PDA

View Full Version : Royals Dayton Moore (or another fire Carl Peterson thread)

no love
09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
We finally may be seeing the fruits of labor from the best GM in KC. Last year Dayton Moore sent Octavio Dotel to ATL for one Kyle Davies. At the time...meh. but this could turn into a move to solidify a rotation that already has a solid 1-2 punch at zero cost.

kudos for having the cajones to bring in a young, GM from a winning franchise with no real ties to KC's past or some other retread. (this aimed toward the rottenheimer and cowher to return crowd)

Time will tell how his other moves will pan out, but I don't see him just trying to put asses in the seats, because he understands that the minute the Royholes look like winners, people come out for the 9$ beer. And if they are ever in contention, the K will be packed.

Time, however has told us enough about mr peterson.
thoughts?

Halfcan
09-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the Planet!

Dayton good Carl bad

doomy3
09-27-2008, 06:30 PM
What has Kyle Davies done again?

no love
09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
He's been stellar, as of late. All we gave up for him was an old ailing Dotel.
courtesy of ranyontheroyals.com

Here are Davies’ last three lines, each of them resulting in a win:

9/15: 8 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K
9/20: 7 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K
9/26: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 8 K

irishjayhawk
09-27-2008, 06:36 PM
He's been stellar, as of late. All we gave up for him was an old ailing Dotel.
courtesy of ranyontheroyals.com

Here are Daviesí last three lines, each of them resulting in a win:

9/15: 8 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K
9/20: 7 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K
9/26: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 8 K

That's also been his weakness. He's so inconsistent it's hard to tell if he's a building block or not.

IIRC, he was stellar early on in the acquisition but then shit himself.

Sure-Oz
09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Davies will finish the season with an era just over 4.00, that is all i wanted from this guy all year...it's a solid season for him considering nad he's pitched well lately.

chuxtrux
09-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Great, this September "run" will just give Glass another reason to keep Moore and Hillman around for another year

no love
09-27-2008, 07:22 PM
That's also been his weakness. He's so inconsistent it's hard to tell if he's a building block or not.

IIRC, he was stellar early on in the acquisition but then shit himself.

I also question whether this is something to build on, or if he will shit himself again. Hopefully as Kc fans, we can finally catch a break...
I read somewhere, a little tidbit that he credits the turnaround to a different approach to his pitching...not pitching like a 40 year old but a 25 year old that can attack hitters.

no love
09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Great, this September "run" will just give Glass another reason to keep Moore and Hillman around for another year

they were always gonna be back. Not everyone can be fired every year... hopefully though they will make some changes. hitting coach, baserunning, fielding...

keg in kc
09-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Martyocre Rottenheimer.

I like it.

Count Alex's Losses
09-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Farty Rottenheimer!

beavis
09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Davies will finish the season with an era just over 4.00, that is all i wanted from this guy all year...it's a solid season for him considering nad he's pitched well lately.

I don't think he's much more than a #5 for a winning team. If that's what he is for us, then fine. It just means Bannister and Hochevar have to step up. I'm dangerously close to writing off Bannister though. I honestly like the idea of Davies being the long relief guy. I think that might be the role that suits him best.