PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Jt Walsh or ted mcginley

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
It's that time of year again. When I try to search my brain to come to a definitive answer to who is my favorite cult back up or throw in actor that only complete nerds know about. This year is an odd matchup because we have one Dead, serious actor, that has been in a zillion things, and we have one tan, not serious, killer of shows that I really you can have fun with his career and rolls. Lets go to the tale of the tape.

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Walsh did not start appearing in feature films until 1983, when he had a minor role in Eddy Macon's Run. Over the next 15 years, he played in over 50 feature films, increasingly taking the bad guy role for which he is so well known, e.g. the loudly irascible Sgt. Maj. Dickerson in Good Morning, Vietnam. Walsh had one of his best[citation needed] roles as Wayne in Red Rock West (1992). In his last year, he starred in Hidden Agenda, Pleasantville, and The Negotiator. All three of those movies were dedicated to his memory, after he died from a heart attack on February 27, 1998. In addition, Jack Nicholson dedicated his Academy Award for As Good as It Gets to the memory of Walsh, with whom he had starred in A Few Good Men and Hoffa in 1992. The 1997 thriller Breakdown featured Walsh as the villainous truck driver, which raised his profile to movie audiences. Sadly, it was said that Walsh wanted to show his range as an actor and play good guy parts despite being typecast as a baddie, although the actor did get to play a few decent people such as the White House Chief of Staff in Outbreak and Chester Van Damme in Sniper but even those roles had Walsh putting an amoral streak within his characters. Walsh played a member of Majestic-12 in the 1996-1997 sci-fi/drama television series Dark Skies.

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
McGinley began his career in modeling. After a casting director spotted a picture of him in GQ[citation needed], he was cast in comedy series Happy Days, as Roger Phillips (nephew of the Cunninghams), a role he played from 1980 until 1984. During the run of Happy Days, he landed a role in the 1982 comedy Young Doctors in Love.[1] After Happy Days ended in 1984, McGinley appeared in Revenge of the Nerds where he played Stanley Gable, the head of the jock-run Alpha Beta fraternity and the primary antagonist of the Lambda Lambda Lambda nerd fraternity. He went on to appear in regular roles in television series including The Love Boat and Dynasty.[2]He then went into the role of Jefferson D'Arcy on Married... with Children from 1991 to 1997.[3] From 2003 until 2006, he played Charley Shanowski on Hope & Faith.[4]

McGinley has been called the patron saint of "jumping the shark" by jumptheshark.com founder Jon Hein. This is a reference to the popular and enduring shows which have featured him in their declining years. Such shows include Happy Days, The Love Boat, Dynasty and Married... with Children.[5] Hein writes that this is not a comment "on Ted's fine acting skills" and that "he has a great sense of humor about it, too".[6] In one episode of Married... with Children, McGinley himself spoofed this fact by momentarily breaking the fourth wall by asking Al "Another picture, captain? I mean, Fonzie? ....Al?"

In 2008, McGinley became a contestant on the seventh season of Dancing with the Stars, and is paired with pro dancer Inna Brayer. [7] Ted was the second to be eliminated in the competition.

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Maybe this matchup is like asking who is the better athlete Ray nitchke or rickey henderson
Two different sports with different styles, but no doubt both are legends.

Baby Lee
09-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Is Paula Marshall the female Ted McGinley?

Deberg_1990
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM
hahah

McGinley just got kicked off of "Dancing with the Stars" the other night.

Does that now mean that show will die??

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
That is a very good question. The show was going to die a slow lambda lambda death as soon as Mcginley was elected to be on the show.

TrickyNicky
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
They both don't have anything on Delroy Lindo.

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Delroy lindy holy crap. I will have to pair him up with another random large black man not named zues debo or michael clark duncan

TrickyNicky
09-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Ernie Hudson, perhaps? Carl Weathers?

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 01:03 PM
you can't know the names though. It has to be like. hey it's that one black dude. whats his name

Baby Lee
09-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Yaphet Kotto?

jjjayb
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
It's that time of year again. When I try to search my brain to come to a definitive answer to who is my favorite cult back up or throw in actor that only complete nerds know about. This year is an odd matchup because we have one Dead, serious actor, that has been in a zillion things, and we have one tan, not serious, killer of shows that I really you can have fun with his career and rolls. Lets go to the tale of the tape.

JT Walsh. Because I actually got to work with him on Black day blue night. Very very down to earth guy.

DJJasonp
09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
McGinley....Married With Children is in my top 5 all-time favorite shows...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
That's my Pi :(

Demonpenz
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
JT Walsh. Because I actually got to work with him on Black day blue night. Very very down to earth guy.

that is pretty sweet. Jt walsh rules

bango
09-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I have got to go with Walsh. He was just in too many good movies and had some of the best roles.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2008, 06:19 PM

That dude was great in Good Morning Vietnam.

"You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history"

Great movie.

blaise
09-26-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd go with JT Walsh. One a side note related to McGinley's career- I always thought it was funny that Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds (Larry B. Scott), if you look closely, is one of the members of the Cobra Kai in the Karate Kid.

Braincase
09-26-2008, 09:39 PM
One of the nicer guys I've met in my travels is Patrick Kilpatrick. You'd recognize him from his imdb profile.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0453304/bio