PDA

View Full Version : Elections How the Hell is this even a race?

MahiMike
09-25-2008, 08:30 PM
For crying out loud! The Republicans shouldn't even be allowed to enter this year. They should get a red card for the past 8 years and forced to skip until 2012.

Lotta power in that FOX news channel.:cuss:

***SPRAYER
09-25-2008, 08:45 PM
At this point, can we just call them "politicians"? Distinguishing between D and R and this point is kind of silly.

MTG#10
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
For crying out loud! The Republicans shouldn't even be allowed to enter this year. They should get a red card for the past 8 years and forced to skip until 2012.

It woudnt have been a race if the Dems would have picked a candidate worth a shit.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
At this point, can we just call them "politicians"? Distinguishing between D and R and this point is kind of silly.

Your opinion would carry some weight on this if you weren't going to vote for one of them anyway.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Your opinion would carry some weight on this if you weren't going to vote for one of them anyway.

I don't think I will vote. I think I give up.

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 08:52 PM
That would be more admirable than falling in line behind a candidate you think blows.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Huge portions of the electorate are stupid.

Bill Parcells
09-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Only now, not in the 90's. :clap: :evil:

MahiMike
09-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm an independent. I never look at the letter behind their names when voting. However, given the history of the last administration, guilt by association reigns supreme.

NewChief
09-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't think I will vote. I think I give up.

Dude. What happened to you? This bailout thing the last straw for you in this election?

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2008, 09:10 PM
This is what passes for a thread in DC?

It's like another thread bitching about Carl in the lounge.

Friendo
09-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Dude. What happened to you? This bailout thing the last straw for you in this election?

I'm guessing that and Palin's sterling performance

MahiMike
09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Well seriously. Can a Republican among you explain to me why you still support your party? Can you objectively say that if Obama were conservative and Mccain were liberal that you'd still vote the same way?

I'm not putting you down. I'm really not. I'm simply agast at how you guys can vote for Bush twice, see the results of this catastrophe and still want to vote for the same party.

Why?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I started a thread last week to ask people of both sides to honestly critique their candidates. I got two Republicans to respond, patteeu and BigCatDaddy.

You cannot overestimate the filial piety within the Republican hierarchy. Obey at all costs and never question your candidate no matter what their stances.

SNR
09-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I started a thread last week to ask people of both sides to honestly critique their candidates. I got two Republicans to respond, patteeu and BigCatDaddy.

You cannot overestimate the filial piety within the Republican hierarchy. Obey at all costs and never question your candidate no matter what their stances.Even then, patteeu is more of a libertarian. At least socially and economically.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Even then, patteeu is more of a libertarian. At least socially and economically.

I would agree with that. I don't agree with much of what he says, but I respect the fact that he's at least forthright with his opinion. patteeu's a good guy, and you can have a reasonable discussion with him. I wish his internet was faster, perhaps it would dissuade the Roy's of the world from lopping a decimal place off the collective IQ of this forum.

CHIEF4EVER
09-25-2008, 09:58 PM

Thats why the Dems always get so many votes....well, that and votes from the deceased. :Poke::fire:

BucEyedPea
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Well seriously. Can a Republican among you explain to me why you still support your party? Can you objectively say that if Obama were conservative and Mccain were liberal that you'd still vote the same way?

I'm not putting you down. I'm really not. I'm simply agast at how you guys can vote for Bush twice, see the results of this catastrophe and still want to vote for the same party.

Why?

I am still a registered Republican but I am in a state with a closed primary.
I support the platform essentially it's just not applied much anymore.
I'd be an Indy if I was not in a closed primary state.

I voted Bush 2000, but was not crazy about him. I did not vote for him in 2004. I voted 3p. I voted D in the 2006 congressionals.

Until the difficulties of 3P candidates getting on ballots and other things are removed, it's better to try to take control inside the GOP for now. I was hoping that would happen with Paul in the primaries.

I am also a former Democrat but wasn't one for long and was mostly because I grew up in a somewhat liberal, but not too liberal, Democratic home.

chagrin
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM

because even with the sad state of republicans, your democrats and "others" are equally pathetic, ya can't even get the golden dark child enough support to get a landslide....that my friend trumps all the anti repub threads in this hell of a forum, and really exposes Barak's weakness; he can't hold a real lead over McCain/Palin and that's really sad...but what else would you expect from idealists anyway? They're too busy talking and posting on political forums and not actually doing anything to drum up support...hilarious

and there is nothing you or anyone else can say to spin that; awesome

chagrin
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I am still a registered Republican but I am in a state with a closed primary.
I support the platform essentially it's just not applied much anymore.
I'd be an Indy if I was not in a closed primary state.

I voted Bush 2000, but was not crazy about him. I did not vote for him in 2004. I voted 3p. I voted D in the 2006 congressionals.

Until the difficulties of 3P candidates getting on ballots and other things are removed, it's better to try to take control inside the GOP for now. I was hoping that would happen with Paul in the primaries.

I am also a former Democrat but wasn't one for long and was mostly because I grew up in a somewhat liberal, but not too liberal, Democratic home.

You're whatever is popular at the time, end of story

HolmeZz
09-25-2008, 11:39 PM
the golden dark child

Chargin racist? Neverrrrrrrr.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2008, 11:43 PM
the golden dark child

What the **** is the matter with you?

Nightfyre
09-25-2008, 11:44 PM
This is still a race? Color me surprised.

(First in with: OMG RACE CARD.)

patteeu
09-26-2008, 07:44 AM

Why?

Because democrats are to blame for the worst parts of the last 8 years. In particular, I'm offended that democrats chose to undermine the war effort in order to gain politically. Oh, and because democrats stand for a bunch of things that I oppose like higher levels of government spending than even Bush achieved and a tax code that punishes producers and damages our competitiveness in the global marketplace.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2008, 10:41 AM

then you should leave the country.

jAZ
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Wedge issues and a divided electorate + black candidate with muslim sounding name = close race no matter what happens.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Wedge issues and a divided electorate + black candidate with muslim sounding name = close race no matter what happens.

Or it could be the fact that Obama will raise taxes on the people. I think most people understand this. I have said it before, Obama is the right person at the wrong time.

mikeboogie
09-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I think we all should be skeptical of anyone who wants to be President so bad. I think I would like to vote for someone who is being drug kicking and screaming into the whitehouse. They might actually represent the people and obey the Constitution.

Also, since race is being brought up... Are you considered a racist if you do not vote for Obama?

Chief Henry
09-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Are you considered a racist if you do not vote for Obama?

No...why ?

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 11:00 AM
it's a race because...

1. our political system is broken so there a few really good choices

2. 1/3 of the U.S. population will vote republican NO MATTER WHAT/WHO/WHEN/HOW

mikeboogie
09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Even the thread title suggests "Why wouldn't you vote for Obama?" and it seems that race is the only reason his supporters can come up with.

I think that Obama will win.... But if he does not I believe the media will blame it on his Race.

tiptap
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
What the **** is the matter with you?

I think he is referring to Black Madonna and Child Renaissance pieces.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM

You cannot overestimate the filial piety within the Republican hierarchy. Obey at all costs and never question your candidate no matter what their stances.

"You forgot....Kotter responded!"

[dickweed liberal/whiney assed Dems/others who refuse to accept a conservative faction within their party]

PRIEST
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/shannonk/092508_Huggie_iReport.jpg

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Can you objectively say that if Obama were conservative and Mccain were liberal that you'd still vote the same way?

I

If McCain was black and Obama white you mean? Yes I would still vote the same way. In fact, if he would have ran I would have rather had Colin Powell as the Rep. candidate over all the others.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
If McCain was black and Obama white you mean? Yes I would still vote the same way. In fact, if he would have ran I would have rather had Colin Powell as the Rep. candidate over all the others.

I would take colin over either of these candidates although I would still have a problem with his stance on AA.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 12:53 PM

How the hell is this even a thread?

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
I would take colin over either of these candidates although I would still have a problem with his stance on AA.
True, but you're never going to find a candidate that believes exactly 100% the same way you do.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 01:09 PM

BIG DADDY says you're an idiot for voting for someone who would 'legalize discrimination against you'.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
BIG DADDY says you're an idiot for voting for someone who would 'legalize discrimination against you'.

Its already legal.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Its already legal.

Touche.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
True, but you're never going to find a candidate that believes exactly 100% the same way you do.

That is true. I think legalizing racism is a really bad idea.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
That is true. I think legalizing racism is a really bad idea.
But its already legalized. Do you think any of the other possible candidates would have pushed to get rid of it? I doubt it.

MahiMike
09-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Or it could be the fact that Obama will raise taxes on the people. I think most people understand this. I have said it before, Obama is the right person at the wrong time.

There it is! That's the one I was waiting for! See it really has nothing to do with any of the top 20 issues this country is facing. With the Republicans, it's always about 2 things; queers and taxes.

The stock market can crash tomorrow and you'll still be screaming - "Where's my freaking tax cut???!!!"

MahiMike
09-26-2008, 07:29 PM
because even with the sad state of republicans, your democrats and "others" are equally pathetic, ya can't even get the golden dark child enough support to get a landslide....that my friend trumps all the anti repub threads in this hell of a forum, and really exposes Barak's weakness; he can't hold a real lead over McCain/Palin and that's really sad...but what else would you expect from idealists anyway? They're too busy talking and posting on political forums and not actually doing anything to drum up support...hilarious

and there is nothing you or anyone else can say to spin that; awesome

Soooo, you'll go for the party that wants to kill innocent people at $1B/month vs. one that would use that money on health care for U.S. citizens?

MahiMike
09-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Because democrats are to blame for the worst parts of the last 8 years. In particular, I'm offended that democrats chose to undermine the war effort in order to gain politically. Oh, and because democrats stand for a bunch of things that I oppose like higher levels of government spending than even Bush achieved and a tax code that punishes producers and damages our competitiveness in the global marketplace.

Well, I guess neither side does anything without a hidden agenda. But I can assure that it's in a liberal's backbone to oppose war. Especially one that congress nor the U.N. nor any other country (other than England) wanted. Ask any of these countries what they think - conservative or otherwise. Then ask them if they're glad their tax dollars aren't supporting this hideous effort.

Mecca
09-26-2008, 07:34 PM

That reminds me of the person who told me Obama is a racist.

patteeu
09-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Well, I guess neither side does anything without a hidden agenda. But I can assure that it's in a liberal's backbone to oppose war. Especially one that congress nor the U.N. nor any other country (other than England) wanted. Ask any of these countries what they think - conservative or otherwise. Then ask them if they're glad their tax dollars aren't supporting this hideous effort.

I don't care whether it's a compulsion to do the wrong thing that's built into their DNA or just foolishness. Whatever it is, it's why the democrats can't get my support.