PDA

View Full Version : Elections The inevitable post-debate distraction.

Direckshun
09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
If McCain shows up to debate, I'm pretty much waiting for it.

It happened with all three debates in 2004, Kerry pretty much flattened Bush in the first debate and edged him in the other two, but after every single debate, Rove's campaign would trot out some fake controversy from the debate to get people talking about whether Kerry brought up Cheney's gay daughter to smear Cheney, instead of how much stronger Kerry's performance was than Bush's.

I don't know what the post-debate distraction is going to be this time around, but McCain's run nothing but a campaign of distractions, so I have no doubt we'll know what it is in approximately 13 hours.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
silly economy distraction a McCain creation was it?

Frankie
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
silly economy distraction a McCain creation was it?

This reply IS an attempt at a distraction from the point he is trying to make. No one is arguing the economic collapse. that is not the point. The point is McCain and his ads are yet to mention any real issues.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
while Obama focuses on McCains surgical scars?

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
while Obama focuses on McCains surgical scars?

I've heard nothing of this.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Do you live in a cave?

And I suppose the Obama attacks on McCain for having no shoulder mobility was on issue as well?

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Do you live in a cave?

And I suppose the Obama attacks on McCain for having no shoulder mobility was on issue as well?

I can't even find anything on google for either of those claims, link please?

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:11 AM
shoulder? who gives a crap about a shoulder?

sound like another GOP email designed to rally the hatred of their base with yet another idiotic lie.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 10:14 AM
He ran ads you twit...one was running yesterday while McCain was in washington that questioed McCains ability to survive the 4 years, had scar photos of his skin canser treatments even...sick stuff. Thats your man Obamas way to focus on issues?

The other TV ad was about Mccain not using a computer because he cannot use a keyboard as a result of torture inNorth VietNam..

Scuzzy way to focus on issues but he is Obama

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
He ran ads you twit...one was running yesterday while McCain was in washington that questioed McCains ability to survive the 4 years, had scar photos of his skin canser treatments even...sick stuff. Thats your man Obamas way to focus on issues?

The other TV ad was about Mccain not using a computer because he cannot use a keyboard as a result of torture inNorth VietNam..

He was probably a little bitter about being called a racist, muslim, terrorist pedofile. Sometimes people get defensive. :shrug:

Furthermore, you don't think a presidents ability to stay alive isn't an issue?

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM

i haven't seen any of this shiite your describing

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
If you have not seen it, does it not then exist?

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:18 AM

perhaps in imaginationland?

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:18 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQ2I0t_Twk0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQ2I0t_Twk0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> (http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1185304443/bctid1789003018)

i still see nothing about his shoulder

Frankie
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Talk about distraction! Sounds like something he pulled out of his you-know-where. All campaign ads are available somewhere online. Aren't they?

Frankie
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM

If you have and so boldly invoking it, it's your responsibility to back it up. Or do you want to get out of this DEBATE? ;)

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Talk about distraction! Sounds like something he pulled out of his you-know-where. All campaign ads are available somewhere online. Aren't they?

Geez and he's honest chieffan, I can't believe in anything anymore. First the Easter bunny now this.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
honest is a dumbass .... the cancer thing isn't Obama

Liberal groups cite McCain's skin cancer in ad, urges him to release medical records to public

By JIM KUHNHENN , Associated Press
Last update: September 25, 2008 - 7:11 PM

<!-- start related content list -->
<!-- End Sidebar --> WASHINGTON - Two liberal political action committees are making an issue of John McCain's past bouts with skin cancer in a television commercial that features his facial scar and demands that the Republican presidential nominee release his medical records to the public.
The 30-second ad, so far airing for $50,000 only on MSNBC, is paid for by Brave New PAC and Democracy for America, a political group headed by James Dean, the brother of Democratic National Comommittee Chairman Howard Dean.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/29764734.html

HonestChieffan
Im not going to go find the damn links . For goodness sakes, NBC ran the ads, both CBS and ABC even rejected it and was all over the news.

HonestChieffan
Isnt Obama?

Howard Deans Brother is behind it....follow the dots

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Isnt Obama?

That's a limp dick argument.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Isnt Obama?

ROFL

spin .... spin ... spin ... spin

1. shoulder commercial doesn't mention shoulder

2. cancer commercial is demanding record release

3. cancer commercial isn't even from Obama

4. HCF is a retard who is making shiite up

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:39 AM
here is the commercial

which is NOT approved by Obama

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHvJPGnkQxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
that health commercial was apparently taken from this longer story

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvesa49zSIM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvesa49zSIM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HonestChieffan
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Not approved huh...yet no word from his excellency ...Hoard dean silent...Deans Brother hiding....come on people you cannot be that gullible as to believe Obaoma has full knowledge of this sort of thing. Its in his Chicago political blood.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Not approved huh...yet no word from his excellency ...Hoard dean silent...Deans Brother hiding....come on people you cannot be that gullible as to believe Obaoma has full knowledge of this sort of thing. Its in his Chicago political blood.

Finger pointing and accusations make it true. And I just read it on the Internet.

J Diddy
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM

Wow,

so I guess you can bend the definitions of words to support anything...

:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
come on people you cannot be that gullible as to believe Obaoma has full knowledge of this sort of thing.

glad you agree

ROFL

StcChief
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Do you live in a cave?

hey just because McCain can't drop a "Trey from Downtown" doesn't mean anything. More to being president than ballin' in the hood.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
hey just because McCain can't drop a "Trey from Downtown" doesn't mean anything. More to being president than ballin' in the hood.

racist undertones seep through

Direckshun
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
So, I think we all know what the distraction's going to be tomorrow night, don't we?

IFILL LOVES HER SOME OBAMA!!!1!!1