PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gonzalez talks about the "Tony" chant.

Tribal Warfare
09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
http://pointers.audiovideoweb.com/stcasx/il80win10138/092908_TonyG_chiefs_spts_TF.wmv/play.asx

Tribal Warfare
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Translation about the end comment " Herm's an asshole"

Dave Lane
09-30-2008, 01:54 AM
And water is wet...

ChiefJustice
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Two yards....what a shame.

ChiefGator
09-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Two yards....what a shame.

And now, he'll never get the chance again...

Kerberos
09-30-2008, 06:19 AM
If I had to pick between a "WIN" and Tony getting his record at home against the Donks in a big game I think I would have to pick the WIN at this point.

If we had been 3-0 instead of 0-3 maybe things would be different. But with that being said we really needed a win.

I feel his pain and YES the Hermster could have picked a nice two yard pass play to get him his record at home but I also know why Herm did what he did. It should be painfully obvious to EVERYONE that his conservative ways kept him from doing any such thing. (pack in the win and record be damned) I blame Marty and CARL for that.

DAMMIT CARL :cuss:

InChiefsHell
09-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Bullshit. Shoulda got the ball to Tony, at least try it once. He's earned it more than anyone else. Now he gets the record in fuggin' Carolina...

Chiefnj2
09-30-2008, 08:29 AM
1st and 10 at the 43 with 2:03 to go, it should have been a pass to Tony since the clock is going to stop anyway at the 2 minute warning.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 08:33 AM
And now, he'll never get the chance again...
:thumb:

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Translation about the end comment " Herm's an asshole"
QFT

BigRedChief
09-30-2008, 08:35 AM
1st and 10 at the 43 with 2:03 to go, it should have been a pass to Tony since the clock is going to stop anyway at the 2 minute warning.
No chit theres your oppertunity right there. Its not a dangerous pass. It's a little 2 yard pass to the best hands on the team.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Well Herm didnt want anyone to steal the spot light from him, considering the players finally got a win despite Herms best efforts for hermanize the ****ing game... So therefore no need to get Tony the record and steal his thunder during the press conferences...

Iowanian
09-30-2008, 08:46 AM
They could have taken a chance at a safe hook or out....have Huard go down if he couldn't make it, or run for a yard.

Tony also could have not dropped a ball earlier in the game....or gotten an extra 2 yards with one of the other catches.

I'm sorry it didn't happen for him at home, during a win vs the donks....but he'll get his.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
They could have taken a chance at a safe hook or out....have Huard go down if he couldn't make it, or run for a yard.
What? Have Huard Fetal on purpose? ROFL

Iowanian
09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Huard is well versed in flopping into the fetal position.

chasedude
09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Huard is well versed in flopping into the fetal position.

Someone on here mentioned the armadillo in this Capital One commercial reminded him of Huard. I laugh now everytime I see it ROFL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mcnc0RQ8X2o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mcnc0RQ8X2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chief Faithful
09-30-2008, 09:31 AM
It is the same thing Herm did to Bowe last year when he fell 5 yards short of 1000 as a rookie. One thing I appreciated about DV is if his player was close to a special mark he encouraged the OC to help the player reach the mark.

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Someone on here mentioned the armadillo in this Capital One commercial reminded him of Huard. I laugh now everytime I see it ROFL

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mcnc0RQ8X2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>
Holy Batman dude! That is so Huard, the facial expression and everything!

BigFetal has returned!

Reerun_KC
09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
It is the same thing Herm did to Bowe last year when he fell 5 yards short of 1000 as a rookie. One thing I appreciated about DV is if his player was close to a special mark he encouraged the OC to help the player reach the mark.
Herm is bigger than personal accomplishments...

StcChief
09-30-2008, 11:04 AM
1st and 10 at the 43 with 2:03 to go, it should have been a pass to Tony since the clock is going to stop anyway at the 2 minute warning.?Yeah...but Team first... You play to win the game /herm

Micjones
09-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Winning football games was of the utmost importance 2 weeks ago when Tyler Thigpen started in Atlanta wasn't it? That's about the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard.

Herman Edwards should've gotten Tony the record at Arrowhead Stadium.
If I'm not mistaken that's the last major NFL record Gonzalez can break at his position.
To do that...at Arrowhead in front of 70,000 Chiefs fans...against a division rival...the team the current record holder used to play for is MONUMENTAL. Throw a TE Screen and be done with it.

Just plain dumb.

Tony Gonzalez has given his heart and soul to this franchise.
He doesn't have a playoff or Superbowl win to show for it.
The least you could do is get him a 2-yard reception.

Player's coach my ass.

InChiefsHell
09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, I'll pile on a little...

...Huard should have audibled to a play for TG...what are they gonna do, FIRE HIM??? He'd have been a damn hero...

Micjones
09-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Well, I'll pile on a little...

...Huard should have audibled to a play for TG...what are they gonna do, FIRE HIM??? He'd have been a damn hero...

I could see him being benched behind such a decision though.

Chiefnj2
09-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I could see him being benched behind such a decision though.

He's been benched for worse - the option.

Fish
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I can see both sides of it.

On one side, you have a team that hadn't won in 11 games. Which leaves a very frustrated team playing for a stadium full of very frustrated fans. We were winning a game nobody expected us to win, against a hated division rival. That win was paramount in allowing this team to take a step forward. Could you just imagine the outcry and disgust if we had ended up blowing that game after being ahead? Arrowhead would have been set on fire if we blew that. Can you imagine how frustrated the players would have been if we would have blown that after they played so hard all day?

On the other side, it's Tony. He's poured his heart and soul into this franchise. It was the absolute perfect scenario for him. His family was there, the little celebration party was prepared, everything had fallen into place.

But honestly, I'd have to side with Herm here(yes, give me hell). "You play to win the game." You don't play for records and awards. That's dessert. That's for bragging afterwards. With all due respect to Tony, the win was much more important to the team and the community than his personal record. I totally understand his competitiveness and his passion, and I don't blame him a bit for being upset. But still, we needed that win more than he needed the recognition at home. His record will come. It will come soon. We know that. Can you say for certain when the next Chiefs win will come?

Micjones
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
But honestly, I'd have to side with Herm here(yes, give me hell). "You play to win the game." You don't play for records and awards. That's dessert. That's for bragging afterwards. With all due respect to Tony, the win was much more important to the team and the community than his personal record. I totally understand his competitiveness and his passion, and I don't blame him a bit for being upset. But still, we needed that win more than he needed the recognition at home. His record will come. It will come soon. We know that. Can you say for certain when the next Chiefs win will come?

Was Herman Edwards playing to win the game when Tyler Thigpen was under Center in Atlanta?

Fish
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Was Herman Edwards playing to win the game when Tyler Thigpen was under Center in Atlanta?

Of course he was. I agree with giving Thigpen a chance. He deserved it, and it confirmed that Thiggy didn't have it. We gave him a chance, he failed, and we moved on quickly.

Besides, Huard was injured remember?

Now if Herm would have booted Thigpen back onto the field last week against Denver knowing that he wasn't a legit QB and we had a healthy Huard, then you might have an argument.

Micjones
09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Of course he was. I agree with giving Thigpen a chance. He deserved it, and it confirmed that Thiggy didn't have it. We gave him a chance, he failed, and we moved on quickly.

Now if Herm would have booted Thigpen back onto the field last week against Denver knowing that he wasn't a legit QB and we had a healthy Huard, then you might have an argument.

Did Tyler Thigpen not play in the Raider game?
Was his inability to perform at an NFL level not apparent then?

Was it apparent after the first 5 drives that ended in three downs in Atlanta?

And for the thousandth time... Damon Huard was NOT injured.

Bowser
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
We weren't going to lose the game in the last two minutes. Throw Tony a five yard slant.

kstater
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I think Clark should re-name the team to the Kansas City Tony's, to recognize all his achievments.

Bowser
09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I think Clark should re-name the team to the Kansas City Tony's, to recognize all his achievments.

Tony Romo! would sue.

FAX
09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
I think the Midwest Gonzos has a nice ring to it.

FAX

JASONSAUTO
09-30-2008, 06:16 PM
That alone should have been enough for TG on sunday, the win and the chant should have overshadowed not getting the record.

Bowser
09-30-2008, 06:18 PM

FAX

Allmighty Gonzos, ftw

88TG88
09-30-2008, 06:30 PM

FAX

print em

FAX
09-30-2008, 06:41 PM

You are a poster extraordinaire, Mr. KC Fish. The epitome of class and solid judgement. But how, exactly, did Thiggy "deserve" to start? So far as I know, all he's done so far is fetch Herm some donuts and screw a skeleton.

As for Downfield's injury. I'm not so sure about that. That entire episode is shrouded in mystery and is nothing less than an enigma for the ages like one of those obscure riddles that both perplexes the mind and douses the jewel bag with gobs of IcyHot. My personal feeling is that Downfield took himself out of the Raider game.

FAX

Micjones
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
We weren't going to lose the game in the last two minutes. Throw Tony a five yard slant.

Hell they could've thrown a TE Screen (he probably could've fallen forward for that two yards). The odds of that kind of play being picked off are slim.

Micjones
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
You are a poster extraordinaire, Mr. KC Fish. The epitome of class and solid judgement. But how, exactly, did Thiggy "deserve" to start?

Glad you caught that. I didn't realize he'd said something so ridiculous.
Perhaps I saw it and subconsciously skipped past it to spare me an unfavorable physiological reaction to it? Self-preservation maybe?
:D

Fish
09-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry, I don't really buy into the Huard injury conspiracy theory. He said himself that he was hurt. He said it was the doc's call. They chose to keep him out of the game. Unless you talked to Huard and have other information, then I'm gonna trust the word's out of Huard's mouth.

I ended up hurting my neck,

Thigpen deserved a chance to start. He was the next QB in line. That's the way it works. You can spin your conspiracy theory however you want, but the fact remains Huard said he hurt his neck, and Thigpen got his chance to start. He failed, and we went back with Huard once he was healthy enough. I'm not sure why you're trying to make this difficult.