PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Gonzalez frustrated

Farzin
09-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Reporters were approaching Tony after the game. He told reporters he was not speaking today when he turned around and saw them. Obviously something is bugging him.

Is it the record for most career receiving yards by a TE? I would be surprised if so. Don't get me wrong, I understand it was a home game as the Chiefs shocked everyone by winning their first game against our bitter rivals who were undefeated, and on top of that, it snapped our 12 game losing streak. But Gonzalez is not the type of person that would refuse to speak because of an indivdual record. It's only two yards...

Why do you think he refused to speak?

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
I'll call him up and ask. I'll get back to ya.

:)

He might not have been feeling the greatest after that TD catch where he came down hard.

Mr. Plow
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Because he saw Claythan licking LJ's ass in the locker room?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
No way Tony's pissed about not getting the record today.

pr_capone

That could not have been it....

Wendler was busy deep throating DvD at the time.

sedated
I'll bet its not getting the record. He's always been a selfish prick.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Did he talk after losses

Fairplay
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM

Claythans been working out a lot, i bet he mixed in with the other players in the locker room.

But they knew he was an imposter when he had a woody in the showers.

DRU
09-28-2008, 05:03 PM
remember, he had trouble getting up after that TD. he's probably just sore and tired and wanted to get back into the locker room and take care of himself.

blueballs
09-28-2008, 05:05 PM
October promised ass to mouth
when the Chiefs broke the winning streak
2 more yards and she would have agreed to a 4 some

lightsout04
09-28-2008, 05:10 PM
He was checking up on his fantasy football team.

kstater
09-28-2008, 05:17 PM
610 reported that he was 1 yard away and was upset that he didn't get a chance to get it at home on that last drive with the road game next week.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
610 reported that he was 1 yard away and was upset that he didn't get a chance to get it at home on that last drive with the road game next week.

610 has to be running spin. It was a 1 score game at the end. If he's pissed we didn't pass to him so he could break the record at home, then he's a much bigger prima donna than I ever thought he was. It could've lost us the game.

Over-Head
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Boo Hooo he should be glad he's gotten the damn ball as much as he has in his career.

doomy3
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
610 has to be running spin. It was a 1 score game at the end. If he's pissed we didn't pass to him so he could break the record at home, then he's a much bigger prima donna than I ever thought he was. It could've lost us the game.

this.

If TG was really mad about that, he is much more concerned about himself than the team than I thought he was.

Marcellus
09-28-2008, 05:28 PM

I don't blame him. No issue.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Do the Chiefs just give press passes out to anyone with a blog/website?

Jesus.

ragedogg69
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I remember him being interviewed a while back. They asked, "would you give up all your pro bowls for a super bowl ring?" His answer: "Do i have to give them all up?"

Every since then, I am not surprised when I hear stuff like this.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
You know they do. :)

Jesus.

Marcellus
09-28-2008, 05:37 PM
HE wanted to break the record at home. He gave up his body to make TD catch just prior, he knows he will break it next week. Why not be dissapointed? I would be too.

MyChiefConcern
09-28-2008, 05:39 PM
this.

If TG was really mad about that, he is much more concerned about himself than the team than I thought he was.

You guys have got to be kidding. I'm not sure how one can possibly try to paint Tony Gonzalez in a selfish light. He's given everything to this organization and this city.

Come on.

EDIT: Seriously can't believe some of the comments in this thread. You guys are like a bunch of wolves.

The Bad Guy
09-28-2008, 05:40 PM
You know they do. :)

Ok, I do have egg on my face.

But, still.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
09-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Here is a different view. If Tony wanted the record at home it's because he wanted to share it with the fans that stood by him and the crap-ass teams he's played on. He probably wanted to share that special moment with 70,000+ people. It's not about being selfish per se, it's about getting the record, shutting up Shannon Sharpe and raising the "ball" to the crowd as they chant his name. It would have been a symbolic gesture from Tony to the fans and then likewise, from the fans to Tony.

The chants would have stayed with him forever. Made a lifetime memory so when his kids are burying his father years from now they can re-call the scene at Arrowhead on September 28, 2008.

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
The guy has given everything every week. They could have given him a shot. I would be a little pissed too. It's not like he's gonna get shit else out of this season. I doubt we would have blown the game by attempting a pass in his direction. We probably would have scored a TD, and I think he hates Shannon Sharpe, and wanted to do it against the broncos. Can you blame him?

rtmike
09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Here is a different view. If Tony wanted the record at home it's because he wanted to share it with the fans that stood by him and the crap-ass teams he's played on. He probably wanted to share that special moment with 70,000+ people. It's not about being selfish per se, it's about getting the record, shutting up Shannon Sharpe and raising the "ball" to the crowd as they chant his name. It would have been a symbolic gesture from Tony to the fans and then likewise, from the fans to Tony.

The chants would have stayed with him forever. Made a lifetime memory so when his kids are burying his father years from now they can re-call the scene at Arrowhead on September 28, 2008.

Only logical spin I see fit. :thumb:

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 05:44 PM
You guys have got to be kidding. I'm not sure how one can possibly try to paint Tony Gonzalez in a selfish light. He's given everything to this organization and this city.

Come on.

EDIT: Seriously can't believe some of the comments in this thread. You guys are like a bunch of wolves.

Really how the **** can you call TG a prima donna?

You guys are stupid.

Farzin
09-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Jesus.

I work for a local magazine also ;)

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Really how the **** can you call TG a prima donna?

You guys are stupid.

I'm not calling him a prima dona unless he's pissed at the coaching staff for it.

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm not calling him a prima dona unless he's pissed at the coaching staff for it.

I think they should have thrown a safe route in his direction. He's earned it.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I think they should have thrown a safe route in his direction. He's earned it.

Sure. But the other 52 guys on that roster have earned a win after 12 straight losses. Could you just imagine what you'd be saying right now if Champ Bailey had jumped the snap, picked it off, ran it back and we had lost in overtime? Shit. Herm Edwards would need protection tonight.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm as big of a TG fan as anyone on this board. I'm just sayin, you don't take those risks IMO when the risk vs. reward is winning a football game/breaking a record.

mikeyis4dcats.
09-28-2008, 05:54 PM
totally agree he should have been given the shot, I even made a thread about it.

beach tribe
09-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm as big of a TG fan as anyone on this board. I'm just sayin, you don't take those risks IMO when the risk vs. reward is winning a football game/breaking a record.

I see where your coming from but there are routes that are pretty safe. Hell they could have run a TE hitch. I would bet on TG getting 1 yrd any day.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I see where your coming from but there are routes that are pretty safe. Hell they could have run a TE hitch. I would bet on TG getting 1 yrd any day.

Maybe they should've found a way to run some kind of a TE screen for him. I really wish he'd gotten it today and said as much in the game thread. Everyone needed that win today, and I'm just glad we got it against the Broncos.

T-post Tom
09-28-2008, 06:04 PM
October promised ass to mouth
when the Chiefs broke the winning streak
2 more yards and she would have agreed to a 4 some

a pole and three holes or a hole and three poles?

wazu
09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
I heard this on the radio and it sounds far-fetched. They were even claiming he was going to sit out next week in protest.

Buehler445
09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't think anyone can talk any shit at all on Gonzo at all. That man gives it his all all the time. Last year he fuggin destroyed his ankle and went in to get it re-taped so he could come out and try to stop the asskicking that we were given. The man catches Huards terrible passses all the time. The only time he has missed a game is when Huard hung him out to dry and he separated his shoulder breaking up the interception.

I can't remember him ever giving up on a throw, even when they are high and away and every LB in the league wants to put a hit on the man. When I hear Mecca talk about how he would be able to deal with Moss giving up on half the plays just to get the HOF numbers, it makes me sick that anyone would talk any shit on Gonzo when he leaves it out on the field EVERY goddamn game. Every one of them. Even the ones that were coached by Squirmin Herman.

kregger
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
If only he could of hung on to that pass in the first half that actually hit him in stride on the hands. Damn, you know he isn't going to get many of those from Huard.

Halfcan
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't think anyone can talk any shit at all on Gonzo at all. That man gives it his all all the time. Last year he fuggin destroyed his ankle and went in to get it re-taped so he could come out and try to stop the asskicking that we were given. The man catches Huards terrible passses all the time. The only time he has missed a game is when Huard hung him out to dry and he separated his shoulder breaking up the interception.

I can't remember him ever giving up on a throw, even when they are high and away and every LB in the league wants to put a hit on the man. When I hear Mecca talk about how he would be able to deal with Moss giving up on half the plays just to get the HOF numbers, it makes me sick that anyone would talk any shit on Gonzo when he leaves it out on the field EVERY goddamn game. Every one of them. Even the ones that were coached by Squirmin Herman.

:clap: well said

Pablo
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I heard this on the radio and it sounds far-fetched. They were even claiming he was going to sit out next week in protest.And end his 119 game catch streak?

Doubtful.

Logical
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Jesus.Yes, evidently. Why else would a writer who starts a sentence "Myself and several" be allowed a press pass?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Yes, evidently. Why else would a writer who starts a sentence "Myself and several" be allowed a press pass?

LMAO

C-Mac
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM

Thanks for trying to present reason to this thread......

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM

Jesus.

You sound bitter.

el borracho
09-28-2008, 07:51 PM
If I were coach I would have thrown it to Gonzalez four times in a row if necessary as a special F U to Sharpe and the Bronc-hoes. Of course, Herm doesn't care at all about that sort of thing but he still should have given Tony at least one shot.

InChiefsHell
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Any of you fuggin idiots that has anything to say about TG being selfish and not caring about the Chiefs are obviously idiots and should consider suicide...

...If I'm Tony G, I'd be disappointed that I couldn't break a damn DONKEY record AT HOME when the fans really needed a bunch to cheer about...even if we got the win...

...you people suck...

boogblaster
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Gonzo is a pro .. the prize will come later at Canton ...