PDA

View Full Version : Elections Joe Biden puts foot in mouth

Bill Parcells
09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm sure this will be very popular in PA, Ohio and Virginia

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJ55UzAsp6M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJ55UzAsp6M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guru
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Heh, I thought we wanted to be more like China.

RJ
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I don't know about the folks in Ohio, Pa and Va, but after seeing the Beijing Olympics I have to agree with Biden. Seriously, that made me view environmental regs in a whole new light.

Logical
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I wish he would have said clean coal fired plants were fine. I agree this won't be really popular. Don't think it was a gaffe, he meant what he said.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeachola.

I wish he would have said clean coal fired plants were fine.They're really not, though. They're better, and a necessary evil for a while, but I see no problem with having a goal of not depending on coal at all.

Bill Parcells
09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't know about the folks in Ohio, Pa and Va, but after seeing the Beijing Olympics I have to agree with Biden. Seriously, that made me view environmental regs in a whole new light.

Don't you remember the big Obama speech in front of 80,000 in Colorado?

He said ''he wants to develop and rely on clean coal technologies''. Biden said ''No coal plants in America''

I don't think these two super heroes are on the same page.

Also, a lot of people in those states are employed in coal mines.

Calcountry
09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
That dude better never point his muthafuggin finger at me like that, he is liable to get that shit slapped back at him.

chiefforlife
09-26-2008, 05:42 PM

He said ''he wants to develop and rely on clean coal technologies. Biden said ''No coal plants in America''

At least they both know what a clean coal plant is.

Logical
09-26-2008, 05:43 PM

He said ''he wants to develop and rely on clean coal technologies. Biden said ''No coal plants in America''

Also, a lot of people in those states are employed in coal mines.Maybe PA and WV but not really in Ohio (at a least not for years).

Bill Parcells
09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
At least they both know what a clean coal plant is.

But that doesn't stop him from doing this.

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0107/BidenImage3.jpg

Logical
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
That dude better never point his muthafuggin finger at me like that, he is liable to get that shit slapped back at him.Frankly, I would agree with you that, that was bad. In fact worse than the comment. Not sure why he even did it.

RJ
09-26-2008, 05:57 PM

He said ''he wants to develop and rely on clean coal technologies''. Biden said ''No coal plants in America''

Truthfully, no, I didn't remember, but I do now.

All I could picture while listening to Biden were the images of the Beijing "air" that the marathoners were running in. Nasty business.

If they do disagree on that issue I don't see it as a big deal, no more than McCain and Palin disagreeing on ANWR. Besides, Biden talks a lot. He'll say something worse soon enough.

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Frankly, I would agree with you that, that was bad. In fact worse than the comment. Not sure why he even did it.He's a very warm, kind of grabby guy. You can tell she wasn't ready for him to get so close to her, though.

Guru
09-26-2008, 06:04 PM
That dude better never point his muthafuggin finger at me like that, he is liable to get that shit slapped back at him.
I thought he got a little too much in her face. I wrote it off to the fact it was loud and he probably thought he needed to be close to make sure she heard.

tiptap
09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
That what I saw he had trouble hearing the question in the first place. Getting old and deaf like the rest of the baby boomers. Good thing he has a younger man on board.