PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Players that proved something today

ILChief
09-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Flowers - young, stud corner
Carr - other than the whiff on the Marshall TD, he played a great game
McBride - dude was all over the place, maybe not the pass rusher Jared Allen was, but he's a solid DE
D. Williams - No way Donnie moves Demorrio back to the bench. Maybe Donnie could replace Pat Thomas
Herb Taylor - note if he isn't the starting right tackle when Albert returns, Herm should be fired on the spot
Tank/Dorsey - they may not have put up great numbers, but Denver's vaunted running game never got going. DT's don't really put up great numbers anyway

We're not as far away as I thought. We need a young stud QB, a legit #2 Wideout, middle linebacker, and some O-Line depth and this team could be a contender.

cdcox
09-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't forget a pass rushing DE.

KCUnited
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Savage!

ILChief
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM

That's true. I had hoped for more from Tamba Hali. Maybe McBride can develop his pass rushing.

ILChief
09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Savage!

Oh yeah, I forgot. B.J. Sans should be cut tomorrow.

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Donnie is done.

He should never, ever, see the field again.

Thomas wasn't the weak link.

Donnie was.

Cut him.

Micjones
09-28-2008, 03:01 PM

We definitely need some help there.
A draftee and perhaps a solid #3 guy in Free Agency.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Donnie is done.

He should never, ever, see the field again.

Thomas wasn't the weak link.

Donnie was.

Cut him.

Donnie wasn't in there in week 3 when we were getting gashed.

Some of this has to fall at the feet of Pat Thomas. I'm not saying Donnie should start or that he doesn't suck, but I don't think you can say that Thomas is serviceable either.

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I really think with good coaching (I know, where's he going to get that) Turk can be a pretty good pass rusher, but yeah, we definitely need a dominating pass rusher at RDE.

Tamba is depth.

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree with all of the points above, and I'll also add that Dwayne Bowe proves to me more each week that he's a special talent. He's already proven that, but he keeps cementing it.

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Donnie wasn't in there in week 3 when we were getting gashed.

Some of this has to fall at the feet of Pat Thomas. I'm not saying Donnie should start or that he doesn't suck, but I don't think you can say that Thomas is serviceable either.

I'm not saying that Thomas is the answer at MLB, but he is, still, better than Donnie is right now.

MTG#10
09-28-2008, 03:06 PM
That's true. I had hoped for more from Tamba Hali. Maybe McBride can develop his pass rushing.
No, Tamba just needs to be moved back to the position he's used to - LDE. I said it was a mistake in the beginning when they decided to move him and its showing big time. When you lose a player of JA's talent, you dont shuffle your line to try to make up for him, just try to replace him. Dumb mistake. Now we have taken away the only pass rushing DE we had, when Turk could be doing just as good on the right side as he has the left and Tamba could be comfortable and getting his 7-8 sacks a season. I know that was a run-on sentence, but Ive had a few so bite me. :dom:

Bowser
09-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Against this offense, our secondary played lights ****ing out. And they did it with getting very little pass rush when we weren't blitzing.

ILChief
09-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree with all of the points above, and I'll also add that Dwayne Bowe proves to me more each week that he's a special talent. He's already proven that, but he keeps cementing it.

Yeah, I considered him proven already but with a real passing QB and an OC he'd be a real superstar.

keg in kc
09-28-2008, 03:07 PM
LJ.

I think he's healthy and I think he's gradually getting a grasp on the zone-blocking scheme.

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:08 PM
No, Tamba just needs to be moved back to the position he's used to - LDE. I said it was a mistake in the beginning when they decided to move him and its showing big time. When you lose a player of JA's talent, you dont shuffle your line to try to make up for him, just try to replace him. Dumb mistake. Now we have taken away the only pass rushing DE we had, when Turk could be doing just as good on the right side as he has the left and Tamba could be comfortable and getting his 7-8 sacks a season.

I don't think Tamba gets 7-8 sacks without JA on the right side.

RustShack
09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
I think Edwards would make a better MLB than Thomas. I also would like to see McBride and Hali switch places. McIntosh and Taylor swapping might help a little more too, and benching McIntosh once injury Albert returns. Oh and the MVP was LJ BAYBAY! He isn't going anywhere so you LJ haters can sit down and shut up.

rtmike
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
No, Tamba just needs to be moved back to the position he's used to - LDE. I said it was a mistake in the beginning when they decided to move him and its showing big time. When you lose a player of JA's talent, you dont shuffle your line to try to make up for him, just try to replace him. Dumb mistake. Now we have taken away the only pass rushing DE we had, when Turk could be doing just as good on the right side as he has the left and Tamba could be comfortable and getting his 7-8 sacks a season. I know that was a run-on sentence, but Ive had a few so bite me. :dom:

I apparently forgot just how good the D was watching the Donk-Chief game from '94 yesterday.
But DT & Smith were all over the line applying pressure on Elway, even the back ups were pressuring him. Saleamua was injured and Pellom was playing.

I guess my point is Tamba or anyone else should be able to apply pressure anywhere on the line they're played albeit the light guys playing the inside. imo

FAX
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
A good game all around. Amazing. Fantastic. Even Gailey was good ... we actually put the ball in the air!!!

My game ball goes to DJ, though. Forced one fumble and one interception. He played a complete game and demonstrated the potential we've been waiting for since he was drafted.

FAX

Basileus777
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM
DJ played very well today, much better than his abysmal performance against Atlanta.

Bane
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Do you guys remember Marvcus Patton?For some reason DEMORRIO WILLIAMS reminds me of him.

el borracho
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Flowers and Carr both looked great today.
LJ proved he still has it when complemented by good line play.
DJ looked the player we have been expecting for the last few years.
Bowe will be great whenever we finally get a QB.
Gonzalez still showing up to play every game, every year (bummer we didn't get him a record-breaking TD at the end of the game).

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:39 PM
DJ played very well today, much better than his abysmal performance against Atlanta.

I give the credit for that, and for the fact that Pat Thomas didn't look lost out there today for the first time to Williams.

CupidStunt
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Tank and Dorsey really anchored the line, and not surprisingly they get talked about least. Turk is coming to his own at LDE and if KC can find a RDE that's going to be a monster D-line for opponents to contend with. Add in a MLB (maybe use the high second-rounder on one) and that's a nasty front seven -- and VERY young.

milkman
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Tank and Dorsey really anchored the line, and not surprisingly they get talked about least. Turk is coming to his own at LDE and if KC can find a RDE that's going to be a monster D-line for opponents to contend with. Add in a MLB (maybe use the high second-rounder on one) and that's a nasty front seven -- and VERY young.

I heartily agree.

Turk has real potential, and by the end of the year can be better than Hali can ever hope to be.

Tank has really grown this year as well, and is making O-Linemen work hard.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
nobody likes Cox

BigRock
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Herb Taylor - note if he isn't the starting right tackle when Albert returns, Herm should be fired on the spot

Today showed exactly why keeping Herb as the backup LT was a smart move. I'm sure everyone would have loved seeing Albert get hurt and then McIntosh coming off the bench.

milkman
09-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Today showed exactly why keeping Herb as the backup LT was a smart move. I'm sure everyone would have loved seeing Albert get hurt and then McIntosh coming off the bench.

Taylor has been described as our "swing tackle" which would imply that he probably is practicing at both positions, and he also said that he was ready to come in for McGinatosh if called upon.

He also played RT for two years, before finishing as a LT for his senior year in college.

So, no, I absolutely do not see the wisdom of starting McGinaTosh ahead of Taylor.

BigRock
09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Taylor has been described as our "swing tackle" which would imply that he probably is practicing at both positions, and he also said that he was ready to come in for McGinatosh if called upon.

He also played RT for two years, before finishing as a LT for his senior year in college.

So, no, I absolutely do not see the wisdom of starting McGinaTosh ahead of Taylor.

Herb hasn't been working at right tackle. If he's seen any time there, and I'm not aware of anything, it's only been in the past week or two because I know as of the Raiders game he hadn't been over there at all. When he last played RT as a junior at TCU, that's not something you just step right into.

If he was at RT and Albert went down, they'd have two options: say "whoops, Herb, back to the other side" in the middle of a game while he's still trying to adjust to the right side, or keep Herb at RT and bring McIntosh in at LT.

I'd rank them this way:

1) Herb is always at LT, comes right in and can play.
2) Herb is trying to adjust to RT but has to move to LT mid-game.
3) McIntosh at LT.

In a perfect world, Herb at RT and Albert and LT would be great. But considering the time Albert has missed, I don't know why the idea that they'd want to keep a good backup at LT is always overlooked. Albert's probably not coming back from this elbow right away and Herb's been working at LT all this time. He should be able to step right in, just like he did today.

Whereas if they'd listened to all the head coaches here and put Herb in at RT a game or two back, today would have been a little hairy.

milkman
09-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Herb hasn't been working at right tackle. If he's seen any time there, and I'm not aware of anything, it's only been in the past week or two because I know as of the Raiders game he hadn't been over there at all. When he last played RT as a junior at TCU, that's not something you just step right into.

If he was at RT and Albert went down, they'd have two options: say "whoops, Herb, back to the other side" in the middle of a game while he's still trying to adjust to the right side, or keep Herb at RT and bring McIntosh in at LT.

I'd rank them this way:

1) Herb is always at LT, comes right in and can play.
2) Herb is trying to adjust to RT but has to move to LT mid-game.
3) McIntosh at LT.

In a perfect world, Herb at RT and Albert and LT would be great. But considering the time Albert has missed, I don't know why the idea that they'd want to keep a good backup at LT is always overlooked. Albert's probably not coming back from this elbow right away and Herb's been working at LT all this time. He should be able to step right in, just like he did today.

Whereas if they'd listened to all the head coaches here and put Herb in at RT a game or two back, today would have been a little hairy.

Do you know he hasn't worked at RT?

How does one designate him your "swing tackle" if they only give him any reps on one side?

Oh, wait.

I forgot I was talking about Herman ****ing Edwards and staff here.

Never mind.

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM

two times I saw Dorsey up in the QB's face and almost brought him down

BigRedChief
09-28-2008, 09:23 PM
McBride was the one that knocked out the ball on the firest fumble. 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Thats hustle.

Douche Baggins
09-28-2008, 09:26 PM
McBride was the one that knocked out the ball on the firest fumble. 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Thats hustle.

Herm demands it.

Douche Baggins
09-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Do you know he hasn't worked at RT?

How does one designate him your "swing tackle" if they only give him any reps on one side?

Oh, wait.

I forgot I was talking about Herman ****ing Edwards and staff here.

Never mind.

Herb didn't take a single snap at RT in training camp or preseason.

Douche Baggins
09-28-2008, 09:27 PM

I love Tank, he's making Gunther and Herm look very smart for drafting him. Turk, I just don't think much of his pass rush at all. He's too slow, IMO, to be an edge rusher.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 09:28 PM

If you smelled what Tank cut lose
you'd run away at warp speed too

luv
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
nobody likes Cox

I do.

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I do.

Every cox happens for a reason.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I love Tank, he's making Gunther and Herm look very smart for drafting him. Turk, I just don't think much of his pass rush at all. He's too slow, IMO, to be an edge rusher.

Turk is a guy who can play end on 1st and 2nd down and DT on pass downs, he has value....this would show up alot more if/when we add a legit end for the other side putting Hali in his proper spot.

Douche Baggins
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Cox is ****ing awesome. That guy doesn't drop a pass.

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM

Agreed..... I'm excited to see what he will look like in 2 or 3 seasons after he has polished his game.

I honestly believe we may have our next Anders/Richardson.

Dylan
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
It was the first time I’ve watched the Chiefs play this season. No one knows their team better than the fans. But, here's what I saw today.

I thought the team did a remarkable job right from the start. They were physical in the lanes and played tough on both sides of the ball. More importantly, they made big plays when it counted.

Larry Johnson wanted the ball --he got it, and destoyed Denver's defense. LJ first drive set the tone for the rest of the game. The best playcame in the 4th qtr with seconds left --2nd or 3rd long, Huard hands off to LJ and he runs right through the the heart of the Broncos defense for a TD. Game secured -- game over.

Bowe was amazing. Tony G plays amazing. I love Carr and Flowers. They're good.

I thought the Chiefs defense played a great game. They destroyed Jay Elway Cutler.

I thought Huard did a nice job today. He had one TD no INTs. He spread the ball around to different receivers. I thought he did a good job managing game. J/M/O This win is a great confidence builder.

And the Cowboys and Eagles lost today!!! Washington won. they have good fans, so does the Eagles. lol

HonestChieffan
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
It was one game.

aturnis
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Do you guys remember Marvcus Patton?For some reason DEMORRIO WILLIAMS reminds me of him.

Could it be that he wears #53?

Skip Towne
09-28-2008, 10:13 PM
It was one game.

Yeah, I don't feel much better. Maybe it is progress but we will have to wait and see.

Douche Baggins
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I don't feel much better. Maybe it is progress but we will have to wait and see.

It's definitely progress. The Chiefs showed improvement in almost every area of the game.

TinyEvel
09-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Look at the LJ final TD run again, he ran into the OL's buttcrack not once but TWICE, head-down, before breaking left for the TD. WTF? He's just lucky he didn't trip over something and go down like 90 percent of the other plays.

HEAD UP LJ!! :cuss:

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Could it be that he wears #53?

They aren't much alike, Patton was big and slow and Williams game is pretty much based around how fast he runs.

cdcox
09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
They aren't much alike, Patton was big and slow and Williams game is pretty much based around how fast he runs.

And the fact when he tackles someone they don't drag him downfield for 5 yards. (comparing Williams to Donnie Edwards).

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM
And the fact when he tackles someone they don't drag him downfield for 5 yards. (comparing Williams to Donnie Edwards).

I honestly don't wanna see Edwards or Surtain start another game, there's no point, ride out this year and cut them.....

I'd also like to see Page get replaced by Morgan, Page has looked pretty blah so far.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I honestly don't wanna see Edwards or Surtain start another game, there's no point, ride out this year and cut them.....

I'd also like to see Page get replaced by Morgan, Page has looked pretty blah so far.

Totally agree.

Williams improved the linebacking corp tremendously today and allowed DJ to actually make a few plays. Not to mention Williams play-making ability.

I'm completely stoked by the play of our young corners, who are not showing their youth at all. Page is "okay" but hopefully when Morgan's ready, Page can go to nickel or dime because he is a ball hawk.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I still think Page and Pollard would look a ton better if they were our backup safeties, that played special teams and in certain defensive roles, than as starters.

Basileus777
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM

Its unreal that McGraw is getting more playing time than Morgan. I'd like to see Morgan at least get rotated in sometimes, like what we saw with Page in his rookie year. Herm's loyalty to his veterans is getting a bit extreme.

CosmicPal
09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Herm's loyalty to his veterans is getting a bit extreme.

Aren't McGraw and Herm supposed to be like "Buddies" or something? And maybe that's why McGraw is getting on the field more often? :shrug:

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:56 PM
McGraw is buddies with Herm and his wife.....its sad, McGraw likely shouldn't be on the team after this year but he'll still be here.

Basileus777
09-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't have a problem with McGraw staying on the roster as a special teams player, but he shouldn't be seeing the field on defense unless someone is hurt.

Chiefaholic
09-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Everybody already know Claython likes Cox, expecially those that know how to handle balls.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't have a problem with McGraw staying on the roster as a special teams player, but he shouldn't be seeing the field on defense unless someone is hurt.

Well I think that way because I think Page and Pollard are backup role players which would entail getting another safety....

Either way we have 3 guys on this team cause their buddies with a coach.

mylittlepony
09-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Well I think that way because I think Page and Pollard are backup role players which would entail getting another safety....

Either way we have 3 guys on this team cause their buddies with a coach.

I sort of agree on Page (and Pollard for that matter), I like him in the redzone(alot) but with a long field he simply doesnt fly the way you want a Free safety to. He has come up clutch in the Redzone more then once (oakland INT for one) and is an ample backup.

Tribal Warfare
09-29-2008, 03:21 AM

George Selvie will be the edge rusher if KC slips into the 5 to 7 slot.

DJ's left nut
09-29-2008, 06:46 AM

Get Pollard out there with a true cover safety (Morgan) and he's exactly what you want in a SS. Right now he's just asked to cover more ground than you'd ideally want a SS to cover because Page can't seem to keep his head in the game long enough to keep from screwing something up.

He's a hitter, he can absolutely cover ground and he seems to keep a lot of the defense energized, they really respond to him.

He's not a CB, he's not even a FS, but he has plenty of range for a SS and is getting better at his reads daily. He'll be a very good SS for us next season, provided that Morgan gets some reps this year and steps in at FS next.

BigRedChief
09-29-2008, 06:48 AM
uhhhh didn't he drop one today?

Chief Henry
09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
I have not read the whole thread, so someone might have postd this already, but when I watched the game Sunday I was focusing on our new center Nicewanger (sp). This
kid did an OUTSANDING job Sunday. On running plays he was a bulldozer and on numerous occassions he was "holding" his block and then getting down field to chip a
LB. What I was noticing is how he would get his man down field at least 1 maybe 2 yards consistently. On passing plays he was a wall. I was impressed with this kids performace.

Chief Henry
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM

After getting completely embarressed the last two games, DJ played the way he's capable of, but you could say that about the whole KC team. The
defense played they're gaps the way they were suppose to and the cut back lanes were not there (in this game).

Lets see that performance again and again and again.

cmh6476
09-29-2008, 08:39 AM
I heard my FIL saw Friday night, we're going to get torched by Cutler as our pass D is terrible.

I said, "you know we really haven't had an adaquate guage of our secondary, as teams haven't had to pass as they've just ran the ball down our throats."

I guess I was kinda right.

El Jefe
09-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I didn't read the whole thread but I though DJ was a straight animal today. He had that huge strip on Marshall, and he had a huge pick also, he was a beast.