PDA

View Full Version : Elections Poll: Did McCain choose the correct running mate?

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm curious to see where people stand.

Did McCain choose the correct VP candidate in Sarah Palin, given everything you know right now? (i.e. we're playing Monday Morning Quarterback here, not asking if it was the right decision when made.)

Choose option closest to you or else describe details below.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I've made it public, and allowed multiple choices in case someone wanted to pick both reasons or whatever.

Now that I think about it, that was a mistake, but oh well.

SNR
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
She gave him a much needed boost, but people are realizing how terrible she is now.

McCain will regret this around mid October when he's struggling

Taco John
09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
She's not qualified, but I can't imagine who else would have given him the political boost she gave him. Romney would have sunk the ticket with middle America, and Lieberman or Rudy would have cause a revolt. Jindal would be facing the same thing Palin is, plus he's a man of color who would turn off the same people that Barack's color is turning off.

The Republicans have few conservative champions right now.

mlyonsd
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I'll answer after her and Biden debate.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I figured he'd choose Lieberman.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
She's not qualified, but I can't imagine who else would have given him the political boost she gave him. Romney would have sunk the ticket with middle America, and Lieberman or Rudy would have cause a revolt. Jindal would be facing the same thing Palin is, plus he's a man of color who would turn off the same people that Barack's color is turning off.

The Republicans have few conservative champions right now.

Wouldn't Huckabee have been a good choice? Or at least better than Palin?

Powell was probably the best choice either party had, if he'd been willing to run. Powell as VP probably wins for whichever ticket he signs on to.

Brock
09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
As far as the endgame is concerned, I doubt Palin vs. Biden matters much at all.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM

While you're *bwack* welcome to wait if *bwack* you like, I did specify *bwack bwack* in my original post that it's *BWACK* based on everything you know now.

Besides, by the time the two of them debate (assuming McCain's handlers ever let her debate) this thread will be waaay off the front page.

J Diddy

If, and that's a big IF, they debate

who knows what kind of crap McCain will try to pull to keep her away from joey the shark

mlyonsd
As far as the endgame is concerned, I doubt Palin vs. Biden matters much at all.

If Biden kills her in a debate this thing is over.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Wouldn't Huckabee have been a good choice? Or at least better than Palin?

Powell was probably the best choice either party had, if he'd been willing to run. Powell as VP probably wins for whichever ticket he signs on to.

I still fail to see how Huckabee is a good choice in any way, shape or form.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM

I'm just thinking in terms of "appeasing the base", conservative voters, middle America, etc.

:shrug:

mlyonsd
09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
While you're *bwack* welcome to wait if *bwack* you like, I did specify *bwack bwack* in my original post that it's *BWACK* based on everything you know now.

Besides, by the time the two of them debate (assuming McCain's handlers ever let her debate) this thread will be waaay off the front page.

Up to now all I've really heard about Palin is that Hollywood is outraged she was nominated and that every lib on this board thinks she's stupid. So even though I question the intelligience of both I'm not necessarily going to rule out their opinions.

From what I've seen of her, little as that is, I think she's just as qualified as Obama. I'm serious about that. But being qualified doesn't necessarily mean good choice as a running mate, or if she'd be a good VP.

If she can't handle Biden in a debate the question is moot and I'd like to see her debate before deciding if she'd be a good VP.

Voting in the poll doesn't make sense to me when I don't know the answer myself to the question.

mlyonsd
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
If, and that's a big IF, they debate

who knows what kind of crap McCain will try to pull to keep her away from joey the shark

Joey the shark bites himself all the time.

HolmeZz
09-26-2008, 01:14 PM
From what I've seen of her, little as that is, I think she's just as qualified as Obama.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BucEyedPea
09-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Well if she isn't Amnorix, then there should be no need for your fellow liberals to be focusing on Troopergate, or her daughter's pregnancy as issues then, right?

Wouldn't her abilities eventually show on the campaign trail to make the case against her?

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I have yet to meet a Republican that likes the pick. At first they (the people I know) were excited as hell. Now, they think McCain should have gone in a different direction. Perhaps I just run with the wrong crowd.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Well if she isn't Amnorix, then there should be no need for your fellow liberals to be focusing on Troopergate, or her daughter's pregnancy as issues then, right?

Wouldn't her abilities eventually show on the campaign trail to make the case against her?

Right, because in war when you identify one weakness, you ignore all the other ones...

errr....no.

Donger
09-26-2008, 01:19 PM
In all honesty, McCain should have picked Kay.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Kay? Kay Bailey Hutchinson?

Donger
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Kay? Kay Bailey Hutchinson?

Yes.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
I figured he'd choose Lieberman.

I read he wanted him, but there would have been war within the GOP.
I don't think she's well qualified, but she did bring back a lot of the base.
So it helped him there. It may hurt him elsewhere perhaps.

Goapics1
09-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Michael Kay?

dirk digler
09-26-2008, 01:27 PM

He actually should have picked Olympia Snow.

She is by far one of the best republican women out there

|Zach|
09-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Is she still speed dating world leaders?

Infidel Goat
09-26-2008, 01:57 PM

He'd be a legitimate economic populist on the ticket.

I understand that fiscal conservatives might not like the pick, but he's a great debater and could actually engage with the press.

I personally think he'd be harder to beat than McCain in this election cycle.

Just my $.02, though.

Infidel Goat
09-26-2008, 01:58 PM

If Snowe were at the top of the ticket, she'd win despite causing some of the base to sit at home...

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM

Waaay too moderate for middle America. She's only a Republican by the New England definition of the term.

Heck, this alone would sink her

Another issue of likely contention is abortion. During his second term, President Bush is expected to have several vacancies to fill on the Supreme Court, possibly as many as three of the nine seats.
If he nominates a jurist who is likely to vote to overturn the landmark Roe v. Wade ruling on abortion, Snowesaid she would vote against confirmation.

"Obviously, if I have to, I would," she said. "If it does have implications for Roe v. Wade, I will certainly be concerned," she said, having always supported abortion rights.

But she hopes - and expects - it will not come to that.

http://snowe.senate.gov/articles/art111904_1.htm

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Palin should step down, conservative commentator says (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/26/palin-should-step-down-conservative-commentator-says/)
Posted: 02:27 PM ET

(CNN) – Prominent conservative columnist Kathleen Parker, an early supporter of Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin, said Friday recent interviews have shown the Alaska governor is "out of her league" and should leave the GOP presidential ticket for the good of the party.
The criticism in Parker's Friday column (http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=MDZiMDhjYTU1NmI5Y2MwZjg2MWNiMWMyYTUxZDkwNTE=)is the latest in a recent string of negative assessments toward the McCain-Palin candidacy from prominent conservatives.

It was fun while it lasted," Parker writes. "Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who is clearly out of her league."

Palin's interview with Couric drew criticism when the Alaska governor was unable to provide an example of when John McCain had pushed for more regulation of Wall Street during his Senate career. Palin also took heat for defending her foreign policy credentials by suggesting Russian leaders enter Alaska airspace when they come to America. Palin was also criticized last week for appearing not to know what the Bush Doctrine is during an interview with Charlie Gibson.

“If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself," Parker also writes. "If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true."

Parker, who praised McCain's "keen judgment" for picking Palin earlier this month and wrote the Alaska governor (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/services/newspaper/printedition/monday/opinion/orl-parker1508sep15,0,4116190.column) is a "perfect storm of God, Mom and apple pie," now says Palin should step down from the ticket.
“Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves," Parker writes. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first. Do it for your country."

Parker's comments follow those by prominent conservatives David Brooks (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/16/opinion/edbrooks.php?WT.mc_id=rssmostemailed), George Will, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090202441.html)and David Frum (http://www.nationalpost.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=756704) who have all publicly questioned Palin's readiness to be vice president.

"Sarah Palin has many virtues," Brooks wrote in a recent column. "If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive decisiveness."

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Where are the conservatives? Very few are voting in the poll.

RJ
09-26-2008, 02:03 PM

What makes you think so?

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Velvet and Triple, how is Palin well qualified to be a VP and will do well?

ROYC75
09-26-2008, 02:07 PM

I disagree, Huck would solidify the conservative Christian base, just like Palin. He wouldn't have not gotten the women vote, the confidence in him to handle the POTUS on emergency notice would have been void, a much better candidate than left wing liberal Biden.

Palin gave the bounce he needed , but that is slipping away .

ROYC75
09-26-2008, 02:08 PM

Why bother, On here liberals outnumber us 4 - 1

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:10 PM

This place makes the Peoples Republic look like a bunch of right wingers. You expected something different?

BigRedChief
Palin gave the bounce he needed , but that is slipping away .
Just think about it for a second. McCain has a heart attack 6 months into the term and Palin is President.

Given the level of intelligence she has showed and the amount of BS she speaks we are going to be in a world of hurt with Palin as President.

Amnorix

Then why bother to post at all?

Or are you just afraid to establish your position, or admit your candidate's obvious weakness?

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
The Coalition Locker room is about 4-1 neo-cons to dems. They are really conservative over there.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 02:13 PM
This place makes the Peoples Republic look like a bunch of right wingers. You expected something different?

So you can post, but you refuse to vote? I dont' get that at all.

And don't give me this horsepucky about how liberal the place is. I used to be on here when it was like 5:1 in the other direction. When there were very few liberals willing to go toe to toe with a whole crapload of conservatives.

Let's face it, whichever side is doing "better" in general, the other side tends to avoid this forum during that timeframe. With Republicans in disarray, the most unpopular President since, hell, maybe ever, etc., suddenly this place has gone left wing.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:13 PM
The Coalition Locker room is about 4-1 neo-cons to dems. They are really conservative over there.

I am in no way a right winger but I certainly look like it here.

BigRedChief
09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
I am in no way a right winger but I certainly look like it here.
Wasn't labeling ya. I don't frequent this forum enough to know where a poster stands.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
So you can post, but you refuse to vote? I dont' get that at all.

And don't give me this horsepucky about how liberal the place is. I used to be on here when it was like 5:1 in the other direction. When there were very few liberals willing to go toe to toe with a whole crapload of conservatives.

Let's face it, whichever side is doing "better" in general, the other side tends to avoid this forum during that timeframe. With Republicans in disarray, the most unpopular President since, hell, maybe ever, etc., suddenly this place has gone left wing.

It was never as right wing as it is left wing now. For the record I am sick of talking about Palin.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:17 PM
This place is so liberal that the biggest problem they have with their own candidate who is the most liberal in our countries history is that he is not liberal enough.

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 02:17 PM
It was never as right wing as it is left wing now. For the record I am sick of talking about Palin.

Duh-lose-shun-al

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Duh-lose-shun-al

You weren't even here before yet you got an opinion on this. SHOCKER

irishjayhawk
09-26-2008, 02:22 PM
You weren't even here before yet you got an opinion on this. SHOCKER

No, I'm merely commenting on the fact that you seem to have very weird definitions of right and left and the scale itself.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 02:27 PM

I remember having some very hot debates where it was literally 5:1 against and I was typing as fast as I could to keep up. Since I type nearly 100 words/minute, that's saying something.

Used to be there were only a very small number of liberals that consistently posted here. Alot of lurkers who would give me rep or PM me, but not many posters. I remember Jaz and I being the only ones, seemingly, alot of times. I'm talking several years ago now, not 3 months...

That may have been before the creation of the DC forum. I don't recall, but that may explain some of the shift in right/left balance.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry, I agree with Parker's column. She's a nice lady; probably a good governor, by all accounts. In time, after additional experience....maybe she'll be ready. Or maybe not.

However, if the measure of a VP is.....are you qualified to step in as President, on a moment's notice....I think Palin has demonstrated, thus far anyway, that she's not. And the McCain campaign's keeping her in the shadows, doesn't help the situation at all IMHO.

penchief
09-26-2008, 02:39 PM

Oh yes it was. It was way more right wing than it is left wing now. It was about 10 to 1 or even worse in favor of right wingers when I first came on board. Usually we liberals had to hold down a thread all by ourselves against ten or more righties. Eventually someone would step in and give us a breather.

And that's not to mention how much more uncivil it was. The verbal abuse was rampant then, too.

It's still more right wing now but it's a lot closer to even.

Pitt Gorilla
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry, I agree with Parker's column. She's a nice lady; probably a good governor, by all accounts. In time, after additional experience....maybe she'll be ready. Or maybe not.

However, if the measure of a VP is.....are you qualified to step in as President, on a moment's notice....I think Palin has demonstrated, thus far anyway, that she's not. And the McCain campaign's keeping her in the shadows, doesn't help the situation at all IMHO.Agree 100%. It makes me wonder if she wouldn't have been an outstanding choice for the Republicans down the road. I think they jumped the gun a bit.

|Zach|
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM
And the McCain campaign's keeping her in the shadows, doesn't help the situation at all IMHO.

Pre Couric interview I would have agreed with that. But after seeing that back and forth. How could they NOT lock her up?

As bad as it is that she is so closed off...not doing that would mean gaffe bomb after gaffe bomb being dropped on that campaign.

You could have a 24 hour cable channel dedicated to what she would be outputting.

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 02:43 PM

However, if the measure of a VP is.....are you qualified to step in as President, on a moment's notice....I think Palin has demonstrated, thus far anyway, that she's not. And the McCain campaign's keeping her in the shadows, doesn't help the situation at all IMHO.

Right. I'm certainly not saying that she might not be a great candidate in 2012 or whatever. I'm not sure Alaska is a great platform from which to jump into the national stage, but that can be overcome.

But Mayor of Wasilla and 9 months or whatever as governor of a state with a population of less than a million. Please.

bkkcoh
09-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Right. I'm certainly not saying that she might not be a great candidate in 2012 or whatever. I'm not sure Alaska is a great platform from which to jump into the national stage, but that can be overcome.

But Mayor of Wasilla and 9 months or whatever as governor of a state with a population of less than a million. Please.

Governor of Arkansas before the 1992 election would have been a good spring board into the presidency?

Amnorix
09-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh yes it was. It was way more right wing than it is left wing now. It was about 10 to 1 or even worse in favor of right wingers when I first came on board. Usually we liberals had to hold down a thread all by ourselves against ten or more righties. Eventually someone would step in and give us a breather.

And that's not to mention how much more uncivil it was. The verbal abuse was rampant then, too.

I don't know that the verbal abuse is much changed, and I'd say things have tilted in favor of the left as a result of hte fact that the right wing has relatively little to crow about.

Back then, we were dying for allies who would speak up. Now, none of us can turn around without someone else echoing us or beating us to the punch.

Radar Chief
09-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Gaz option. But from my perspective he could’ve selected Jesus F’n Christ himself and I still wouldn’t vote for Gramps McAmnesty.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Pre Couric interview I would have agreed with that. But after seeing that back and forth. How could they NOT lock her up?

As bad as it is that she is so closed off...not doing that would mean gaffe bomb after gaffe bomb being dropped on that campaign.

You could have a 24 hour cable channel dedicated to what she would be outputting.

That could be; if that's it though, then the McCain campaign is in much bigger trouble than I've imagined.

And Obama will have no difficulty whatsoever overcoming the Bradley Effect.

Thank goodness, we won't have to deal with the fall-out of "America is RACIST!!!!" that would've swallowed up the country for months following an Obama defeat. Seriously.

Direckshun
09-26-2008, 02:47 PM
I believe McCain should have selected Mike Huckabee or Condi Rice.

Mr. Kotter
09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Agree 100%. It makes me wonder if she wouldn't have been an outstanding choice for the Republicans down the road. I think they jumped the gun a bit.

:eek:

Wow, a rare moment of agreement. I'll toast one to you....later. :toast:

(though not tonight, I'm chained to the restroom for the night, I think....instead of on my way to KC and JackStack and brews with some HS/College/lifelong friends....damn, food poisoning!!!! I know....TMI....heh)

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM

:bong:

BIG_DADDY
I believe McCain should have selected Mike Huckabee or Condi Rice.

I was hoping it would be Rice.

Amnorix
Governor of Arkansas before the 1992 election would have been a good spring board into the presidency?

Not ideal. Not ideal at all. Arkansas is no better than Alaska as a springboard, really, excetp for the fact that you have a larger demographic (southerners) to support you.

But I'll take

1. Bachelors in foreign studies from Georgetown,
2. Rhodes Scholar,
3. Yale Law
4. interning for a Senator,
5. state rep,
6. state attorney general,
7. governor of a state with 2.8 million people for nearly TEN YEARS,

over,

1. multiple safety schools (degree in communications/journalism)
2. mayor of a town with a population of 6,000
3. governor, for not even two years, of a state with about 650,000 people

Seriously, it's a ******ing joke to compare them. One's resume says "brilliant golden child", and the other says "did well to become governor of one of the least populated states in America"

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
For the purposes of my desired result of this election, it was the PERFECT choice.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I remember having some very hot debates where it was literally 5:1 against and I was typing as fast as I could to keep up. Since I type nearly 100 words/minute, that's saying something.

Used to be there were only a very small number of liberals that consistently posted here. Alot of lurkers who would give me rep or PM me, but not many posters. I remember Jaz and I being the only ones, seemingly, alot of times. I'm talking several years ago now, not 3 months...

That may have been before the creation of the DC forum. I don't recall, but that may explain some of the shift in right/left balance.

I actually find it kind of funny that people think either one of these candidates resembles anything good for our country.

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
No, I'm merely commenting on the fact that you seem to have very weird definitions of right and left and the scale itself.

I would just like to point out that

1. I never voted for George Bush and haven't voted for a Republican for president since Bush Sr. I think he is one of the worst presidents ever.

2. I was against the war in Iraq right from the beginning.

3. I was against the Anti-Patriot Act.

4. I am against the War on Drugs.

I think I am pretty balanced but if you are not a bleeding liberal here you are pushed to the right.

SBK
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Palin is unqualified to be VP but Obama is more than qualified to be the main guy. I love this place!!!

Cannibal
09-26-2008, 03:32 PM

It used to be flipped 180 degrees. But then something happened... it's called 8 years of GWB.

VAChief
09-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Not ideal. Not ideal at all. Arkansas is no better than Alaska as a springboard, really, excetp for the fact that you have a larger demographic (southerners) to support you.

But I'll take

1. Bachelors in foreign studies from Georgetown,
2. Rhodes Scholar,
3. Yale Law
4. interning for a Senator,
5. state rep,
6. state attorney general,
7. governor of a state with 2.8 million people for nearly TEN YEARS,

over,

1. multiple safety schools (degree in communications/journalism)
2. mayor of a town with a population of 6,000
3. governor, for not even two years, of a state with about 650,000 people

Seriously, it's a ******ing joke to compare them. One's resume says "brilliant golden child", and the other says "did well to become governor of one of the least populated states in America"

To be fair you left out her PTA experience.

Logical
09-26-2008, 04:30 PM

The Republicans have few conservative champions right now.I am thinking that some big state Senators (female or a Congressional Hispanic/Black) could have given him as big a lift.

Logical
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
If Biden kills her in a debate this thing is over.Biden won't kill her, she will kill herself. If the Couric interviews are any indication Biden won't even need to confront her.

Logical
09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
It used to be flipped 180 degrees. But then something happened... it's called 8 years of GWB.
What can I say turned me off of Rs in the Presidency for now. Probably brought out my liberal streak.

Logical
09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Palin is unqualified to be VP but Obama is more than qualified to be the main guy. I love this place!!!I am sorry but Obama has never sounded as uneducated and ill-prepared for the job as Palin. Hell Palin did not even do well with Sean ****inHannaty softball questions. When he did not lead her she was lost.

Logical
09-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I would just like to point out that

1. I never voted for George Bush and haven't voted for a Republican for president since Bush Sr. I think he is one of the worst presidents ever.

2. I was against the war in Iraq right from the beginning.

3. I was against the Anti-Patriot Act.

4. I am against the War on Drugs.

I think I am pretty balanced but if you are not a bleeding liberal here you are pushed to the right.Dude, it is your racist position on the election (not calling you a racist let me be clear) that has pushed you to the right. Your position on AA is a racist view in my opinion.

Logical
09-26-2008, 04:41 PM
I actually find it kind of funny that people think either one of these candidates resembles anything good for our country.I am exactly where you are except for one thing. I cannot in good conscience allow the Palin dominated ticket get elected. I want Obama to get a vast majority to show how bad that decision was for McCain.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 05:01 PM
What'd I say a month ago? Palinmania dies down after a few weeks and they're stuck with Sarah ****ing Palin as their VP candidate.

The Politics of Cheap Pops. Hilarious.

Uncle_Ted
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Up to now all I've really heard about Palin is that Hollywood is outraged she was nominated and that every lib on this board thinks she's stupid. So even though I question the intelligience of both I'm not necessarily going to rule out their opinions.

From what I've seen of her, little as that is, I think she's just as qualified as Obama. I'm serious about that. But being qualified doesn't necessarily mean good choice as a running mate, or if she'd be a good VP.

If she can't handle Biden in a debate the question is moot and I'd like to see her debate before deciding if she'd be a good VP.

Voting in the poll doesn't make sense to me when I don't know the answer myself to the question.

You watched her make a complete buffoon of herself on national TV and you still think she's just as qualified as Obama? You've listened to Obama speak on foreign policy and you think he is no more prepared than she is? J---s F----g Chr--t in your book there must be about 200 million people in America "qualified" to be President.

Damn I knew I should have moved to Alaska 20 years ago ... if they could elect her as gov and Ted "the internet is a bunch of tubes" Stevens to the senate, by now I'd f--king own that state.

Or is this just a big joke and I am once again being tripped up by the fact that we don't have a smilie for "sarcasm"?

Cannibal
09-26-2008, 06:33 PM
What can I say turned me off of Rs in the Presidency for now. Probably bring out my liberal streak.

You're a critical thinker. From what I've seen, you analize the situation and form your opinion based on that. You do not seem to hold any opinion based on an R or a D. There are some people, especially on the Right Wing side, that cannot bring themselves to stop thinking in those terms. They can't they literally think liberalism is evil. They are GWB's "solid 20", the 20% of the nation that will support him no matter what he does.

Cannibal
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
You watched her make a complete buffoon of herself on national TV and you still think she's just as qualified as Obama? You've listened to Obama speak on foreign policy and you think he is no more prepared than she is? J---s F----g Chr--t in your book there must be about 200 million people in America "qualified" to be President.

Damn I knew I should have moved to Alaska 20 years ago ... if they could elect her as gov and Ted "the internet is a bunch of tubes" Stevens to the senate, by now I'd f--king own that state.

Or is this just a big joke and I am once again being tripped up by the fact that we don't have a smilie for "sarcasm"?

A new born baby from a Red State would probably satisy him.