PDA

View Full Version : For the Morons that were in favor of starting Thigpen just because he's young......

CoMoChief
09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Please kindly STFU

I'm fine with putting Croyle back in once he's healthy because thats why we drafted him......but the Thigpen experiment was probably the dumbest thing anyone has done in the NFL so far this season.

Had Huard started in ATL.....we could be 2-2.

Sure-Oz
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Thigpen has no business playing again in this league

Der Flöprer
09-28-2008, 04:18 PM
It wasn't dumb to put him in. It would've been dumb to keep him in. He won't see the field again for anyone unless we have an emergency this year. We gave him a shot, he didn't have what it took. No big deal. The Thigpen experience is dead. And 2-2 wouldn't have made a bit of difference come December. This is the year of all years to see for sure what we've got at every posititon.

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
playing Huard serves no purpose, it never has....but hey, today is your day....so live it up...

Sure-Oz
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I just hope we get a new QB by next fall, and someone worth a damn

milkman
09-28-2008, 04:21 PM
playing Huard serves no purpose, it never has....but hey, today is your day....so live it up...

QFT

milkman
09-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I just hope we get a new QB by next fall, and someone worth a damn

We'll probably sign JP Losman in free agency.

Der Flöprer
09-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm surprised that you guys think that winning a few football games serves no purpose.

irishjayhawk
09-28-2008, 04:23 PM

QFTMFT

Mecca
09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
We'll probably sign JP Losman in free agency.

He and Croyle are like twins....

milkman
09-28-2008, 04:26 PM

I'm just telling you what I think these idiots will do.

I ain't jumping up and down about it.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Don't start that pussy Croyle, either. He has just as much of a future here as Thigpen does.

Huard, in addition to providing this team with their best chance to win, also gives everybody else a chance to actually improve. It's always been that way, you ****tards.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
QFTMFT

Wrong. He's the only QB on this team that allows the other younger players to get experience playing in a competitive football game.

triple
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM
it was right to give Thigpen a chance to see what he could do.

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Had Huard or Croyle played, I still don't think we would have won last week. Some people's football knowledge around here is for shit. When you have roster full of young players, you need to play as many as you can. Playing Huard all season really makes no sense. This season is not about winning games.

CoMoChief
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Don't start that pussy Croyle, either. He has just as much of a future here as Thigpen does.
Huard, in addition to providing this team with their best chance to win, also gives everybody else a chance to actually improve. It's always been that way, you ****tards.

I agree for the most part but when Croyle is back healthy, he should get the nod...

Now if he gets hurt AGAIN....then you gotta cut your losses and move on....start Huard the rest of the season and go after a QB next offseason.

You can't play QB when you're always inj like he is.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
it was right to give Thigpen a chance to see what he could do.

No it wasn't. Everyone that's ever watched that guy play could tell he would embarrass at the NFL level.

irishjayhawk
Wrong. He's the only QB on this team that allows the other younger players to get experience playing in a competitive football game.

No future in Huard.

Right now, we don't have a qb for the future. But we should at least see if Croyle can be a backup.

Rain Man
I think you should always start the best players once training camp starts. If you want to teach young players, they should know that the best player gets to start. Also, it's hard to develop a player appropriately if he's got someone next to him who's not getting the job done. All you do is train them to overcompensate and not play their position.

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Huard (and Herm) is the reason we didn't start the rebuild last year, he's the reason we didn't find out about Croyle LAST YEAR.....

Huard set us back a full year....and the same MORONS who wanted him to "lead us to 8-8!" then are the same MORONS who want him to lead us to 8-8!! now...in spite of the actual damage that would do to our rebuild, and efforts to find a QBOTF...

but these MORONS have never been interested in building a Championship team, they just want to be mildly competitive...they a want a meager amount of success, but not too much! that's risky!!

"give me Carl, Herm, Huard, 8 wins, and a blankie and I'll be happy!...BECAUSE I AM A ****ING MORON..."

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Had Huard or Croyle played, I still don't think we would have won last week. Some people's football knowledge around here is for shit. When you have roster full of young players, you need to play as many as you can. Playing Huard all season really makes no sense. This season is not about winning games.

WTF? You can't keep playing young QBs that suck just because they are young. It's incredibly detrimental to the rest of the team that is trying to improve.

Playing a veteran QB for the rest of this year is perfectly fine for that reason. Our QBOTF is not in this organization right now.

triple
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
yes talking can, a few people are deathly afraid of us evaluating the talent on our roster.

because denver comes in here and turns the ball over 4 times, they think Huard could have let us to the playoffs this year... and that people on a message board calling for it actually have some effect on what was going on

it isn't like they gave Thigpen the reins for the whole year and he sucked balls like croyle did last year

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Huard (and Herm) is the reason we didn't start the rebuild last year, he's the reason we didn't find out about Croyle LAST YEAR.....

Huard set us back a full year....and the same MORONS who wanted him to "lead us to 8-8!" then are the same MORONS who want him to lead us to 8-8!! now...in spite of the actual damage that would do to our rebuild, and efforts to find a QBOTF...

but these MORONS have never been interested in building a Championship team, they just want to be mildly competitive...they a want a meager amount of success, but not too much! that's risky!!

"give me Carl, Herm, Huard, 8 wins, and a blankie and I'll be happy!...BECAUSE I AM A ****ING MORON..."

Idiot. Nobody is saying any of that shit, and it's certaiinly not about winning.

Croyle and Thigpen don't provide the opportunity for the rest of the team to improve, while Huard does. It's that simple.

We can't just keep sending in that pussy scrub Croyle to suck and get injured every game. You start losing the respect and motivation of the rest of the players.

Chiefnj2
09-28-2008, 05:07 PM

Serves no purpose? I suppose there are no other players to develop other than Thigpen. I didn't realize we were such a veteran team.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 05:09 PM
No future in Huard.

What an incredibly astute observation, thanks for pointing that out.

Right now, we don't have a qb for the future. But we should at least see if Croyle can be a backup.

And thanks for completely missing the point.

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Talking Can, do you not think there's some value to the young players in not being humiliated? I'd rather go 6-10 and give them a taste of winning than go 2-14 so we can "develop" Thigpen.

If Thigpen gives us the best chance of winning, start him. If not, start the guy who does. As a coach, you can't send the message to the players that you don't care about winning.

And yeah, that's why I want to get rid of Herm and Carl. They send that message.

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
yes talking can, a few people are deathly afraid of us evaluating the talent on our roster.

because denver comes in here and turns the ball over 4 times, they think Huard could have let us to the playoffs this year... and that people on a message board calling for it actually have some effect on what was going on

it isn't like they gave Thigpen the reins for the whole year and he sucked balls like croyle did last year

true fans want to "win now!"

understand, this is all they care about

the long term strategy and risk of building a championship team mean nothing to them, because they don't want risk...they want to "win now!"

this is the fundamental true fan psychology that must be understood...they would gladly trade next year's #1 QB in the draft for 6 wins this year with Huard...

the fact that Huard will never take us anywhere is irrelevant to them....they don't think long term, and they like the safety of familiar mediocrity - Huard - versus the risk of the unknown - next year's #1 QB in the draft...

I'm not joking. This is real. This explains Carl Peterson's security, and our consistently mediocre franchise afraid to risk grooming, or even sucking enough to acquire, a first round QBOTF.

I hate True Fans. These MORONS are why our franchise sucks ass.l

keg in kc
09-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Huard would have been knocked out of last week's game on the first play. Abraham came free on the opening snap. Not to mention his mysterious head injury.

the Talking Can
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I'd rather go 6-10 and give them a taste of winning than go 2-14 so we can ACQUIRE A QB

see post #27

triple
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Talking Can, do you not think there's some value to the young players in not being humiliated? I'd rather go 6-10 and give them a taste of winning than go 2-14 so we can "develop" Thigpen.

If Thigpen gives us the best chance of winning, start him. If not, start the guy who does. As a coach, you can't send the message to the players that you don't care about winning.

And yeah, that's why I want to get rid of Herm and Carl. They send that message.

i dont think anyone says Thigpen should be starting now. I don't either. The depth chart should be croyle, huard, thigpen.

but it was not wrong to give him 1 game to see what he could do.

chiefs1111

True,though at least Losman can run some

triple

the long term strategy and risk of building a championship team mean nothing to them, because they don't want risk...they want to "win now!"

this is the fundamental true fan psychology that must be understood...they would gladly trade next year's #1 QB in the draft for 6 wins this year with Huard...

the fact that Huard will never take us anywhere is irrelevant to them....they don't think long term, and they like the safety of familiar mediocrity - Huard - versus the risk of the unknown - next year's #1 QB in the draft...

I'm not joking. This is real. This explains Carl Peterson's security, and our consistently mediocre franchise afraid to risk grooming, or even sucking enough to acquire, a first round QBOTF.

i dont see what the 'risk' is, as a fan.

sometimes the chiefs win. sometimes they lose. when it's over, either way i end up outside mowing the lawn.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM

Wow, I seriously have to ask. Are you completely ****ed in the head? Nobody is saing any of that.

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 05:25 PM
see post #27

In that case, you should advocate for kneeling down on every offensive play. The lineman could practice their blocking and the receivers could run their routes, and you'd get more training time for the defense.

Do you not think it's better for Bowe to be catching passes, as opposed to watching passes hit the ground four yards away? I'd rather develop Bowe than develop Thigpen.

And I should stress that I have nothing against Thigpen. If he's our best option, we should let him play and I'll root for him. But I don't think we should sacrifice the development of Bowe specifically to give him playing time.

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
i dont think anyone says Thigpen should be starting now. I don't either. The depth chart should be croyle, huard, thigpen.

but it was not wrong to give him 1 game to see what he could do.

If he earned it by outperforming Huard in practice, I completely agree. But only if that happened.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Why would Mormons want to start Thigpen just because he's young?

I mean, sure. Steve Young was a talented quarterback who went to BYU, but that doesn't mean that being just young is the same as being Steve Young. Young had an incredibly productive career, but it seems to me that this is a wild reach that...

Yes?

Oh. Morons, not Mormons?

Never mind.

BigRock
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
PUKE. I'll give Huard a big pat on the back for the win and everything, and he made a few good throws. But I can go the rest of my life without seeing the "deep pass 3 yards out of bounds" and the "-2 yard dumpoff into the flat" that are the trademarks of the Huard arsenal.

TEX
09-28-2008, 05:34 PM

:clap: Yep.

tk13
09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Well, we already turned the roster over. It's not like last year... we have young guys all over the field. At some point some of these guys have to learn how to actually win football games. Or what's the point of even rebuilding. We should just kneel on the ball everytime so we can get 10-11 more rookies next year apparently. And just keep rebuilding until we find a QB, screw the rest of the roster.

We've turned the corner on putting young guys on this roster... now we need to develop some of them, and then start filling in the holes... QB, MLB, RT... and bring them onto a team that's making progress. You don't just start throwing donkey feces up against a wall until you get a QB then say "Oh well, now we can start adding other players." That makes less sense than the "true fans" who want to win 9 games.

KC_Connection
09-28-2008, 05:40 PM
In that case, you should advocate for kneeling down on every offensive play. The lineman could practice their blocking and the receivers could run their routes, and you'd get more training time for the defense.

Do you not think it's better for Bowe to be catching passes, as opposed to watching passes hit the ground four yards away? I'd rather develop Bowe than develop Thigpen.

And I should stress that I have nothing against Thigpen. If he's our best option, we should let him play and I'll root for him. But I don't think we should sacrifice the development of Bowe specifically to give him playing time.
Finally some logic. Not a surprise that it comes from one of the best posters on this board.

damaticous
09-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Thigpen has no business playing again in this league

I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't be speaking up...but come the **** on!!!!

The coaches failed the kid. He was setup for failure from the beginning.

How many running backs (short passes) did Huard complete today???

grow the F up and STFU.

Thigpen has a future in the NFL just not with a shitty coaching staff that the Chiefs have. They set him up to fail.

Pablo
09-28-2008, 08:22 PM

grow the F up and STFU.

Thigpen has a future in the NFL just not with a shitty coaching staff that the Chiefs have. They set him up to fail.No he doesn't.

He's a 7th round practice squad scrub and he's the 3rd worst QB on the team with the worst QB situation in the NFL. He has no future, and he was lucky to get one entire game to showcase his lack of talent, poise in the pocket, and intelligence.

You don't have to give a guy time to develop and mature if you didn't draft him, and you didn't pay big money to acquire him off of a practice squad.

Thigpen was a week long band-aid that failed miserably.

CoMoChief
09-28-2008, 08:31 PM

grow the F up and STFU.

Thigpen has a future in the NFL just not with a shitty coaching staff that the Chiefs have. They set him up to fail.

Is that why we picked him up off of waivers or..............?:rolleyes:

Rain Man
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Finally some logic. Not a surprise that it comes from one of the best posters on this board.

I like you.

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Great thread

Huard
4-11
33 yards
2 turnovers

Chiefs ass pounded 24-0

True Fans win again.

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Great thread

Huard
4-11
33 yards
2 turnovers

Chiefs ass pounded 24-0

True Fans win again.

update

Huard throws another int

3 turnovers by Damon Huard today

kstater
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
update

Huard throws another int

3 turnovers by Damon Huard today

That wasn't just an interception, no Chief was within 30 yards of that pass.

harpes
10-05-2008, 02:10 PM
I consider it a surprise punt.

CoMoChief
10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
This is the same fucking shit we all saw against OAK.......this falls all on the coaches because there isn't ONE SINGLE player that came to play today.

AND WTF is McIntosh still starting at RT???? Is Richardson really THAT bad?

We don't have a QB on the roster that would be a better option than Huard, as sad as it is to say.

Brock
10-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, STUPID

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Please kindly STFU

I'm fine with putting Croyle back in once he's healthy because thats why we drafted him......but the Thigpen experiment was probably the dumbest thing anyone has done in the NFL so far this season.

Huard benched for being so shitty

brilliant

Reerun_KC
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Please kindly STFU

Please Kindly STFU about Huard..

The true Huard was on the field today....

kstater
10-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Really? Did he help them improve today?

banyon
10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
"For the morons who wanted to go with Huard just because he's old."

morphius
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Really? Did he help them improve today?
Our offensive players needed to work on their tackling...

triple
10-05-2008, 03:12 PM
yay, Huard rules... no way could Thigpen have put up that kind of a performance

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD

triple
10-05-2008, 06:42 PM
this thread is the Damon Huard of threads

smittysbar
10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought our receivers tackled good today, thank Damon, way to help the development of the youngsters. CoMo is proud

Chief Faithful
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Neither Huard or Pigpen should have made this team.

damaticous
10-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Neither Huard or Pigpen should have made this team.

Agreed. No QB could perform well behind this line or Offensive coaching.

It's a Fail situation all around.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe we should start Ingle The Dingle Martin?

Brock
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
:drool:

the Talking Can
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Please kindly STFU

awesomeness x 1,000, this thread is

triple
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
if only Huard were playing, we'd be .500 and challenging for the playoffs... BRILLIANT!

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
ROFL

Brock
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
I didn't know CoMoTard had been banned. Too bad.

triple
10-27-2008, 11:22 AM

I wouldn't say that.

jidar
10-27-2008, 12:34 PM
heh. awesome thread

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
It's great to see thigpen play better for sure, that said it was 1 game

Let's see if he can play atleast average against TB

Brock
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't expect him to play well against TB. Just the whole notion that Huard was going to "help develop the young players" and "manage the game" was a bunch of bullshit.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
didn't he just get banned for like a day or something though

PhillyChiefFan
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Against the defense of TB?? I hope he can chew food by the time he is done on Sunday.

Taking nothing away from his performance this past Sunday, the Buccs have a fast and powerful defense and our Oline will be overwhelmed and he will be hurried a lot.

I expect a few picks. but who knows maybe he will come into his own and begin to play really well eventually.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
didn't he just get banned for like a day or something thoughWhat did he get banned for?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
What did he get banned for?

Originally, for a fake headline about CP being canned.

Then he dropped the "n" bomb a couple of times.

Then he posted pr0n in the Pictures forum.

That's off the top of my head.

Brock
10-27-2008, 03:24 PM
He should have been perma-banned for being a fan of MU football and KU basketball.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 03:31 PM
CoMo? How does Thigpen's A$$ taste?

alpha_omega
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
It's great to see thigpen play better for sure, that said it was 1 game

Let's see if he can play atleast average against TB

Agreed....after i see it for 2 or 3 games, i might be a bit more optimistic.

alpha_omega
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally, for a fake headline about CP being canned.

Then he dropped the "n" bomb a couple of times.

Then he posted pr0n in the Pictures forum.

That's off the top of my head.

That's a Hat Trick.

smittysbar
10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
He'll be back

aturnis
10-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Please kindly STFU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX7wtNOkuHo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX7wtNOkuHo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>