PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Maturation of a Very Young Team

KChiefs1
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I know I maybe shooting my wad to soon(never happened before), but I think what we witnessed today was the coming out party of the new Chiefs. I was sitting here watching this team with Edwards & Surtain out & thinking we've got 11 guys in their 1st - 3rd year in the NFL(other than Derrick Johnson) playing some great team defense. :clap:

I just wish we had a young QB leading the offense but that will come in next year's draft.:)

Mecca
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
They can just cut Surtain now there's no point in playing him anymore.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I love those 2 corners. Held thier own today.

ILChief
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM

He can be the nickel, but no way in hell he should be ahead of Flowers or Carr.

beach tribe
Way to go kids. This could be a huge boost for them.

triple
finally, after 13 games, a positive step.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
pass rush is a major problem

The Bad Guy
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Put him in the slot.

You're on the hook for his salary anyway so I don't see the point in not having him around.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Also, Tamba Hali should have his ass benched until he can actually do something.

What a bum he is.

Mecca
Put him in the slot.

You're on the hook for his salary anyway so I don't see the point in not having him around.

Might aswell I guess, they shouldn't have him on the team next year though.

Also Herb Taylor made the coaching staff look incompetent today for not having him as the starting RT.

milkman
Put him in the slot.

And he is still better than Patterson.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
mcbride can move
dwon field

keg in kc
When Dmitri Patterson went down with that injury and some guy I'd never heard of (Maurice Leggett?) came into the game as the nickel....that's the reason you don't cut Surtain.

milkman
Might aswell I guess, they shouldn't have him on the team next year though.

Also Herb Taylor made the coaching staff look incompetent today for not having him as the starting RT.

And Williams added to that same look by showing us that they didn't know WTF they were doing by starting Donnie in the first three games.

triple
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
this kind of shows how had is is to go 0-16, eventually some team will turn if over 4 times and your guys will do enough to get a win

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:50 PM
When Dmitri Patterson went down with that injury and some guy I'd never heard of (Maurice Leggett?) came into the game as the nickel....that's the reason you don't cut Surtain.

Actually, Leggett had a pretty nice preseason, and should be ahead of Patterson on the depth chart by the end of this season.

BigVE
This game is/was positive only to a point: the Donks were pretty over-rated so far this year. I think KC exposed some major flaws in the donks...I can see donks losing several games in a similar method. Either way, great win for us but don't forget this is the same team that steam rolled by the faiders and the laid an egg against Atl.

Pasta Giant Meatball
Definately need a pass rusher that much is obvious.

Mecca

Leggett is a UDFA.

keg in kc
09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Actually, Leggett had a pretty nice preseason, and should be ahead of Patterson on the depth chart by the end of this season.Either way, I think I'd rather see Surtain on the field than Patterson or Leggett. This year at least. I like playing young guys. But I'm not sure that Page and Pollard as your most experienced DBs is the best thing.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I think I've seen more from Flowers and Carr as DB's than I have from Pollard already...

talastan
They say that when you play the young guys then all of a sudden it just clicks, and they realize what specifically they need to do to win a game. I don't know if today was that day but our D looked a lot more confident. The way they were trying to strip the ball on almost all of the tackles they were making show an intensity to get the ball more.

milkman
Either way, I think I'd rather see Surtain on the field than Patterson or Leggett. This year at least. I like playing young guys. But I'm not sure that Page and Pollard as your most experienced DBs is the best thing.

Oh, I agree.

I'm just saying that Leggett has some raw potential.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
So, I fell asleep at 11:30 and wake up to see this box score. ****!!

Claythan, get that torrent up ASAP!!

MichaelH
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Today is definitely a step in the right direction. But I have been a Chiefs fan for many years and many coaches. I have no faith in Peterson and don't think Hermie is a good head coach. I will be amazed if they manage to win more than 6 games this year. A quality starting QB to build the team with is still missing. I am excited about the young guys though. They played very good today. I just hope they don't get much Hermie on them.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
So, I fell asleep at 11:30 and wake up to see this box score. ****!!

Claythan, get that torrent up ASAP!!

Bummer dude. You missed the first good game in almost a year! I'd be pissed.

Reaper16
09-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Carr & Leggett = Division II, muthafuggas!

keg in kc
I think I've seen more from Flowers and Carr as DB's than I have from Pollard already...Can't remember ever seeing a pair of rookie corners play that well. You don't usually see one play as well as Flowers has so far, so quickly...

KCUnited
B. Johnston scrapped his way into a tie for Chiefs sack leader today.

Basileus777
I think I've seen more from Flowers and Carr as DB's than I have from Pollard already...

Pollard was actually solid today. He's out-performed Page this year.

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
They say that when you play the young guys then all of a sudden it just clicks, and they realize what specifically they need to do to win a game. I don't know if today was that day but our D looked a lot more confident. The way they were trying to strip the ball on almost all of the tackles they were making show an intensity to get the ball more.

I think that's part of it.

I also think a big part of it was just the simple substitution of Williams for Donnie.

Donnie just isn't the player he once was (and he never was all that anyway, but that's another debate) and Williams speed and ability allowed Thomas to stay at home more, which allowed DJ to stay at home more, giving him better opportunities to make plays, while Williams was doing the same on the other side, while Thomas didn't look lost like he has through the first three games.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Bummer dude. You missed the first good game in almost a year! I'd be pissed.

Right now, I'm just in shock. I'm wondering if all the shit I'm seeing in the box scores are real. The Jets score 56, the Texans nearly beating the Jags on the road, what a crazy week.

BigVE
09-28-2008, 04:03 PM
As for a pass rush how about these numbers: through 4 games J. Allen has 8 tackles and only 2 sacks for the Vikes. I'm just saying that for what he would have cost us to be able to keep him he has been no real loss based on his performance thus far.

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Right now, I'm just in shock. I'm wondering if all the shit I'm seeing in the box scores are real. The Jets score 56, the Texans nearly beating the Jags on the road, what a crazy week.

Rams are beating the Bills 14-6

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Can't remember ever seeing a pair of rookie corners play that well. You don't usually see one play as well as Flowers has so far, so quickly...

love them both...so much confidence in their game...

props to hermina for them

Mecca
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Pollard was actually solid today. He's out-performed Page this year.

Yea we need some new safeties.

jjchieffan
09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Yea we need some new safeties.

Can you possibly find ONE F***ing good thing to say for God's sake? We just had a good win against a hated division rival and all you want to do is trash Surtain and Pollard. :cuss:

Mecca
09-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh for the love of christ.

ChiefGator
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Can you possibly find ONE F***ing good thing to say for God's sake? We just had a good win against a hated division rival and all you want to do is trash Surtain and Pollard. :cuss:

yeah... that thing he said...

And also.. We're rebuilding.. get over it.