PDA

View Full Version : Steve Slaton is the new Brian Westbrook

CoMoChief
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
just saying......he saved my FFL team the other day :p

I advisve for ppl to pick him up.

Nzoner
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I drafted him in one of my money leagues and have yet to start him because I was giving Thomas Jones one more week.Say hello to the pine Mr jones.

SNR
10-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Took a late round flier on the guy and that's with still a lot of big names on the board. People thought I was crazy.

I'm loving it right now.

Reaper16
10-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Took a late round flier on the guy and that's with still a lot of big names on the board. People thought I was crazy.

I'm loving it right now.
Me too. Drafted that dude late.

Hell, I have Westbrook, too. Too bad I'm not in a PPL league.

Mecca
10-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Slaton is like my 5th RB he basically sits there and doesn't do anything.

Dartgod
10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
I might have a chance to trade Eddie Royal for Slaton. Should I do it?

I have some depth at WR with Fitzgerald, Burress, Roddy White, Derrick Mason and Tony Gonzalez (we have no TE position). My RBs suck with S. Jackson, Jones-Drew, L. White and S. Young.

Thig Lyfe
10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up... I'm probably (hopefully) going to pick him up off waivers now.

I have Adrian Peterson and Jerious Norwood, but after that I have zero depth (thanks for nothing, Laurence BALONEY).

Cave Johnson
10-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up... I'm probably (hopefully) going to pick him up off waivers now.

I have Adrian Peterson and Jerious Norwood, but after that I have zero depth (thanks for nothing, Laurence BALONEY).

He's still available in your league?

Thig Lyfe
10-01-2008, 08:48 PM
He's still available in your league?

Yeah. We're not too serious about it.

rtmike
10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
He's still available in my league. I have Turner & Westbrook starting with a bench full of back ups, Correll Buckhalter, Darren Sproles, Le'Ron McClain and only one bench rider in TE & WR.

Who would you guys' let go to pick up Slaton?

txhawk
10-03-2008, 08:19 PM
lose sproles, add slaton.

I drafted him in all three of my leagues, and am happy I did. I expect continued success.

Shaid
10-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I'd get rid of McClain before Sproles. McClain is sharing backup duties whereas Sproles has already showed his big play ability and is the only backup.

I have Slaton too. Love the guy.

rtmike
10-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Well I took txhawk's advice and dropped Sproles, he hasn't done anything since the second week.

I promptly benched Westbrook and started Slaton today and was kindly rewarded. I had to let go of Buckhalter today too to pickup a defense since the Titans have a bye next week. Surprised no one picked up Tampa so maybe I can trade them after the bye.

Barring injuries I should be set at RB for the year. Now if I could only get a decent WR.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Anyone think I should cut Lendale White for Ryan Torain of Denver? He is out till week 9 and im not doing hot at RB right now. Deep league even backups are gone...

I own Westbrook, Bush, Mcallister, Justin Fargas. and White of course...

QB's are Schaub, Garrard and Bulger
WR's are Chad and Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald and Braylon Edwards