PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain Wins Debate!

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/09/mccain_wins_debate.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/26Sep_Friday_WSJ.JPG

the Talking Can
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
ROFL

i just posted it in another thread...awesome

keg in kc
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Holy shit.

Brock
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
That's pretty funny.

chiefforlife
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
He went from not even showing up, to winning before it even happens?

Now thats Presidential!

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
His campaign is so inept.

This is what I mean when I talk about banking on the stupidity of Americans.

Ari Chi3fs
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
nice i was gonna post this, but went and took a shower first... I come back and the story went from 400 diggs to 1100 diggs in like 15 minutes.

Ari Chi3fs
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
BTW, that dude has a weird, creepy sinister smile.

the Talking Can
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
He went from not even showing up, to winning before it even happens?

Now thats Presidential!

i'm an obama voter

but if mccain has supernatural powers as you suggest, i will vote for him...much like i would for Mentok the Mindtaker:

http://www.birdman.lastvigilante.com/images/mentok1.jpg

gblowfish
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM
How does he bend space and time with his mind like that? Amazing!

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
The idea here is to have people think the debate already took place so they won't tune in.

tiptap
09-26-2008, 11:36 AM
It reads like the launch time of a Chinese rocket.

El Jefe
09-26-2008, 11:39 AM
The idea here is to have people think the debate already took place so they won't tune in.

Thank you captain obvious.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Its a photoshop morons. Jesus.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Its a photoshop morons. Jesus.

I know. Ad makers usually use photoshop.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
The "ad" never ran. Its clearly a hoax.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM

And if it's real?

Taco John
09-26-2008, 11:53 AM

Not likely...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/09/mccain_wins_debate.html

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
And if it's real?

From one of the quotes about the article:

"Ads are paid for in advance, and run on time tables. This one ran early. Big whoop."

Its a hoax.

Ari Chi3fs
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
1850 diggs now. This thing is monstrous.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 12:01 PM
"Ads are paid for in advance, and run on time tables. This one ran early. Big whoop."

Its a hoax.

Do you know what the word 'hoax' means? If you did, you'd understand the first sentence doesn't jive with the second.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Do you know what the word 'hoax' means? If you did, you'd understand the first sentence doesn't jive with the second.
Do you know how to read quotes? If you did, you'd understand that I was replying to irishjayhawk's question "And if it's real?". That would be a good explanation if it was real, but its not - its a hoax.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 12:06 PM
What's your proof?

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Common sense. This could easily be photoshopped by anyone. Hell, you could create this with M$ Paint. And dont even act like there's no motive for an obama supporter to do it...

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, a lot of things can be easily photoshopped. Unfortunately for you, that's not proof. You gotta come with something better than that.

Ari Chi3fs
09-26-2008, 12:11 PM

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes, a lot of things can be easily photoshopped. Unfortunately for you, that's not proof. You gotta come with something better than that.
Come up with proof that its real.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't know that it's real. It could certainly be fake. You're the one convinced about it so I'm asking you for proof.

Or would 'common sense' qualify as proof that it's real?

StcChief
09-26-2008, 12:17 PM
and dems don't forget to vote Nov 5th.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know that it's real. It could certainly be fake. You're the one convinced about it so I'm asking you for proof.

Or would 'common sense' qualify as proof that it's real?

And 'round & 'round we go...;)

Direckshun
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Congratulations, John!

And here I was thinking he was toast!

DaFace
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
If it's real, it's someone playing a practical joke that got by the ad company's system. It's not like there's ever a clear "winner" of a debate.

MTG#10
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
If it's real, it's someone playing a practical joke that got by the ad company's system. It's not like there's ever a clear "winner" of a debate.
Exactly. Its a hoax. The 'winner" of a debate is based on nothing but opinion. But I dont think the "ad" ever ran. Unlike some, I dont believe everything I read on the internet, no matter how many "diggs" it gets.

DaFace
09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Exactly. Its a hoax. The 'winner" of a debate is based on nothing but opinion. But I dont think the "ad" ever ran. Unlike some, I dont believe everything I read on the internet, no matter how many "diggs" it gets.

Yeah, I'd give it a 90% chance of being photoshopped.

Donger
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Barack Hussein followers are gullible? Nah, couldn't be.

Taco John
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Common sense. This could easily be photoshopped by anyone. Hell, you could create this with M$ Paint. And dont even act like there's no motive for an obama supporter to do it...

You are easily duped.

Taco John
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM

I currently work for a company that does online publishing. There is no way that an ad like this that says "paid for by McCain" is going to get placed by anyone but the McCain campaign. No way in hell.

This is a joke, but it's hardly a practical one.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Clearly, you don't get advertising or propaganda.

Taco John
09-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Don't sit there forced into believing something that is unlikely and call other people gullible. You guys can self dellude youselves with the best of them, but in the back of your minds, you know the annoying truth.

mlyonsd
09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
I knew there was a reason McCain wasn't going to show up. He already knew he'd wipe the floor with Obama.

Seriously, does anyone here really think both sides aren't already planning on claiming victory?

Taco John
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I knew there was a reason McCain wasn't going to show up. He already knew he'd wipe the floor with Obama.

Seriously, does anyone here really think both sides aren't already planning on claiming victory?

I have doubts that the Obama campaign feels the need to pay for their victory message by posting ads around the internet.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
MSNBC has been discussing the ad on TV. I suspect they did their job in terms of confirming it.

Frankie
09-26-2008, 01:19 PM
THAT'S IT. I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND. I WILL SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR JOHN MCCAIN.

I cannot pass up on a prez who can travel in time.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 01:23 PM
THAT'S IT. I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND. I WILL SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR JOHN MCCAIN.

I cannot pass up on a prez who can travel in time.

But you said he was a pussy and a coward. :shrug:

BucEyedPea
09-26-2008, 01:25 PM
How does anyone determine who wins a debate?

Sounds like a matter of opinion.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
How does anyone determine who wins a debate?

Sounds like a matter of opinion.

Clearly, you don't understand advertising, politics and propaganda.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2008, 01:29 PM
The advertisement ran even before he acknowledged he would attend the debate.

The lies keep coming.

DaFace
09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
I still don't get why everyone is assuming this is real and not photoshopped. Am I missing something?

VAChief
09-26-2008, 01:48 PM

Gullible? How about trusting McShame to lead this country through our current financial mess when he was so closely tied to the scandal with the S&L's 20 years ago?

I mean if someone rapes you once, you don't let them babysit your kids. That seems beyond gullible and downright stupid. Of course that doesn't even factor in the genius of picking the trainwreck from Alaska.

ROYC75
09-26-2008, 01:54 PM

McCain wanted to be the 1st up ? Who knows, I question the validation of the story .

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
McCain wanted to be the 1st up ? Who knows, I question the validation of the story .
yeah, it seems a pretty easy thing to photoshop.

Frankie
09-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Gullible? How about trusting McShame to lead this country through our current financial mess when he was so closely tied to the scandal with the S&L's 20 years ago?

I mean if someone rapes you once, you don't let them babysit your kids.

But what if the rapist apologizes, like McCain did after the Keating 5 affair?

Guru
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
meh. photoshopping is top notch these days. Whose to say it is real or not. It is only a screenshot.

With that being said, I am sure it probably is real. Either way, you know Obama has the exact same thing set up already because both sides will say they won the debate.

so who really gives a shit.

Ari Chi3fs
09-26-2008, 03:12 PM
4550 diggs. heh. This thing exploded.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2008, 03:17 PM
McCain camp does something moronic

Wingtards stampede to defend it

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Guru
09-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
I'll say again. Who really gives a shit.:rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll say again. Who really gives a shit.:rolleyes:

You're missing the point. It's not the ad that matters. It's the idiots rushing to defend a clear **** up solely because of the (R).

The McCain campaign could run an ad that said "Holocaust never happened" and these fools would flock to defend it.

Jesus Christ people. John McCain doesn't care about you. He cares about power. Stop treating the man like a family member being attacked and actually use some analytical ability.

DaFace
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I guess that's what I don't get. I'm not exactly a "wingtard." I just don't see how this could be real. Even if the ad ran tomorrow, who runs any kind of political ad that says "I won!!!" It's not like they hand out a trophy at the end declaring a winner or anything.

:shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2008, 03:49 PM
I guess that's what I don't get. I'm not exactly a "wingtard." I just don't see how this could be real. Even if the ad ran tomorrow, who runs any kind of political ad that says "I won!!!" It's not like they hand out a trophy at the end declaring a winner or anything.

:shrug:

You are arguing perception against reality. The reality is that no one can really "win" a debate because there isn't a score to be kept or certain benchmarks to achieve that are tangible.

What all political campaigns try to do, is distort perception, which then becomes reality. If I say "McCain wins" the impossibility of that statement has no bearing on whether or not it will be perceived as a win for McCain, because the Roy's and Chief Henry's of the world will believe it, further propagate it, and have it canonized as "fact".

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
I guess that's what I don't get. I'm not exactly a "wingtard." I just don't see how this could be real.Incompetence. It is the theme of the McCain campaign, and it's the simplest explanation for this.

It was a real ad, run early. I don't know why people are having trouble understanding this.

ClevelandBronco
09-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Do you know what the word "jibe" means?

No, I don't believe it was a typo.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Do you know what the word "jibe" means?

No, I don't believe it was a typo.That was possibly the weakest grammar jump I've ever seen.

Donger
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
I still don't get why everyone is assuming this is real and not photoshopped. Am I missing something?

They are Barack Hussein followers.

ClevelandBronco
09-26-2008, 04:50 PM
That's a vocabulary jump, and yes, I think he's just that dumb.

orange
09-26-2008, 04:59 PM
It was a real ad. WSJ jumped the gun:

WASHINGTON - Ah the Internet world, a place where things move very quickly — maybe too quickly in the political world.

Before Republican presidential hopeful John McCain announced he would attend the presidential debate on Friday night in Mississippi, apparently an Internet advertisement slipped out onto the Wall Street Journal’s opinion page with it declaring he won the contest.

Here’s a screenshot of the Web advertisement as posted by the Washington Post in which it claims “McCain Wins Debate,” with him in the foreground and an American flag in the background.

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said the ad posting was a mistake by the Wall Street Journal. Oops.

http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/09/26/mccain-to-attend-debate-web-ad-claims-victory-already/

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 04:59 PM
That's a vocabulary jump, and yes, I think he's just that dumb.Using jive instead of jibe is not an indicator of stupidity. Jesus ****ing Christ, you've become an angry asshole.

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said the ad posting was a mistake by the Wall Street Journal. Oops.[/I]BUT IT COULD BE PHOTOSHOPPED

DaFace
09-26-2008, 05:01 PM
It was a real ad. WSJ jumped the gun:

WASHINGTON - Ah the Internet world, a place where things move very quickly — maybe too quickly in the political world.

Before Republican presidential hopeful John McCain announced he would attend the presidential debate on Friday night in Mississippi, apparently an Internet advertisement slipped out onto the Wall Street Journal’s opinion page with it declaring he won the contest.

Here’s a screenshot of the Web advertisement as posted by the Washington Post in which it claims “McCain Wins Debate,” with him in the foreground and an American flag in the background.

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said the ad posting was a mistake by the Wall Street Journal. Oops.

http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/09/26/mccain-to-attend-debate-web-ad-claims-victory-already/

Huh. I stand corrected. That's spectacularly dumb, regardless of whether the ad had been on there today or tomorrow.

Guru
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Huh. I stand corrected. That's spectacularly dumb, regardless of whether the ad had been on there today or tomorrow.
It's a mistake by the WSJ.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2008, 05:07 PM

Of course it is. The liberal media would never give the win to a Republican.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 05:14 PM

What happened to the "no one can win a debate" mantra?

Adept Havelock
09-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Using jive instead of jibe is not an indicator of stupidity. Jesus ****ing Christ, you've become an angry asshole.

Become?

RJ
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
So I wonder if they'll run it again tomorrow?

Guru
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
What happened to the "no one can win a debate" mantra?
What does my post have to do with that question?

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
What does my post have to do with that question?

Well, everyone was going up in arms about how it was a fake and it was absurd that anyone would assume one side "won" the debate.

I just find it convenient that it's chalked up to the WSJ.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Become?Well, prior to a month or so ago he at least made an effort to couch his hangups in nicer words.

Adept Havelock
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, prior to a month or so ago he at least made an effort to couch his hangups in nicer words.

Sorry, I forgot the :p.

orange
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM

???

You're missing something.

It WAS an ad paid for by McCain Campaign. They're not denying that.

WSJ screwed up by running it early.

.... but WHATEVER happens tonight, both sides will CLAIM their guy won - starting immediately with the after-debate "analysis."

That's just the way it goes.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
???

You're missing something.

It WAS an ad paid for by McCain Campaign. They're not denying that.

WSJ screwed up by running it early.

.... but WHATEVER happens tonight, both sides will CLAIM their guy won - starting immediately with the after-debate "analysis."

That's just the way it goes.

Yes, however, people were saying it was fake based on the fact that someone would claim they "won" the debate.

Guru
09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Well, everyone was going up in arms about how it was a fake and it was absurd that anyone would assume one side "won" the debate.

The post DaFace found indicated it was an error by the WSJ. When you quote me I have to assume you are referring to me directly, which didn't make sense.

I have said in the past that nobody truly wins a debate. That doesn't stop them from constantly stating they won the debate though. Both sides will be claiming this tomorrow.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 06:28 PM

You kinda look dumb now, don't ya?

Smed1065
09-26-2008, 06:42 PM
You kinda look dumb now, don't ya?

Not dumb, just no common sense?

Maybe just the conspiracy theory since it was an Obama supporter that only had motive.