PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I'm calling a 5-11 record.

Gravedigger
09-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I know today was a great win and something we really needed but ouch.... tough stretch coming up after the bye:

10/05/08 at Carolina Panthers 12:00 PM CBS
10/12/08 Bye
10/19/08 Tennessee Titans 12:00 PM CBS
10/26/08 at New York Jets 12:00 PM CBS
11/02/08 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12:00 PM FOX
11/09/08 at San Diego Chargers 3:15 PM CBS
11/16/08 New Orleans Saints 12:00 PM FOX*
11/23/08 Buffalo Bills 12:00 PM CBS*
11/30/08 at Oakland Raiders 3:15 PM CBS*
12/07/08 at Denver Broncos 3:05 PM CBS*
12/14/08 San Diego Chargers 12:00 PM CBS*
12/21/08 Miami Dolphins 12:00 PM CBS*
12/28/08 at Cincinnati Bengals 12:00 PM CBS*

I'd love to go out on a limb after this game but the one thing nobody knows is how Brodie is going to be when he comes back. There's too many questions to really get too excited about Brodie coming back and being better than Damon was today, especially when we face good defenses that can get after us. I'm as excited about today as anyone was and I would love to say we can be a 6 or 7 win team, but I just can't.
I think we can win four more games tops cause Buffalo, NO, and even TB are playing pretty well recently. I'm betting a 5-11 record with wins against Carolina, Oakland, Miami and Cincinnati. I don't know if Herm will be back next year but I'm pretty sure that Carl will be back cause next year is the last year on his contract. This should give us a top five pick if not 6 or 7, and then it's all up to Carl to go and get the playmaker QB we need from the draft and to get some more Oline help to replace McIntosh.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Gee, thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

Carl WON'T be back.

Herm WILL be back.

If the Chiefs go 5-11 with Huard while Croyle's holding a clipboard, I'm gonna go freakin' ballistic.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
We just beat a damn good football team.

WE CAN BEAT ANYONE. ANYONE, YOU HEAR ME?

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2008, 10:10 PM
We just beat a damn good football team.

WE CAN BEAT ANYONE. ANYONE, YOU HEAR ME?

Yeah, but we won't.

2-4 more wins will be the max.

And Croyle should start every single game he's healthy until he proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he can't be a starter.

Zouk
09-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Herm has been 100% clear that Croyle starts when healthy. There has been absolutely no ambiguity in his statements about that.

Gravedigger
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah Huard has one more game to manage then after the bye Croyle is the guy again. This just ticks me off that we had to go through the Thigpen Experiment when we might have been pretty close to winning or have won one of those last two games with Huard at the helm.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 10:18 PM
To me our next big challenge is proving we can run the ball against a competitive defense. Denver isn't a true test, and I don't know that Carolina is, either. Tennessee and the Jets will test us for sure.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2008, 10:18 PM
The Broncos just aren't that good. They've been extremely lucky. It was a great win, but let's not set ourselves up for disappointment later. Hopefully we'll get somewhere between 4-6 wins.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
To me our next big challenge is proving we can run the ball against a competitive defense. Denver isn't a true test, and I don't know that Carolina is, either. Tennessee and the Jets will test us for sure.

Jets? No way.

They're a marginal team at best and play differently from week to week. They'll be lucky if they're 8-8 this year.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Jets? No way.

They're a marginal team at best and play differently from week to week. They'll be lucky if they're 8-8 this year.

They have a good run defense. Whatshislardass was a good pickup for them on their d-line.

Zouk
09-28-2008, 10:30 PM

Carolina is a top 10 team with a top 10 D. Probably top 5 D. I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see them in the Super Bowl.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh god I hope not, that would be the worst then everyone would be back.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Carolina is a top 10 team with a top 10 D. Probably top 5 D. I really wouldn't be surprised at all to see them in the Super Bowl.

Teams have run on them this year. If our running game is for real, so will we.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Well that's a road game.....I heavily question this team on the road.

Ceej
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
And you heavily question them at home.

What's new? What does it matter?

I just hope we can continue to compete and improve.

Zouk
09-28-2008, 10:35 PM

Yes but with Gamble, Lucas, and Marshall at CB and Peppers rushing the passer they can play 8 in the box all game and know we can't beat it. I see a much tougher game than this week. Once again our best chance is to ugly it up and force them into turnovers to win a low scoring game.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Titans could be one of those games we could steal at home. They are good but they are the type of the team that could fit into our game plan of ugly football.

Mecca
And you heavily question them at home.

What's new? What does it matter?

I just hope we can continue to compete and improve.

Hey just sayin this schedule is tough now, they had a win today but no one should get any sort of great expectation.

Mecca
Titans could be one of those games we could steal at home. They are good but they are the type of the team that could fit into our game plan of ugly football.

How ugly do you wanna make it..Steve Smith might punch one of our guys in the face.

Ceej
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey just sayin this schedule is tough now, they had a win today but no one should get any sort of great expectation.

I certainly agree. As for me, I'm going to enjoy this victory until the last possible minute. Wins will be hard to come by this year.

Any great expectation from anyone other than KCJohnny is absurd.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Yes but with Gamble, Lucas, and Marshall at CB and Peppers rushing the passer they can play 8 in the box all game and know we can't beat it. I see a much tougher game than this week. Once again our best chance is to ugly it up and force them into turnovers to win a low scoring game.

Peppers has fallen off but he's probably still good enough to own Sackintosh.

tk13
09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Well that's a road game.....I heavily question this team on the road.
I don't know why, ever since Herm's taken over this team isn't the home/road schizophrenic team it was under DV. Not that we're road warriors or anything but there seems to be little difference anymore. We almost beat New England on the road, then get whipped by Oakland at home. Last year we beat San Diego on the road, played Indy tough, etc... then got whipped by Denver and San Diego at home. You're just being obtuse.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't know why, ever since Herm's taken over this team isn't the home/road schizophrenic team it was under DV. Not that we're road warriors or anything but there seems to be little difference anymore. We almost beat New England on the road, then get whipped by Oakland at home. Last year we beat San Diego on the road, played Indy tough, etc... then got whipped by Denver and Oakland at home. You're just being obtuse.

I think its bc Herm's style of pound the rock, play defense actually works on the road if its executed right. Its when it doesnt its when things get ugly real quick.

Mecca
I don't know why, ever since Herm's taken over this team isn't the home/road schizophrenic team it was under DV. Not that we're road warriors or anything but there seems to be little difference anymore. We almost beat New England on the road, then get whipped by Oakland at home. Last year we beat San Diego on the road, played Indy tough, etc... then got whipped by Denver and Oakland at home. You're just being obtuse.

Bad teams generally struggle really hard on the road, that's my thought of it, I wasn't going for the Chiefs are good at home bad on the road thing because well that kinda faded out when they became pretty bad at both for awhile.

If the Chiefs don't get in position to draft a QB their best hope is to do become what Buffalo is right now I'd say.

Zouk
Peppers has fallen off but he's probably still good enough to own Sackintosh.

He already has as many sacks as he had all last year. He's a mismatch with Herb Taylor too - don't kid yourself.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM
He already has as many sacks as he had all last year. He's a mismatch with Herb Taylor too - don't kid yourself.

Peppers is a mismatch with about anyone if he is healthy and motivated.

cdcox
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM

I usually think that you can make a game against a high flying offence competitive by making it ugly. Titans already win ugly, so going ugly against them is playing to their strength. And they are much better at it than we are. I don't see that as a win at all.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I think their offense is a good test for the Chiefs that's for sure, they have a competent QB with an elite level WR and 2 very good RB's with contrasting styles...

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I usually think that you can make a game against a high flying offence competitive by making it ugly. Titans already win ugly, so going ugly against them is playing to their strength. And they are much better at it than we are. I don't see that as a win at all.

The Titans will probably bitch smack us their defense is ridiculous.

tk13
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I think Tennessee is playing as well as anyone, that's a scary game.

Coach
09-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I think Tennessee is playing as well as anyone, that's a scary game.

I know it's Kerry Collins, but I think he's an improvement over Vincent Young anyways, IMHO.

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2008, 10:53 PM
We matched up pretty well with them last year even with the crap we trotted out their last year. I dont know, its just a feeling I got for one of those swing type games that we arent suppose to win but we do.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2008, 10:53 PM
I know it's Kerry Collins, but I think he's an improvement over Vincent Young anyways, IMHO.

Just as Damon Huard is an improvement over anyone on the Chiefs squad this year.

Mecca
09-28-2008, 10:55 PM
We matched up pretty well with them last year even with the crap we trotted out their last year. I dont know, its just a feeling I got for one of those swing type games that we arent suppose to win but we do.

Well Chris Johnson seems to be a huge upgrade from what they had at RB.

Coach
09-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Well Chris Johnson seems to be a huge upgrade from what they had at RB.

They have a nice "Lighting and Thunder" combo in Johnson and White.

Count Zarth
09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
And I have BOTH on my fantasy team. Tee hee.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
2-14 or 3-13, IMO. We only have one divisional home game left.

luv
09-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I love how we go from a possible 0-16 to a possible 5-11 in just one week.

TEX
09-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm sticking with my preseason prediction of 3-13. All this "W" did is make up for losing to Oakland.

MOhillbilly
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
i dont know about 5-11,seems abit lofty. i can see sneaking up on a few teams but four more wins with this team meh. maybe.
the d-line is gonna have to play better.