PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony G wants to be traded?

T-post Tom
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, that's Kevin Keitzman's story and he's sticking to it. He claims to have a source that is close to Tony G. He said that Gonzo went straight to Carl P. and asked to be traded this off-season. As the story goes, TG didn't want to be part of a rebuild. Per KK, CP said that he couldn't do it because Kansas City would lynch him.

And KK is all over this latest story on the 3 yards vs. Denver. He's trying to make TG look like an ass. KK has been deriding TG for years. I remember KK making fun of TG years ago because TG mentioned that he liked to read. He tried to make TG out as some sort of mental midget. Very sad. Why do so many of these media types feel the need to attack athletes on a personal level? Jealousy? :shake:

CoMoChief
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I stopped at KK.

What a ****in moron.

TonyG should pull a Jim Everett/Jim Rome on his ass.

KurtCobain
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Tony's taking this 'getting old' and 'being on a losing team' thing a little hard. I think we should trade him to a contender. I want a second rounder though.

DaneMcCloud
From SI:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/30/coaches/1.html

• Poor Tony Gonzalez. He finished three yards shy of getting to set the career tight end receiving record on Sunday in front of the home crowd at Arrowhead, then expressed disappointment in Kansas City's coaches for not calling for a short pass to him in the final minutes.

Silly us for thinking the Chiefs getting their first victory since Week 7 of last season should have been the only objective that mattered against the unbeaten Broncos.

Demonpenz
Tony is a whale of a ball player. His comments about the 3 yards shouldn't be that surprising because it is obvious he has a large ego. Also this is an athlete at the highest level, of course he is going to want the ball. I wish he would have kept his mouth shut, but I can understand where he is coming from. He runs route after route, getting mugged, playing with below average qb's and he still manages to produce. I am surprise he hasn't gone off before. I don't know if this latest story is true, but fans would hardly lynch him. We have seen him drag busters year after 8-8 year with no playoff victory's. I don't think it is right for him to get paid large dollars then expect to be traded though. that is the story as I know it. He could have played for less somewhere else. We locked him up. He looks great for staying with one team. Everyone wins.

KC Tattoo
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Question I have is. Didn't Tony Ganzalez know that this team was going to rebuild before he signed a new contract with Carl Peterson? Would perhaps Carl Peterson have lied something something sweet promises in TG ear?

suds79
09-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Woah. You mean KK isn't talking about one of the following?

1 - Golf. :ZZZ:
2 - NASCAR with the Racin Boys.
3 - Grilling with whoever that one guy is.
4 - Royals (which is the same story every year)

I'm shocked.

Made the move to 610.

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Its called sports talk shock radio.

LOCOChief
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Tony's taking this 'getting old' and 'being on a losing team' thing a little hard. I think we should trade him to a contender. I want a second rounder though.

You want a second rounder huh? what do you think you'd go after with that 2nd round pic. Try to remember when you make your decision that you paid with our HOF TE thats as good as any in the game today.

Mr. Laz
09-30-2008, 04:18 PM
would anyone really be surprised that current Chiefs veterans would want to be traded instead of rebuilding?

any player that isn't gonna play long enough to be around for the end result probably wanted out.

just people would don't like kietzman wanting to whine

KurtCobain
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
You want a second rounder huh? what do you think you'd go after with that 2nd round pic. Try to remember when you make your decision that you paid with our HOF TE thats as good as any in the game today.

Yeah, I know. I love Tony, and I want to win a superbowl with him as an iconic centerpiece, possibly the SB MVP. But it's not gonna happen. He has 4 years left with a good team. But if he stays with us he's gonna retire if we go 4-12 in 2008 and 2009. Which is gonna happen. Then we finnally can Herm and Carl, but then can a new regime get Tony a SB in 2 years? Doubt it. We might as well get something and get him something now.

Micjones
09-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I've seen coaches make concessions for players who weren't even physically capable of breaking a record. Don't tell me there's something selfish about Tony Gonzalez, a future Hall of Famer, and arguably the best Kansas City Chief over the last 10 years wanting a 2-yard reception. Breaking that record in front of your home crowd is monumental.

Certainly the record will still fall, but it won't have the same value in Carolina.
Those fans won't appreciate such a feat.

BIG_DADDY
09-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I can't blame anyone for wanting out of KC with Herm and Carl there.

LOCOChief
09-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I know. I love Tony, and I want to win a superbowl with him as an iconic centerpiece, possibly the SB MVP. But it's not gonna happen. He has 4 years left with a good team. But if he stays with us he's gonna retire if we go 4-12 in 2008 and 2009. Which is gonna happen. Then we finnally can Herm and Carl, but then can a new regime get Tony a SB in 2 years? Doubt it. We might as well get something and get him something now.

You already gave up on 09?? In four years this will be a much improved team, and he could have that opportunity here, and your second rounder might be a solid player by then, but an HOF I think not.

SPATCH
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM
isn't rebuilding just neat?

Bowser
09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Keitzman has had a beef with Gonzalez ever since Gonzo refused to come on Keitzman's show down at the Super Bowl years ago. He's been on the bash Tony bandwagon ever since.

FAX
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
That KK guy is horrible. A dead brain talking. As for TG wanting out, who can blame him? He's a first class player working for a baggage handler coach who didn't respect him enough to feed him the ball for three miniscule yards last Sunday.

I'm sure that he's spoken with Carl regarding the possibility of a trade, but come on ... it's highly doubtful that KK person would know the specifics of the conversation before WPI.

FAX

Pestilence
09-30-2008, 05:00 PM

What do we go after with that 2nd round pick? How about a building block that will contribute to this team for the next 5-6 years. MLB? OG?

Valiant
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
I've seen coaches make concessions for players who weren't even physically capable of breaking a record. Don't tell me there's something selfish about Tony Gonzalez, a future Hall of Famer, and arguably the best Kansas City Chief over the last 10 years wanting a 2-yard reception. Breaking that record in front of your home crowd is monumental.

Certainly the record will still fall, but it won't have the same value in Carolina.

God, I hate agreeing with MicRacist but he is correct.. TonyG did or said nothing wrong.. I highly doubt Carolina is going to set something up for the Chiefs if/when he does break the record there..

3-5 yard curl is all they had to call..

Chief Henry
09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't blame anyone for wanting out of KC with Herm and Carl there.

ditto

I don't blame TG for being pissed at the Chiefs brass at all.

Damon Huard should have fired a short pass to TG to get he record in KC vs
an ARCH rival in Denver , whom the man's record he would have broke played for. I put blame on Huard too for not taking this on himself too.
It would have been an instant ESPN classic inside Arrowhead...

To me its NOT too much to have thrown another pass to TG for the record inside of arrowhead. TG deserves much - much more imo.

Zouk
09-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I heard Keitzman on the radio today. What he said was that he had a source that told him that when the Chiefs were letting a lot of veterans go this offseason, Tony was upset and asked Carl to let him go too. This should not be shocking as Tony has said publicly that he was pissed when he first heard about the youth movement. But that after going through training camp and with a hell of a sales job from Herm,Tony is now on board and is not upset he's a Chief.

Nothing new really.

JASONSAUTO
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
ditto

I don't blame TG for being pissed at the Chiefs brass at all.

Damon Huard should have fired a short pass to TG to get he record in KC vs
an ARCH rival in Denver , whom the man's record he would have broke played for. I put blame on Huard too for not taking this on himself too.
It would have been an instant ESPN classic inside Arrowhead...

To me its NOT too much to have thrown another pass to TG for the record inside of arrowhead. TG deserves much - much more imo.

What when Huard throws a pick 6 to tie? or denver goes for 2 for the win? because that is a distinct possibility. remember a couple of weeks ago piggy threw a 3 yard pass that ended up as a pick 6? happens a lot and costs teams games. WIN THE GAME WHEN YOU'RE THERE lets not get cute here, we dont have that luxury

ChiefsFanatic
09-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, that's Kevin Keitzman's story and he's sticking to it. He claims to have a source that is close to Tony G. He said that Gonzo went straight to Carl P. and asked to be traded this off-season. As the story goes, TG didn't want to be part of a rebuild. Per KK, CP said that he couldn't do it because Kansas City would lynch him.

And KK is all over this latest story on the 3 yards vs. Denver. He's trying to make TG look like an ass. KK has been deriding TG for years. I remember KK making fun of TG years ago because TG mentioned that he liked to read. He tried to make TG out as some sort of mental midget. Very sad. Why do so many of these media types feel the need to attack athletes on a personal level? Jealousy? :shake:

I wanted to choke KK when he said it was ridiculous, and that TG was selfish. If anyone on this team is the opposite of selfish, it is TG.

KcMizzou
09-30-2008, 05:36 PM
I wanted to choke KK when he said it was ridiculous, and that TG was selfish. If anyone on this team is the opposite of selfish, it is TG.He and Clinkscale ended the show with a rant about how this just shows how terrible the Chiefs are... that Kansas City's turned into a town full of fair weather fans who'd rather see an individual accomplishment than see the team win.

triple
09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I remember that Brett Favre took a dive for Michael Strahan to get the sacks record

When George Brett came up for his last at-bat, Ivan Rodriguez let him know that they were bringing him nothing but fastballs.

I know that the Broncos probably would not make such a concession, but would it have hurt to try to work something out?

Or, not even on the last posession, what about the one before where we got a field goal - it's third and 4 at the 15 yard line or so. We run Johnson up the middle. Why not try to throw a pass there?

I know Herm doesn't want the ball in the air unless it's 3rd and 10 but sheesh

Guru
09-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I stopped at KK.

What a ****in moron.

TonyG should pull a Jim Everett/Jim Rome on his ass.
I would love to say ANY Chiefs player go all Everett on his ass.

Micjones
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
God, I hate agreeing with MicRacist but he is correct.. TonyG did or said nothing wrong.. I highly doubt Carolina is going to set something up for the Chiefs if/when he does break the record there..

Sir please don't play around with that word.
I've ****ed too many White women to ever be called a racist.
:)

And if somehow my loving heart can't be found blameless to such an incendiary charge...
Please remember...
My dick is a humanitarian.

FAX
09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I heard Keitzman on the radio today. What he said was that he had a source that told him that when the Chiefs were letting a lot of veterans go this offseason, Tony was upset and asked Carl to let him go too. This should not be shocking as Tony has said publicly that he was pissed when he first heard about the youth movement. But that after going through training camp and with a hell of a sales job from Herm,Tony is now on board and is not upset he's a Chief.

Nothing new really.

Is this really true, Mr. Zouk? Or, is this one of those "I love Herm, so I'll make up some stuff that portrays him in a positive light." posts?

I hope it's true.

FAX

Zouk
09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Is this really true, Mr. Zouk? Or, is this one of those "I love Herm, so I'll make up some stuff that portrays him in a positive light." posts?

I hope it's true.

FAX

You're the one making stuff up - posting stuff about Tony forcing a conflict with Herm to get a trade when in reality he explicitly said yesterday that he had huge respect for Herm and "there is no controversy".

I've never made anything up on this board. And I don't appreciate being called a liar.

FAX
09-30-2008, 06:06 PM
You're the one making stuff up - posting stuff about Tony forcing a conflict with Herm to get a trade when in reality he explicitly said yesterday that he had huge respect for Herm and "there is no controversy".

I've never made anything up on this board. And I don't appreciate being called a liar.

Simmah!!! Simmah down nah!!!

No one has called you a liar, Mr. Zouk. I merely inquired if you were confident that the content of your post was 100% factual. Peeps have been known to color their responses in a way that favors their points of view, you know.

Besides, it's important to remember that Planeteers often joke around with one another. Except for a few exceptional exceptions, of course. I trust you aren't one of those?

FAX THE FUN LOVING FAN

FAX
09-30-2008, 06:12 PM

By the way, if you review my post, you will see that I was doing what peeps call, Speculatin'. That's where you throw out a hypothetical possibility that is a theoretical conjecture that may or may not happen depending on a likelihood that might or might not occur given certain potentialities and an array of alternative supposed probabilities.

FAX

Zouk
09-30-2008, 06:18 PM
By the way, if you review my post, you will see that I was doing what peeps call, Speculatin'. That's where you throw out a hypothetical possibility that is a theoretical conjecture that may or may not happen depending on a likelihood that might or might not occur given certain potentialities and an array of alternative supposed probabilities.

FAX

You might call it speculation, but you posted a guess about what Tony thinks in a thread where the original post had Tony directly quoted as saying that he thinks the opposite. Maybe you need to believe that people are lying in order to make your warped perceptions of the Chiefs make sense.

Fairplay
09-30-2008, 06:21 PM
TG deserves much - much more imo.

Hey man, i like TG as much as any true Chiefs fan does. Why he chose to re-sign with the Chiefs was beyond me. He knew the management and the coaches at the time.

Myself i would have said enough's enuff and moved on to a better organization run from top to bottom. IMO.

Oh well, he should go into the Hall of Fame as a Chief (presumably). I guess thats some respect for us all.

smittysbar
09-30-2008, 06:36 PM

Overreact much? Geez

MahiMike
09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
They shoulda done it just because it was against the Doncos - and Shannon Sharpe's old team. I agree w/him.

DeezNutz
09-30-2008, 07:04 PM

ROFL

Little Bigfoot
09-30-2008, 07:06 PM
They shoulda done it just because it was against the Doncos - and Shannon Sharpe's old team. I agree w/him.

Yeah, this sounds about right. TG's not a whiner. Anyone who thinks that should go to a game. This guy lays it on the line , down after down and has been very patient with the playcalling and "player development". If he wants to go , then get a 2nd for him and move on. But if any player deserves fan loyalty its Tony G.

smittysbar
09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Herm said he talked to Tony about it and that he told Tony that some day when he is getting put in the HOF, that he wold look back at this and laugh.

Like Herm would know

FAX
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
You might call it speculation, but you posted a guess about what Tony thinks in a thread where the original post had Tony directly quoted as saying that he thinks the opposite. Maybe you need to believe that people are lying in order to make your warped perceptions of the Chiefs make sense.

I'm sure that a poster of your clearly superior intelligence and vast world experience is already well aware of this, Mr. Zouk. But, on the odd chance that you are, for some reason, unaware of the fact, it is commonly known that, on occasion, people will say one thing in public and another in private. If you have a female companion, you might ask her about this. I'm sure she would agree. Then again, perhaps not. Instead, she might interpret the question as a sign of an ineradicable insecurity and deep-rooted, interpersonal anxiety and conclude that, over time, this inherent and troubling personality trait will devolve into jealousy and a compulsive possessiveness which will, in turn, lead to an uncontrollable, compelling desire to engage in sex with rare animals while wearing tear-away gaucho outfits and listening to Zamfir albums. Could happen, I guess.

FAX

T-post Tom
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM

Nothing new really.

That's not what I heard. KK made it out to be a BIG deal and used it to shed a very negative light on TG. KK's rant made TG out to be a "diva". KK never made any attempt to portray it as something that is resolved now. I'm not disagreeing with you on TG's current frame of mind. I'm just saying that KK went out of his way to paint a very negative portrayl of TG and never said that TG is now happy to be a Chief. So while it may not be "new" to someone in the know, there's bound to be a lot or radio listeners (thanks to KK's rant) thinking that TG is a whiny diva who doesn't want to play for the Chiefs.

On the other end of the spectrum, Petro did a great job of putting the whole affair into perspective. To paraphrase:

TG is wrong to complain BUT... TG is arguably one of the best Chiefs players EVER and currently is the BEST TE ever. He's been great for the Chiefs. He's a warrior that has player hurt and only missed one game. He's worked harder than most to improve every aspect of his game. He's been great on and off the field and deserves a mulligan on this.

boogblaster
09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
I declare bull-shit ..

Phobia
09-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Yeah, because the Denver defense couldn't have possibly known TG needed 3 yards to break the record. As a DB type, I'd be salivating awaiting a pass to TG under those circumstances.

Phobia
09-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Honestly though, Herm should compromise with Tony. He should throw him a few negative gainers so he can maintain his catch per game record and then get him the yardage record at a home game.

You know, because all those Priest Holmes records were so awesome for all the fans. In fact, I just love my Priest Holmes SuperBowl TD per season record. Love it. It defines my fandom as a Chiefs fan. Who cares about winning a playoff game when you can hang your hat on a few individual records?

Pushead2
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I ****ing hate the Chiefs....

blueballs
10-01-2008, 02:36 AM
You would think Tony G would love to bust it in October
the honeymoon must be over
time for Clayton to make his move

Baby Lee
10-01-2008, 04:02 AM

The f@ck??

It's as selfish as the dude in AIG's Poughkeepsie branch sulking because nobody brought a cake for his birthday last Monday.

ChiefGator
10-01-2008, 05:46 AM
I can't possibly understand why Tony would want out. We are rebuilding this year... ergo... we will be in the Super Bowl in two years.

Seriously, Tony has been totally open about this all season, saying he was originally rocked by it, and wasn't happy with the rebuild.

I haven't seen the video of Tony talking, but something makes me think this whole thing is really getting blown out of proportion.

petegz28
10-01-2008, 06:28 AM
KK i s a dumbass. I can't stand him. He is such suiemy little bitch. I remember last year his rants about KU vs Mu......he all but gave the game and the crowd for that matter, to KU, the whole week before the game. We all sw how that came out.

PhillyChiefFan
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
I don't believe it. I can make up sh*t about players too.

Did you hear that Dwayne Bowe clubs baby seals in the offseason?

See.

Besides that it's no secret that he wanted out this offseason.

Rausch
10-01-2008, 07:19 AM

LMAO

Duck Dog
10-01-2008, 07:20 AM
While I don't believe the story, I do understand why he would want to be traded. The greatest TE to play the game was unlucky enough to play for one of the worst franchises in recent history.

topher79
10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
If he just would have caught the ball that bounced of his hands on 3rd and 8 at 6:12 2Q the record would be his.

Duck Dog
10-01-2008, 07:23 AM

Yeah, cuz ugly, fat white women need lovin' too.

chasedude
10-01-2008, 08:03 AM

And if somehow my loving heart can't be found blameless to such an incendiary charge...
Please remember...
My dick is a humanitarian.

Equal Opportunity Penis LMAO

Redrum_69
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
KK and Nick Athan play tee-ball in claythans shorts

bobbything
10-01-2008, 09:31 AM
:shrug: I tend to agree with Kietzman. I like Gonzalez and all but whining to the media about it is dumb. Sure, maybe we could have thrown him a stupid little pass so he could have gotten the record at Arrowhead in front of a half-full stadium. But, really, I don't care enough. Obviously Tony does, but I don't.

Fish
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Team first. Tony's personal records second.

Tony had every right to be selfish and want that record at home. I don't blame him a bit for feeling that way. I would too. But, Herm is correct. Team first. Win the game first.

DT58HOF
10-01-2008, 11:07 AM

i wish we could get a second, but he's not worth that at this point, he has maybe 1-2 years left
Yea he is one of the best ever but not worth a second imho

Micjones
10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
The f@ck??

It's as selfish as the dude in AIG's Poughkeepsie branch sulking because nobody brought a cake for his birthday last Monday.

Wanting to share that moment with the home crowd at Arrowhead is selfish?
After all he's given a franchise that's been mired in mediocrity since he was drafted?

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2008, 11:46 AM
isn't rebuilding just neat?

It sure beats the ****ing hell out of signing washed up veterans every year in an effort to go 9-7 and "make the tournament".

That.

Micjones
10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, cuz ugly, fat white women need lovin' too.

Now I'm being accused of wrecking someone's home too?

Sir... I would never sleep with your wife!