PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If we draft Stafford, we need Mike Martz

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2008, 04:12 PM
The guy is an absolute wunderkind with quarterbacks. Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna, now even JT O-****ing'Sullivan is having success under his tutelage.

If we end up with the #1 or #2 overall pick, the Chiefs have to throw the world at this guy to at least bring him in as O-Coordinator and QB coach. The amount that he could do in the first two years to help groom the QB could set us up for a long time.

From what I've seen, there is no one better at developing an NFL QB than Martz.

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm down, just don't make him HC.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Martz is a god with QBs. The guy gets shit on, but I don't know if there's a guy who does more with less than him on offense.

FringeNC
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm down, just don't make him HC.

How else would we get him?

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Then don't get him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Offer him 2.5 million a year to groom your quarterback and run your offense.

FringeNC
09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Offer him 2.5 million a year to groom your quarterback and run your offense.

I assumed he signed longer than 1 year contract with the 49ers.

Skip Towne
09-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Only if you lock him in a room for a week after each game. I can't stand his arrogance.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2008, 04:48 PM
That's Arena ball.

KCUnited
09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Herm and Martz, hmmm...Palestine and Isreal, hmmm...could work.

Pablo
09-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Herm and Martz, hmmm...Palestine and Isreal, hmmm...could work.I'm certain he's assuming Herm and his ilk would be run out of town in the offseason for this scenario to work.

chop
09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
He signed a two year contract so the Chiefs would have to offer him a position higher than O.C..

JBucc
09-27-2008, 05:13 PM
He signed a two year contract so the Chiefs would have to offer him a position higher than O.C..Assistant Head Coach it is!

SNR
09-27-2008, 05:17 PM
How else would we get him?It's the type of deal Alex Gibbs was accepting to fix offensive lines on other teams.

When you're amazing at something, you get big $$$. No matter what it is.

SNR
09-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Question: Who have been Martz's coaches when he's been head coach/coordinator in the league? QBs, coordinators, assistants, etc. Do you think any of them might have that same skill as Martz?

redbrian
09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh hell no, martz is not the second coming...........the guy is one big nut job.......

The Bad Guy
09-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh hell no, martz is not the second coming...........the guy is one big nut job.......

The point was his track record with QBs.

You obviously don't have a clue.

Short Leash Hootie
09-27-2008, 06:08 PM
if we bring in Martz, I hear Kyle Turley is looking for a job...

Douche Baggins
09-27-2008, 06:20 PM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/811/lolalfdm3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CanadaKC
09-27-2008, 08:08 PM
hire Cowher....let the rookie QB take us to the Superbowl like Roethlisberger did ...

Reerun_KC
09-27-2008, 08:30 PM
hire Cowher....let the rookie QB take us to the Superbowl like Roethlisberger did ...
ROFL

no thanks, been down that road before...

Just say no to Cowher and Martha.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Ive always liked Martz. I know alot of St Louis fans and Detroit fans are down on him now, but he does know how to manufacture a QB.

His QB's will always have decent stats because he loves to air it out and pressure the defense downfield non stop.

On the downside, what gets him in trouble is he gets too pass happy at times. Plus, his QB's always take a beating because he likes to send so many recievers out in patterns.

DT58HOF
09-27-2008, 08:40 PM
im all for Martz as OC, but Stafford? amyone watching him tonight? he is not that good!!

milkman
09-27-2008, 08:44 PM
A guy like Stafford that has the physical tools doesn't need a genius to develop his skills.

He just needs competency.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
A guy like Stafford that has the physical tools doesn't need a genius to develop his skills.

He just needs competency.

Herm > competency?

Deberg_1990
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Martz seems to prefer, unsung, unheralded types as opposed to high round draft picks....

milkman
09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Herm > competency?

That's not what I said.

I didn't think I had spell out the fact that Herman ****ing Edwards and Dick Curl aren't competent.

I was just saying that Martz isn't necessary.

chiefs1111
09-27-2008, 08:57 PM

No thank you

Tribal Warfare
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
im all for Martz as OC, but Stafford? amyone watching him tonight? he is not that good!!

Considering what he had to work with he did very good.

Skip Towne
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
It's the type of deal Alex Gibbs was accepting to fix offensive lines on other teams.

When you're amazing at something, you get big $$$. No matter what it is.

Does Herm get big$$$ for sucking? He's amazing at it.

DT58HOF
09-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Martz seems to prefer, unsung, unheralded types as opposed to high round draft picks....

he was a 6th round pick bounced around to Saints, Falcons and Rams practice squads, was and still is over rated could not win any big game while at WVU
he took over s sysyem that was in place for Curt Warner, the system is the same reason Warner was a nobody and turned into a decent pro!!

milkman
09-27-2008, 09:09 PM
he was a 6th round pick bounced around to Saints, Falcons and Rams practice squads, was and still is over rated could not win any big game while at WVU
he took over s sysyem that was in place for Curt Warner, the system is the same reason Warner was a nobody and turned into a decent pro!!

Almost every successful QB who isn't among the all time greats succeed because of the system they're in, including Trent Green.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Did you notice how many passes his guys dropped?

4th and Long
09-27-2008, 09:31 PM
If I recall, during Martz's tenure as head coach of the Rams, we ate their lunch every time and sent them home crying. This is not an improvement over the current situation.

whoman69
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah Martz is a genius. He ran Marshall Faulk 9 times in a Super Bowl. Then he threw his 2 time MVP QB to the dogs and left him on the field after being diagnosed with a concussion because he didn't want to resign the guy. Sure he was able to put together a scheme that was able to take advantage of the talent he had in St. Louis, but when he didn't have that talent in Detroit...
This guy plays around with things just to prove he's a freakin' genius.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:34 PM
You guys are completely missing the point of the thread, I've brought this up a few times too. There is no coach in the league better at developing QB's than Mike Martz, the point is he is worth a hire just to develop your QB for a few years.

SBK
09-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm more impressed with Stafford than I was before the game tonight. His o-line stinks, he's WR's stink, they can't catch and can't separate. He has to throw the ball into the smallest windows and he has a freaking cannon.

I was already on his bandwagon, but he's gonna be a good pro. Put him with good coaches and I think he's going to be great.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm more impressed with Stafford than I was before the game tonight. His o-line stinks, he's WR's stink, they can't catch and can't separate. He has to throw the ball into the smallest windows and he has a freaking cannon.

I was already on his bandwagon, but he's gonna be a good pro. Put him with good coaches and I think he's going to be great.

I think people saw what I was talking about when I said he makes NFL throws on a consistent basis where guys like Bradford don't.

milkman
09-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I think people saw what I was talking about when I said he makes NFL throws on a consistent basis where guys like Bradford don't.

I highly doubt that the myopians that believe we need to draft Oher saw that.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 10:39 PM

I'm not sure his WR stink...

But I don't think there's much doubt that Stafford looks like he *might* be a very, very good NFL QB.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure his WR stink...

But I don't think there's much doubt that Stafford looks like he *might* be a very, very good NFL QB.

AJ Green is literally the only receiver he has that is worth a shit.

SBK

Now I live in Atlanta so take it for what it's worth, but I'm really enjoying watching UGA this year. Mostly for Stafford I guess.

If he gets the right situation around him he's gonna be awesome.

milkman
You guys are completely missing the point of the thread, I've brought this up a few times too. There is no coach in the league better at developing QB's than Mike Martz, the point is he is worth a hire just to develop your QB for a few years.

I don't think we need Mike Martz to develop a young QB.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't believe he's the only guy with the ability to do the job.

SBK
09-27-2008, 10:41 PM

Oher has a stronger arm.

Mecca

Well hey man we're talking about people that think the downfall of the Chiefs was letting Tony Richardson go and that FB is a vital position....

4th and Long
Yeah Martz is a genius. He ran Marshall Faulk 9 times in a Super Bowl. Then he threw his 2 time MVP QB to the dogs and left him on the field after being diagnosed with a concussion because he didn't want to resign the guy. Sure he was able to put together a scheme that was able to take advantage of the talent he had in St. Louis, but when he didn't have that talent in Detroit...
This guy plays around with things just to prove he's a freakin' genius.
Nice avatar. http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/startrek2/images/constitutionrotation.html

SBK
09-27-2008, 10:42 PM
AJ Green is literally the only receiver he has that is worth a shit.

From his high school days. :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKIknHpuytU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKIknHpuytU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCChiefsFan88
09-27-2008, 10:42 PM
The guy is an absolute wunderkind with quarterbacks. Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna, now even JT O-****ing'Sullivan is having success under his tutelage.

If we end up with the #1 or #2 overall pick, the Chiefs have to throw the world at this guy to at least bring him in as O-Coordinator and QB coach. The amount that he could do in the first two years to help groom the QB could set us up for a long time.

From what I've seen, there is no one better at developing an NFL QB than Martz.

Martz was my choice to replace Vermeil 2 years ago and for the very reason you are stating.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Just for the record Jon Kitna had the best year of his career under Martz and now without him they look lost..the 49ers are now a competent offensive unit with a QB no one has ever heard of.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't think we need Mike Martz to develop a young QB.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I don't believe he's the only guy with the ability to do the job.

You have faith in Curl, too. Cool. I thought I was the only one.

Mecca
09-27-2008, 10:44 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKIknHpuytU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKIknHpuytU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's how he ended up as a 5 star top 5 player in the country recruit.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Son of a bitch.

4th-round talent, at best.

milkman
09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
You have faith in Curl, too. Cool. I thought I was the only one.

I never said that.

I just don't see Martz ever coming to KC, so I think we need to look at other people.

DeezNutz
09-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I never said that.

I just don't see Martz ever coming to KC, so I think we need to look at other people.

I'm ****ing with you. I don't see Martz as a realistic possibility either.

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2008, 11:06 PM
The only way I could see Martz here is if we get Polian and he brings Ron Meeks in as head coach. Remember Meeks was on Martz's staff with the Rams.

RustShack
09-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Does Kyle Turley still live in Kansas City?

chiefs1111
09-27-2008, 11:22 PM
The only way I could see Martz here is if we get Polian and he brings Ron Meeks in as head coach. Remember Meeks was on Martz's staff with the Rams.

However I think Martz would only leave San Fran to become a head coach again, I don't know if he would go somewhere else just to be an Offensive CO somewhere else. In fact,if the 49ers end up having another losing season this year and Nolan is fired, Martz will be up for the job im sure.