (http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/440/38/evan-rachel-wood-gq-04.0.0.0x0.359x480.jpeg)Whatever floats your boat.

That looks like Jessica.

KCChiefsMan
08-26-2009, 01:30 AM
this show rocks! I'm only in the middle of the 1st season, watching it via netflix. Love it so far!

LaChapelle
08-31-2009, 07:25 AM
So..., that's how Eggs got his name.

Bane
08-31-2009, 07:35 AM
The queen is a freak!!!!:p

Crashride
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
True blood is starting to look like dragonball z with all of this building up to a climax.

That being said im still hooked and upset I have to wait 2 WEEKS to see the finale.

FishingRod
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
This has been my favorite show next to Dexter. They are really getting a little over the top and may lose me if they don't pull it back together. I fricking Egg come on.

Tribal Warfare
08-31-2009, 03:13 PM
True blood is starting to look like dragonball z with all of this building up to a climax.

What an obscure reference

Fish
08-31-2009, 03:27 PM
This has been my favorite show next to Dexter. They are really getting a little over the top and may lose me if they don't pull it back together. I fricking Egg come on.

It's been a little over the top the entire time. But that's sort of the appeal for me. Similar to X-Files being a pretty serious drama while still having that nerdy B-rate scifi humorous side now and then. I really appreciate a series that can be serious but still laugh at itself when needed. That campiness keeps things in check and allows them flexibility. The humor in Trueblood is downright awesome at times too.

Jason Stackhouse: “I work out like a motherfucker and I watch a lotta porn to learn stuff”

ROFL

Omar_Doom
08-31-2009, 05:55 PM
This show is utter trash. Cant believe how popular it is. Vampires are played out.

Thank God for Breaking Bad, Mad Men and The Wire or else I probably wouldnt watch any shows on TV at all.

Valiant
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
What an obscure reference

No shit, almost all shows with a continuity do this.. Talk about something weird to complain about..

dtebbe
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM

Well, there's always Nick at Nite for you. :shake:

DT

BWillie
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
This was the worst True Blood ep of the season. It was just a filler episode leading up to the season finale - but I guess that is what they were going for.

Silock
09-01-2009, 12:35 AM
This show is utter trash. Cant believe how popular it is. Vampires are played out.

Thank God for Breaking Bad, Mad Men and The Wire or else I probably wouldnt watch any shows on TV at all.

I find Mad Men intolerably boring. It's not the subject matter... it's the complete and total lack of music. Holy fuck.

FishingRod
09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
It's been a little over the top the entire time. But that's sort of the appeal for me. Similar to X-Files being a pretty serious drama while still having that nerdy B-rate scifi humorous side now and then. I really appreciate a series that can be serious but still laugh at itself when needed. That campiness keeps things in check and allows them flexibility. The humor in Trueblood is downright awesome at times too.

Jason Stackhouse: “I work out like a mother****er and I watch a lotta porn to learn stuff”

ROFL

Ok I have to admit that was funny. I was a little worried they were going to have Jason not be a dumbass and that would be a shame.

Baby Lee
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
And that's in the Bible, or the Constitution.

luv
09-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Okay, so it sounds like I haven't missed much by waiting to download it.

Radar Chief
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM
That being said im still hooked and upset I have to wait 2 WEEKS to see the finale.

I’m going to be out camping this weekend so I’m actually glad they postponed it a week.

keg in kc
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
And that's in the Bible, or the Constitution.I read a book about about it once. This is the oral history of the zombie war.

KCChiefsMan
09-04-2009, 03:19 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546055,00.html?test=latestnews

DUDE, Vampires are real!?!

kaplin42
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I read a book about about it once. This is the oral history of the zombie war.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Tr%2BF-vpdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Bowser
09-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Just for CoMo....

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5hXBbEbvPg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5hXBbEbvPg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Just for CoMo....

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5hXBbEbvPg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5hXBbEbvPg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>Sweet.

BWillie
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
If they kill Sam I'm going to be pissed. They should kill Tara. I hate Tara.

Miles
09-10-2009, 01:09 AM

Agreed. Sam is a great character but Tara and the annoying ass plotlines she has been a part of is not.

Valiant
09-10-2009, 03:10 AM

I don't think any main characters are going to get killed.. Just the daemon lady and X..

Good guess by me..

Shit meant to quote this not edit it..

KCChiefsMan
09-10-2009, 03:20 AM
it's definitely time for that crazy lady to get killed off, I was kind of hoping they would have done that earlier, but I guess that is what they wanted for season 2

Bowser
09-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm wondering if it's going to be LaFayette. I say that since he wasn't in the video (at least I didn't see him).

Bowser
09-10-2009, 11:08 PM
it's definitely time for that crazy lady to get killed off, I was kind of hoping they would have done that earlier, but I guess that is what they wanted for season 2

Tricia Helfer is going to show up and blast her in the face with a pistol.

luv
09-13-2009, 04:41 PM
AGH! I'm going to someone's house to watch the season finale of True Blood, and I realized I hadn't watched the last episode I had on my computer. I went to watch it, but it says there are files missing (probably from last virus scan/quarantine I did). Can someone give me a detailed run down of what happened in the last episode?

Miles
09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
AGH! I'm going to someone's house to watch the season finale of True Blood, and I realized I hadn't watched the last episode I had on my computer. I went to watch it, but it says there are files missing (probably from last virus scan/quarantine I did). Can someone give me a detailed run down of what happened in the last episode?

http://www.avclub.com/articles/frenzy,32328/

keg in kc
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, that was a largely retarded finale. At least they set up for next season.

Radar Chief
09-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, that was a largely retarded finale. At least they set up for next season.

Yea, I was pretty disappointed with how they off-ed Marianne. Considering how much trouble she caused for everyone I was expecting something a lot more spectacular.

keg in kc
09-14-2009, 01:26 PM
I think they made a mistake on that whole storyline. The way it was in the book was a whole lot better. Originally, as I remember it, the storyline was that sookie was attacked by the maenad as a message to the vampires. It (Callisto) wanted tribute. The mystery to be be solved was the discovery that the first and only murder (lafayette, i understand why they changed that, he's a popular character) took place at a freaky town sex club and the body was moved to the parking lot. I'm not sure why they changed it, there was some great stuff, like Sookie infiltrating the club with Eric acting as her date. Dressed like Lafayette. LMAO

Although I'm guessing they changed it so they wouldn't lose so many people in the cast, albeit all minor characters. Everybody involved in the sex club except for Tara and Eggs were killed in the book.

Valiant
09-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I think they made a mistake on that whole storyline. The way it was in the book was a whole lot better. Originally, as I remember it, the storyline was that sookie was attacked by the maenad as a message to the vampires. It (Callisto) wanted tribute. The mystery to be be solved was the discovery that the first and only murder (lafayette, i understand why they changed that, he's a popular character) took place at a freaky town sex club and the body was moved to the parking lot. I'm not sure why they changed it, there was some great stuff, like Sookie infiltrating the club with Eric acting as her date. Dressed like Lafayette. LMAO

Although I'm guessing they changed it so they wouldn't lose so many people in the cast, albeit all minor characters. Everybody involved in the sex club except for Tara and Eggs were killed in the book.

Meh, I think it is better if they do not go off the books like they have been and change things up with the characters.. Keeps literally everyone guessing that has/hasnot read the books..

It was a weak way to kill her though, I wanted a more drawn out battle.. And more nudity..

keg in kc
09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Meh, I think it is better if they do not go off the books like they have been and change things up with the characters.. Keeps literally everyone guessing that has/hasnot read the books..

It was a weak way to kill her though, I wanted a more drawn out battle.. And more nudity..I don't mind going away from the books. But if they're going to do it, it needs to be done well. Which that storyline definitely was not.

BWillie
09-14-2009, 02:45 PM

It was a weak way to kill her though, I wanted a more drawn out battle.. And more nudity..

I like Sam - so I thought it was pretty cool that he stabbed her with his horns and she thought he was a god. Then before she weathered away she saw Sam appear. Priceless.

KCChiefsMan
09-14-2009, 03:27 PM
pretty lame finale though, predictable and a little cheesy

blazzin311
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
IMO I though it was good. I enjoyed it. Maybe I'm the only one though. Everyone else seems to be a bit let down by it. :hmmm:

LaChapelle
09-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I thought the ending was weak. What was with Sam and the doe? -NM, What's her tits changed into a doe. I'll miss her eyes.

Valiant
09-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I thought the ending was weak. What was with Sam and the doe? -NM, What's her tits changed into a doe. I'll miss her eyes.

Who is whats her tits?? I guessed it was literally just a doe and he was reminiscing of the other shape shifter..

luv
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I thought the finale did what it was supposed to....leave you hanging for next season. Although, I'll admit last year's was better.

Next season, we'll have the Bill disappearance, the Floyd/Jessica thing, Andy's cover up for Jason, Tara dealing with Eggs' death, finding out just what Sookie is, why the Queen is selling her blood, etc.

I also hated the whole Marianne story line, and I was glad to see her go, grand exit or not. Sam has tasted Bill's blood, so now Bill will be able to sense when Sam's in trouble as well.

Silock
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Wrap up of the story sucked. The setup for next season was good.

blazzin311
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll admit the middle storyline of the finale I suppose could have been played out better. However I really liked how they set every thing up for next season with the cliffhanger ending. There's a number of directions they can now go with next season's storylines.

OmahaChief
09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Another Classic Jason Stackhouse line thsi week... I love the smell of Nail Polish in the morning.

Gotta love that guy.

WoodDraw
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
I've watched the last two season on DVD/On Demand, and I'm not sure I could go to week to week now. The show, even more so than most shows, unfolds much better that way.

CoMoChief
09-15-2009, 01:27 PM
True Blood/Twilight/Vampire Diaries = Gayer than an AIDS filled bucket of purple veiny cock.

Baby Lee
09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Anyone able to recap the last few minutes? Apparently the 'pain go bye-bye juice' was taking effect towards the end, as I cannot recall what all went on. But if the recap sounds familiar I won't have to rerecord it and watch the end.

Last I recall was the Sam the Bull/trojan horse kill the Maenad gambit ol' Vampaar Be-ull worked up. Oh and the aftermath being mostly Sam forlornly eying Bambi's moms.

Valiant
09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
True Blood/Twilight/Vampire Diaries = Gayer than an AIDS filled bucket of purple veiny cock.

Yet you keep coming back and keep stuffing it down your throat.. Maybe you love the aftertaste..

keg in kc
09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Eggs attacked Andy. Jason shot and killed Eggs. Andy took the gun and told Jason to get lost. Tara freaked out.

Hoyt went to make up with Jessica. While Jessica started feeding on random truckers.

Sam went to his adopted parents in search of his real parents.

Bill rented out an entire restaurant and proposed to Sookie. Sookie freaked out, ran to the bathroom, and when she game back, ready to say yes, Bill was gone, apparently taken.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

KCChiefsMan
09-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Lafayette is the best actor on this show I think, his character cracks me up.

Valiant
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Eggs attacked Andy. Jason shot and killed Eggs. Andy took the gun and told Jason to get lost. Tara freaked out.

Hoyt went to make up with Jessica. While Jessica started feeding on random truckers. trying to become a whore, to get attention now that she lost Hoyt's..

Sam went to his adopted parents in search of his real parents.

Bill rented out an entire restaurant and proposed to Sookie. Sookie freaked out, ran to the bathroom, and when she game back, ready to say yes, Bill was gone, apparently taken.Think Eric took him or a Queens minon

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

BWillie
09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Lafayette is the best actor on this show I think, his character cracks me up.

I thought the actor who played Eggs was pretty good too, but the last episode he seemed to be overacting. Not that I know what that is.

WoodDraw
09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I never liked Eggs. I hoped he'd get out this season.

I'm hoping for more Eric this season, and to learn more about that whole structure. One of my favorite story lines so far has been Godric. I wish more had come from that, but I guess it's best they didn't beat it first.

The Queen didn't make a great first impression for me. But, we'll see.

KCChiefsMan
09-16-2009, 01:25 AM
I hope season 3 goes more deep into the Vampire world.

BWillie
09-16-2009, 01:57 AM
I hope season 3 goes more deep into the Vampire world.

I'm sure the third season is going to be picked up, but does anybody know how long until they would air it? Is it going to be a whole 'nother year or are they gonna try to pump one out pretty quick.

Dick Bull
09-16-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm sure the third season is going to be picked up, but does anybody know how long until they would air it? Is it going to be a whole 'nother year or are they gonna try to pump one out pretty quick.

I doubt it's coming out soon. Most likely when big love's season has run it's course. The pacific is coming out as well so maybe even after that.

I google it and they said summer 2010.

Dick Bull
09-16-2009, 02:33 AM

Now, now homochief. That's not very nice.

LaChapelle
09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Lafayette was a better character before he went all effeminate after his abduction and release. Or it could be a non PC statement...I doubt that I'm reading that right.

luv
10-29-2009, 05:17 PM
So, I've started reading the books. Almost done with the first one. I just have to say that walking around in Sookie's head is kind of boring.

WoodDraw
10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
So, I've started reading the books. Almost done with the first one. I just have to say that walking around in Sookie's head is kind of boring.

I read the first one and started the second. I don't think I'll continue. Not nearly as interesting as I expected. No depth to the characters, slow moving plot, and crappy writing. I'll stick with True Blood instead of ruining plot lines.

luv
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I read the first one and started the second. I don't think I'll continue. Not nearly as interesting as I expected. No depth to the characters, slow moving plot, and crappy writing. I'll stick with True Blood instead of ruining plot lines.

I bought the set, so I'm going to read them. Although, I may wait to read the third book until after I've seen the third season.

WoodDraw
10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I bought the set, so I'm going to read them. Although, I may wait to read the third book until after I've seen the third season.

Let me know. I heard a few good things about them, so I bought the first two. Quick reads, but I guess I compare them too much to True Blood. Maybe I need to get away from what I already know happens...

luv
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Let me know. I heard a few good things about them, so I bought the first two. Quick reads, but I guess I compare them too much to True Blood. Maybe I need to get away from what I already know happens...

I think that's been the problem for me, too. There are so many sub-plots on the show that it keeps you interested. You see the overview, and you can choose characters you like and want to follow. In the book, you're stuck in the head of a love struck blond. A whiny one at that.

Galileo Humpkins
10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I ordered the box set last year but haven't read beyond the first book.

HBO was airing the first season throughout the day and I realized I much prefer it in comparison to the last season, which I was somewhat disappointed in.

Maryann's schtick became tedious real quick.

luv
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I ordered the box set last year but haven't read beyond the first book.

HBO was airing the first season throughout the day and I realized I much prefer it in comparison to the last season, which I was somewhat disappointed in.

Maryann's schtick became tedious real quick.

Agreed. Definitely glad that's over.

Kraus
10-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Season one on Blu Ray for $34 at Best Buy through today.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/True+Blood%3A+The+Complete+First+Season+%5B5+Discs+/+Blu-ray%5D+-+Widescreen+Dolby+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9253675.p?id=1954289&skuId=9253675&st=true%20blood&lp=2&cp=1

Edit: Actually found Wal-Mart has it for a buck or two cheaper.

BigRedChief
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Anna is Bi-sexual

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/04/01/anna-paquin-says-shes-bisexual-in-new-psa/

Wait, isn't Anna Paquin engaged to her "True Blood" co-star Stephen Moyer?
Yes, she is. And she's also a bisexual.
That's what the Oscar winner says in a new PSA for the True Colors Fund, an advocacy group dedicated to LGBT equality

CHENZ A!
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Anna is Bi-sexual

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/04/01/anna-paquin-says-shes-bisexual-in-new-psa/

Wait, isn't Anna Paquin engaged to her "True Blood" co-star Stephen Moyer?
Yes, she is. And she's also a bisexual.
That's what the Oscar winner says in a new PSA for the True Colors Fund, an advocacy group dedicated to LGBT equality

I choose to believe that every straight girl has bisexual tendencies and even lesbos would like my ding dong inside them
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
she's very hot

BigRedChief
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I choose to believe that every straight girl has bisexual tendencies and even lesbos would like my ding dong inside them
Posted via Mobile DeviceAs does every red blooded american male!
http://media.superpimper.com/graphics/USA_Comments/usa-comments-1022.gif

Buck
04-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Ok just finished off the 2nd season. When I first heard of this show, I thought, "GAY!!!" But I watched it and its one of those addicting shows.

I hated Maryann and thought that her death was cool. Not sure what you guys were expecting, although I sorta wish she hadn't been the main villain of last season.

I hope season 3 comes out soon. I'm looking forward to meeting Sam's parents. That should be interesting. Also I am trying to think who would have known where Bill was and all I'm coming up with is Eric since he knows where Sookie is. Then I think who the hell would even want Bill, and I can only think of his maker (forgot her name). Does she have the ability to track him?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Anyone heard when the 3rd season is going to start on HBO?

luv
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Anyone heard when the 3rd season is going to start on HBO?

I think its June 13.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Ok just finished off the 2nd season. When I first heard of this show, I thought, "GAY!!!" But I watched it and its one of those addicting shows.

I hated Maryann and thought that her death was cool. Not sure what you guys were expecting, although I sorta wish she hadn't been the main villain of last season.

I hope season 3 comes out soon. I'm looking forward to meeting Sam's parents. That should be interesting. Also I am trying to think who would have known where Bill was and all I'm coming up with is Eric since he knows where Sookie is. Then I think who the hell would even want Bill, and I can only think of his maker (forgot her name). Does she have the ability to track him?
Posted via Mobile Device

Great synopsis from the chick point of view.

Galileo Humpkins
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Then I think who the hell would even want Bill, and I can only think of his maker (forgot her name). Does she have the ability to track him?

You're thinking of Lorena. She has the common abilities of a vampire, so one would assume she could track those she has feasted on.

She hinted at the two crossing paths again in the episode "Timebomb."

Buck
04-15-2010, 01:25 PM
You're thinking of Lorena. She has the common abilities of a vampire, so one would assume she could track those she has feasted on.

She hinted at the two crossing paths again in the episode "Timebomb."

Yeah her.

I hate when I get caught up on a show so fast and have to wait months for it to come back.

kaplin42
04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Can they bring the show back, and kill off Sookie? Yeah, Anna is easy on the eyes, but her character is a Psycho Twunt that I just want to see go away.

luv
04-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Can they bring the show back, and kill off Sookie? Yeah, Anna is easy on the eyes, but her character is a Psycho Twunt that I just want to see go away.

Considering the books are called the Sookie Stackhouse Series, and she's the main character, I'm guessing no.

btlook1
04-16-2010, 02:35 AM

Her character does leave something to be desired...although I tend to forget about it everytime she gets naked on the screen....GREAT SHOW! Looking forward to it starting up again.

vailpass
04-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Considering the books are called the Sookie Stackhouse Series, and she's the main character, I'm guessing no.

I wish they would bring the Vampire Elvis character from the book into the TV show.

luv
04-16-2010, 04:52 PM
I wish they would bring the Vampire Elvis character from the book into the TV show.

Yeah, they added so much to the series, yet left out some funny parts.

vailpass
04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, they added so much to the series, yet left out some funny parts.

Guess there is only so much TV time, they have to leave a lot out. Still, seems like the series is pretty true to the book??
I can't quite remember but wasn't there something different about Tara like she was white or something and her boyfriend was a swinger bi-sexual?
Been a while since I read the book.

luv
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Guess there is only so much TV time, they have to leave a lot out. Still, seems like the series is pretty true to the book??
I can't quite remember but wasn't there something different about Tara like she was white or something and her boyfriend was a swinger bi-sexual?
Been a while since I read the book.

Tara was hardly mentioned in the first book (if at all). I think she's a cousin? I'm only on book two, but haven't read on it for a while. Season two kind of kept up with the book, but took Marianne's role way to the extreme. She's hardly mentioned in the second book.

vailpass
04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Tara was hardly mentioned in the first book (if at all). I think she's a cousin? I'm only on book two, but haven't read on it for a while. Season two kind of kept up with the book, but took Marianne's role way to the extreme. She's hardly mentioned in the second book.

I didn't go beyond the first book because I don't want to know what is going to happen in the TV show. I'll read the rest after the tv series is over.

KCChiefsMan
04-16-2010, 05:18 PM
this is one of my favs

vailpass
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
this is one of my favs

How about the vampire court held in the auto salvage yard? There is some wicked justice being meted out in those hearings.

LaChapelle
05-09-2010, 08:06 PM
They've talked for two season how vile werewolves are
looks like this season we find out

tymania
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM

yeah i think this seasons villain is going to be the werewolf.. should make for a good season.

Great Expectations
05-10-2010, 09:49 AM
That new teaser w/ Jessica is cool, she looks to play a larger/more aggressive role this season.

CoMoChief
05-10-2010, 02:08 PM
This show is really cool.....if you're really gay.

Valiant
05-10-2010, 07:22 PM
This show is really cool.....if you're really gay.

Yet you keep coming back..

Buck
05-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Are you talking about that teaser they showed before The Pacific?

Yeah, that was sick.

RedNFeisty
05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
I am so thrilled there is a True Blood thread!! I haven't seen it since season two. :cuss: I need to just buy the series.

luv
05-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I am so thrilled there is a True Blood thread!! I haven't seen it since season two. :cuss: I need to just buy the series.

Season three starts in June. I've got season one, and season two is on pre-order. :thumb:

keg in kc
05-14-2010, 11:12 PM
<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/6555681001?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=85750018001&playerID=6555681001&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/6555681001?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=85750018001&playerID=6555681001&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

BigRedChief
05-28-2010, 09:18 AM
LOS ANGELES — True Blood (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Culture/Television/Programming/True+Blood) is getting new blood.

Werewolves, to be exact, will join the peculiar world of vampires, shape-shifters and mind readers who spice up the third-season HBO (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Companies/Publishers,+Media,+Music/HBO) drama, returning June 13 (9 ET/PT).

"It's just another element added to the supernatural craziness of it all," says Anna Paquin (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Celebrities/Actors,+Agents/Anna+Paquin), who plays the telepathic Sookie Stackhouse. "There's no way you can ever get bored on a show like this. When you think you've seen it all and done it all, something weirder and wilder comes out of the woodwork."

CALENDAR: Check out TV offerings this summer (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/summer-2010-tv-calendar.htm)

Weirder and wilder should provide an infusion of Oh! positive for an avid fan base that more than doubled during Blood's second season to 5 million viewers for each episode's first broadcast. Adding in replay, DVR and on-demand viewing, Blood ranks second only to The Sopranos (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/The+Sopranos) among HBO series in total viewership.

The thirst for Blood may be unquenchable. Fan site true-blood.net reports more than four times as many visitors in the past 30 days as in the corresponding period in 2009.

Why do fans respond so strongly? "Part of us yearns for the muck of the primal," says series creator and executive producer Alan Ball (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Athletes/NFL/Alan+Ball). "We still have part of us that feels in awe of nature and all of the stuff that is bigger and scarier than us. ... I think True Blood has evolved into a show that can feed that desire, that incorporates fear, terror, sex and transcendent behavior in a way that's really entertaining and funny at the same time."

And over-the-top bloody, of course.

The series roughly follows the popular Sookie Stackhouse novels of Charlaine Harris (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Celebrities/Authors/Charlaine+Harris), which focus on the mind reader and her relationships with vampire boyfriend Bill Compton and other folks (human and otherwise) in rural Bon Temps, La.

The new season, which introduces werewolves, more shape-shifters and the byzantine world of vampire politics, corresponds to the third novel, Club Dead.

"This is classic, escapist fun," says Stephen Moyer (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Celebrities/Actors,+Agents/Stephen+Moyer), who co-stars as the 173-year-old Bill. "You can read it on so many levels. It can be an hour of escapist drama. You also can watch it for comedy, suspense, as a thriller, as a horror. It's an audacious show."

Picking up the threads
When we left them, Bill had disappeared, apparently via kidnapping, after proposing to Sookie; shape-shifter Sam Merlotte (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Celebrities/Authors/Charlaine+Harris) (Sam Trammell), owner of the bar where Sookie works, had embarked on a search for his real family; and Sookie's BFF Tara (Rutina Wesley) was grieving over the death of her boyfriend.

Bill's disappearance "is not really the way every romantic dream proposal goes. The girl bursts into tears, runs to the bathroom, comes back to say yes, and the dude is gone," says Paquin. "That's going to be a pretty major plotline for Sookie."

As Season 3 begins, Sookie will go in search of Bill, aided by handsome werewolf Alcide Herveaux (Joe Manganiello), who's assigned to the task by vampire sheriff Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard). Despite that arrangement, vampires and werewolves (who have been at each other's throats in the Twilight and Underworld movie series) are not the best of super-friends.

"Eric hates them," says Skarsgard, covered with white makeup and accents of blood red during a break on the show's L.A. set. "In his opinion, werewolves are very primitive, stupid, disgusting, not sophisticated. After a while, you'll find out there's a deeper reason he hates them."
At the same time, the actors were delighted with real wolves on the set. "They're extraordinary creatures," says Moyer, also sporting vampiric pallor. "They never stop moving. They're enormous and powerful. That's been the highlight so far — of the things I'm allowed to talk about."
Another main story will be Sam's search for his biological family. The shape-shifter may get more than he wishes for. "They're an itinerant, very poor and sketchy family. He finds out who these people are and why they've given him up. ... It's sort of like a Pandora's box, that he thinks he can go and meet them and then leave. But he can't put the top back on the box," says Trammell.

Tara and Sookie's brother Jason (Ryan Kwanten (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Ryan+Kwanten)), who shot Tara's boyfriend, will each be dealing with the fallout from his death. Viewers also will meet a new royal bloodsucker, Russell Edgington (Dennis O'Hare), the vampire king of Mississippi, and learn more about a vampire hierarchy that also includes Sophie-Anne (Evan Rachel Wood (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/People/Celebrities/Actors,+Agents/Evan+Rachel+Wood)), the vampire queen of Louisiana.

If there's a Season 3 theme, it's identity, Ball says. "Each character is coming to terms with who or what they are. We're finding out what makes them tick and what they're willing to do and not willing to do, and what they're willing to fight for and not willing to fight for," he says.
As is apparent, the True Blood world keeps growing, which Ball says partly reflects Harris' novels.

"It's bigger, or at least it feels that way," says Deborah Ann Woll, who plays the coming-of-age vampire Jessica. "Half the faces around the table reads (of scripts) are new people. I don't know what (their story lines) look like, what their sets look like or what their costumes look like. It feels like five TV shows are going on at the same time."

Cast enjoys the ride
If Blood is fun for viewers, plots drenched with blood and sex seem to make it the same for those in the show. "The material is endlessly entertaining," Paquin says. "It's about as much fun as you could expect to have and still technically call it a job."

There aren't many places where actors can test drive their own coffins, as Kristin Bauer van Straten does while preparing for a scene. "If I'm not out in 30 minutes, start looking for a key," says Bauer van Straten as she crawls into the sleek, white pod in the office just off of the Fangtasia bar. She doesn't need a key; the futuristic container comes with an internal escape button. "I like the phone call that starts with: 'We need you to come in for your coffin fitting.' Isn't that something?"

Moyer enjoys the writing, which keeps the characters off balance. "We're having to react to what's happening around us, rather than us seeking out the drama. The drama is happening to all of our characters. It feels very visceral and strong and muscular because of it."
Ball is having a good time, too.

"It is so much fun. If you had told me I would be doing a vampire show with werewolves and would be having more fun than I'd had in my life, I would have said, 'You're high,' " says Ball, who created Six Feet Under (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Six+Feet+Under) for HBO and won a screenwriting Oscar for American Beauty (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/American+Beauty).

For all the wildness, Blood wouldn't work unless it found a way to keep the characters grounded, Ball says. "We might as well have a sign in the writers' room that says, 'It's the emotions, stupid.' We try to make sure the characters' emotional lives are what's driving the story. Otherwise, it's set pieces and special effects. We have such good actors that they can play the romance, the yearning, the weaknesses, the upsets, the disappointments and the triumphs."

Lure of immortality
As Blood blossoms as a pop-culture phenomenon, Melissa Lowery, who owns true-blood.net with Elizabeth Henderson, credits the rich combination of Ball's take on Harris' novels. "The show is so character-driven, it's transcended the 'supernatural/fantasy' label to become a captivating experience for mainstream audiences. Whether it's watching Sookie navigate her first real romance, Jason finding stability in chaos or discovering that vampires are humans, too, there is at least one character everyone can relate to."

Skarsgard has his own theory on Blood's appeal. (The hunky Scandinavian actor is part of the fever: John Folden, who operates the true-blood.tv fan site, says one of every four messages posted there relates to Skarsgard.)

"It's about vampires, and they represent immortality. I think people are attracted to that. Their age and knowledge and level of experience is very attractive, and you're drawn to that," says Skarsgard, whose Eric is 1,000 years old. "But they're also animals, and they can turn on you like that and kill you in a second."

Would Paquin be interested in a season for each of Harris' 10 novels? "I'd do it until they pull the plug," she says. "I don't know how long everyone's going to want to watch us running around biting each other and having all the sex and blood, but I think we'll do this until they tell us we have to stop. It's a dream job."

Buck
05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
I would preface the last post by saying there are some minor spoilers in it.

BigRedChief
05-28-2010, 09:47 AM
I would preface the last post by saying there are some minor spoilers in it.Its from USA Today, not some fan/blog site.

luv
05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I am psyched for season 3!

Buck
05-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Its from USA Today, not some fan/blog site.Yep, I read it.

There's definitely minor spoilers in there but whatever.

Season 3 starts in like 2 weeks, awesome.

PS why the he'll is the DVD and Blu Ray of this show so expensive?

vailpass
05-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Yep, I read it.

There's definitely minor spoilers in there but whatever.

Season 3 starts in like 2 weeks, awesome.

PS why the he'll is the DVD and Blu Ray of this show so expensive?

Becasue people will pay it?

Saccopoo
06-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Am I allowed to say that I think this show sucks?

Omaha
06-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Isn't that what makes it so funny?

vailpass
06-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Yes but it makes you weird.

Bowser
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Am I allowed to say that I think this show sucks?No biggie. Hot naked vampire chicks just aren't for everybody, obviously.

Saccopoo
06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
No biggie. Hot naked vampire chicks just aren't for everybody, obviously.

I was going to say something about the horrible acting, bad plot lines, completely improbable situations (even for a vampire show) and the continued propagation of this extremely stupid "genre" that is vampire shows/movies based on horribly executed "novels," but you could include naked vampire chicks in with that I guess. Anything to pull in the beer and nacho crowd I guess.

vailpass
06-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I was going to say something about the horrible acting, bad plot lines, completely improbable situations (even for a vampire show) and the continued propagation of this extremely stupid "genre" that is vampire shows/movies based on horribly executed "novels," but you could include naked vampire chicks in with that I guess. Anything to pull in the beer and nacho crowd I guess.

:LOL: Check out the Poindexter.

Buck
06-05-2010, 04:04 PM
When is this back again? Next week?

Bowser
06-05-2010, 04:09 PM
When is this back again? Next week?Yes. Week from tomorrow.

KcMizzou
06-05-2010, 06:28 PM
<--proud member of the beer and nacho crowd.

luv
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Hey nimrod. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Even those of us with "simple minds" can figure that out.

kaplin42
06-06-2010, 11:02 AM
when does it start up again?

Saccopoo
06-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Hey nimrod. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Even those of us with "simple minds" can figure that out.

It's a chick show. I get that.

Women in todays society are basically deprived of romance, passion and adventure. (Blame Gloria Steinem I guess.) The Anne Rice version of vampires, which has been utilized, bastardized and over-emphasized over the past two decades, appeals to these notions (or lack thereof of these notions) as they are romanticized in such shows as True Blood, Twilight and the like. The fictitious portrayal of the potential for undying love through a modern medium allows the third party recipient a chance to achieve a certain, acceptable level of stimulation and satisfaction of the "I" (ego) without having to worry about the real life ramifications on the "uber I" or super ego (if you buy into the basic concepts of Freudism).

And I get the campyness of the show. However, I do think that it goes overboard and it doesn't have the same level of control and refinement of other HBO produced series with regards to production values, directorial oversight or acting subtleties.

From what I heard, it nearly didn't make it in terms of getting past the first couple of episodes, as it had the lowest initial viewers of any HBO original series. However, I think that the wider ranging social issues (as mentioned above), the popularity of the genre and the "low-brow" approach used in the acting and directing of the show appealed to a broader general viewing audience than what was initially anticipated. Once the "tabloid" publications and internets blogosphere picked up on that, the proverbial ball was rolling.

luv
06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm a True Blood fan, which, BTW, starts again next weekend, but I'm not big on the Twilight stuff. Deprived of romance? Yeah, I am. I think I'll go sulk in the pool.

Saccopoo
06-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm a True Blood fan, which, BTW, starts again next weekend, but I'm not big on the Twilight stuff. Deprived of romance? Yeah, I am. I think I'll go sulk in the pool.

Aren't we all?

Romance is as fleeting and lasting as a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Tribal Warfare
06-06-2010, 05:40 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvDThCQFbUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rvDThCQFbUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

G Tom Mac 'Cry Little Sister' (Blood Swamp Version)

formerly the Lost Boys theme

vailpass
06-06-2010, 06:16 PM
It's a chick show. I get that.

Women in todays society are basically deprived of romance, passion and adventure. (Blame Gloria Steinem I guess.) The Anne Rice version of vampires, which has been utilized, bastardized and over-emphasized over the past two decades, appeals to these notions (or lack thereof of these notions) as they are romanticized in such shows as True Blood, Twilight and the like. The fictitious portrayal of the potential for undying love through a modern medium allows the third party recipient a chance to achieve a certain, acceptable level of stimulation and satisfaction of the "I" (ego) without having to worry about the real life ramifications on the "uber I" or super ego (if you buy into the basic concepts of Freudism).

And I get the campyness of the show. However, I do think that it goes overboard and it doesn't have the same level of control and refinement of other HBO produced series with regards to production values, directorial oversight or acting subtleties.

From what I heard, it nearly didn't make it in terms of getting past the first couple of episodes, as it had the lowest initial viewers of any HBO original series. However, I think that the wider ranging social issues (as mentioned above), the popularity of the genre and the "low-brow" approach used in the acting and directing of the show appealed to a broader general viewing audience than what was initially anticipated. Once the "tabloid" publications and internets blogosphere picked up on that, the proverbial ball was rolling.

When your man has his dick in your mouth does it make you gag and cause things like this post to fall out of your hyper-expanded sphincter?

Deberg_1990
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Bump..season 3 premeire starting now
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
06-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Plaid shorts
Plaid shorts
Daddy needs too see Sookie's plaid shorts

luv
06-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Bump..season 3 premeire starting now
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't have HBO. Have to wait and download it tomorrow. :(

LaChapelle
06-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Sam with Bill's blood
has me okay with Sam's demise

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDY42pFwq7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDY42pFwq7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

True Blood theme: Bad Things