PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs D HUARD APPRECIATION THREAD!

Chiefs=Good
09-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Pay the man some respect for todays efforts...

ok thats enough...

...wobble... woble...

Pablo
09-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Haha. If he could throw the ball inbounds Bowe would have even better numbers and who knows what the score would be.

Chiefs=Good
09-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Haha. If he could throw the ball inbounds Bowe would have even better numbers and who knows what the score would be.

lol and imagine if we had a RT 2003 numbers here we come!

CoMoChief
09-28-2008, 01:53 PM
"But Huard is ruining the youth movement, Thigpen gives this team the best chance to win."

Sincerely,
All the morons on Chiefsplanet

Brock
09-28-2008, 01:54 PM
our franchise is saved!

MichaelH
09-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I appreciate Huard for being a serviceable backup QB every time Hermie runs the starting QB into the ground.

Chiefnj2
09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Oh the horror. All that Thigpen development time and opportunity to score the 1st pick in the draft wasted.

banyon
09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Herms old team the Jets have scored 54 points in Arena ball. Herm is probably going to be pretty disappointed in his old team.

Hoover
09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
he could go 30-30 for 305 and 3 tds and I'd still be pissed that this team doesn't have a QB for next season

Mecca
09-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Watch them **** around and win enough games to bring Herm and Carl back....the ultimate **** job.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-28-2008, 02:29 PM
*thumbs up* to the old man

cdcox
09-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Watch them **** around and win enough games to bring Herm and Carl back....the ultimate **** job.

This is what I'm worried about. Also not getting a shot at a franchise QB.

Micjones
09-28-2008, 02:35 PM
"But Huard is ruining the youth movement, Thigpen gives this team the best chance to win."

Sincerely,
All the morons on Chiefsplanet

ROFL

But, but, but...
Tyler Thigpen and his three down tirades are much better for these young guys.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 02:36 PM
This is what I'm worried about. Also not getting a shot at a franchise QB.

I understand you don't wanna tell people to root for the team to lose but at the same time...winning a few to many times will really screw us.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 02:38 PM
three cheers for HUARD
three cheers for HERB TAYLOR
three cheers for the DEFENSE

Bwana
09-28-2008, 02:38 PM
He did indeed play well for the most part, good enough for a W. No way we would have had a shot with PICKpen in there.

Kudos Huard

ChiefGator
09-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Indeed.. Kudos to having an average Qb back there again, not that I was against the PickPen experiment. This game reminds me why Huard survives in this league. His average yard for pass may well be bottoms in the league this weekend, but his completion percent is high. Safe, safe QB... exactly what I want in a backup.

I wish he was 23 so we could have a reliable backup for the next 10 years.

thurman merman
does anyone think thigpen is better than huard still?

Mecca
does anyone think thigpen is better than huard still?

I think dudes off the street are better than Thigpen.

ArrowheadHawk
09-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I understand you don't wanna tell people to root for the team to lose but at the same time...winning a few to many times will really screw us.
You don't play for draft position you play for the win. How many high picks did the Patriots have during their time of dominance. Drafting high is not the only way to build a team. You can draft quality guys at any spot. There is also free agency. I for one will never root for this team to lose.

POND_OF_RED
09-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Let's not forget the Cutler props. He came close to producing as many Chiefs completions as Thigpen.

ILChief
09-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I will give Damon props. I've been one of his harshest critics. If he plays next week like he did this week, I'd leave him in there for the rest of the year, draft our QB and let Croyle be the backup of the future.

And Tyler Thigpen should never set foot on an NFL field again.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 02:48 PM
You don't play for draft position you play for the win. How many high picks did the Patriots have during their time of dominance. Drafting high is not the only way to build a team. You can draft quality guys at any spot. There is also free agency. I for one will never root for this team to lose.

Considering we need a new GM, coach and QB......I just want them to get fired.

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Herb Taylor should have been the BU LT, and starting at RT from day 1.

dtebbe
21/28 is pretty damn good. Especially with 0 turnovers.

DT

ChiefGator
I will give Damon props. I've been one of his harshest critics. If he plays next week like he did this week, I'd leave him in there for the rest of the year, draft our QB and let Croyle be the backup of the future.

NO! OH GOD NO! AND DAMN NO...

Seriously, totally wrong... We need to at the very minimum determine if Croyle is backup material. Short-term backup material only probably due to injuries. This season is NOT aobut huard. Nice, old, backup qb... but if Croyle can't go next week, I wanna see Ingle Martin.

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 02:51 PM

Nah, gotta give Croyle a shot, and keep the seat warm for our new QB. Huard could very well win 6 games, and kill our chances at a top QB.

Micjones
09-28-2008, 02:55 PM

:clap:

You simply cannot tank football games for the sole purpose of acquiring higher draft picks. If they can identify the right players in April it doesn't matter if we find them in the early or mid-to-late First Round.

If we continue to win football games we may miss out on a guy like Stafford, but there will still be opportunities to upgrade that position.

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I told you guys that after watching Thigpen Huard would actually look like a good QB.

I love his facial expressions after dumbass playcalls...Huard cracks me up.

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 03:02 PM
yea for Huard...teh savior....all the True Fans are putting his poster back up on their bathroom walls......

ROFL

anyways, congrats to him and Herm....and I still hope neither are on our payroll next year...

Short Leash Hootie
09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
yea for Huard...teh savior....all the True Fans are putting his poster back up on their bathroom walls......

ROFL

anyways, congrats to him and Herm....and I still hope neither are on our payroll next year...

I don't disagree at all...

Huard however, cracks me up, because his facial expressions are so hilarious...even he knows the coaching staff blows.

Frankie
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Huard is what he is. A good veteran backup. I'm glad we do have him. But a lot of those completion came with our receiver high in the air. That will kill one of them someday.

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 03:06 PM
:clap:

You simply cannot tank football games for the sole purpose of acquiring higher draft picks. If they can identify the right players in April it doesn't matter if we find them in the early or mid-to-late First Round.

If we continue to win football games we may miss out on a guy like Stafford, but there will still be opportunities to upgrade that position.

Playing Croyle, to see what he has is not tanking games. Wasting developmental time of a young QB so we can win six games, and ruining a chance at Stafford is dumb.

Reerun_KC
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for not quitting to day Huard...

PRIEST
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Good job Huard he hung in when he had to made & the play ,now if the OC & HC can call a balanced game like today KC will have alot of players making improvments :D

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Clutch ad-libbing mother****er!

http://i36.tinypic.com/5jza4z.gif

Farzin
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I always liked Huard out of the QB's we have..I'm really glad he was able to prove that he can win as he was the QB that snapped our losing streak.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
If the running game is clicking then Huard looks decent. It was a repeat of 2006 all over again today.

Micjones
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Playing Croyle, to see what he has is not tanking games.

I never suggested that playing Croyle is necessarily tanking games. Playing Thigpen certainly is. I will say this though... We know what Croyle has. Some of you keep pretending the sample size isn't big enough for him to be evaluated, but the truth remains.

We may or may not get the chance to draft Matt Stafford.
You can't handicap the development of other young players just to get a chance to draft a guy in April.

This is professional football.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
7 games is NOT enough. Please.

He deserves the rest of the season to show his stuff. If he sucks or gets hurt again, adios.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
KCJohnny is rubbing one out to him
as we read this

luv
09-28-2008, 07:16 PM
If the running game is clicking then Huard looks decent. It was a repeat of 2006 all over again today.

Exactly.

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Rep for Matthew Perry's long lost father.

KCJohnny
09-29-2008, 06:06 AM
<TABLE class="w655px datatablecell" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class="bold KCcolors datatablehead"><TD colSpan=14>Passing Statistics </TD></TR><TR class="bold datatabledatahead"><TD title="Player Name">Player </TD><TD title="Passing Attempts">Att </TD><TD title="Passing Completions">Comp </TD><TD title="Passing Yards">Yds </TD><TD title=Completions/Attempts>Comp % </TD><TD title=Yards/Attempt>Yds/Att </TD><TD title="Passing Touchdowns">TD </TD><TD title="Touchdowns/Pass Attempts">TD % </TD><TD title="Interceptions Thrown">INT </TD><TD title="Interceptions/Pass Attempts ">INT % </TD><TD title="Yards of longest passing play">Long </TD><TD title="Number of sacks">Sck </TD><TD title="Number of yards lost from sacks">Sack/Lost </TD><TD title="Quarterback Rating">Rating </TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Tyler Thigpen (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/profile?id=THI677677)</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>279</TD><TD>40.6</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5.8</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>38.3</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861)</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>295</TD><TD>70.5</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>84.9</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Brodie Croyle (http://www.nfl.com/players/brodiecroyle/profile?id=CRO809080)</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>57.9</TD><TD>4.6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>69.6</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Marques Hagans (http://www.nfl.com/players/marqueshagans/profile?id=HAG044785)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>100.0</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>87.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Huard's stat line looks pretty respectable to me.

BigRedChief
09-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Fu&* that quitter. He's only starting because of an inept front office that won't bring in "real" backup NFL QB.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-29-2008, 09:06 AM
<TABLE class="w655px datatablecell" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class="bold KCcolors datatablehead"><TD colSpan=14>Passing Statistics </TD></TR><TR class="bold datatabledatahead"><TD title="Player Name">Player </TD><TD title="Passing Attempts">Att </TD><TD title="Passing Completions">Comp </TD><TD title="Passing Yards">Yds </TD><TD title=Completions/Attempts>Comp % </TD><TD title=Yards/Attempt>Yds/Att </TD><TD title="Passing Touchdowns">TD </TD><TD title="Touchdowns/Pass Attempts">TD % </TD><TD title="Interceptions Thrown">INT </TD><TD title="Interceptions/Pass Attempts ">INT % </TD><TD title="Yards of longest passing play">Long </TD><TD title="Number of sacks">Sck </TD><TD title="Number of yards lost from sacks">Sack/Lost </TD><TD title="Quarterback Rating">Rating </TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Tyler Thigpen (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/profile?id=THI677677)</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>279</TD><TD>40.6</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5.8</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>38.3</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861)</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>295</TD><TD>70.5</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>84.9</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Brodie Croyle (http://www.nfl.com/players/brodiecroyle/profile?id=CRO809080)</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>57.9</TD><TD>4.6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>69.6</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD class=paddedLeftAlign>Marques Hagans (http://www.nfl.com/players/marqueshagans/profile?id=HAG044785)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>100.0</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>87.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Huard's stat line looks pretty respectable to me.

3 more completions than Thiggy in 25 fewer attempts LMAO

luv
09-29-2008, 09:08 AM
He averaged a whopping 7.6 yards per pass yesterday. Not THAT impressive. It was nice not to see him in the fetal position, though.

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
He averaged a whopping 7.6 yards per pass yesterday. Not THAT impressive. It was nice not to see him in the fetal position, though.
I am pretty sure he gave us at least one yesterday...

KCJohnny
09-29-2008, 09:14 AM

Hater. Huard won the game yesterday. Give it up for Damon Huard...

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM

Better than the 4 yards per play we've gotten the last 2 weeks :) Progress!!

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/leghump.gif

Still a hater of DownField BigFetal.... Still pissed that we have zero QBOTF's on this roster, pissed we started 2007 with BigQuitter, and going to be extremely pissed if we miss out on a young QB in the draft because we win just enough to keep Carl and Herm around and no chance ata top QB prospect.

I dont want to be sitting here the next few years with a 6-10/7-9 record just because fans want rejects like DownFetal, and they will win a few at home so it doesnt mess up their party on sunday and they can feel good about themselves.

Thigpen experiement was a joke, Herm should be fired over that and Hagans already... But the lack of scouting and "eyes" for talent at the QB position is a joke within this coaching staff...

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Better than the 4 yards per play we've gotten the last 2 weeks :) Progress!!

Should we print'em now? Maybe check in of some hotel reservations for the big dance?

luv
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM

He's a great backup. How's that?

And he did excellent in handing the ball off to LJ so he could rush for 198 yards. That was good too.

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 09:32 AM
He's a great backup. How's that?

And he did excellent in handing the ball off to LJ so he could rush for 198 yards. That was good too.

Well honestly, I think KCJohnny was rubbing some anti-wobble lotion on Huards man hood yesterday... His passes (other than a couple of moonballs that had everybody saying WTF?) werent to bad...

HE is still a backup and will NEVER take the Cheifs anywhere, so the point is moot!

Chiefnj2
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Wahh, wahh, wahhh - we won a game. That sucks.

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Wahh, wahh, wahhh - we won a game. That sucks.
Official 2008 bandwagon fan of the Bills and Vikings?

:shake:

Que Card QB
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Huard had some nice throws. He also had some terrible throws. Thanks to LJ and the run game, the terrible ones didn't matter so much.

Count Zarth
09-29-2008, 02:59 PM

Take out Larry's five catches that went for zero yards. You can't really blame Huard for poorly executed screens.

16 completions, 160 yards, solid.