PDA

View Full Version : Elections Obama Campaign Asks MO Law Enforcement To Target Anyone Who "Lies" About Obama

RINGLEADER
09-25-2008, 11:37 PM
http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

An Obama "Truth Squad" comprised of sheriffs and prosecutors out to threaten those who may question their candidate.

To quote Obama: You can't make this stuff up.

SBK
09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Now that's change.

Taco John
09-26-2008, 12:17 AM
McCain invented the APB.

jAZ
09-26-2008, 12:23 AM
http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

An Obama "Truth Squad" comprised of sheriffs and prosecutors out to threaten those who may question their candidate.

To quote Obama: You can't make this stuff up.
They didn't quote anyone saying anything about plans to arrest anyone. So it seems its entirely possible that they did indeed "make this stuff up". They certainly blew an opportunity to show one of them saying anything like whatyou put in your thread title.

The anchor mentioned "ethics laws" but then showed video of people talking about "setting the record straight"... which itself seems pretty reasonable.

To quote Clara Peller... "where's the beef?"

SBK
09-26-2008, 12:55 AM
They didn't quote anyone saying anything about plans to arrest anyone. So it seems its entirely possible that they did indeed "make this stuff up". They certainly blew an opportunity to show one of them saying anything like whatyou put in your thread title.

The anchor mentioned "ethics laws" but then showed video of people talking about "setting the record straight"... which itself seems pretty reasonable.

To quote Clara Peller... "where's the beef?"

I'm sure you'd have no problem with a "truth squad" made up of law enforcement and prosecutors out to "make sure" that nobody tells any "lies" about McCain too right?

Ugly Duck
09-26-2008, 01:06 AM
people talking about "setting the record straight"... which itself seems pretty reasonable.

People telling the truth to combat lies? Whoa.... That'll drive the RWNJs crazy!

Mecca
09-26-2008, 01:08 AM
I got a call from the GOP of Missouri today.....I answered their questions and they seemed upset.

jAZ
09-26-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm sure you'd have no problem with a "truth squad" made up of law enforcement and prosecutors out to "make sure" that nobody tells any "lies" about McCain too right?

Based on the quotes in the video, your statement is false. They are making sure that when someone lies, someone else "sets the record straight".

I looked up the "eithics laws" and I didn't see anything about the law discussing "lies" or anything of the sort. It was about "this ad is paid for by "... and the other legal disclaimers required on campaign materials.

Bootlegged
09-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Obama has a vagina and has killed 243 cats.

Come get me.

gblowfish
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Where can I get a "Missouri Truth Squad" TShirt?

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
hehhe
what a joke

***SPRAYER
09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Well duh. He is a Stalinist.

jidar
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Well duh. He is a Stalinist.

Your mom is like communism, every man gets a share.

Calcountry
09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Now that's change.We can only Hope that it is true.

Calcountry
09-26-2008, 05:50 PM

To quote Clara Peller... "where's the beef?"No, you are quoting Sir Walter Mondale on that one. He quoted Clara Peller.

Walter, took it to a whole new level.

You don't want to go there, he forgot the blue paint for the election night party.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
first of all .... the local law enforcement should monitor general ethics for all, not just 1 particular person or candidate.

they should do it all the time, not just for an election.

this is weird

no way should local law enforcer let themselves be commandeered by anyone.

sounds like alot of stuff is missing from this story