PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hey Claythan, bro... REAL impressed with Devard Darling so far

Ari Chi3fs
09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
his statistics are insaneoriffic!!

You can pick'em bro! Feck yeah!

pr_capone
09-28-2008, 09:36 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192810

Frankie
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192774

Ari Chi3fs
09-28-2008, 10:05 PM
You people needs to learn about HEADLINES. As a journalism major, I have to say these vague ass thread titles aren't helping...

Frankie
09-28-2008, 10:08 PM
You people needs to learn about HEADLINES. As a journalism major, I have to say these vague ass thread titles aren't helping...

Apology accepted. ;)

Count Zarth
09-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I think I'm going to nibble on a little crow appetizer on this one. I'm not ready to wolf down the whole plate but it appears to me the coaching staff is preparing Franklin for a starting role. Yesterday he was running with Bowe quite a bit in 2 WR formations. Usually Franklin only plays the slot.

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Who is Darling? Does he play on the Chiefs?

beach tribe
09-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Make way for Franklin. The one man cold.

RustShack
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Hows Will Franklin doing? Darling and Franklin both can't help it that its Screen, Bowe, or sack.

Coach
09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I think I'm going to nibble on a little crow appetizer on this one. I'm not ready to wolf down the whole plate but it appears to me the coaching staff is preparing Franklin for a starting role. Yesterday he was running with Bowe quite a bit in 2 WR formations. Usually Franklin only plays the slot.

:LOL:

Hey buddy, how my ass taste?

Deberg_1990
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Jeff Webb caught more balls than Darling yesterday.....ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I could have sworn we let Bigfoot go.

JimNasium
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't know if you've come to the same conclusion but I'm beginning to think that Goatboy isn't all that great of a talent evaluator. Just sayin'.

Reerun_KC
09-29-2008, 06:01 PM
All this ass tasting has me worried and Claythan very excited....

kstater
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Who is Darling? Does he play on the Chiefs?

He's Johnny Morton without the dance.

Count Zarth
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM

That's kind of an insult to Johnnie Morton...

whoman69
09-29-2008, 06:15 PM

Or the catches. Did they even throw the ball his way yesterday?

Delano
09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Darling looked great as a decoy on those fake end-arounds/reverses.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Honestly, i dont know what anyone would be surprised or pissed that this dude hasnt done anything.

Its not like he was some highly touted free agent. Dude, hasnt done much of anything in the NFL.

Count Zarth
12-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Darling has had two good games, back to back. He was pretty impressive today. Would have had another catch and a first down if Thigpen had not overthrown him.

I like him in this offense as a third receiver. I think the coaching staff misjudged his talents and he was overmatched as a starter.

He's a keeper for depth, IMO.

:)

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Darling has had two good games, back to back. He was pretty impressive today. Would have had another catch and a first down if Thigpen had not overthrown him.

I like him in this offense as a third receiver. I think the coaching staff misjudged his talents and he was overmatched as a starter.

The new staff could cut him and we would never notice....

aturnis
12-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Pat yourself on the back some more. He still sucks.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 09:37 PM

I would be you Claythan prefers to pat himself on the front.... :doh!:

Count Zarth
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM

He doesn't suck. He runs good routes, catches the ball and gets yards after the catch.

With a better quarterback he'd be even more productive. :D

Deberg_1990
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM

Hes really diappeared ever since Bradley emerged.

Its strange, because he does appear to have some talent. Perhaps if we had a more accurate QB to find him?? That strike in the game against the Pats was perfect for him. Perfect throw and a perfect route.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 09:41 PM
He doesn't suck. He runs good routes, catches the ball and gets yards after the catch.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

EyePod
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM

Wow... I'm really glad I don't pay for WPI. Totally quality info over there.

Count Zarth
01-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow... I'm really glad I don't pay for WPI. Totally quality info over there.

You're retarded.

EyePod
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
You're retarded.

You're just pissed. And no, I'm not retarded... although I am a Chiefs fan.... and watched every game this season... and I'm not paid for it or anything.... at least you got me there.

chiefsngop
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Total miss on Darling, no doubt about it.

But without the injury, I also believe Franklin was being groomed for a starting slot, was he not ???

Chief_in_Commander
01-20-2009, 11:06 AM

Kind of the description of every receiever once they reach the NFL I would hope, run a route, catch it and then run with it doesn't really prove his non-suckassiveness

EyePod
01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Kind of the description of every receiever once they reach the NFL I would hope, run a route, catch it and then run with it doesn't really prove his non-suckassiveness

Route running is actually a really important skill. That's why non speed receivers (Boldin/Fitz) are so great, because they can make a corner lose a step on them with tight turns and the like.

Chief_in_Commander
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Route running is actually a really important skill. That's why non speed receivers (Boldin/Fitz) are so great, because they can make a corner lose a step on them with tight turns and the like.

I didn't say it wasn't important, in general terms you better know how to run a route before you get into the NFL. Obviously it's what seperates good and great receievers but that's not what was said and I was commenting on.