PDA

View Full Version : Football Shannon Sharpe Claims That Jury Says He's Best Tight End Ever

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 11:56 AM
On the pregame show, they asked the guys if Tony Gonzalez is the best tight end ever. Everyone sucked up to Sharpe, and then Sharpe said, "He a great tie en', bu' I got da jury. I got da jury!"

James Brown then commented for the viewers that apparently Sharpe also has "the jewelry", implying Super Bowl rings.

Sharpe then smiled smugly.

I never did figure out what jury he was talking about.

banyon
09-28-2008, 11:57 AM
I saw this incoherent ramble as well.

If it's all about rings, does that mean that Daniel Graham or Jay Novacek is the best TE ever too?

MichaelH
09-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Did he say it or his interpreter? Sometimes they're evil. :)

Buck
09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
HES GOT THE JEWRY~!!!!

milkman
09-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I saw this incoherent ramble as well.

If it's all about rings, does that mean that Daniel Graham or Jay Novacek is the best TE ever too?

Brent Jones.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Can you imagine the stats TG would have put up if he got to play with Elway his whole career??

Garcia Bronco
09-28-2008, 12:33 PM
The truth is what it is.

kcchiefsus
09-28-2008, 01:29 PM
What Sharpe needs is a lesson in the English language.

doomy3
09-28-2008, 01:36 PM
jury=jewelry

Reerun_KC
09-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Hard to knock his SB rings... Tony has never won a playoff game...............

SNR
09-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Hard to knock his SB rings... Tony has never won a playoff game...............And Tony's best shot at a ring was with a defense full of little girls.

There's nothing more Tony can do to get a ring. He's given it his all. It's not his fault he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2008, 01:46 PM
And Tony's best shot at a ring was with a defense full of little girls.

There's nothing more Tony can do to get a ring. He's given it his all. It's not his fault he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring.

Football in KC is not a team sport...

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 01:47 PM
TG never had a HOF QB throwing to him, either. Look at all the scrubs he has caught passes from, other than Green. SS can go **** his mother. He didn't win those rings on his own.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2008, 01:48 PM
TG never had a HOF QB throwing to him, either. Look at all the scrubs he has caught passes from, other than Green. SS can go **** his mother. He didn't win those rings on his own.
so now Trent Dilfer is a HOF QB?????

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 01:49 PM
The truth is what it is, I'm a Rump Ranger and I licked Shannon's balls.FYP

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 01:51 PM
so now Trent Dilfer is a HOF QB?????Yes, he spent his ENTIRE career in Baltimore. Dumbass...

StcChief
09-28-2008, 01:52 PM
THannon THarpe no matter what is still an A$$. one day praise for Tony G.,
one day "Im the best" based on a some Jury of what dumb Journalists???
Never a tainted SB "cheating ring comment by media... cause it makes NFL look bad....

SSDD When Tony G play 2-3 years, maybe with contender, Wins Playoff games, Get to SB W or L.... THannon Tharpe, records shattered in less time can STFU

Reerun_KC
09-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes, he spent his ENTIRE career in Baltimore. Dumbass...
:eek:

Wow dude, I cant believe you really think Dilfer is HOF worthy...

Stunned to say the least!

Buehler445
09-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Dude, I was wondering how Shannon Sharpe ever got a job that required him speaking. Rediculous.

KCrockaholic
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM

your correct, but Tony isnt a team, it takes a 'team' to win playoff games...Tony's a single player

KCrockaholic
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes, he spent his ENTIRE career in Baltimore. Dumbass...

ROFLROFLROFL that was good, i was kinda thinking the same thing

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 10:50 PM
The truth is what it is.

Exactly. You were gracious in allowing us to use Arrowhead anytime we wanted, but now, on behalf of Chiefs fans everywhere, get the **** out.

Bwana
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
What Sharpe needs is a lesson in the English language.

Truer words have never been typed.

rtmike
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
What happened with the Sharpe family? Sterling has a much better grasp of the English language.

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 11:05 PM
The funny thing about the Super Bowl ring argument is that it defies logical math.

If you look at the statistics and Player A outperforms Player B, and then you see that Player B's team accomplished more, a pretty simple deductive reasoning says that Player B was on a better team than Player A, and it was enough better to make up for the fact that Player A was more productive.

I don't get this whole, "I was on a team that won a Super Bowl and therefore I'm better" argument. It's a legitimate argument to say that Player B may have had a more satisfying career, one might even say a preferable career, but it by no means shows that Player B was a better player. In fact, it says the opposite: that he was on better teams and still didn't produce as much.

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
During the preseason, Sterling made the bold prediction that Gonzo wouldn't break any records as the Chiefs sucked and Tony was unlikely to remain healthy. Nice call, assclown.

Be on the lookup for Shannon's and Sterling's latest 'YouTube' video: "Two Guys/One Career."

KCrockaholic
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM
What happened with the Sharpe family? Sterling has a much better grasp of the English language.

sterling just needs to get a grasp of how to announce now...i still think about that game 3 years ago...Sterling focused on Randy Moss the whole game, and we whooped their ass, then at the end Sterling goes "oh great game for KC by the way" ....he shall never ever commentate again.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Tony about runied any chance that Sharpe had at a Super Bowl ring during that one playoff game. Refs helped the Donks out on that one.

TinyEvel
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Is that the same jury that said OJ was innocent?

:shake:

POND_OF_RED
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM

Tony has contributed the same amount of points in superbowls though.

Iowanian
09-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Sharpe is a mumbling, mushmouth shitbrick.

Hey shannon.....say "Seven silly swans swam swiftly"

morphius
09-29-2008, 12:00 AM
He was a good WR, and a terrible blocker, which makes him barely a TE. God it was funny when the Hasty had him just walking his routes pouting.

Rudy lost the toss
09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Dallas Clark has a ring and has much better numbers than Sharpe in the Playoffs so obviously it's...

DC>SS>TG

btw, TG has a TD in two out of his three playoff games.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Sharpe isn't in Tony's league. He wasn't the same kind of receiver and he's not as good of a blocker.

Rausch
09-29-2008, 12:31 AM
The truth is what it is.

Yup.

Gonzo didn't even wave as he passed all of Sharpe's TE records.

Pretty soon the ONLY argument Sharpe will have is the SB argument, and that might not hold up if Gonzo gets traded.

Quite simply Gonzo had a more productive career playing with less talent...

Chiefshrink
09-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Stats don't lie. Sharpe's problem is the same one Neon Dieon suffers with is his mouth that has to be in the limelight at all times.

MyChiefConcern
09-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I've never understood judging a single player's quality by the organization's success during their tenure with the team. The only exception is occasionally at quarterback, but even then it's hardly ironclad – see Trent Green during him time in Kansas City. It was unquestionably a Super Bowl offense, he was just cursed with a crappy D.

Similarly, Shannon Sharpe using his Super Bowl rings as proof that he's the greatest ever is beyond dumb. It's not Tony's fault that the Chiefs have been the most poorly run organization in the NFL, outside of maybe the Lions, during his time here. There is nothing more the guy could have done to make this team successful.

He's the best ever, Shannon. Sorry. By the time he's done your name won't appear in the record books once. Not once.

That sucks, I'm sure. But reality is what it is.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Gonzalez's #'s are better than Sharpe's and he is the man, i don't care if that donkey dick has rings etc....i think everyone would take gonzo over donkey face any day of the week