PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV True Blood

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Omaha
08-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Speaking of gay, if they had done this season exactly the same but without the Lafayette gay relationship, I would have been happier. Even though I have nothing against gay people, I don't really like watching shit like that on TV.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's not the 2 guys that bother me. It's the fact that they're boring. Lafayette was hilarious before this guy came along. I hope this is leading to something interesting.

LaChapelle
08-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Is she going to turn panther mid screw
that's hot

allen_kcCard
08-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's not the 2 guys that bother me. It's the fact that they're boring. Lafayette was hilarious before this guy came along. I hope this is leading to something interesting.

To me, it looked like Jesus was that freaky faced thing (a bone through his nose and sharp teeth and all) in the teasers for next week. I guess that V tripping that he and LaFayette did where they saw his grandfather was a lead in to Jesus being some sort of evil plot line for LaFayette to deal with.

Crazy that LaFayette was supposed to die in the first season, but they extended him instead because he was a fan favorite, and now they are creating entire plot lones for him and conjuring up some crap for him to have some sort of "power".

I haven't read the books myself, but a friend that has said last night that there was some stuff that was supposed to happen with Jason and the panthers that hasn't yet also.

keg in kc
08-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I know what you're saying. It's not the 2 guys that bother me. It's the fact that they're boring. Lafayette was hilarious before this guy came along. I hope this is leading to something interesting.The two guys bother me. I don't have any problem with homosexuality in the sense that I believe consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want to do together, but I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in watching dudes make out. When they really get into it, it turns into a fast forward moment for me.

As far as I can tell, that plotline, and the way they depicted of the teasing by Eric of the king's paramour, was more for shock value, although Eric's at least made some sense plot-wise. It's like "you've gotten lots of tits before, so now we're going to give you some in-your-face man-on-man action, and you're gonna like it!"

keg in kc
08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I haven't read the books myself, but a friend that has said last night that there was some stuff that was supposed to happen with Jason and the panthers that hasn't yet also.I haven't watched last night's yet, but a lot happens with Jason and the panthers in the books. I'm really interested to see how it goes and how people react to it.

LaChapelle
08-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Panther girl and Sam's brother seems to be a match made in heaven -when they meet
Lafayette's suggested power must be voodoo/witchcraft
which brings in the Wican waitress somewhat

allen_kcCard
08-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Panther girl and Sam's brother seems to be a match made in heaven -when they meet
Lafayette's suggested power must be voodoo/witchcraft
which brings in the Wican waitress somewhat

Wasn't it Jesus' grandpa that was doing the voodoo? I assumed because he was white, but it was confusing with them trading speaking voices back and forth like they were.

Buck
08-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Wasn't it Jesus' grandpa that was doing the voodoo? I assumed because he was white, but it was confusing with them trading speaking voices back and forth like they were.

Yes

Omaha
08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I thought it was hilarious when Hoyt punched Sam's little brother. One of the greatest fight scenes ever, IMO.

Buck
08-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I thought it was hilarious when Hoyt punched Sam's little brother. One of the greatest fight scenes ever, IMO.

Yeah, I didn't expect that out of Hoyt.

LaChapelle
08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Tara took her mother to the voodoo bitch in the swamp
so I'm thinking it's a family thing
I wonder if the mothers are sisters -they both crazy

btlook1
08-24-2010, 03:26 AM
True blood just get's better and better. I'm going to be sorry when this season is over, it's been excellent the last 3-4 weeks after starting out a little slow.

LaChapelle
08-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Sookie being a fairy is a let down
I was expecting something more exotic
unless they think fairy means lesbo and that line of thinking would have went on anyway

vailpass
08-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Sookie being a fairy is a let down
I was expecting something more exotic
unless they think fairy means lesbo and that line of thinking would have went on anyway

Some of the fay are pretty bad ass, some of them are just plain hippies.

So since Sookie's nephew can read minds too does that make him a faerie?

BWillie
08-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Haha yeah. It was like he was brushing off a gnat from his shoulder. Hilarious.

Buck
08-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Good episode. I think that was the 2nd to last episode. The finale should be good.

Let's hope Tara meets an unfortunate end.

LaChapelle
08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Tara can't die until she has a litter of border collies with sam
I find her highly fuckable

keg in kc
08-30-2010, 01:32 AM
I've had a hard time getting into this season. The whole fairy blood creating daywalkers thing doesn't work for me. The show reminds me a lot of Lost in that every season I seem to dig it a little bit less. Although assuming they stick at least a little to the books, with Eric drinking so much from her, they've set up the next season, which could well be the most interesting one to date.

Dicky McElephant
08-30-2010, 10:49 AM
1. I like this Sam better than the nice Sam.

2. I've resigned myself to the fact that Tara will never die.

3. I'm hoping to God that they don't kill off Russell......although they probably will because they kill off every major villian at the end of the seasons.

4. Arlene is now on my kill list. She's annoying and worthless.

5. Jessica needs to get nekkid.

Baby Lee
08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Episode was a little all over the place.

Still trying to wrap my head around Sam's recent mood. Has he 'snapped,' is he under a spell of some sort, are they attempting a character course correction?

Bane
08-30-2010, 01:09 PM

3. I'm hoping to God that they don't kill off Russell......although they probably will because they kill off every major villian at the end of the seasons.

:whackit::whackit::whackit:

Dicky McElephant
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Episode was a little all over the place.

Still trying to wrap my head around Sam's recent mood. Has he 'snapped,' is he under a spell of some sort, are they attempting a character course correction?

This.

Baby Lee
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
This.

At first it seemed like he'd snapped, like beating the methdad had unleashed old demons, then it seemed like a spell when he lashed out at it his brother, like he was channeling their shitass dad [music cues seemed congruent with that take], then it seemed like character correction as he and Tara talked about how alike they were. So all three, and perhaps more, remain viable, but it all falls flat for me.

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-30-2010, 02:34 PM
I like Lafayette but.... I don't really care about the new storyline they're going down with him.

BWillie
08-31-2010, 12:52 AM

I hate Russell. I will have great joy when Erik kills him. I wish they wouldnt have killed Godrick. Pretty sure he was older and more powerful than that old gay creep

Buck
08-31-2010, 01:16 AM
I am praying that Russell doesn't die for two reasons.

1. He's an epic badass and I would love more episodes with him as a recurring bad guy.
2. It'd be nice to get away from the formula of killing the bad guy at the end of every season.

Dicky McElephant
08-31-2010, 10:34 AM
I hate Russell. I will have great joy when Erik kills him. I wish they wouldnt have killed Godrick. Pretty sure he was older and more powerful than that old gay creep

Godric never should have died. I know he dies in the books.....but he could have been awesome in the show.

And Russell is a bad ass (when he's not crying over his gay lover). He brings a lot to the show....but you'll get your wish and they'll probably kill him off.

luv
08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Anyone coming to the bash that can DVR and record this season's TB episodes so far? I haven't watched a single episode all season. :(

LaChapelle
08-31-2010, 12:28 PM
I think Talbert in a jar
can make some guest appearances
ROFL

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
The weird thing about Russell is that in the books he's still alive as late as the 7th novel, and (as I recall...) not nearly the villain he is in the show. They've really taken a left turn with him. Although he's maybe the most interesting thing happening this season. Or rather the only interesting thing happening this season. Unless you think we need more Tara or Lafayette/Jesus lsd trips.

eazyb81
08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
The weird thing about Russell is that in the books he's still alive as late as the 7th novel, and (as I recall...) not nearly the villain he is in the show. They've really taken a left turn with him. Although he's maybe the most interesting thing happening this season. Or rather the only interesting thing happening this season. Unless you think we need more Tara or Lafayette/Jesus lsd trips.

Dude....spoiler alert? I know it's not exactly a spoiler since you're saying what happened in the books instead of the show, but still....would appreciate a heads up on any even potential spoiler.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Dude....spoiler alert? I know it's not exactly a spoiler since you're saying what happened in the books instead of the show, but still....would appreciate a heads up on any even potential spoiler.
I don't think it's a spoiler. The character on the TV show doesn't appear to have anything to do with the character in the book. I would have spoiler tagged it otherwise, but I think it's a situation like Lafayette (who was dead at the beginning of book 2), where they completely changed him for television. Nothing that's happened with Russell Edgington on True Blood this season even exists in the books. Sookie's blood allowing vampires outdoors in daylight, killing Eric's family a thousand years/ties to the werewolf pack/season-long conflict between Russel and Eric - it's all completely new. So suffice to say, I've read the books, and I have no idea what's going to happen in the finale. Nothing spoiled...

Omaha
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM

My wife has read the books & she's always trying to tell me how it happened in the books.

Fish
09-01-2010, 12:51 AM
At first it seemed like he'd snapped, like beating the methdad had unleashed old demons, then it seemed like a spell when he lashed out at it his brother, like he was channeling their shitass dad [music cues seemed congruent with that take], then it seemed like character correction as he and Tara talked about how alike they were. So all three, and perhaps more, remain viable, but it all falls flat for me.

I'm seeing the same thing. There's got to be something unnatural about it. The way they've focused on it during scenes with key characters for him. But they've been inconsistent with it...

Fish
09-01-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't think it's a spoiler. The character on the TV show doesn't appear to have anything to do with the character in the book. I would have spoiler tagged it otherwise, but I think it's a situation like Lafayette (who was dead at the beginning of book 2), where they completely changed him for television. Nothing that's happened with Russell Edgington on True Blood this season even exists in the books. Sookie's blood allowing vampires outdoors in daylight, killing Eric's family a thousand years/ties to the werewolf pack/season-long conflict between Russel and Eric - it's all completely new. So suffice to say, I've read the books, and I have no idea what's going to happen in the finale. Nothing spoiled...

It's stayed about as true to the book as Starship Troopers...

BWillie
09-01-2010, 01:10 AM

Next Season they should...

Kill Tara (preaching to the choir) or at least make her not as annoying. Maybe put some spell on her to make her caring and down to earth

More vampire fights. Enough said.

Go more into the vampire cast system. I love that stuff.

Jessica's tits.

Give Sookie some sort of power that in the right scenario can kill vampires

No more gay surprise butt sechs. Make Lafayette integrated into the main story line w/out a love interest

LaChapelle
09-01-2010, 06:06 PM
They've showed enough men kissing on tv that I've gotten use to it
they'll move on to thrusting under the sheets next
they feel it's their duty to make the gay lifestyle ordinary

LaChapelle
09-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I like how they wrapped up
and set up for next season

Bane
09-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I didn't like that episode at all.They totally undid almost everything they set up during the whole episode.Turrible!!!!!

Tribal Warfare
09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
I didn't like that episode at all.They totally undid almost everything they set up during the whole episode.Turrible!!!!!

I was pretty indifferent about it also, I was waiting for another twist like a badass Werewolf that's not a Vampire's bitch that shows up.

Bane
09-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I was pretty indifferent about it also, I was waiting for another twist like a badass Werewolf that's not a Vampire's bitch that shows up.

Maybe I expect too much out of it,but I was very disappointed in it.I just feel like absolutely nothing got accomplished in that episode.Well Tara did get a hair cut,so yeah......

keg in kc
09-13-2010, 03:33 AM
The fuck was that??

Jesus, that was awful.

Fucking brutal.

OmahaChief
09-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Not impressed in the least with the finale. In fact it border line sucked.

Bane
09-13-2010, 08:46 AM
The **** was that??

Jesus, that was awful.

****ing brutal.

It was horrible IMO.I re watched it this morning thinking maybe I was just being too subjective.:shake: Nah,it sucked ass on an epic level.

LaChapelle
09-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Sookie will go learn about her powers(if she's allowed to remember)
Next season is Lafayette's it's about witches
Is Sam a natural born killer(girlfriend) or just shot his half brother in the leg
Tara went off to find herself -her mother is a fraud
Eric survives and Russel is left with an opening to come back(sorry Talbert)
Bill has to win Sookie back-again
Jason has responsibilities now
Jessica and Hoyt set up shop-momma's backing heat
Stupid red headed waitress's baby has horns

NewChief
09-13-2010, 09:21 AM
This is sort of interesting:
http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/2010/09/11/true_blood_nihilism/index.html
The rise of "True Blood's" nihilistic vampire
Bill Compton's recent bad behavior on the HBO show upends what we learned from "Twilight" and "Buffy"
BY KATHERINE DON

HBO
Stephen Moyer in "True Blood"
During this season of "True Blood," Bill Compton, the show's "good-guy" vampire love interest, has done some very bad things. It all began during the third episode of the season. Bill had been kidnapped by the Vampire King of Mississippi and forced to live in a mansion with Lorena, his maker and ex-lover. By the end of the episode, Bill had attacked her and initiated a bloody sexual encounter that made the carnage of a Rob Zombie horror film seem like a jaunt in fairyland. In the following episode, Bill ate a stripper. Four episodes later, Bill almost killed Sookie, the very woman he has gone to extra-vampire lengths to protect.

Surely there must be an excuse for all this misbehavior. Bill was confused; he was surrounded by evil vampires, separated from his sweetheart and convinced that he could never truly be "good." But, Freudian issues aside, Bill's behavior is testament to the ways in which "True Blood's" politics diverge dramatically from those two other juggernauts of vampire pop culture: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Twilight." While these two were, respectively, liberal and conservative in their overall message, "True Blood" (whose season finale airs tonight on HBO) is a new species of vampire saga: A nihilistic pop culture phenomenon.

Bill's predecessors, Angel from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and Edward from the "Twilight" series, are similar to Bill in many ways. Angel, Edward and Bill are all soft-spoken, achingly attractive and ashamed of their vampire nature. Each has a human love interest to protect. Each rejects the impulse of homicidal mania. Each is ashamed of his past. Each has a rival suitor (Spike, Jacob, Eric) with unscrupulous yearnings for their girlfriend. And each circumvents the ability to act well with the ability to master the intense, woebegone gaze.

But there are also conspicuous differences.

In Buffy's third season, Angel fed on Buffy in a scene incredibly reminiscent of Bill's recent feast on Sookie. In both cases, their loved one (Buffy and Sookie) needed to save their dying vampire boyfriends and demanded that they get the blood sucked out of them. But Angel cut his meal short, whereas Bill kept on slurping. After the incident, Angel was so ashamed that he left Buffy, for good. Bill, meanwhile, convinced Sookie to return to him, and before long they were having sex in the shower. Edward, too, fed upon Bella, his own damsel of choice. In Edward's case, he did it to save Bella, whose blood has been contaminated with the venom of their nemesis. He briefly munched at her wrist, but soon forced himself to stop. Compared to Angel and Bill, Edward was a downright Boy Scout.

These small but telling differences reveal a great deal about the politics of each series, and the politics of their creators. "Buffy" creator Joss Whedon is a liberal, a feminist and a humanist. Whedon's political views, though nuanced, are straightforwardly liberal. In the "Buffy" series, vampires don't have souls, which allows them to kill with such ease: Due to an ancient Gypsy curse, Angel was re-ensouled, and thereafter stopped sucking the blood from innocent necks. The show takes for granted that, with a soul, Angel will try to be good -- and with the support of people who love him, he will succeed. It's the classically liberal belief that people will be good when one's life situation fosters goodness. If you're born into a bad situation (or without a soul), it's not really your fault when you're bad. If you're given opportunity (a soul, the support of others, a solid Ivy League education), you just might be a success story.

Compare that to the conservative ideology of "Twilight." The movies are based on the book series by Stephenie Meyer, a politically conservative Mormon. Meyer's vampires all lust for blood, but some vampires opt-in on vegetarianism: They resist temptation and choose to abstain from eating people. Edward killed people when he was a young vampire, but after becoming a part of the vegetarian Cullen family, he learned how to make the correct moral decisions. Nevertheless, it's a continuous effort; his bloodlust never subsides, and his struggle therefore is eternal.

Edward embodies the conservative idea that an individual can overcome life's obstacles, and, through hard work and tenacity, be good.

In a 2008 roundup of citizen interview questions by Time Magazine, Meyer said, "Being Mormon is a big part of who I am, and I try very hard to live the right way, but I don't know that I'm an example. I hate to say, 'Yes, look at me. I'm a good example of being Mormon.' I want to be the best person I can be, so in that respect, maybe I'm a good example.'" It's the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" approach to vampirism. Being good isn't easy, but it's possible.

And then there's "True Blood." As with "Twilight," "True Blood" doesn't make a categorical demarcation between vampires with souls and vampires without them; the soul situation is not fixed, and vampires can choose to feed on a synthetic blood drink -- Tru Blood -- instead of human blood. In this sense, "Twilight" and "True Blood" vamps are more analogous to humans than are Buffy vamps; there are good ones, there are bad ones, and there are those in-between. But "True Blood's" moral geography is relentlessly complex. Each character wavers between goodness and badness with such frequency that an almost nihilistic philosophy emerges. One week Bill's gorging on a stripper, and a few weeks later he's resumed his role as Sookie's faithful watchvamp.

Bill isn't the only character with a constantly shifting moral compass. Newly-sired vampire Jessica killed a trucker, but then felt bad about it. Jason Stackhouse shot and killed Tara's boyfriend – but then felt really bad about it. Sam, who had seemed like the boy-next-door character, turned out to be an ex-murderer and con man. Lafayette is a drug dealer. Tara's kind of a bitch (but feels really bad about it). 

It's a radically leftist (and trenchantly contemporary) stance of moral relativity and unending existential crisis. In the "True Blood" world, there's no way to trust anyone; no way to predict anyone's actions; no fixed ruler with which to measure anybody's choices. Before "True Blood," Ball's creations ("Six Feet Under," "American Beauty") were philosophically nuanced, but "True Blood" offers a remarkably macabre and elusive depiction of morality.

One could argue that this emerging nihilism aligns with a politically confused and nihilistic mood in the real-world United States. In 1997, when "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" premiered, things were a little different. The president's most publicized transgression was a sexual harassment lawsuit. The Democratic and Republican parties seemed to be two distinct groups with two cohesive agendas. "Beverly Hills, 90210" was the acme of televised teen debauchery, and the soon-to-premiere "Dawson's Creek" now seems cringe-worthingly quaint. These days, for many Americans, fringe political groups like the Tea Party seem more trustworthy than the establishment. Even vampire rape scenes don't seem that strange when compared with reality TV, and hit dramas like "Lost" and "Weeds" grapple with moralistic identity crises.

Part of the appeal of "True Blood" has always been the ways in which its universe overlaps with the real world, from its gay rights movement metaphors to its broadsides at evangelical Christianity. In "True Blood," the vampire kings and queens of each state are transparent metaphors for senators. The American Vampire League (pro-vamp) and the Fellowship of the Sun (anti-vamp) are parodies of the corrupt interest groups that influence American politicians. The show's campy, humorous approach to depicting these groups speak to a world that's so screwed up, the only thing to do is throw up your hands and laugh about it.

And so Bill Compton may be awfully confused about what's right and what's wrong, but the world he inhabits is just as confused as he is.

Katherine Don is an editorial fellow at Salon. More Katherine Don

eazyb81
09-13-2010, 09:21 AM
They set-up some good storylines for next season, but it was annoying that nothing - not one story - was resolved in this episode.

It was great seeing Talbot go down the disposal.

Thoughts on the doll that they flashed to in Hoyt's new house? Didn't his old girlfriend like dolls?

Jesus is going to eventually be exposed as one bad ass demon. Maybe Lafayette's mom isn't so crazy.

Tara won't be gone forever, but hopefully she is gone for at least next season.

Omaha
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM

Based on your username, I feel like you are a badass. :D

vailpass
09-14-2010, 05:02 PM
How far into the season will it take before the episode where Sookie gets bukaked by Eric, Bill, the werewolf guy, and Sam with the vampire queen drinking it up as fast as the boys can pump it out?

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-15-2010, 06:35 AM
How far into the season will it take before the episode where Sookie gets bukaked by Eric, Bill, the werewolf guy, and Sam with the vampire queen drinking it up as fast as the boys can pump it out?

Well, the werewolf guy is dead.

LaChapelle
09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
As long as there is vamp blood they can bring back the dead
unless you get your brains splatted in the dirt -I guess

OmahaChief
09-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Based on your username, I feel like you are a badass. :D

I have that feeling at times as well.

vailpass
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, the werewolf guy is dead.

Was that who Bill sent to kill Pam then Pam killed him instead? From what I've seen of this show being dead is not a barrier to appearing in the next episode.
Any chance of Jesus and Tarra getting drained, dismembered, cremated and buried in the wet cement from which Eric escaped?

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Was that who Bill sent to kill Pam then Pam killed him instead?

I thought so. But I just looked it up and it was Rueben that she killed.

My mistake.

vailpass
09-15-2010, 03:12 PM
I thought so. But I just looked it up and it was Rueben that she killed.

My mistake.

Hard to keep all the fugging names straight.
Ya think Sam shot his little brother or did he take a miss?

DJ's left nut
09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't catch this show often, so most of this is irrelevant to me.

However, I have one pressing question...

Who the !@#$ was the nekked girl in the car at the end of the episode where the bad guy pulled the news guy's spine out?

Holy balls, that girl was unreal amounts of hot.

I would subscribe to HBO if it meant every episode ended with that girl naked in a car with a chick between her thighs....

/end teenage angst....

LaChapelle
09-15-2010, 06:20 PM
That was the nicest set of tits I think I have ever seen
she was built like a woman should be built -curvy

keg in kc
09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
And she's got the most incredible body too and a pair of titties that make you wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk. Ass like a ten year old boy!

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
And she's got the most incredible body too and a pair of titties that make you wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk. Ass like a ten year old boy!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3YJ71gdoy8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3YJ71gdoy8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BWillie
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Hard to keep all the fugging names straight.
Ya think Sam shot his little brother or did he take a miss?

I think most of the audience tends to like Sam. I wouldn't think they would want to alienate his character. In the previous scene where he killed the guy and his ex-gf you kinda have some pity for him, but if he just straight up shoots to kill his brother, then it's hard to do that. I think he either shoots him in the leg, or just shoots by him to scare him but hey what do I know.

Valiant
09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Next Season they should...

Kill Tara (preaching to the choir) or at least make her not as annoying. Maybe put some spell on her to make her caring and down to earth

More vampire fights. Enough said.

Go more into the vampire cast system. I love that stuff.

Jessica's tits.

Give Sookie some sort of power that in the right scenario can kill vampires

No more gay surprise butt sechs. Make Lafayette integrated into the main story line w/out a love interest

Hopefully they got the hint everyone hates Tara and keep her gone on vacation for her new life..

Omaha
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Hopefully they got the hint everyone hates Tara and keep her gone on vacation for her new life..

Well, now she's got short hair.... Does that change anyone's mind?

vailpass
09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, now she's got short hair.... Does that change anyone's mind?

Who cares what her back looks like? I still hate her.

Dicky McElephant
09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Just watched the last episode last night.

It was meh.

Fish
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
It seemed like they were too intent on focusing on the characters going their separate ways. The episode came off pretty flat other than anticipation for next season..

Dicky McElephant
09-17-2010, 12:10 PM
It seemed like they were too intent on focusing on the characters going their separate ways. The episode came off pretty flat other than anticipation for next season..

I didn't mind the whole Sookie/Bill/Eric storyline.

The Jason Stackhouse storyline went retarded. The Sam one is interesting.

Please tell me that Tara is leaving. I'm sure she's not....but I can hope.

Shogun
11-16-2010, 01:05 AM
I really hope Tara leaves. I hate that bitch.

Cant wait for next season

Buck
11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
I really hope Tara leaves. I hate that bitch.

Cant wait for next season

Holler.

keg in kc
04-07-2011, 06:48 PM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1171264"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Waiting Sucks: Pam&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1171264%26filter=true-blood%26view=null"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1171264" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Waiting Sucks: Pam&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1171264%26filter=true-blood%26view=null" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object><br><div><a title="Waiting Sucks: Pam" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1171264&autoplay=true">Waiting Sucks: Pam</a></div>

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I heard the 3rd season was full off gheyness, literally and figuratively. Is that true fellas? I liked the first two seasons even though Snookie got on my fucking nerves. She'd get all pissed off then someone would save her ass, then she's cool. Then she'd get all pissed off, then someone would save her ass....It was a vicious cycle. Plus she was always talkin shit to the vamps. BITCH WE ARE VAMPIRES.....WE WILL EAT YOU SIT THE FUCK DOWN!!!!!

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-08-2011, 02:07 PM
There was plenty of gayness but the 3rd season was better then the second.

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:09 PM
There was plenty of gayness but the 3rd season was better then the second.

Really? I might have to rent it when it comes out

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Really? I might have to rent it when it comes out

You'll like Russell. Great character.

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Have they shown what sooks power is yet

Buck
04-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Sort of...

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Hopefully, I can still stand Sookie. Man, I wanted to kill that bitch myself by the end of season

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I'd hit it first though

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Hopefully, I can still stand Sookie. Man, I wanted to kill that bitch myself by the end of season

I like that Sookie gets naked alot. Unlike that bitch, Tara.

Buck
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Haha, yeah man. Not as bad as Tara though.

Although they did introduce Russell last year and he is a complete badass.

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I like that Sookie gets naked alot. Unlike that bitch, Tara.

The women pointed out to me that Sook got a boob job between 1 and 2 and I guess she wanted to show it off. Fine by me...lol
Yea it must be in Tara's contract to never ever fucking ever take her clothes off. She is the only one that hasn't shown the goods, besides that one red head chick

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Haha, yeah man. Not as bad as Tara though.

Although they did introduce Russell last year and he is a complete badass.

Yea they can do without her character

Radar Chief
04-08-2011, 03:14 PM

I find I can stand her more in direct proportion to how few clothes she’s wearing.
Sookie and her skimpy short shorts are why I started watching the show.

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
lol.....Don't get me wrong, she is hot. Sometimes I just wish she would stop whining and realize, THIS IS VAMP BUSINESS, BITCH!!

Mr. Laz
04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/410/truebloodo.jpg

vailpass
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM

http://culturemob.com/what-is-sookie-stackhouse-a-look-at-the-evidence-in-%E2%80%98true-blood%E2%80%99#

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 04:27 PM
http://culturemob.com/what-is-sookie-stackhouse-a-look-at-the-evidence-in-%E2%80%98true-blood%E2%80%99#

Dammit, I tried not to read it...couldn't resist. That's pretty cool. Thanks

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm just gonna throw this out there and if you don't like it you can just throw it right back, but does anyone think that the creatures in this story could possibly be real in this realm or any other...I know I know...kook right.....just answer the question please.

Radar Chief
04-08-2011, 04:37 PM
lol.....Don't get me wrong, she is hot. Sometimes I just wish she would stop whining and realize, THIS IS VAMP BUSINESS, BITCH!!

I know. How many freak'n times was she going to get pissed at Bill and say, “If you do (such and such) I don’t think I could ever forgive you” then stomp off in a huff?

Radar Chief
04-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm just gonna throw this out there and if you don't like it you can just throw it right back, but does anyone think that the creatures in this story could possibly be real in this realm or any other...I know I know...kook right.....just answer the question please.

I have a herd of unicorns grazing in the back 40 now. Doesn't everyone?

Buck
04-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Just the humans.

durtyrute
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I know. How many freak'n times was she going to get pissed at Bill and say, “If you do (such and such) I don’t think I could ever forgive you” then stomp off in a huff?

:LOL: That shit drives me crazy. BITCH, WE ARE VAMPIRES...VAMPIRES!!!, WE WILL KILL YOU

keg in kc
05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1181120"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Witches vs. Vampires&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1181120%26filter=true-blood%26view=null"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1181120" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Witches vs. Vampires&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1181120%26filter=true-blood%26view=null" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object><br><div><a title="Witches vs. Vampires" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1181120&autoplay=true">Witches vs. Vampires</a></div>

Molitoth
05-19-2011, 10:35 AM

Sookie ruins the show imo. Whiney little bitch. And Tara is nothing but a whiny little bitch since Eggs got killed.

Molitoth
05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
The characters holding the show together are Eric Northman and Jason Stackhouse.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Sookie has nice bewbies, though.

vailpass
05-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Sookie ruins the show imo. Whiney little bitch. And Tara is nothing but a whiny little bitch since Eggs got killed.

The characters holding the show together are Eric Northman and Jason Stackhouse.

WTF? Do you get a different HBO version than I do?

Molitoth
05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
WTF? Do you get a different HBO version than I do?

"How many freak'n times was she going to get pissed at Bill and say, “If you do (such and such) I don’t think I could ever forgive you” then stomp off in a huff?"

Does this not bother you? It's the same shit. Sookie gets pissed off, runs away... Bill saves her... shes back in love.

On the other hand, Jason somehow finds himself in hilarious situations.... and Eric is well, just a badass.

keg in kc
05-19-2011, 01:36 PM
"How many freak'n times was she going to get pissed at Bill and say, “If you do (such and such) I don’t think I could ever forgive you” then stomp off in a huff?"

Does this not bother you? It's the same shit. Sookie gets pissed off, runs away... Bill saves her... shes back in love.

On the other hand, Jason somehow finds himself in hilarious situations.... and Eric is well, just a badass.I think, if I remember the books correctly, and if they stick to them at least remotely, that you may like where they go this season. Although I also may be a season or two ahead of myself.

vailpass
05-19-2011, 01:38 PM

On the other hand, Jason somehow finds himself in hilarious situations.... and Eric is well, just a badass.

Oh, yes, totally agree that Sookie's shit gets real old real fast.
Jason bores me too though; pretty much the same dumb redneck doing funny redneck things.
While we are at it Sam and his hick family could all dissapear and I wouldn't care.

IMHO Eric, Bill, Sookie, Lafayette (minus the gay scenes) and the other vamps like King, Queen, Magister, Jessica etc. keep/kept the show going along with the new supernaturals like Mary Anne and now I guess witches.
Oh and Franklin was funny as hell.

Molitoth
05-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I think, if I remember the books correctly, and if they stick to them at least remotely, that you may like where they go this season. Although I also may be a season or two ahead of myself.

I haven't read the books, but from the comparisons I've read online Season 1 sticks closely to the book, while the other seasons are nowhere near the book.

keg in kc
05-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I haven't read the books, but from the comparisons I've read online Season 1 sticks closely to the book, while the other seasons are nowhere near the book.They still put most of what I'd characterize as the main story of the books into the series, they just change or tweak some things (like Lafayette dying) and create some subplots that don't exist at all in the books.

Ironically, the show is, in my opinion of course, much better when they stick closer to the books. It starts to fall apart when they get 'creative'. Not that there's anything wrong with creativity, and I'm not saying they should stick slavishly to the source material. I'm fine if they go their own direction, as long as they do it well, which often, unfortunately, they have not.

Buck
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Sounds like a woman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
and Eric is well, just a badass.

I want to revise this.

Eric WAS a badass in the first season and a half.
They have somewhat drained the mystique/dark side/hardass out of him.... cut his hair, and made him too.... nice? or something.
I still like his character, and I think the actor does a nice job... although I liked the Eric of the earlier Seasons moreso.

Buck
05-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Hopefully they kill off somebody this year. This isn't really one of those shows where any of the main cast can die at any time.

The most main person to die was Rene in season 1. Out of Sookie, Bill, Eric, Pam, Lafayette, Jason, Hoyt, Jessica, and Tara, they can afford one of them to die. Hopefully Tara.

Molitoth
05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I agree there Buck. Tara's character has been absolute garbage since they let Eggs die.
Personally I thought it was a stupid move killing off Eggs.

Dicky McElephant
05-19-2011, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't mind them killing off Hoyt.....just to see Jessica go fucking nuts.

Buck
05-19-2011, 07:04 PM
In order of people who could possibly die and there would still be a show (no Sookie, Eric, or Bill) I would say:

1. Tara
2. Pam
3. Lafayette
4. Hoyt
5. Jason
6. Jessica

Jessica after Jason just because she's hot as fuck and I want her babies.

CHENZ A!
05-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I would be pissed if they kill Lafayette. That's one of the best characters IMO.

Buck
05-19-2011, 11:12 PM
I would be pissed if they kill Lafayette. That's one of the best characters IMO.

I thought so until his storyline got SUPER GAY last season.

I don't have anything against gay people, but I don't really like watching gay stuff.

CHENZ A!
05-19-2011, 11:30 PM
I thought so until his storyline got SUPER GAY last season.

I don't have anything against gay people, but I don't really like watching gay stuff.

Yeah last season was disappointing in his storyline. I'm not a big fan of watching two dudes cuddle and make out either. I bet Eric turns him into a vampire this season and he returns to his badassedness.

keg in kc
06-14-2011, 02:14 PM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1186083"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Season 4: The 8 Minute Sneak Peek&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1186083%26filter=true-blood%26view=null"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1186083" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Season 4: The 8 Minute Sneak Peek&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1186083%26filter=true-blood%26view=null" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object><br><div><a title="Season 4: The 8 Minute Sneak Peek" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1186083&autoplay=true">Season 4: The 8 Minute Sneak Peek</a></div>

Fish
06-14-2011, 02:39 PM
WTF did I just watch? Looks like season 4 is going to take a serious right turn.

vailpass
06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Witchy crafty bad land of the lost special effects kinda weirdy.

Dicky McElephant
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Ummm......what?

eazyb81
06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I've been a loyal True Blood fan, but honestly it feels kind of boring after a season of Game of Thrones.

I'm sure I will still watch though, simply because there is nothing else on.

DJ's left nut
06-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't catch this show often, so most of this is irrelevant to me.

However, I have one pressing question...

Who the !@#$ was the nekked girl in the car at the end of the episode where the bad guy pulled the news guy's spine out?

Holy balls, that girl was unreal amounts of hot.

I would subscribe to HBO if it meant every episode ended with that girl naked in a car with a chick between her thighs....

/end teenage angst....

So...uh....did anyone ever figure out who that naked chick was?

vailpass
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
So...uh....did anyone ever figure out who that naked chick was?

She was just a blood bag for the big-wig vampire lady, nothign more. They pull hotties out of strip clubs and such then drain them dry in the backseat of their limousines.
And yes she was hotter than a two dollar pistol.

Dicky McElephant
06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Just ordered HBO.

Bowser
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Looked like a SyFy movie of the week.

KcMizzou
06-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Looked like a SyFy movie of the week.Seriously. WTF was that?

I'll still check it out, but damn.

This is not going to help my Game of Thrones withdrawal.

btlook1
06-24-2011, 03:57 AM
I think it looks interesting....the story needs to change after last season...you can only have so much vampire stuff.

Dicky McElephant
06-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I think it looks interesting....the story needs to change after last season...you can only have so much vampire stuff.

Ummm....its a show about vampires. What do you expect?

vailpass
06-24-2011, 03:16 PM
When it happens the Eric/Sookie grudge fuck scene is going to be epic. He will cold-dick pound that telepath pussy into fairy dust.

Buck
06-27-2011, 12:42 AM
So that was weird....Bill was called "your majesty" by the chick who was spying on the witches.

Also Eric thinks he owns Sookie. We didn't even see Alcide. I wonder if he is going to fight Eric for her honor.

Buck
06-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Anyone gonna watch ep 2 on HBO Go early?

...also...this show ain't no GoT. :(

Tribal Warfare
06-27-2011, 01:11 AM
It looks like Jessica is going to go on a fuck parade this season

btlook1
06-27-2011, 02:19 AM
It looks like Jessica is going to go on a **** parade this season

Like the twist at the start...I wonder where they are going to take it.....jessica getting naked= awesome!!

Rausch
06-27-2011, 03:43 AM
I watched the first two seasons and once it went from "our world + vampires" to "Heroes- only darker" I kind of quit giving a fuck.

I like the actors and love the creator of the series but it just went south for me.

Is it worth going back (via Neflix) and catching up or are people still turning into terriers and witches and other random BS that just seems silly?...

keg in kc
06-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Premiere was okay once they got past the fairy bullshit in the first 10 minutes or so.

PhillyChiefFan
06-27-2011, 05:54 AM

This. I have been spoiled by GoT.

I thought this episode was kind of all over the place. Like they were trying to cram 3 episodes into 1.

In other news, Tara or now Tony still annoys the sh*t out of me.

Great Expectations
06-27-2011, 09:09 AM
At least Tara might have an interesting scene now.

Treme > True Blood, it is a disservice to GoT to even compare them.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-27-2011, 09:53 AM
After GoT, True Blood is like watching Desperate Housewives. I don't think I can watch it anymore.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
And just when I thought Tara couldn't be anymore worthless and annoying........they go and turn her into a lesbian cage fighter. Fuck you True Blood.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
After GoT, True Blood is like watching Desperate Housewives. I don't think I can watch it anymore.

So....you're just not going to watch any more TV now because of GoT?

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-27-2011, 10:47 AM
So....you're just not going to watch any more TV now because of GoT?

Maybe it wasn't GoT's fault but I just couldn't handle last night's episode of True Blood.

Breaking Bad is coming on in July. That will give me a drama to watch. Otherwise, I can always watch sports.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM

I just went and signed up for it. I'm going to watch Episode 2 at lunch today.

HBO Go is actually pretty sweet. They have all 10 episodes of GoT. So it looks like I've got something to do for the next 10 days on my lunch hour.

L.A. Chieffan
06-27-2011, 01:12 PM
at one time the cheesyness was part of the charm,this show is garbage now.

Fish
06-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks like True Blood has jumped the shark for me. What was once a guilty pleasure is now a confusing D-rate scifi mess. When the fairies turned evil and ugly, and started throwing "fairy bombs", I nearly turned it off right there.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Looks like True Blood has jumped the shark for me. What was once a guilty pleasure is now a confusing D-rate scifi mess. When the fairies turned evil and ugly, and started throwing "fairy bombs", I nearly turned it off right there.

Sookie's whole fairy plot has been dumb from the beginning. I know they need to follow the books.....but JFC.

I'm more interested in all of the side plots this season.

keg in kc
06-27-2011, 02:53 PM
The fairy stuff in the books isn't anything like the fairy stuff on the TV show. It actually makes sense in the books. Which shouldn't be a big surprise at this point, with the way they've butchered the werewolf stuff and appear to be butchering the witch stuff.

I don't care if they diverge from the books. As long as it's good. But the show has a pretty substantial track record of getting bad when they get "creative".

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 03:08 PM
The fairy stuff in the books isn't anything like the fairy stuff on the TV show. It actually makes sense in the books. Which shouldn't be a big surprise at this point, with the way they've butchered the werewolf stuff and appear to be butchering the witch stuff.

I don't care if they diverge from the books. As long as it's good. But the show has a pretty substantial track record of getting bad when they get "creative".

My wife has read all of the books....and 2 minutes into the opening of the show last night....she just blurts out "What the fuck was that supposed to be?".

Radar Chief
06-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Show needs to spend less time on Sookie emoting and more time with her nekid.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 03:51 PM
The second episode was better than the first.

Buck
06-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm actually ok with Tara lezzing out somewhere far way from Bon Temps.

Also you catch some side-nip of Sookie when she throws the robe....believe me I rewound it like 4 times. I'm gonna watch ep 2 on HBO Go if I can figure it out.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm actually ok with Tara lezzing out somewhere far way from Bon Temps.

Also you catch some side-nip of Sookie when she throws the robe....believe me I rewound it like 4 times. I'm gonna watch ep 2 on HBO Go if I can figure it out.

It's not hard.

Choose your provider and sign into your account.
Setup your HBO Go account.
Go from there.

It's actually pretty cool.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I wish I could watch HBO Go on the PS3.

Buck
06-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow. Episode 2 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Spoilers

Who is the "One true vampire authority" that Nan mentioned when she crowned Bill the King of Louisiana?

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow. Episode 2 was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

Spoilers

Who is the "One true vampire authority" that Nan mentioned when she crowned Bill the King of Louisiana?

Told you.

No clue. The end of the episode was fucking awesome though.

Buck
06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Told you.

No clue. The end of the episode was fucking awesome though.

Fucking seriously.

Necromancers have the ability to control Vampires? That's awesome. I wonder if Eric just got his brain temporarily wiped or if its completely gone, or if he's under witch control. And I guess Jason is going to be a panther now.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Fucking seriously.

Necromancers have the ability to control Vampires? That's awesome. I wonder if Eric just got his brain temporarily wiped or if its completely gone, or if he's under witch control. And I guess Jason is going to be a panther now.

I'm going to assume that it was just temporarily wiped because they showed an overview of the season after the first episode and he was fine for most of it.

Jason as a panther sounds a lot better than the shit that he has been doing.

Fruit Ninja
06-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I like how everyone bashes the show, yet the ratings get better and better. lol

okcchief
06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I pretty much hated the first episode but the second one brought me back in. I definitely think GOT helped it in looking like shit as a few have said.

eazyb81
06-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Just watched the first episode last night - WTF was with that first fairy scene? That was garbage. I have no clue what they were thinking.

I'm thinking Bill killed Sophie Anne at the end of the last season and has taken over as King of Louisiana. Fortunately it sounds like episode two was much better than the first.

Fish
06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Episode 2 was much much better. Dragging me back in dammit....

Dicky McElephant
06-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Just watched the first episode last night - WTF was with that first fairy scene? That was garbage. I have no clue what they were thinking.

I'm thinking Bill killed Sophie Anne at the end of the last season and has taken over as King of Louisiana. Fortunately it sounds like episode two was much better than the first.

I completely blocked that first fairy scene out of my mind.

Episode 2 was WAY better than the first episode.

vailpass
06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
LOL at judging the whole season by the season premier.
The first episode is nothing but tying up last season and starting to set story lines for the rest of the season.
Showing Tara's ugly ass was pretty bad though.

BigRedChief
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
I pretty much hated the first episode but the second one brought me back in. I definitely think GOT helped it in looking like shit as a few have said.Comparing GOT to True Blood is like comparing Caddyshack to Dude, Wheres my car.

vailpass
06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Comparing GOT to True Blood is like comparing Caddyshack to Dude, Wheres my car.

For god's sake, both are pretend stories and nothing more. Let's not act like GOT occupies some sort of deep and meaningful ground.

Dicky McElephant
06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
For god's sake, both are pretend stories and nothing more. Let's not act like GOT occupies some sort of deep and meaningful ground.

This.

Who the fuck started the comparison of these two shows?

They're two different shows about two different things. I could understand if you were comparing two different shows about vampires.....but you're not.

Dude.....Pawn Stars is WAY better than Desperate Housewives.

Buck
06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
This.

Who the fuck started the comparison of these two shows?

They're two different shows about two different things. I could understand if you were comparing two different shows about vampires.....but you're not.

Dude.....Pawn Stars is WAY better than Desperate Housewives.

The comparison comes from the fact that our last 10 Sundays at 9 pm were spent watching GoT on HBO and now our Sundays at 9 pm are spent watching True Blood on HBO.

Dicky McElephant
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
The comparison comes from the fact that our last 10 Sundays at 9 pm were spent watching GoT on HBO and now our Sundays at 9 pm are spent watching True Blood on HBO.

Which is not a comparison at all.

vailpass
06-28-2011, 06:21 PM

9 pm? DVR FTW MFer.

Dicky McElephant
06-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I DVR True Blood at 6 pm.

okcchief
06-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Which is not a comparison at all.

It's not a comparison it's a letdown.

Second episode was good though. GOT set a high bar for all HBO and SHO shows.

vailpass
06-28-2011, 07:10 PM
It's not a comparison it's a letdown.

Second episode was good though. GOT set a high bar for all HBO and SHO shows.

Sopranos, Wire, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Rome, etc. etc.
GOT is very good but let's not get dramatic here, it is another very good HBO series that also has some fan boys from the books.

BigRedChief
06-28-2011, 07:14 PM
For god's sake, both are pretend stories and nothing more. Let's not act like GOT occupies some sort of deep and meaningful ground.I've not read the GOT books. It holds no special place in my heart etc. I wasn't comparing them in any way but for the "quality" comparison. I could use Boardwalk too. Way better quality series than True Blood also.

bowener
06-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Can't we all just be thankful that it isn't fucking Twilight? I know I am.

vailpass
06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
I've not read the GOT books. It holds no special place in my heart etc. I wasn't comparing them in any way but for the "quality" comparison. I could use Boardwalk too. Way better quality series than True Blood also.

I wasn't singling you out BRC, apologies if it seemed so. In no way am I arguing TB is any better than other shows.

okcchief
06-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Sopranos, Wire, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Rome, etc. etc.
GOT is very good but let's not get dramatic here, it is another very good HBO series that also has some fan boys from the books.

I love all of those shows and they are in the same ballpark. I guess I should have said current series. I just started reading the books after the series started so I was no fan boy coming in.

True Blood is good but it's in the middle tier of the movie channels series.

Los Pollos Hermanos
06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Can't we all just be thankful that it isn't fucking Twilight? I know I am.

It's Twilight with titties.

keg in kc
06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
I didn't realize there was some kind of moratorium on comparing the quality of shows from different genres. Memo must've been lost in my spam folder.

Molitoth
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Tried to watch Episode 2 I found on torrent but the quality was not good.

Dicky McElephant
06-29-2011, 11:53 AM
It's Twilight with titties.

Now I know you're fucking stupid.

True Blood is no where close to Twilight.

I'll go ahead and compare Game of Thrones to The Hobbit. And by that I mean the 1977 cartoon version.

Fish
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Tried to watch Episode 2 I found on torrent but the quality was not good.

It has only been released in web format at this point. So there's not a good source to get a quality rip from. Once the episode actually airs this weekend, you'll find a bunch of top quality rips out there.

vailpass
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I didn't realize there was some kind of moratorium on comparing the quality of shows from different genres. Memo must've been lost in my spam folder.

:D

keg in kc
07-18-2011, 04:36 AM
The show has completely fallen off a cliff. They're trying to do too many storylines, and the main plot (Eric/Sookie) is getting swamped by all the lame subplots. It's just too much garbage. Tommy and Hoyt's mom, the witches, Bill as king, Sam and his new girl (as hot as she is...), Hoyt and Jessica, Jason and Hotshot, the list goes on and on and on. The episode last night was like an hour of paint drying with a few cool moments strewn about.

And it doesn't help that it's on right after Boardwalk Empire (which I didn't watch last year, so it's new to me). I don't know who decided that was good programming, but watching True Blood after that's like trying to drink Keystone Light after savoring a couple pints of Guinness.

Dicky McElephant
07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
It's meh. I was hoping the storylines with Jessica and Jason would be better....but they aren't.

At least Eric is comic relief right now.

Fruit Ninja
07-19-2011, 02:51 AM
The show has completely fallen off a cliff. They're trying to do too many storylines, and the main plot (Eric/Sookie) is getting swamped by all the lame subplots. It's just too much garbage. Tommy and Hoyt's mom, the witches, Bill as king, Sam and his new girl (as hot as she is...), Hoyt and Jessica, Jason and Hotshot, the list goes on and on and on. The episode last night was like an hour of paint drying with a few cool moments strewn about.

And it doesn't help that it's on right after Boardwalk Empire (which I didn't watch last year, so it's new to me). I don't know who decided that was good programming, but watching True Blood after that's like trying to drink Keystone Light after savoring a couple pints of Guinness.
I am pretty sure the ratings are a big reason its like that. You may not think its good ratings, but the high ups at HBO are smiling from ear to ear baby!

keg in kc
07-19-2011, 03:06 AM
I am pretty sure the ratings are a big reason its like that. You may not think its good ratings, but the high ups at HBO are smiling from ear to ear baby!I wasn't aware I'd said anything about ratings. All I've said is that the show has gotten very difficult to watch. It just isn't very good. Which doesn't mean people (including me) are going to stop watching. At least not yet.

I mean, seriously, if people had stopped watching when it started to slide, it never would have made it out of the second season, when they butchered the maenad storyline.

Anyway, good ratings do not mean good show any more than bad show means bad ratings. Right now it's a (very) bad show with (very) good ratings.

Fruit Ninja
07-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Well, the target audience is chicks. As long as they give them the shit they do now, it will maintain the ratings for a while.

Every fucking scene has some dude with his shirt off.

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-19-2011, 07:52 AM
I'll agree that this show is targeted to women. I think the show has become almost unwatchable but my wife still loves it.

Radar Chief
07-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Agreed, Mrs. Radar absolutely loves this season.
Me: Sookie hasn’t got nekid yet = season fail.

chiefforlife
07-19-2011, 08:48 AM

I would say this is very accurate. I said this exact thing to my wife after the show, minus the beer analogy.

allen_kcCard
07-19-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't see it going away in my household. My wife and I watch it with a friend of hers, and they got all hot and bothered over Mr Werewolf showing his happy patch and taking off his shirt, and they are all ga-ga over eric and how he is all "sweet" now.

The epic tittage isn't even making it worth it to me so far. Sookie get a new contact that didn't require being nekkid every episode now or something?

Jawshco
07-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Ug that Flash Thompson/ Werewolf guy is freaking awful! Why the hell does Sookie need so many love intrests ? The stupid subplots make this show unwatchable! Nobody cares about Sam's brother, Sam's shifter girl, Andy's addiction, Jason's cougar girl (and really- shouldn't she be a hotter older chick?), evil baby, Wolfboy or gay Jesus. They need to go back to what made season 1 work, less subplots, more realism and better twists.

But I too am stuck with it since my wife insists that since I make her watch sports this must be my compromise. Ug!!! I now prefer Being Human to True Blood. That's how bad it's gotten.

Molitoth
07-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't mind watching this show, but my god is it stupid now.

vailpass
07-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Ug that Flash Thompson/ Werewolf guy is freaking awful! Why the hell does Sookie need so many love intrests ? The stupid subplots make this show unwatchable! Nobody cares about Sam's brother, Sam's shifter girl, Andy's addiction, Jason's cougar girl (and really- shouldn't she be a hotter older chick?), evil baby, Wolfboy or gay Jesus. They need to go back to what made season 1 work, less subplots, more realism and better twists.

But I too am stuck with it since my wife insists that since I make her watch sports this must be my compromise. Ug!!! I now prefer Being Human to True Blood. That's how bad it's gotten.

Yes to all except Andy Belfleur cracks me the hell up.

Jawshco
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes to all except Andy Belfleur cracks me the hell up.

Don't get me wrong, I like Andy as a supporting character, but they've already done the V-addiction storyline before- perhaps more than once if you count LaFayette.

vailpass
07-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Andy as a supporting character, but they've already done the V-addiction storyline before- perhaps more than once if you count LaFayette.

Yep.
Jason and his now-dead skank.
And the high school quarterback.
And Russel's werewolves.
etc.
V story=played out.

Almost as predictable as Bill Compton sliding the icicle to his own great great great great granddaughter.

Buck
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
It took me 3 times to get all the way through this episode. I fell asleep within the first 20 minutes the first two times.

I thought it was funny that Bill fucked his great great great great great great great grandaughter.

I actually think the Witch lady is pretty bitchin, but everything else seems stupid so far.

Jawshco
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
It took me 3 times to get all the way through this episode. I fell asleep within the first 20 minutes the first two times.

I thought it was funny that Bill ****ed his great great great great great great great grandaughter.

I actually think the Witch lady is pretty bitchin, but everything else seems stupid so far.

Agreed, the witch (Harry Potter's magic hating aunt ironically enough) is probably one of only the good parts of the new season, but that is not a good recommendation at all. LOL!

Radar Chief
07-21-2011, 03:37 PM
All I know is Sookie better get nekid soon or this show is dead to me.

durtyrute
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM

Ask yourself this, do you really make her watch sports, or do you watch it without asking her to do anything, then she sits down and watches it with you because shes bored and you aren't there to entertain her?

Jawshco
07-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Ask yourself this, do you really make her watch sports, or do you watch it without asking her to do anything, then she sits down and watches it with you because shes bored and you aren't there to entertain her?

Ha! Yeah... I suppose you've got the right of it. Though I do keep hoping she'll come around to actually enjoying it.

eazyb81
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Jesus this show is garbage now. How many seasons are left?

keg in kc
07-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Jesus this show is garbage now. How many seasons are left?Charlaine Harris is ending the books at 13 (they're at 11 now).

Soooo....it's ending in 9 or 10 years.

Rausch
07-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Charlaine Harris is ending the books at 13 (they're at 11 now).

Soooo....it's ending in 9 or 10 years.

I pretty much gave up once the guy that owned the bar turned into a terrier.

Rausch:" I.......what the fuck?!?......so....how the fuck does this have anything to do with vampires or the whole storyline they're setting up with minorities and how they fit into American culture?..."

Dicky McElephant
07-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Good God they need to get this shit going.

There really isn't one storyline this season that has my attention.

Baby Lee
07-25-2011, 09:26 PM
My three word review; 'tasty tank top'

Blacked out shortly thereafter.

keg in kc
07-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm having a harder time getting through it every week.

keg in kc
07-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Okay, the dream scene near the end with Jason, Jessica and Hoyt was funny, but most of that episode was garbage.

Fish
07-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Shitty shitty episode. Zero nudity from Sookie or Jessica. This is bullshit.

Great Expectations
07-26-2011, 11:38 AM
If it doesn't get better this week I'm going to take it off my DVR. If Dice Clay doesn't spice up Entrourage a lot I'm going to drop HBO until Boardwalk Empire starts in the fall.

Tribal Warfare
07-26-2011, 01:28 PM
If it doesn't get better this week I'm going to take it off my DVR. If Dice Clay doesn't spice up Entrourage a lot I'm going to drop HBO until Boardwalk Empire starts in the fall.

My cousin is going to be on that show as Agent Clarkson

Radar Chief
08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Shitty shitty episode. Zero nudity from Sookie or Jessica. This is bullshit.

At least Sookie got nekid last night. Just too bad the view of her magnificence was obscured by that albino stick figure.

Fish
08-01-2011, 10:07 AM
At least Sookie got nekid last night. Just too bad the view of her magnificence was obscured by that albino stick figure.

Not worth it for the bullshit soap opera that was the rest of the episode. It's just completely gone to shit.

Dicky McElephant
08-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Not worth it for the bullshit soap opera that was the rest of the episode. It's just completely gone to shit.

This.

God this season is fucking horrible. They waited entirely to long to make the witch a badass. And I can't stand the whole psycho baby storyline they're going with either.

Fish
08-01-2011, 10:23 AM
And I hate hate hate Eric as a neutered pacifist pussy. Bill is uninteresting since becoming King Douche. Jason's werepanther/Jessica sexytime awkwardness attraction scene was the only moderately entertaining part.

Dicky McElephant
08-01-2011, 10:30 AM
And I hate hate hate Eric as a neutered pacifist pussy. Bill is uninteresting since becoming King Douche. Jason's werepanther/Jessica sexytime awkwardness attraction scene was the only moderately entertaining part.

They need to hurry up and get Eric back to normal.

I've never liked Bill. He's always been an uninteresting douche.

They were retarded in not actually turning Jason into a werepanther.

And for godsakes.....can they fucking get rid of this stupid werewolf storyline? It's played out.....no one gives a fuck about those two.

luv
08-01-2011, 10:54 AM
I've not seen any beyond season 2. From reading this thread, I'm beginning to think I'm not missing much (much value, anyway). Sookie or Jessica getting naked doesn't really do much of anything for me.

Radar Chief
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I've not seen any beyond season 2. From reading this thread, I'm beginning to think I'm not missing much (much value, anyway). Sookie or Jessica getting naked doesn't really do much of anything for me.

Well, Eric has been getting nekid too, which seems to have the women folk stirred up.

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I thank god for "Words With Friends" on my phone. It's the only way I can make it through an episode anymore.

Bowser
08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
This show softcore porn these days. Nothing more.

vailpass
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
This show softcore porn these days. Nothing more.

Sorry to agree with you but it's true. They aren't even hiding that they are targeting the chick demographic.I'd like to rutn the boys from Boardwalk Empire loose on True Blood and clean the whole thing up. Silver bullets + tommy guns = true death.

NewChief
08-02-2011, 06:41 AM
I don't watch the show, but if the last episode is even half as ridiculous as this review makes it out to be... good grief. ROFL

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/feature/2011/07/31/true_blood_into_the_woods

"True Blood" recap 4x6: Into the woods
During the dreaded event, everyone heads for the safest spot -- the middle of the forest
By Drew Grant

Salon
Fangstastic!

This week, "True Blood" uses Sookie and Eric's sensual Aryan lovemaking to bookend the episode, which can only mean one thing: It's all going to be downhill from here, folks. That's the problem with finally getting what you (you = Sookie, Eric, the audience) want, right? Everything is great in the beginning, but suddenly you notice how your perfect scenario can't live up to your expectations.

Look: I am all for New Eric. But New Eric is also kind of a little bitch, right? Like right in the middle of his first hookup session with the love of his (admittedly short-term) life, Eric has to fight off Bill when King Pouty-Face runs in to fangblock him. And since Eric is the older, stronger of the two vamps, he almost kills Bill (part one) until Sookie tells him not to, because that's his king. Immediatly, Eric bends his knee and is all, "Your highness!"

Except why would no-memory Eric care who his king is? It's his memory that was erased, not his personality, right? New Eric is sincere and naive to the point that it's ridiculous to think that even as a human he acted like such a dopey-eyed idiot. I think Alexander Skarsgard went back and just watched "Titanic" a bunch of times to study for this character.

"Never let go ... because I'm immortal." - Eric Northman, 2011

But because he is just so New Eric, he is totally cool with this stranger calling himself king putting him in silver and taking him to a prison/dungeon. It's a different part of Bill's prison/dungeon from where he's keeping Marnie, because there aren't any really bright lights, and he's not in a padded room.

Yet for some reason Eric is given the same cell as his rotting progeny Pam. Terrible idea, right? If Bill actually believes Eric is faking the whole amnesia thing, maybe he should just keep those two apart? It is a real oversight in the vampire prison system, but you know how it is, with all the overcrowding these days. Pam tells Eric he used to be a goddamn Viking warrior to try to get him to snap out of it, and Eric's like, "I'm not the vampire I used to be. Not anymore." Shut up, plaintive New Eric.

* Continue reading

Pam also tells him that King Bill is a self-hating pompous little dork (or something to that effect), but since Eric is currently a self-hating, infatuated space cadet he doesn't really get where she's coming from. But it's true: That self-hating pompous little dork Bill is going through the proper vampire channels to finally give the "true death" to Eric Northman. He's such a slimy little twerp, made even worse because (spoiler alert) he can't even go through with killing Eric after the blond vampire gives a speech about Sookie teaching him what love is (oooft), and how she deserves to be happy, even if it's with Bill.

On a better show, or one that didn't have to answer so completely to its fans, Bill could have been like "Mercy is a woman's folly" (or something to that effect), and gone on with the staking. But instead Eric's maudlin words melt the king's heart and he lets the potentially dangerous vampire go have sex with his ex-girlfriend in the woods. (Let's talk about them woods in a second.)

Bill letting Eric go doesn't even make sense in the reality of a show populated by imaginary creatures. At the very least, Eric is under a spell, and has already eaten a fairy. Who knows what else he'll do? And get this, Bill also lets Pam go, because Eric asked him to. Sure. Anything for the guy you were about to kill before he won you over with his innocent, boyish charm, right?

Pam takes her seriously disgusting face out of Compton's house of horrors to go check up on kill Tara and her girlfriend. Oh yeah, Tara's girlfriend has come down to confront her about not actually being Tony, the cagefighter with a shady past who she fell in love with. Who has this woman been telling her secrets to for the past six months?? (Wait, they've only been dating six months? Call me when you find out your husband has been lying to you about his entire life, à la "A History of Violence." Six months is nothing. I don't even know most guys' last names until we've been together a year.) But then they end up making out on Lafayette's floor and Alan Ball decides that he can throw another character onto this grill, no problem.

Also! This week we get to the bottom (sort of) of Arlene's haunted house/ "Insidious" baby. It wasn't the ghost of Renee who lit their house on fire and burned it to the ground, but some ghost nanny who is somehow linked with that charred doll that Jessica stole from Hoyt to give as a present to Arlene. And Alan Ball decides that he can throw a ghost nanny onto this grill, no problem. As if we didn't have enough to deal with. Like the full moon later that night ...

Sookie gets fired from Merlotte's because Tommy accidentally shifted into his brother Sam's body (ooft-ooft), and as Sam calls her out for being the worst waitress in the world. Fair point. Sookie is the world's worst waitress. Oh welp. She bounces her little ponytail down the road to find her brother, Jason (who is basically Tommy but without any superpowers), handcuffed to his bed in case he turns into a werepanther. Sookie reminds Jason that if he morphs, the handcuffs will slip right off. I guess we're all supposed to laugh and go, "Typical Stackhouse!" Except that I'm actually wondering who put the handcuffs on him in the first place. Right? Was it Hoyt, or ... no, it actually must have been Hoyt. So that's cool.

If I were Jason, I'd be sick of spending half of every season chained down to a bed. He just escaped a two week were-rape session that left him tied to a bed all day, wounds all festering: it's weird that his first thought is to go right back to the cuffs.

But Sookie, having totally forgotten about Bill and Eric for the time being, decides to help her brother out by promising not to shoot him in the head if/when he morphs. But when the moon comes out, Jason's vanished, and Sookie takes her shotgun* into the woods to find him. And boy are these woods bustling tonight. There's Alcide and Debbie, on their way to a werewolf pack meeting, who stop long enough to give Sook some very helpful information about were-creatures needing to be born that way. They don't change just because of a bite. Good to know, and also that is something that was just made up on the spot by the writers. I think a lot of werewolf mythology is based around the fact that getting scratched or bitten can change you into a lycanthrope, but what do I know? I'm not part of the Werewolf Cathedral, I don't make the rules.

Jason is having a panic attack in the woods, which he takes as a sign that he's shifting. Since he drank Jessica's blood to heal himself, she vampire-runs out of work because she can feel his fear and a little piece of her will now always be inside of him. Like when you bake a cake for your boyfriend and then cut your hand so that you'll always be inside of him -- right, ladies? Not creepy! Jessica and Jason have a semi-romantic interlude in the woods, talking about ... stuff. God knows. Jessica tells Jason he's special, which I agree with, but for different reasons.

Not in the woods tonight are Jesus and Lafayette, who are visiting Jesus' Wiccan pop-pop out in Mexico. His grandfather is sort of an asshole, but he seems kind of down with his grandson dating another guy, so who knows, maybe his family is more accepting of different lifestyles than most evil Mexican warlock dynasties. Then again, he does make Jesus catch a sacrificial rattlesnake only to let it bite his grandson in the jugular before locking him alone to die in a room with Lafayette. Luckily it's all a test (of some sort) ... Lafayette gets possessed by the spirit of a guy named Tio Luca, and chants some bruja B.S. to save his man.

The possessing process is actually kind of terrifying. It looks like that part of the ring where Samara can just sort of disappear and then reappear right in front of you, like a TV signal you can only half pick up. Getting possessed is almost exactly like that in "True Blood": we see it both in the Lafayette scene, and when Marnie finally has that dead witch Antonia take control of her body fer keepsies. We also get another flashback to why Antonia hates vampires so much. It's because one of them named Luis kept raping her during the Inquisition. Conveniently, Luis works for King Bill now. And he just has to go downstairs and check on what is up with their captive when she starts staring directly into her cell camera and creepy-smiling. Bad move, Luis. Now Antonia/Marnie is going to go exact revenge on all the vampires. Again, I blame the vampire prison situation; there should have been more than one guy hanging out in the control room when shit goes down. What is this, a "Die Hard" film? Where are all of Bill's military henchmen during this situation? That is what you have henchmen for, Bill!

So now the prison is empty, the moon is full, and all the were-things are out in full force, except for Tommy, who kind of accidentally sleeps with Sam's girlfriend while still in his body, and then feels bad about it and ... overdoses? It was kind of hard to tell, but it looked like he tried to kill himself. Wish that it was that simple broheim: these days it's almost impossible to get yourself killed off on "True Blood" unless you are dating Jason Stackhouse. Or your parents, whom you managed to wipe out last episode. (And for which all are very grateful.)

And yes, now we're back to the Sookie-Eric sex scene, which happens by a burbling brook on top of a nice piece of well-lit moss. It's very gentle and tender and you almost expect Bambi (or a werewolf, or her brother) to stumble upon this Adam and Eve scenario. But they don't. Instead we just get a shot of Bill looking forlorn on his porch, no doubt sensing all the sex Eric is having with Sookie, since she also drank his blood at one point. It must be really awkward to be able to feel your girlfriend get soft-sexed by your frenemy. But hey, that's what comes with being (the worst) king. Don't feel too bad for Bill, he could always go back to having sex with his great-great-granddaughter. Let's all just take a minute to enjoy the Sookie-Eric relationship before it gets as cloying and sentimentally stupid as the Sookie-Bill one did. I give it till the second half of next week's episode.

* Sookie never uses this gun, which I find interesting considering Chekhov's rule about firearms: if they show up on the mantel in the first act, they will be blowing Eggs' brains out by the third. R.I.P. EGGS!

Dicky McElephant
08-02-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't watch the show, but if the last episode is even half as ridiculous as this review makes it out to be... good grief. ROFL

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/feature/2011/07/31/true_blood_into_the_woods

During the dreaded event, everyone heads for the safest spot -- the middle of the forest
By Drew Grant

Salon
Fangstastic!

This week, "True Blood" uses Sookie and Eric's sensual Aryan lovemaking to bookend the episode, which can only mean one thing: It's all going to be downhill from here, folks. That's the problem with finally getting what you (you = Sookie, Eric, the audience) want, right? Everything is great in the beginning, but suddenly you notice how your perfect scenario can't live up to your expectations.

Look: I am all for New Eric. But New Eric is also kind of a little bitch, right? Like right in the middle of his first hookup session with the love of his (admittedly short-term) life, Eric has to fight off Bill when King Pouty-Face runs in to fangblock him. And since Eric is the older, stronger of the two vamps, he almost kills Bill (part one) until Sookie tells him not to, because that's his king. Immediatly, Eric bends his knee and is all, "Your highness!"

Except why would no-memory Eric care who his king is? It's his memory that was erased, not his personality, right? New Eric is sincere and naive to the point that it's ridiculous to think that even as a human he acted like such a dopey-eyed idiot. I think Alexander Skarsgard went back and just watched "Titanic" a bunch of times to study for this character.

But because he is just so New Eric, he is totally cool with this stranger calling himself king putting him in silver and taking him to a prison/dungeon. It's a different part of Bill's prison/dungeon from where he's keeping Marnie, because there aren't any really bright lights, and he's not in a padded room.

Yet for some reason Eric is given the same cell as his rotting progeny Pam. Terrible idea, right? If Bill actually believes Eric is faking the whole amnesia thing, maybe he should just keep those two apart? It is a real oversight in the vampire prison system, but you know how it is, with all the overcrowding these days. Pam tells Eric he used to be a goddamn Viking warrior to try to get him to snap out of it, and Eric's like, "I'm not the vampire I used to be. Not anymore." Shut up, plaintive New Eric.

* Continue reading

Pam also tells him that King Bill is a self-hating pompous little dork (or something to that effect), but since Eric is currently a self-hating, infatuated space cadet he doesn't really get where she's coming from. But it's true: That self-hating pompous little dork Bill is going through the proper vampire channels to finally give the "true death" to Eric Northman. He's such a slimy little twerp, made even worse because (spoiler alert) he can't even go through with killing Eric after the blond vampire gives a speech about Sookie teaching him what love is (oooft), and how she deserves to be happy, even if it's with Bill.

On a better show, or one that didn't have to answer so completely to its fans, Bill could have been like "Mercy is a woman's folly" (or something to that effect), and gone on with the staking. But instead Eric's maudlin words melt the king's heart and he lets the potentially dangerous vampire go have sex with his ex-girlfriend in the woods. (Let's talk about them woods in a second.)

Bill letting Eric go doesn't even make sense in the reality of a show populated by imaginary creatures. At the very least, Eric is under a spell, and has already eaten a fairy. Who knows what else he'll do? And get this, Bill also lets Pam go, because Eric asked him to. Sure. Anything for the guy you were about to kill before he won you over with his innocent, boyish charm, right?

Pam takes her seriously disgusting face out of Compton's house of horrors to go check up on kill Tara and her girlfriend. Oh yeah, Tara's girlfriend has come down to confront her about not actually being Tony, the cagefighter with a shady past who she fell in love with. Who has this woman been telling her secrets to for the past six months?? (Wait, they've only been dating six months? Call me when you find out your husband has been lying to you about his entire life, à la "A History of Violence." Six months is nothing. I don't even know most guys' last names until we've been together a year.) But then they end up making out on Lafayette's floor and Alan Ball decides that he can throw another character onto this grill, no problem.

Also! This week we get to the bottom (sort of) of Arlene's haunted house/ "Insidious" baby. It wasn't the ghost of Renee who lit their house on fire and burned it to the ground, but some ghost nanny who is somehow linked with that charred doll that Jessica stole from Hoyt to give as a present to Arlene. And Alan Ball decides that he can throw a ghost nanny onto this grill, no problem. As if we didn't have enough to deal with. Like the full moon later that night ...

Sookie gets fired from Merlotte's because Tommy accidentally shifted into his brother Sam's body (ooft-ooft), and as Sam calls her out for being the worst waitress in the world. Fair point. Sookie is the world's worst waitress. Oh welp. She bounces her little ponytail down the road to find her brother, Jason (who is basically Tommy but without any superpowers), handcuffed to his bed in case he turns into a werepanther. Sookie reminds Jason that if he morphs, the handcuffs will slip right off. I guess we're all supposed to laugh and go, "Typical Stackhouse!" Except that I'm actually wondering who put the handcuffs on him in the first place. Right? Was it Hoyt, or ... no, it actually must have been Hoyt. So that's cool.

If I were Jason, I'd be sick of spending half of every season chained down to a bed. He just escaped a two week were-rape session that left him tied to a bed all day, wounds all festering: it's weird that his first thought is to go right back to the cuffs.

But Sookie, having totally forgotten about Bill and Eric for the time being, decides to help her brother out by promising not to shoot him in the head if/when he morphs. But when the moon comes out, Jason's vanished, and Sookie takes her shotgun* into the woods to find him. And boy are these woods bustling tonight. There's Alcide and Debbie, on their way to a werewolf pack meeting, who stop long enough to give Sook some very helpful information about were-creatures needing to be born that way. They don't change just because of a bite. Good to know, and also that is something that was just made up on the spot by the writers. I think a lot of werewolf mythology is based around the fact that getting scratched or bitten can change you into a lycanthrope, but what do I know? I'm not part of the Werewolf Cathedral, I don't make the rules.

Jason is having a panic attack in the woods, which he takes as a sign that he's shifting. Since he drank Jessica's blood to heal himself, she vampire-runs out of work because she can feel his fear and a little piece of her will now always be inside of him. Like when you bake a cake for your boyfriend and then cut your hand so that you'll always be inside of him -- right, ladies? Not creepy! Jessica and Jason have a semi-romantic interlude in the woods, talking about ... stuff. God knows. Jessica tells Jason he's special, which I agree with, but for different reasons.

Not in the woods tonight are Jesus and Lafayette, who are visiting Jesus' Wiccan pop-pop out in Mexico. His grandfather is sort of an asshole, but he seems kind of down with his grandson dating another guy, so who knows, maybe his family is more accepting of different lifestyles than most evil Mexican warlock dynasties. Then again, he does make Jesus catch a sacrificial rattlesnake only to let it bite his grandson in the jugular before locking him alone to die in a room with Lafayette. Luckily it's all a test (of some sort) ... Lafayette gets possessed by the spirit of a guy named Tio Luca, and chants some bruja B.S. to save his man.

The possessing process is actually kind of terrifying. It looks like that part of the ring where Samara can just sort of disappear and then reappear right in front of you, like a TV signal you can only half pick up. Getting possessed is almost exactly like that in "True Blood": we see it both in the Lafayette scene, and when Marnie finally has that dead witch Antonia take control of her body fer keepsies. We also get another flashback to why Antonia hates vampires so much. It's because one of them named Luis kept raping her during the Inquisition. Conveniently, Luis works for King Bill now. And he just has to go downstairs and check on what is up with their captive when she starts staring directly into her cell camera and creepy-smiling. Bad move, Luis. Now Antonia/Marnie is going to go exact revenge on all the vampires. Again, I blame the vampire prison situation; there should have been more than one guy hanging out in the control room when shit goes down. What is this, a "Die Hard" film? Where are all of Bill's military henchmen during this situation? That is what you have henchmen for, Bill!

So now the prison is empty, the moon is full, and all the were-things are out in full force, except for Tommy, who kind of accidentally sleeps with Sam's girlfriend while still in his body, and then feels bad about it and ... overdoses? It was kind of hard to tell, but it looked like he tried to kill himself. Wish that it was that simple broheim: these days it's almost impossible to get yourself killed off on "True Blood" unless you are dating Jason Stackhouse. Or your parents, whom you managed to wipe out last episode. (And for which all are very grateful.)

And yes, now we're back to the Sookie-Eric sex scene, which happens by a burbling brook on top of a nice piece of well-lit moss. It's very gentle and tender and you almost expect Bambi (or a werewolf, or her brother) to stumble upon this Adam and Eve scenario. But they don't. Instead we just get a shot of Bill looking forlorn on his porch, no doubt sensing all the sex Eric is having with Sookie, since she also drank his blood at one point. It must be really awkward to be able to feel your girlfriend get soft-sexed by your frenemy. But hey, that's what comes with being (the worst) king. Don't feel too bad for Bill, he could always go back to having sex with his great-great-granddaughter. Let's all just take a minute to enjoy the Sookie-Eric relationship before it gets as cloying and sentimentally stupid as the Sookie-Bill one did. I give it till the second half of next week's episode.

* Sookie never uses this gun, which I find interesting considering Chekhov's rule about firearms: if they show up on the mantel in the first act, they will be blowing Eggs' brains out by the third. R.I.P. EGGS!

Yeah.....that's basically how it went. It was fucking pathetic.

Fish
08-02-2011, 11:03 AM

By Drew Grant

Salon
Fangstastic!

* Continue reading

Yeah... that's pretty close. This show totally went Twilight....

Bowser
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM

By Drew Grant

Salon
Fangstastic!

* Continue reading

It was......a disaster. The show is a mess, plain and simple. Likely it always has been a mess, just not to this degree.

Nice Game of Thrones dig in the review, too. Honestly, I think GoT has forever ruined me on True Blood.

Dicky McElephant
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
There really isn't much that's going to salvage this season. I'll still watch in hopes that Jessica gets naked....

luv
08-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Well, Eric has been getting nekid too, which seems to have the women folk stirred up.

I really wouldn't mind seeing that.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Anna Paquin might not be a beauty queen but she is teh sexsy,sexsy :hump:

Dicky McElephant
08-02-2011, 11:42 AM

Yeah.....it's just to bad that they stopped showing any of her body.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 11:58 AM
There really isn't much that's going to salvage this season. I'll still watch in hopes that Jessica gets naked....Yeah, that's one carrot we're never going to get.

Bowser
08-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that's one carrot we're never going to get.

Yeah, I was thinking she has a "no nekkid booby" clause in her contract. Damn those execs.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I was thinking she has a "no nekkid booby" clause in her contract. Damn those execs.Her and Tara. Although not even nudity could save Tara at this point.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that's one carrot we're never going to get. :(

"Deborah Ann Woll's agent managed to insert a no-nudity clause in her contract ..."

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vx3r5u.jpg

Los Pollos Hermanos
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Isn't Jessica's character supposed be like 17 years old?

Buck
08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
:(

"Deborah Ann Woll's agent managed to insert a no-nudity clause in her contract ..."

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vx3r5u.jpg

That fucker. She is fucking hot. If I ever see her nude, don't expect to hear from me for 15+ hours.

vailpass
08-02-2011, 05:46 PM

The fact that she is bisexual doesn't hurt either.

BigRedChief
08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
The fact that she is bisexual doesn't hurt either.A very big + :thumb:

eazyb81
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Just watched this week's episode last night.

Did anyone at HBO even bother to screen this season before airing it?

This show is absolute garbage now, and that is not an exaggeration. It is basically just a soap opera at this point. The storylines are too jumbled and ridiculous. This used to be my wife's favorite show and she actually fell asleep midway through the episode.

I wonder if HBO is taking note of this season's abortion or if the show is just on cruise control at this point.

keg in kc
08-03-2011, 08:47 AM
It is basically just a soap opera at this point. At this point, that's an insult to soap operas.

Molitoth
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
ANd yes, now we're back to the Sookie-Eric sex scene, which happens by a burbling brook on top of a nice piece of well-lit moss. It's very gentle and tender and you almost expect Bambi (or a werewolf, or her brother) to stumble upon this Adam and Eve scenario.

lol. I choked during that scene. God this show sucks now.

Mr. Laz
08-04-2011, 04:17 PM
The fact that she is bisexual doesn't hurt either.i thought you hated teh gheys?

vailpass
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
i thought you hated teh gheys?

No I don't.

Besides, hot chicks getting it on with other hot chicks isn't gay. It's natural.

Tribal Warfare
08-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Goddamnit Jessica is fucking toast

Silock
08-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Nah. Jason will save her, they'll get together, Hoyt will go nuts and hate Jason.

PhillyChiefFan
08-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Nah. Jason will save her, they'll get together, Hoyt will go nuts and hate Jason.

This. Don't know how he will be strong enough though, he's human, she's vamp.

But I gotta admit, I thought Eric would get out of the chains and Sookie would try to sacrifice herself to keep Eric alive in the sun until the spell was over.

...guess that could still happen though.

eazyb81
08-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Anyone else cheering for the witch?

Radar Chief
08-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Yup, they’re building Hoyt up to go all psycho stalker on them.

Dicky McElephant
08-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone else cheering for the show to end?

FYP

and yes.

Silock
08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
This. Don't know how he will be strong enough though, he's human, she's vamp.

He'll probably steal something from one of the guards.

vailpass
08-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Anyone else cheering for the witch?

Big time.

vailpass
08-08-2011, 07:22 PM
He'll probably steal something from one of the guards.

Or she'll be half-fried by the sun and weakened to the point where Jason's dumb ass can carry her back in.
This episode died the true death.

Buck
08-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I fucking hate this show now. Why do I still watch it?

vailpass
08-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I ****ing hate this show now. Why do I still watch it?

For the cuddly pillow talk, of course.

Bowser
08-09-2011, 05:53 PM
I fucking hate this show now. Why do I still watch it?

This show has turned into a junkie's obsession. The early shows were decent, som e even pretty good. We are all tuning in just to see if we can still catch that original high, only to be disappointed over and over.

Seriously, Game of Thrones just destroyed this show, and my thinking of what was "must see". True Blood has another season left, MAYBE two, before everybody stops giving a shit.

keg in kc
08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I think ratings have been dropping, but I'm not entirely sure. That's the thing, people still watch, even when it's garbage.

I know that, personally, I haven't watched either of the last two weeks, and after reading everybody's reactions, I'm not sure I ever will.

Molitoth
08-09-2011, 08:16 PM
If my wife didn't watch it, I wouldn't give a shit about this show. She watches (and enjoys) Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad with me, so I watch True Blood.

KcMizzou
08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
It seems to be getting more and more campy. Like even the writers aren't taking it seriously anymore.