PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV True Blood

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

luv
09-25-2008, 08:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KltAMpYWyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KltAMpYWyw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone watching True Blood? Watched the first couple of episodes on HBO. I like it.

http://www.watch-true-blood.com/

http://truebloodstreaming.blogspot.com/

http://www.yidio.com/show/true-blood

Fish
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
There's nothing gay about redneck vampires....

luv
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Sat here and watched three episodes. I like it.

Count Alex's Wins
09-25-2008, 09:59 PM
She's so hot.

Fishpicker
09-26-2008, 12:38 AM
she was hot, back when she was 16. her teeth couldn't keep up with her cranium though.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2008, 12:42 AM
I missed the 1st episode, so how did the show reveal how the Vamps became a recognized social class in the world?

Fruit Ninja
09-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Shows alright. I havent seen episode 3 yet. I may watch it tonight as i try to sleep.

Count Alex's Wins
09-26-2008, 12:51 AM
she was hot, back when she was 16. her teeth couldn't keep up with her cranium though.

Don't care. Want to **** her.

Fish
09-26-2008, 01:45 AM
I missed the 1st episode, so how did the show reveal how the Vamps became a recognized social class in the world?

Totally went right by that and just acted like it was expected. Never explained it....

It made for a few uncomfortable moments the way they did it too. The normal people are ignorantly curious about these dangerous vampires, and don't seem all that scared that they could be easily killed by one.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Lafayette is my favorite character.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

luv
09-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Totally went right by that and just acted like it was expected. Never explained it....

It made for a few uncomfortable moments the way they did it too. The normal people are ignorantly curious about these dangerous vampires, and don't seem all that scared that they could be easily killed by one.

Ah. I missed the first part of the first episode. I thought I had just missed that part.

Baby Lee
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM

The teeth are a little off-putting, but overall, she's beyond attractive, it's like she's the essence of the feminine. Nothing's too hard or too soft, too big or too small, from her ankle to her neck, to her shoulder, to the 'sechsier' parts, not to mention the perfect feminine curl to her hair, all poetry.

Lighting and wardrobe are doing her proper as well.

kaplin42
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Been watching it and I like it. Not hooked like I was with Heroes or Battle Star, but definately entertained.

What I do like is that its an hbo show. They have the budget to produce some quality, and a lot less restrictions as far as censors go.

I do like how most of the characters are tormented in one way or another. And they have made several homages to popular vampire lore. As in Buffy/Angle/Blade. I know the show is based off of some series of books that some lady wrote but ot sure who she is or what the series is. I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

In any case, the show is entertaining, it has decent charaters, lots of eye candy and some good action so far. I am willing to give it a chance and see where it goes.

".....The beast we are, lest the beast we become."

Valiant
09-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Lafayette is my favorite character.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sqv8UJc72SU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WTF are you looking for to find that???

Valiant
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM

There are online videos for that.. If you have Icontrol, you can also watch them.. I believe there are 8 2min videos, showing you how Vampires came out and the start of the tru blood source..

Valiant
09-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Been watching it and I like it. Not hooked like I was with Heroes or Battle Star, but definately entertained.

What I do like is that its an hbo show. They have the budget to produce some quality, and a lot less restrictions as far as censors go.

I do like how most of the characters are tormented in one way or another. And they have made several homages to popular vampire lore. As in Buffy/Angle/Blade. I know the show is based off of some series of books that some lady wrote but ot sure who she is or what the series is. I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

In any case, the show is entertaining, it has decent charaters, lots of eye candy and some good action so far. I am willing to give it a chance and see where it goes.

".....The beast we are, lest the beast we become."

Man this show needs some charisma.. Charisma Carpenter.. Man I love that women..

As for th eMasquuerade.. That would be cool, but honestly it would be tough unless they brought in more characters, which does not seem feasible during this season..

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
There are online videos for that.. If you have Icontrol, you can also watch them.. I believe there are 8 2min videos, showing you how Vampires came out and the start of the tru blood source..

Okay what website do I visit to view these videos?

Valiant
09-26-2008, 04:40 PM

Valiant
09-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Okay what website do I visit to view these videos?

Let me look.. I think it is trueblood though..

Valiant
09-26-2008, 04:48 PM
bloodcopy.com

The videos are not chronological on there like they are on hbo's icontrol... But you can get all the extra info on the series from the viral videos..

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
WTF are you looking for to find that???YTMND was the first place I heard Soccer Practice.

There is nothing wrong with helping a buddy out.

Baby Lee
09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
WTF are you looking for to find that???

http://gettingpumped.ytmnd.com/

Baby Lee
09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
YTMND was the first place I heard Soccer Practice.

There is nothing wrong with helping a buddy out.

The maddening part is how that guy resembles Jason Dohring, you get to mess around with Veronica Mars OR you get to mess around with boys.

NOT BOTH!!!

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/757/757261/veronica-mars-20070121103741211.jpg

kaplin42
09-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Man this show needs some charisma.. Charisma Carpenter.. Man I love that women..

As for th eMasquuerade.. That would be cool, but honestly it would be tough unless they brought in more characters, which does not seem feasible during this season..

I don't fully expect to see the whole WoD running around or anything like that. But there was a sense of hierarchy in the 3rd episode. And you can see some clan similarities between the 4 vampires that we know right now.

If anything, I expect it to be very subtle if they throw out anything that resembles VTM, so much so that it could just be my wishful thinking making the comparisons all on my on.

NewChief
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I am willing to bet that you might see a little bit of Anne Rice in there, and hoping to see a little Vampire: The Masquerade style used in there as well, which I thought I saw a hint of in the 3rd episode.

There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Fairplay
09-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Maybe i shouldn't share if this on here its kinda personnel but i don't care.

I tried to get into slurping blood to be like a vampire sorta i guess. Thought it might be a turn on. I tried to get into it, i just can't.

So i told my girlfriend no more eating her pu**y when shes on the rag, no more.

keg in kc
09-27-2008, 04:20 PM
There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.

It was on Fox for about three episodes in the mid to late 90's

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Kindred: The Embraced.

Only reason I know that is that it scifi had it as one of their daytime marathons a week or two ago. It kept me watching for about 32 seconds.Yeah, I saw a couple of episodes of that on Chiller a few months ago.

Valiant
09-28-2008, 11:14 PM
There was a show in like 95/96 that was basically V:tM on the small screen. It didn't run many episodes, but I remember watching 3 or 4. I remember there being gangrels and nosferaturu as well as some of the other clans. I can't remember the name of the show, though. I was dissapointed when they canceled it, though.

Kindred, loved that tv show..

Bowser
09-29-2008, 07:50 AM
I haven't watched the third episode yet, but I was pissed when Dawn got killed off. She's teh hawt.

kaplin42
09-29-2008, 11:43 AM

Kindred the Embraced. It was taken directly from V:TM. And as already said, it was shite. If you get the Chiller channel they run it every night around 11:00 or 12:00.

I don't expect to see anything like that in True Blood. For starters, TB is actually interesting. But, if you saw last nights episode, you could easily put Eric and Pam in the Toreador clan.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
i watch it .... mostly hoping to see Anna Paquin nekkid.

tbh i liked her better when wasn't so skinny, but she's still hot.

Bowser
09-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Just watched the latest episode. Jason in the hospital = LMAO

luv
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Just watched the latest episode. Jason in the hospital = LMAO

I was so distraught by starting Palmer over Favre, that I completely forgot it was on last night. I'll have to look for when it's playing again this week.

Bowser
09-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I was so distraught by starting Palmer over Favre, that I completely forgot it was on last night. I'll have to look for when it's playing again this week.

Oh shit. LMAO

Mr. Laz
10-01-2008, 06:20 PM

HBO on demand would just be easier

luv
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I caught the fourth episode last night.

"It looks like an eggplant."

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Baby Lee
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Paul Pena throat singing shout out!!!

Unsolicited Ghengis Blues recommend.

luv
10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Well, now we know how Bill became a vampire. I'll have to catch the first half of the show sometime this week.

luv
10-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Also, Bill seemed interested in the sheriff's last name. Wonder why. hmmmm....

Bowser
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
That was a pretty decent episode. Certainly didn't see that ending coming. WTF with Sam?

LMAO @ LaFayette. He is one of the better characters on there.

luv
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
That was a pretty decent episode. Certainly didn't see that ending coming. WTF with Sam?

LMAO @ LaFayette. He is one of the better characters on there.

I love how he took care of the complaint. I think Sam is a little "disturbed". I thought he might've been behind the first two murders, but he couldn't have killed Sookie's (sp?) grandma. He was with her.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I love how he took care of the complaint. I think Sam is a little "disturbed". I thought he might've been behind the first two murders, but he couldn't have killed Sookie's (sp?) grandma. He was with her.

I thought Sookie left Sam after their date telling him she'd get a cab, leaving him good and pissed. Honestly, I thought Grams was going to turn out to be the vampire leader, able to daywalk. Oh well.

And what the hell is with that dog?

luv
10-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I thought Sookie left Sam after their date telling him she'd get a cab, leaving him good and pissed. Honestly, I thought Grams was going to turn out to be the vampire leader, able to daywalk. Oh well.

And what the hell is with that dog?

She went back inside to call the cab. Surely he wouldn't have had time to kill her before the cab came to get Sookie and got her home.

keg in kc
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Show's really kicking into gear. It's gotten better every week.

TopJet2
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Is Sam a werewolf?

Valiant
10-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Is Sam a werewolf?

That is what we are talking about at work.. I was thinking a really old vampire.. But he did bark in his sleep..

luv
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
That is what we are talking about at work.. I was thinking a really old vampire.. But he did bark in his sleep..

And he was sniffing Dawn's sheets. And Bill said a vampire would drain a frsh corpse. And it might explain the dog.....

keg in kc
10-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I think they'll keep the murderer human, to drive home the point that you don't have to be a vampire (or a werewolf) to be a monster.

There is something with the dog, though, that they haven't really explained yet.

Chazno
10-07-2008, 07:52 AM
My wife posed this question to me. Does anybody know why IMDB has Anna Paquin's episodes listed at 12 and Stephen Moyer (Bill) only has 5 listed? Does he just not appear in the other episodes or is he off the show soon?

Valiant
10-07-2008, 01:33 PM
My wife posed this question to me. Does anybody know why IMDB has Anna Paquin's episodes listed at 12 and Stephen Moyer (Bill) only has 5 listed? Does he just not appear in the other episodes or is he off the show soon?

Either it is wrong, or he dies..

Bowser
10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Is Sam a werewolf?

Weremutt, by the looks of that dog.

luv
10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
The more episodes I watch, the more I like the redheaded waitress and her hubby.

luv
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
This show just keeps getting better and better.

luv
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
And next week looks even better.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Shit, forgot to watch. DVIR is the best.

kaplin42
10-12-2008, 11:31 PM
There's no still pics of Anna Paquinn's boobs yet, you guys are losing your touch.

The show was really good tonight.

luv
10-13-2008, 08:45 AM
There's no still pics of Anna Paquinn's boobs yet, you guys are losing your touch.

The show was really good tonight.

Probably because there's not much to see.

keg in kc
10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
You'd need a magnifying glass, as far away as she was. Probably had pasties on.

luv
10-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Completely spaced. I'll have to catch it this week sometime. No divo or tivo or whatever you call it here.

keg in kc
10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
You'd need a magnifying glass, as far away as she was. Probably had pasties on.But not this week!

Good ep, I'm really liking the show.

Bowser
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
But not this week!

Good ep, I'm really liking the show.

Ah, yes! Time to fire up the DVIR. *sprints down to big screen*

Bowser
10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
So the DVIR decided not to record. F*cking Time Warner.

underEJ
10-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I didn't expect to, but I love this show. I kind of thought I was all vampired out, but this is so fun and original, and it surprises me every week. I love the whole cast.

Like others, thought Gran was somehow involved until she died, and don't think Sam is a werewolf anymore, though I did, but he's definitely got a surprise coming for us. I keep trying to get the hints from his answers to questions about where he comes from or what his people were like. He's vague, but there is something there.

Can't wait for each week. How are the ratings? It's bound to have a chance to stay around since it's not as expensive as recent HBO shows that haven't lasted.

unlurking
10-21-2008, 05:44 AM
I didn't expect to, but I love this show. I kind of thought I was all vampired out, but this is so fun and original, and it surprises me every week. I love the whole cast.

Like others, thought Gran was somehow involved until she died, and don't think Sam is a werewolf anymore, though I did, but he's definitely got a surprise coming for us. I keep trying to get the hints from his answers to questions about where he comes from or what his people were like. He's vague, but there is something there.

Can't wait for each week. How are the ratings? It's bound to have a chance to stay around since it's not as expensive as recent HBO shows that haven't lasted.
I don't know, I think the running naked through the woods hinted back at the werewolf thing.

keg in kc
10-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Can't wait for each week. How are the ratings? It's bound to have a chance to stay around since it's not as expensive as recent HBO shows that haven't lasted.HBO ordered a second season after either the premeire or the second episode; it's not going anywhere.

luv
10-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know, I think the running naked through the woods hinted back at the werewolf thing.

Okay, I definitely need to catch this episode.

keg in kc
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Okay, I definitely need to catch this episode.You'll need binoculars to see anything.

luv
10-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Tara is one buff chick.

Bowser
10-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Tara is one buff chick.

And f*cked in the head. I want to see how her mom turns out the next few episodes, and how that has an influence on her.

Sam is either a werewolf, or insane. I can believe either right now. I don't like that they turned Jason into a junkie. He was too entertaining as a dumbass. Now, he's just kind of pathetic, although the hippie chick he nailed was pretty hot (is she a vampire? She said she had had that bottle of V "forever"). And I hope they incorporate the dude from Generation Kill into the storyline more.

Baby Lee
10-25-2008, 04:21 PM
And f*cked in the head. I want to see how her mom turns out the next few episodes, and how that has an influence on her.

Sam is either a werewolf, or insane. I can believe either right now. I don't like that they turned Jason into a junkie. He was too entertaining as a dumbass. Now, he's just kind of pathetic, although the hippie chick he nailed was pretty hot (is she a vampire? She said she had had that bottle of V "forever"). And I hope they incorporate the dude from Generation Kill into the storyline more.

Remember her from The Class?

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/51/53/0000035153_20061021060628.jpg

Bowser
10-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Wow, impressive recall. I hardly remember that show, much less who acted in it.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that I like her better in THIS show, since I got to see her boobahs (I'm a big fan of the boobah).

Baby Lee
10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow, impressive recall. I hardly remember that show, much less who acted in it.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that I like her better in THIS show, since I got to see her boobahs (I'm a big fan of the boobah).

She, . . . stood out.

luv
10-26-2008, 07:47 PM

Yeah, I don't like Jason as a junkie either. He's someone I want to like (the dude's HOT), but I find myself just thinking of him as a jerkoff. His addiction has to add to the plot, though.

luv
10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't like Jason's new girlfriend.

Baby Lee
10-26-2008, 08:58 PM
OMFG, the voice finally got through to me, Terry Bellefeur [the Afgan vet who saw Sam runnin' nekkid'] is none other than, Todd Lowe, Lane's Zach from Gimore Girls.

Baby Lee
10-27-2008, 06:16 AM
I don't like Jason's new girlfriend.

You shut up, shut up shuddupshuddupSHUDDUP!!!!!!

:cuss::cuss:

Baby Lee
10-27-2008, 06:17 AM
BTW - even if I could have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette, I'd never have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette with Cindy Lauper playing in the background.

luv
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
You shut up, shut up shuddupshuddupSHUDDUP!!!!!!

:cuss::cuss:

I'm sorry, but being hot doesn't make up for being a psycho hippie V addict.

Baby Lee
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Haaaave you met men?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkYcaVel5bo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkYcaVel5bo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

unlurking
10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
She's really not that hot, but she does have exquisitely shaped and bouncy...

...um...

hair?

luv
10-28-2008, 07:53 AM
My favorite part of the show was the proposal. When he went to get out of the truck, I thought something bad was going to happen.

Sully
10-28-2008, 08:10 AM
BTW - even if I could have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette, I'd never have predicted Jimmy James as a nerd vamp getting freaky with Lafayette with Cindy Lauper playing in the background.

Wasn't that the Bangles? "Eternal Flame?"

I love that I'm not the only one who still thinks of him as Jimmy James, after he's been in so many other things. ROFL

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung. ...Glorious sunset of my heart was fading. Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey."

Sully
10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
She's really not that hot, but she does have exquisitely shaped and bouncy...

...um...

hair?

She looks a hell of a lot better than she did in "Mean Girls."

luv
11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, truth about Sam is out. Jason needs to listen to the gay vampire. Only three episodes left?

Tribal Warfare
11-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Well, truth about Sam is out. Jason needs to listen to the gay vampire. Only three episodes left?

That was lame

PhillyChiefFan
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Didn't Eric say that they can sense when someone has wronged a vampire and then look at Amy in Merlott's?

Also, sooo what is it with Sam, cause I'm pretty sure I saw him and the dog together in the same scene. So he can switch in and out of the dog's body???

PhillyChiefFan
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
My favorite part of the show was the proposal. When he went to get out of the truck, I thought something bad was going to happen.

Yea the music kinda made me think the he was going to break her skull with a tire iron or something. I like Rene, hope he doesn't get kilt.

luv
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Yea the music kinda made me think the he was going to break her skull with a tire iron or something. I like Rene, hope he doesn't get kilt.

That couple is just so cool.

luv
11-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Didn't Eric say that they can sense when someone has wronged a vampire and then look at Amy in Merlott's?

Also, sooo what is it with Sam, cause I'm pretty sure I saw him and the dog together in the same scene. So he can switch in and out of the dog's body???

I don't recall them being in a scene together. I don't know.

PhillyChiefFan
11-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't recall them being in a scene together. I don't know.

When Sam and the guy that has the flashbacks from Iraq, were standing taking stuff out of his truck two weeks ago, after that guy saw Sam run through the woods naked.

They were taking supplies out of Sam's truck for the bar.

Also a scene where Sam is petting him on the front porch...maybe at Sookie's place?? I don't remember

PhillyChiefFan
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
But I KNEW that was him at the end of the bed, when the dog turned his head when she was taking off her pants. I laughed when she woke up and Sam was naked at the end of the bed.

Baby Lee
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
In other news, Dane's neighbor has winterbush!!

FishingRod
11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
The Dog is Real. Sam Said he has to be around an animail to copy it.

luv
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
The Dog is Real. Sam Said he has to be around an animail to copy it.

I was sitting on my couch at 7 last night, and I thought to myself, "Ture Blood come on in an hour." However, I got busy doing other things and completely missed it. I'll have to catch the rerun sometime this week.

Baby Lee
11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
But I KNEW that was him at the end of the bed, when the dog turned his head when she was taking off her pants. I laughed when she woke up and Sam was naked at the end of the bed.

"I'm a shapeshifter"

"Shut th' f@ck up!!"

PhillyChiefFan
11-10-2008, 09:36 PM
"I'm a shapeshifter"

"Shut th' f@ck up!!"

ROFL that was great line!

The part where they ripped out the vampires fangs, bout made me gag.

PS I knew that chick Amy was a nutjob.

KcMizzou
11-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I've gotta check this show out.

Been hearing lots of good things about it.

luv
11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I've gotta check this show out.

Been hearing lots of good things about it.

It rocks. It keeps getting better and better every week. I can't wait to catch this week's episode.

KcMizzou
11-11-2008, 09:45 PM
So, I'm three episodes in, and loving it.

I mentioned it at work today, and found out three of my coworkers are big fans. I'm always late to the party.

I find the black girl (Terra) oddly attractive. I mean, there's a lot of eye candy in this show, but her eyes and her attitude... damn. I was rooting for Sam to jump all over her offer.

KcMizzou
11-11-2008, 09:47 PM
It rocks. It keeps getting better and better every week. I think everyone I talked to about it today said the same thing. It's already pretty damn cool, and I've only just started.

luv
11-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I think everyone I talked to about it today said the same thing. It's already pretty damn cool, and I've only just started.

The episode I missed Sunday is on next. I'm trying to decide if I stay up for it or wait until tomorrow when it's on at 9:00.

Well shit. Entourage is on next. Definitely waiting until tomorrow.

KcMizzou
11-12-2008, 12:55 AM
So, I'm closing in on the end of episode 5, everything seems cool... and now a major character is dead. WTF?

Fucking cliffhangers.

I can't go to bed now.

PhillyChiefFan
11-12-2008, 06:34 AM
So, I'm three episodes in, and loving it.

I mentioned it at work today, and found out three of my coworkers are big fans. I'm always late to the party.

I find the black girl (Terra) oddly attractive. I mean, there's a lot of eye candy in this show, but her eyes and her attitude... damn. I was rooting for Sam to jump all over her offer.

I know what you mean about Terra, something about her is sexy.

luv
11-12-2008, 07:26 AM
So, I'm closing in on the end of episode 5, everything seems cool... and now a major character is dead. WTF?

Fucking cliffhangers.

I can't got to bed now.

You should try not being able to watch the next episode right away. :)

luv
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Alrighty. This week's episode had better be on next.

luv
11-12-2008, 09:53 PM
That was a transition episode. Still awesome though.

PhillyChiefFan
11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Why exactly did Amy freak out and kill Eddie?? I understand Jason wanted to free him, but she just flipped and killed him??

I'm off on Monday, so I can watch it this weekend, normally I have to catch it tuesday night.

Valiant
11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Why exactly did Amy freak out and kill Eddie?? I understand Jason wanted to free him, but she just flipped and killed him??

I'm off on Monday, so I can watch it this weekend, normally I have to catch it tuesday night.

Because she is a psychotic women???

PhillyChiefFan
11-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Because she is a psychotic women???

Most decidedly so yes. :D

I dunno, I was just a little surprised when she just reared back and stuck him.

I think LaFayette's gonna get it (and I don't mean in a gay way).

SPATCH
11-13-2008, 04:05 PM
firstly, amy's tits are a sight to behold...

secondly, I decided last week that Rene is the murderer... just watch

PhillyChiefFan
11-13-2008, 04:08 PM

I don't know why, but I agree with you about Rene, and that sucks cause I like his character, could be the cajun accent though. :D

And yes...yes Amy's tits are amazing.

Baby Lee
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM

Someone's reading the spoiler guy at TheAVClub.

SPATCH
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Someone's reading the spoiler guy at TheAVClub.

i'm actually not that handy with the interwebs.. i don't even know what the AV Club is......

i just sat down and thought about it before this week's episode... Rene isn't from the town originally. everyone seems to like him, but he doesn't really have a back-story. then there's this whole wedding thing that just seemed out of place....

There have been so many twists in the show that i just got the feeling it would be someone you wouldn't suspect like Rene.

i must have superior foresight... yield to my brilliance

Bowser
11-13-2008, 10:04 PM
"He ain't seen shit, he don't know shit, he don't give a shit."

Bowser
11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
i'm actually not that handy with the interwebs.. i don't even know what the AV Club is......

i just sat down and thought about it before this week's episode... Rene isn't from the town originally. everyone seems to like him, but he doesn't really have a back-story. then there's this whole wedding thing that just seemed out of place....

There have been so many twists in the show that i just got the feeling it would be someone you wouldn't suspect like Rene.

i must have superior foresight... yield to my brilliance

Hmm. Possibly, I guess. My two educated guesses is (obvious) Sam is shifting into other humans, despite his claim that it's too hard to, and whacking people, or that the Iraqi veteran is a werewolf (he's hairy ehough for it, heh).

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Hmm. Possibly, I guess. My two educated guesses is (obvious) Sam is shifting into other humans, despite his claim that it's too hard to, and whacking people, or that the Iraqi veteran is a werewolf (he's hairy ehough for it, heh).

I don't think it's Sam honestly, cause why would he be so protective of Sookie. Also he came in right when Sookie was being chased in the kitchen.

I thought it was weird when Rene proposed to Arlene, did you notice the music in the background? It sounded like he was gonna jack her in the forehead with a tireiron. If you have on demand go back to that episode.
And how his character is slowly getting bigger and bigger in the show over the last few episodes. Maybe I've just seen too many killer movies tough. :)

BTW I hate spoilers, so I have no idea who it really is.

KcMizzou
11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Remember her from The Class?

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/51/53/0000035153_20061021060628.jpgI've been wracking my brain wondering where I'd seen her before. (Just watched episode 8)

Cloverfield. She was the stand-offish girl Hud had the crush on...

Anyway... on to episode 9.

SPATCH
11-14-2008, 09:15 PM

interesting.... my theory is that Rene is a shifter, and that he is the one who uses his ability to shift to into other humans

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 09:48 PM
interesting.... my theory is that Rene is a shifter, and that he is the one who uses his ability to shift to into other humans

Wow. that's good, I never thought about that.

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 10:02 PM
I've been wracking my brain wondering where I'd seen her before. (Just watched episode 8)

Ah yea! The one who's stomach exploded

KcMizzou
11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Ah yea! The one who's stomach explodedExactly.

She seems like a hell of an actress. (And smokin') I just couldn't place her. Very different characters.

luv
11-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Exactly.

She seems like a hell of an actress. (And smokin') I just couldn't place her. Very different characters.

Are you all caught up now?

KcMizzou
11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Are you all caught up now?As of right now, I am.

Kinda sucks. I wanna watch the next two.

KcMizzou
11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Friggin' amazing show, really. HBO's back.

luv
11-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Friggin' amazing show, really. HBO's back.

I was big on Entourage about three years ago. I just got tired of it, I guess. Friday night is my night for prime time tv with Ghost Whisperer and NUMB3RS on CBS, but then I find myself going to HBO to catch Real Time with Bill Maher. Sunday night is definitely True Blood.

KcMizzou
11-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I was big on Entourage about three years ago. I just got tired of it, I guess. Friday night is my night for prime time tv with Ghost Whisperer and NUMB3RS on CBS, but then I find myself going to HBO to catch Real Time with Bill Maher. Sunday night is definitely True Blood.Entourage kinda lost it's burst.

Showtime took the lead with Dexter, and Weeds...

But with True Blood, HBO's making a come back.

PhillyChiefFan
11-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Entourage kinda lost it's burst.

I'm still hoping for Entourage to pull it off this season, but it has definatly gone downhill

Trueblood is awesome, Weed's is good, and I have just started watching Dexter and it seems good.

luv
11-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Entourage kinda lost it's burst.

There's also a show on HBO called The Life and Times of Tim. It's an animated show, but it's good.

luv
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Getting ready to watch tonight's episode. Not going to miss it this week.

luv
11-16-2008, 08:58 PM

Damn you. You weren't supposed to be right.

Bowser
11-16-2008, 09:20 PM

Hell of a call.

okcchief
11-17-2008, 01:38 AM
I was pretty sure it was Rene after last week. You could tell by the shirt the person who attacked Sookie was wearing.

SPATCH
11-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Hell of a call.

dude. i rock........... hard.

unlurking
11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I was pretty sure it was Rene after last week. You could tell by the shirt the person who attacked Sookie was wearing.

For some reason I was thinking the Iraq guy, for the same reason, shirt.

Maybe Rene is just to throw you off the scent, and he's been tracking the killer?

Sully
11-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I've been wracking my brain wondering where I'd seen her before. (Just watched episode 8)

Also the chubby goth girl in "Mean Girls."

luv
11-18-2008, 08:57 PM

Maybe Rene is just to throw you off the scent, and he's been tracking the killer?

I don't think so.

Bowser
11-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Nah, he's the killer they were looking for in that other town Sam and Sookie went to that was never found. Drew something. His picture cam over the fax when the hottie receptionist was telling her friend that Jason Stackhouse was being thrown in jail.

And how about Michelle Forbes showing up? I got good money saying she's the queen of this area of vampires.

luv
11-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Nah, he's the killer they were looking for in that other town Sam and Sookie went to that was never found. Drew something. His picture cam over the fax when the hottie receptionist was telling her friend that Jason Stackhouse was being thrown in jail.

And how about Michelle Forbes showing up? I got good money saying she's the queen of this area of vampires.

Isn't it the one that turned Bill? I thought it looked like her.

unlurking
11-19-2008, 04:50 AM

Well, there could be a twist!!! Maybe Drew is incognito to try and hide from the killer, or hide from suspicion of the murder. Look at Jason, he's in the klink and he's innocent.

She looked pretty damn hot too. The annoying mole hill on her face didn't even bother me like usual. Longer hair is a must for her. I definitely got a creepy vibe from her, but more like a sexual predator.

PhillyChiefFan
11-19-2008, 07:32 AM

For some reason I doubt it. Remember when Rene, Jason and Hoyt were talking by the truck? When Jason says she takes V, Rene says something to Jason, that led me to think he was going to kill her. Can't figure out why the killer killed the Grandmother though.

Sucks for Jason though, he thinks he killed all of these girls.

luv
11-19-2008, 07:47 AM
For some reason I doubt it. Remember when Rene, Jason and Hoyt were talking by the truck? When Jason says she takes V, Rene says something to Jason, that led me to think he was going to kill her. Can't figure out why the killer killed the Grandmother though.

Sucks for Jason though, he thinks he killed all of these girls.

Because she befriended Bill.

Demonpenz
11-19-2008, 02:50 PM
The couple episodes i saw were hokey. I just am not into vampires I guess. I just can't believe an actor say. "she's hooked on vampire blood" and make it believeable

FishingRod
11-19-2008, 03:52 PM

Cool idea, But I think it was daytime. Wasn't it?

Baby Lee
11-19-2008, 05:09 PM
The couple episodes i saw were hokey. I just am not into vampires I guess. I just can't believe an actor say. "she's hooked on vampire blood" and make it believeable

Waitaminnit!! The girls talk?

luv
11-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Cool idea, But I think it was daytime. Wasn't it?

It was dark when they walked out of the station.

Baby Lee
11-19-2008, 07:40 PM

Oh, and vampire's blood is drugs, and vampires are gay people.

luv
11-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Season finale tomorrow night.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
SO whats better. This show or Twilight?

luv
11-22-2008, 09:12 PM

No way this is Vampire 90210. Not even comparable.

KcMizzou
11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
SO whats better. This show or Twilight?True Blood kicks ass.

It's the best new HBO series in quite a while.

I think you'd be best served by watching it from the start. Either on demand, or torrent it, if you're an evil thieving bastard like me.

KcMizzou
11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
No way this is Vampire 90210. Not even comparable.Yup. Not for the kids, or even the "tweens".

Bowser
11-22-2008, 11:06 PM

True Blood has

- hot nekkid chicks
- cool ass vampires
- kick ass storyline
- hot nekkid chicks getting banged

Twilight has

- teen love story

PhillyChiefFan
11-23-2008, 08:45 AM
True Blood has

- hot nekkid chicks
- cool ass vampires
- kick ass storyline
- hot nekkid chicks getting banged

What else do you need? :D

I saw Twilight last night, my fiance was reading the books. The movie is dull, True Blood is much much better, mostly for the reasons that Mr. Bowser just mentioned, but because the vampires are what you think they should be.

In twilight they can go out during the day, don't have fangs (or at least you don't see them), feed on animals, and I have seen Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons more realistic looking when they run at full speed.

And they sparkle...I just can not get over that.

luv
11-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Season finale time.

luv
11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Jason finding religion? Ugh!
Did Bill kill Lafayette?
And I wonder what's in Sam's past.

J Diddy
11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Season finale time.

sucks that I have to wait til next summer, I guess it's alright since I'll have big love to tide me over

PhillyChiefFan
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Did Bill kill Lafayette?
And I wonder what's in Sam's past.

I don't think he would. I think that is what they wanted you to think.

It might be, but it might be Terra's mom too.

PhillyChiefFan
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
sucks that I have to wait til next summer, I guess it's alright since I'll have big love to tide me over

That a good show??

J Diddy
11-24-2008, 06:29 PM
That a good show??

Took me a little bit to get into it, but my wife rented the first season on dvd and I got hooked.

Haven't watched anything beyond the first season so I'm gonna rent the other seasons before the new season starts.

Baby Lee
11-24-2008, 06:39 PM
That a good show??

It can wrap itself a little tight sometimes [with the crises and resolution], but it's a decent 'soap-ish' drama in a unique setting.
Paxton owns, and is the public face of, an up and coming hardware chain. He also has a wife and two kids, . . . and two more wives and their kids. They live as neighbors in a McSubdivision, with their backyards joined together, for the kids.
Paxton is the expelled son of a fundamentalist compound who publically renounced their tenets after expulsion. The first wife got ill with cancer and he rethought the merits of polygamy, talked her into accepting another wife [the daughter of the 'prophet' from the compound], ostensibly for her to take care of the first wife's convalescence and eventually care for their children after first wife's death, then she recovered. Subsequently, they took on wife three, who's a hippy-dippy girl who was their babysitter, when first wife first went back to teaching school after her recovery.
So you have a pragmatic elder wife, a fundamentalist second wife, and a 'peace and love' third, and they and their kids are dealing with the politics of mainstream society as well as the politics of the compound [because they still have family ties there].

KcMizzou
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Did Bill kill Lafayette?
And I wonder what's in Sam's past.Seems like Lafayette was in the cop's car at the end. Remember him painting his toenails?

It'd suck if he's dead, though. That guy's hilarious.

I could see him as a vamp.

PhillyChiefFan
11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
It can wrap itself a little tight sometimes [with the crises and resolution], but it's a decent 'soap-ish' drama in a unique setting.
Paxton owns, and is the public face of, an up and coming hardware chain. He also has a wife and two kids, . . . and two more wives and their kids. They live as neighbors in a McSubdivision, with their backyards joined together, for the kids.
Paxton is the expelled son of a fundamentalist compound who publically renounced their tenets after expulsion. The first wife got ill with cancer and he rethought the merits of polygamy, talked her into accepting another wife [the daughter of the 'prophet' from the compound], ostensibly for her to take care of the first wife's convalescence and eventually care for their children after first wife's death, then she recovered. Subsequently, they took on wife three, who's a hippy-dippy girl who was their babysitter, when first wife first went back to teaching school after her recovery.
So you have a pragmatic elder wife, a fundamentalist second wife, and a 'peace and love' third, and they and their kids are dealing with the politics of mainstream society as well as the politics of the compound [because they still have family ties there].

Wow. Sounds good, I'll have to check it out.

PhillyChiefFan
11-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Seems like Lafayette was in the cop's car at the end. Remember him painting his toenails?

It'd suck if he's dead, though. That guy's hilarious.

I could see him as a vamp.

I don't know, cause he jumped up on the trash can and whatever came after him stopped.

Didn't Bill know LaFayette? I don't know if he would kill him, I think that's what they want you to think.

Didn't Terra's mom paint her toenails too after she got "fixed"? I dunno.

I hope lafayette isn't dead either

FishingRod
11-26-2008, 04:43 PM
I would seem that the chick Tara is staying with is either a shape shifter or a werewolf. He did mention at one time that Werewolves were nasty. She did know Sam and he didn't like her.
I think she may have turned into a wild boar and killed Lafayette.

Bowser
11-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I think making LaFayette a vampire is a natural progression to the story, especially after his affair with that public official (governor? senator?). I'd like to see that Bill turned him, just so LaFayette can deal with the new vampire/bitch Jessica. Heh.

I don't think we've been introduced to a werewolf yet, unless Terry is one and we just haven't seen it yet.

KcMizzou
11-27-2008, 12:16 AM
I think making LaFayette a vampire is a natural progression to the story, especially after his affair with that public official (governor? senator?). I'd like to see that Bill turned him, just so LaFayette can deal with the new vampire/bitch Jessica. Heh.
They can't just kill him off. He's one of the (if not "the") best characters on the show.

I'm convinced he'll be back in one way or another.

Buck
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
So how is this True Blood Show?

Everything HBO has amazed me so far, I'm considering making it my next HBO purchase.

luv
05-20-2009, 04:26 PM

Everything HBO has amazed me so far, I'm considering making it my next HBO purchase.

Has the new season started!?!?

I don't have HBO at the new place. :deevee:

keg in kc
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
True Blood was pretty good. Season 2 starts in June, the 14th I think.

Miles
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM

I enjoyed it. It's fairly trashy but in a good way.

I would suggest renting it rather than buying it because I don't know if it has as much replay value as the other HBO shows like Deadwood, The Wire and Rome.

The Blu-Ray is also supposed to be well done.

Miles
05-20-2009, 04:46 PM
True Blood was pretty good. Season 2 starts in June, the 14th I think.

Nice not having to wait at least a year between seasons for an HBO show.

Buck
05-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I enjoyed it. It's fairly trashy but in a good way.

I would suggest renting it rather than buying it because I don't know if it has as much replay value as the other HBO shows like Deadwood, The Wire and Rome.

The Blu-Ray is also supposed to be well done.

Cool.

Unfortunately I have a backward ass brain. I never rent anything because it is a waste of money. I either purchase it or I don't.

At least I have a cool looking DVD rack thats almost full of Blu-Rays/DVDs/Video Games

keg in kc
06-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Just a reminder, season 2 starts-up Sunday night.

J Diddy
06-14-2009, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the reminder. It had been so long since I watched season 1 that it slipped my mind.

BWillie
06-14-2009, 12:31 AM

It's terrible. Most everything else on HBO is pretty good, but true blood is really bad. It is basically a bad soap opera with vampires. Everybody is fucking everybody bla bla bla

J Diddy
06-14-2009, 12:32 AM
It's terrible. Most everything else on HBO is pretty good, but true blood is really bad. It is basically a bad soap opera with vampires. Everybody is ****ing everybody bla bla bla

you are out of your mind, it's great

Deberg_1990
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Anna Paquin nude = WIN

keg in kc
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Anna Paquin nude = WINNote about tonight's episode...

Anna Paquin gets far more naked in this episode than in any prior installment.

BIG WIN

Baby Lee
06-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Note about tonight's episode...

BIG WIN

far more = longer duration?
or
far more = scandal patch?

6 hours.

luv
06-14-2009, 03:47 PM
It's terrible. Most everything else on HBO is pretty good, but true blood is really bad. It is basically a bad soap opera with vampires. Everybody is fucking everybody bla bla bla

I always knew you had no taste.

luv
06-14-2009, 03:48 PM

Yeah, and I don't have HBO anymore. :(

KcMizzou
06-14-2009, 04:23 PM
far more = longer duration?
or
far more = scandal patch?

6 hours.Can't really go wrong either way...

KChiefs1
06-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I love nudity!

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, and I don't have HBO anymore. :(

add this to the thread starter

streaming episodes

Great Expectations
06-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought last night was a promising start for season 2, what is the deal with Sam's ex fling?

Bowser
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I thought last night was a promising start for season 2, what is the deal with Sam's ex fling?

She couldn't be the queen, could she? Are they daywalkers? She sure spazzes when she has an orgasm, though. Heh.

And I was pleased that they haven't killed off LaFayette. Yet.

BWillie
06-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Is Lafayette played by the same guy? He looked a little different to me.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 03:04 PM
It's terrible. Most everything else on HBO is pretty good, but true blood is really bad. It is basically a bad soap opera with vampires. Everybody is ****ing everybody bla bla bla

I donít care if itís a soap opera or not, Anna Paquin got nekid. Thatís damn good TV right there. :thumb:

Baby Lee
06-15-2009, 03:05 PM

Facial hair growing in d/t imprisonment.

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
what is the deal with Sam's ex fling?

Werewolf

BWillie
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I donít care if itís a soap opera or not, Anna Paquin got nekid. Thatís damn good TV right there. :thumb:

I see girls as hot as Anna Paquin every single day of my life. She's hot yeah, but just because there is T and A, isn't a reason to like this show. I only watch it because my girlfriend loves it and doesn't have HBO. So what can I do.

OmahaChief
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Good first week back. Looking forward to the season and all the twists they have planned.

Bowser
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM

Yeah, same guy. Looks a bit different with no makeup, eyeliner, earrings, or gold pants.

What's the chances Erich or Pam turn him?

Bowser
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I see girls as hot as Anna Paquin every single day of my life. She's hot yeah, but just because there is T and A, isn't a reason to like this show. I only watch it because my girlfriend loves it and doesn't have HBO. So what can I do.

Are you a janitor at the Playboy Mansion, by chance?

BWillie
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I always knew you had no taste.

Well with that said, the first episode was pretty good. I like how the brother is going to turn into a religious nutcase.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Werewolf

Mrs. Radar and I were thinking a powerful witch, or lesser demon or something. She appears to need Tara and her new boyfriend together for some purpose. Also suspect she cut the heart out of the fake voodoo woman.

BWillie
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Are you a janitor at the Playboy Mansion, by chance?

Most celebrities are placed on a pedestal, so males tend to gaga over them. If you were down at the bar on a Friday and Saturday Night I would see many many girls as hot as Anna Paquin. Sure there are celebs that really go above and beyond that 9 mark, but if you saw Anna Paquin at a bar and didn't know she was a celebrity you would just be like , oh look, another attractive blonde girl and go about your way, or go hit on her as usual.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Well with that said, the first episode was pretty good. I like how the brother is going to turn into a religious nutcase.

Heís being groomed as a suicide bomber, or a fall guy for something.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Most celebrities are placed on a pedestal, so males tend to gaga over them. If you were down at the bar on a Friday and Saturday Night I would see many many girls as hot as Anna Paquin. Sure there are celebs that really go above and beyond that 9 mark, but if you saw Anna Paquin at a bar and didn't know she was a celebrity you would just be like , oh look, another attractive blonde girl and go about your way, or go hit on her as usual.

So, she still got nekid. If any of the anonymous chicks from the bar you mentioned got nekid on TV Iíd be just as happy to watch them. :shrug:

Bowser
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Mrs. Radar and I were thinking a powerful witch, or lesser demon or something. She appears to need Tara and her new boyfriend together for some purpose. Also suspect she cut the heart out of the fake voodoo woman.

Yeah, my thought as well. Something ancient and powerful. She seems to have an affinity for the old gods, so maybe there is something there?

The HBO show and the books kind of follow the same path, but there are big differences. In the books, Eggs is a werewolf. And Jason does indeed get heavily involved with those religious nutjobs, but LaFayette and Tara play pretty small roles. So we'll see.

And is it just me, or is Michelle Forbes getting hotter the older she gets?

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2009, 08:25 PM
<object width="669" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/QWKJQT3X182d4b7bda36e05f1d6fbdde0900f2a3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/QWKJQT3X182d4b7bda36e05f1d6fbdde0900f2a3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="669" height="360"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
06-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I watched True Blood at the beginning but it just got to disturbing after awhile.

luv
06-15-2009, 08:58 PM
She couldn't be the queen, could she? Are they daywalkers? She sure spazzes when she has an orgasm, though. Heh.

And I was pleased that they haven't killed off LaFayette. Yet.

I don't think they will. He hasn't done anything to harm them. I mean, he sells their blood, but it's only in return for what he does for them.

luv
06-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I watched True Blood at the beginning but it just got to disturbing after awhile.

Laz! You're not dead!

KcMizzou
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I watched True Blood at the beginning but it just got to disturbing after awhile.Wow, really?

KcMizzou
06-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking full body vibration like a friggin' hummingbird could be a good thing.

Just sayin'.

luv
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking full body vibration like a friggin' hummingbird could be a good thing.

Just sayin'.

LMAO

Yeah, right. You'd be just as freaked out as he was. :p

KcMizzou
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM
LMAO

Yeah, right. You'd be just as freaked out as he was. :pWell, the first time, sure! But after that, I'd be all in... so to speak.

Radar Chief
06-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah, my thought as well. Something ancient and powerful. She seems to have an affinity for the old gods, so maybe there is something there?

The HBO show and the books kind of follow the same path, but there are big differences. In the books, Eggs is a werewolf. And Jason does indeed get heavily involved with those religious nutjobs, but LaFayette and Tara play pretty small roles. So we'll see.

Thatís interesting, thanks for the spoiler. :thumb:
I was thinking that if she cut the heart out of the Voodoo woman that she needed it for some sort of spell, like maybe summoning something powerful, and that Tara and her boyfriend fit into that somehow. I hope Iím wrong though, if the show is that predictable Iíll get bored with it quickly.

And is it just me, or is Michelle Forbes getting hotter the older she gets?

Oh, itís definitely not just you. ;)

Radar Chief
06-16-2009, 08:12 AM

Thatís actually what I like about it.

Great Expectations
06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I appears that LaFayette is going to be a Vamp, and that Jason is going to nail the preacher's wife.

luv
06-16-2009, 11:05 PM
I appears that LaFayette is going to be a Vamp, and that Jason is going to nail the preacher's wife.

You know something? I thought those same things when I watched...lol.

KcMizzou
06-16-2009, 11:25 PM
You know something? I thought those same things when I watched...lol.Sounds about right.

Great Expectations
06-17-2009, 08:42 AM

Pure speculation

crazycoffey
06-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Pure speculation

good speculation, I figure that too (Luv, I guess great minds think alike?)

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2009, 06:18 PM

All I could think was "Damn! Sookie's ass got bigger. And I like it."

luv
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Gross thought for the day:

When he bites her neck an then kisses her....

Would that be like a guy redwinging it and then kissing you?

Seriously. That, to me was the grossest part of the show. And I hate that there won't be as many sex scenes with Jason. :(

Katipan
06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Gross thought for the day:

When he bites her neck an then kisses her....

Would that be like a guy redwinging it and then kissing you?

Seriously. That, to me was the grossest part of the show. And I hate that there won't be as many sex scenes with Jason. :(

If the blood coming from your neck looks like the blood from your box, you've probably got other problems to worry about.

keg in kc
06-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Eww.

Bowser
06-18-2009, 07:45 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2CmWNfTh5I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2CmWNfTh5I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Fish
06-19-2009, 09:52 AM

Big spoiler.... but I'm pretty sure I've figured out what Maryann is....

She's a Maenad.

In Greek mythology, Maenads were the female followers of Dionysus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus), the most significant members of the Thiasus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiasus), the retinue of Dionysus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". Often the maenads were portrayed as inspired by him into a state of ecstatic frenzy, through a combination of dancing and drunken intoxication. In this state, they would lose all self control, begin shouting excitedly, engage in uncontrolled sexual behavior, and ritualistically hunt down and tear animals (and sometimes men and children) to pieces, devouring the raw flesh.

A maenad is a creature that requires offerings (or tributes) from other supernatural creatures who serve alcohol. If they’re not properly honored they tend to get angry and cause madness in people (supernatural and human) or even kill them.

Bacchus was the god of the grape, of course, so bars are very interesting to maenads. In fact, so interesting that they don’t like other creatures of darkness becoming involved. Maenads believe that the violence sparked by the consumption of alcohol belongs to them; that’s what they feed off, now that no one formally worships their god. And they are attracted to pride.”

Sam was obviously frightened by her, and giving her the money was a "tribute" to her. But she tells him that's not what she wants... so something else is going on there. I think she's affecting Sam a little bit already... He's getting moody. I think she may be slowly driving him mad. She feeds off the madness basically.

There were several pictures of maenads around Maryann's house. Including the huge one that Sookie and boytoy were looking at across the pool. If I remember correctly, it was this pic, which is Pan and a maenad...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8195/0282990564.jpg

Baby Lee
06-19-2009, 10:06 AM

That's the theory I've heard and like best.

Miss Understood
06-19-2009, 05:42 PM

She's a Maenad.

In Greek mythology, Maenads were the female followers of Dionysus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus), the most significant members of the Thiasus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiasus), the retinue of Dionysus. Their name literally translates as "raving ones". Often the maenads were portrayed as inspired by him into a state of ecstatic frenzy, through a combination of dancing and drunken intoxication. In this state, they would lose all self control, begin shouting excitedly, engage in uncontrolled sexual behavior, and ritualistically hunt down and tear animals (and sometimes men and children) to pieces, devouring the raw flesh.

A maenad is a creature that requires offerings (or tributes) from other supernatural creatures who serve alcohol. If theyíre not properly honored they tend to get angry and cause madness in people (supernatural and human) or even kill them.

Bacchus was the god of the grape, of course, so bars are very interesting to maenads. In fact, so interesting that they donít like other creatures of darkness becoming involved. Maenads believe that the violence sparked by the consumption of alcohol belongs to them; thatís what they feed off, now that no one formally worships their god. And they are attracted to pride.Ē

Sam was obviously frightened by her, and giving her the money was a "tribute" to her. But she tells him that's not what she wants... so something else is going on there. I think she's affecting Sam a little bit already... He's getting moody. I think she may be slowly driving him mad. She feeds off the madness basically.

There were several pictures of maenads around Maryann's house. Including the huge one that Sookie and boytoy were looking at across the pool. If I remember correctly, it was this pic, which is Pan and a maenad...

That wasn't Sookie. That was Tara. Other than that, I think you're on to something.

Bowser
06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
So how does that pet hog get into the story?

luv
06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I wish I had HBO here. :(

Tribal Warfare
06-22-2009, 01:31 AM
I wish I had HBO here. :(

add this to the thread starter

streaming episodes

Stryker
06-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Just got season 1 through Netflix. Will sit down and watch it with the wife.

Radar Chief
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM

She's a Maenad.

A maenad is a creature that requires offerings (or tributes) from other supernatural creatures who serve alcohol. If theyíre not properly honored they tend to get angry and cause madness in people (supernatural and human) or even kill them.

Bacchus was the god of the grape, of course, so bars are very interesting to maenads. In fact, so interesting that they donít like other creatures of darkness becoming involved. Maenads believe that the violence sparked by the consumption of alcohol belongs to them; thatís what they feed off, now that no one formally worships their god. And they are attracted to pride.Ē

I think you're on to it.

luv
06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Okay. I just watched episode 2. So, so awesome.

luv
06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I can't believe that Lafayette asked for it.

And I wonder what they'll do with the little sister?

Bowser
06-22-2009, 08:03 PM

And I wonder what they'll do with the little sister?

Better that than dead, no?

And I think Bill will glam the whole family into not remembering shit.

KcMizzou
06-22-2009, 08:07 PM

He will make for a cool vamp though... he was right about that.

KcMizzou
06-22-2009, 08:08 PM

And I think Bill will glam the whole family into not remembering shit.Yeah, he obviously won't kill 'em.

KcMizzou
06-22-2009, 08:11 PM

She's a Maenad.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8195/0282990564.jpgThe more we see of her, the more this looks to be correct. Very cool...

luv
06-22-2009, 08:25 PM

And I think Bill will glam the whole family into not remembering shit.

True.

And I dunno. He was pretty pissed. At least you guys can look forward to seeing more make up sex with him and Sookie.

luv
06-22-2009, 08:27 PM
He will make for a cool vamp though... he was right about that.

I think so, too.

I'm so not liking the Jason as a religious zealot thing.

Bowser
06-22-2009, 08:31 PM
True.

And I dunno. He was pretty pissed. At least you guys can look forward to seeing more make up sex with him and Sookie.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do from here on out. My wife has read the books, and she says they follow some storylines, but have completely created new ones in other areas. She said in the books, LaFayette was a minor character and got killed early, while Tara didn't show up until the third book, and there was no Jessica. So we'll see.

Bowser
06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I think so, too.

I'm so not liking the Jason as a religious zealot thing.

Heh. Give it time. He'll get kicked out just as soon as he bangs the preacher's wife (you know it's coming).

Plus, he may interact with Erich and Sookie when they get to Dallas.....

Bowser
06-22-2009, 08:34 PM
The more we see of her, the more this looks to be correct. Very cool...

I was kinda suprised at this. Vampire and Greek mythos don't often interact.

KcMizzou
06-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I was kinda suprised at this. Vampire and Greek mythos don't often interact.It'd be a hell of a cool turn of events, though...

At this point... Sam seems like the only one who can explain exactly what she is.

luv
06-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I was kinda suprised at this. Vampire and Greek mythos don't often interact.

Did you see the one woman's eyes that was dancing by herself (the one Tara told off at the bar) when she looked up? It's like she had no eyes.

Bowser
06-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Did you see the one woman's eyes that was dancing by herself (the one Tara told off at the bar) when she looked up? It's like she had no eyes.

Yep. I'm guessing she was spellbound, since Tara was yelling at her for never hitting on anybody, and there she was all over Eggs and the dance floor (I chuckled at watching a confused Andy dance, heh).

Did you read KC Fish's spoiler? It pretty well sums up what happened in the bar.

KcMizzou
06-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Yep. I'm guessing she was spellbound, since Tara was yelling at her for never hitting on anybody, and there she was all over Eggs and the dance floor (I chuckled at watching a confused Andy dance, heh).

Did you read KC Fish's spoiler? It pretty well sums up what happened in the bar.Tara didn't really seem to be affected. The whole bar went nuts, yet... She just did her job most of the time. She did dance with Eggs (only eggs), but she'd have done that anyway, I think...

luv
06-22-2009, 09:54 PM

Did you read KC Fish's spoiler? It pretty well sums up what happened in the bar.

Yes, I read it. But then she told Sam she has the power to show what he really is, it made me wonder what the lady on the dance floor might be. Just creeped me out.

Also, someone said that Jason was going to become a fall guy. I can see it. Did you see how happy they were when he nearly killed Sarah when she played the vampire? They want revenge on whoever killed Steve's father.

luv
06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Tara didn't really seem to be affected. The whole bar went nuts, yet... She just did her job most of the time. She did dance with Eggs (only eggs), but she'd have done that anyway, I think...

That's kind of what I thought. She's also questioning everything being too good to be true. I wonder what will happen if Tara were to decide to move in with Sookie.

Bowser
06-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Yes, I read it. But then she told Sam she has the power to show what he really is, it made me wonder what the lady on the dance floor might be. Just creeped me out.

Also, someone said that Jason was going to become a fall guy. I can see it. Did you see how happy they were when he nearly killed Sarah when she played the vampire? They want revenge on whoever killed Steve's father.

I can see where they might want to use him as a scapegoat, or somesuch. That other ex-jock was talking about how long it took him to get to the leadership camp, and got mad when Jason said it took him all of two days. With Erich, Pam, and Sookie (and Bill?) going to be in Dallas the same time Jason is at this cult camp, I'm sure there may be a bit of killing going on. But Jason is clearly crossed up about vampires from the way he flashed back to Stephen Root in his basement.

Bowser
06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Like I've said, I don't know how much the HBO show and the books differ, but I'll do this anyway....

In the books, MaryAnn is after Erich. That scene from next weeek where Sookie storms out of the car leads to her running into MaryAnn. in the book, she gashes open Sookie and infects her with some kind of poison that only vampires can heal by sucking it out. She says to Sookie "Tell Erich I said hi.", and then leaves her. It takes Erich, Pam, and Chow taking turns sucking this stuff out of her (since there is so much) just to save her.

So take that as you will

luv
06-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Like I've said, I don't know how much the HBO show and the books differ, but I'll do this anyway....

In the books, MaryAnn is after Erich. That scene from next weeek, where Sookie storms out of the car leads to her running into MaryAnn in the book, who in turn gashes open Sookie and infects her with some kind of poison that only vampires can heal by sucking it out. She says to Sookie "Tell Erich I said hi.", and then leaves her. It takes Erich, Pam, and Chow taking turns sucking this stuff out of her since there is so much just to save her.

So take that as you will

She did ask Sam what made him think she was there for him.