PDA

View Full Version : Football Is Kolby Smith of any value in a trade?

pr_capone
10-02-2008, 12:47 AM
<--- under the influence

Yeah... we are deep at RB.

I personally see Kolby's future in KC being shaky. He is a good #2 but Jamaal Charles seems like he may be the real deal... Savage and Battle seemed to hold their own in the pre-season.

Might Smith be of value to a team hurting at RB like the Steelers?

If so... what?

SBK
10-02-2008, 12:49 AM
He holds more value to us than he does to anyone else at this point.

QuikSsurfer
10-02-2008, 12:49 AM
zero trade value.

RustShack
10-02-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't think he has much trade value at all...

Sure-Oz
10-02-2008, 01:04 AM
No value, he subbed well last season but would 2 more seasons to be worth a damn

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2008, 01:23 AM
This is ****ing DUMB

Direckshun
10-02-2008, 01:25 AM
This is pretty dumb.

If we're trading a RB right now, it's LJ. Kolby Smith has done nothing to warrant being traded except showing us loads of potential and want-to every time he touches the ball.

If I were to value him right now, I'd put him at a 5th or a 6th.

pr_capone
10-02-2008, 03:01 AM
This is ****ing DUMB

This is pretty dumb.

Some of the all knowing members of the Planet have spouted off about how in the NFL the RB position is nearly plug & play. Hell... it worked for the Broncos for a long while, right?

Just saying... if there were any move to be made that could be a positive for KC without giving too much would be moving Smith. Charles moves into the #2 spot which a 3rd rounder should be able to handle and has shown he can. Savage and Battle are right behind him.

I'm only seeing a positive here.

suds79
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
That would be a bad, bad move.

Yes LJ is running good right now but you've got to look at the big picture. What about 2-3 years from now?

LJ will be old. So is Charles your starting back? If so, fine. But he's the type of guy that will have to split carries.... Enter Kolby Smith who's quick and runs hard.

Skip Towne
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
How old is Kolby?

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Some of the all knowing members of the Planet have spouted off about how in the NFL the RB position is nearly plug & play. Hell... it worked for the Broncos for a long while, right?

Just saying... if there were any move to be made that could be a positive for KC without giving too much would be moving Smith. Charles moves into the #2 spot which a 3rd rounder should be able to handle and has shown he can. Savage and Battle are right behind him.

I'm only seeing a positive here.

Ok then, if the position is just plug & play, why the heck would anyone give us anything of value for him.

KcMizzou
10-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Stop posting till you sober up.

FAX
10-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Frankly, I think the Chiefs would (and should) entertain an offer on any one of our fabulous RBs (we're deep at RB, anyway). Did we get anything for Blaylock? Or, did we just release him? FA? I can't remember.

FAX

triple
10-02-2008, 08:22 AM
we should deal him for mcnabb

TrebMaxx
10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
If another team offered a 2nd or 3rd the FO would show their usual dumbassery if they turned it down. I don't think there is any team out there that would give us that offer.

Other than that I think he needs to stay right where he is. You never know when the injury bug may strike and we might just need him to play a bigger role.

Demonpenz
10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
running backs in the nfl are like side gunners in a huey in vietnam. They will get shot up and dumped fast. So backups are needed

Short Leash Hootie
10-02-2008, 09:21 AM
this is a lot more logical than the LJ trade threads...why is everyone getting on this guy's back?

If someone sees something out of Kolby and offers a 3rd, why not take it?

Shit we got two picks out of Michael friggin' Bennett!

vailpass
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
You should be able to get Dante Culpepper for him in a straight up deal.

Short Leash Hootie
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
You should be able to get Dante Culpepper for him in a straight up deal.

well in all fairness I'd take Kolby Smith over anyone in Denver

ceebz
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I think it would be foolish to trade Kolby. He reminds me a lot of Priest. He just runs a little harder.

You can never have enough good RB's in today's NFL.

vailpass
10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
well in all fairness I'd take Kolby Smith over anyone in Denver

Oh I can see your point. Who is there on the Broncos that can even come close to Kolby Smith (whoever that is)?

Short Leash Hootie
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh I can see your point. Who is there on the Broncos that can even come close to Kolby Smith (whoever that is)?

I don't understand the question.

SNR
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh I can see your point. Who is there on the Broncos that can even come close to Kolby Smith (whoever that is)?Not Selvin Young, that's for sure. Guy looked like dogshit last game.

Pittman should be your starting back with Andre Hall mixing it up on 3rd down.

vailpass
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Not Selvin Young, that's for sure. Guy looked like dogshit last game.

Pittman should be your starting back with Andre Hall mixing it up on 3rd down.

Dude every Bronco looked like dogshit last game.
Yep, there is no star RB on Denver right now. You have it backwards though, Hall is a starter and Pittman is a 3rd/goaline back. I'm reading though that they may be expanding Pittman's role.

Denver's best RB is a rookie, Ryan Torrain. He is sitting on the bench with a dislocated elbow.

gblowfish
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd wait till later in the season, when a team in thin at running back (like we were last year) and if we're still stoked, trade him then. Might get a 3rd for him.

FAX
10-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Frankly, I think the Chiefs would (and should) entertain an offer on any one of our fabulous RBs (we're deep at RB, anyway). Did we get anything for Blaylock? Or, did we just release him? FA? I can't remember.

FAX

I've searched the world over and never found true love ... or the answer to this question. What was the deal with Blaylock? Anybody?

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd wait till later in the season, when a team in thin at running back (like we were last year) and if we're still stoked, trade him then. Might get a 3rd for him.

The trade deadline is October 14.

NO ONE is going to give a 3rd round pick for Smith.

NO ONE.

This is NOT fantasy ****ing football.

JFC.

Brock
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM

Nobody, really.

Thig Lyfe
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Two firsts and a second.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-02-2008, 12:39 PM

NO ONE.

JFC.

Well they can pull these deals off in Madden, so why can't the Chiefs??

BigCatDaddy
10-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Why trade him when you can wait until he is 28 years old and then make him the highest paid player on the team?

Short Leash Hootie
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM

NO ONE.

JFC.

Relax dude. If Carl ever gets fired or resigned, you'll have your chance to apply for the GM position.

Until then, STFU you're not above the rest of us asshole.

triple
10-02-2008, 02:26 PM

NO ONE.

JFC.

no way do i give up kolby smith for less than mcnabb

if they want larry johnson, well, they can just give us two first round picks then.

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Relax dude. If Carl ever gets fired or resigned, you'll have your chance to apply for the GM position.

Until then, STFU you're not above the rest of us asshole.

I'm certainly above you

:D

pr_capone
10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Man.... for a bunch of men, you all like to bitch more than most of the women I know.

Shit.... at least I'm starting threads are about football and not about how I had to get my new a/c unit onto the top of my million dollar home in Cali or telling people I could buy and sell their ass with no problems. lol

Charles can handle the #2 job. Trade Kolby and plug in Savage or Battle as #3. Might as well use this depth so that our 3rd round pick does not stay buried 3rd in the depth chart and pick up another pick in the process.

And yeah... I think the Steelers might give us up to a 4th.

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Man.... for a bunch of men, you all like to bitch more than most of the women I know.

Shit.... at least I'm starting threads are about football and not about how I had to get my new a/c unit onto the top of my million dollar home in Cali or telling people I could buy and sell their ass with no problems. lol

A little inferiority complex there, PRC?

Charles can handle the #2 job. Trade Kolby and plug in Savage or Battle as #3. Might as well use this depth so that our 3rd round pick does not stay buried 3rd in the depth chart and pick up another pick in the process.

Once again, this isn't Fantasy Football. The Chiefs lost LJ for the season last year and at one point due to injuries, had to start Jackie Battle and Gilbert Harris.

There is absolutely NO reason to trade Kolby Smith. It would leave the Chiefs with one less running back that they'd just have to turn around and draft in 2009.

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

And yeah, I think you're an idiot.

Mr. Laz
10-02-2008, 03:28 PM
not much ... maybe a 6th

larry johnson on the other hand :fire:

pr_capone
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
A little inferiority complex there, PRC?

Not at all because I am certainly not inferior to anyone... least of all you.

Once again, this isn't Fantasy Football. The Chiefs lost LJ for the season last year and at one point due to injuries, had to start Jackie Battle and Gilbert Harris.

I'm not talking like this is fantasy football. We have depth and they have need. Yeah... last year we got hurt. Lets see what happened to our 1 and 2 spots.

LJ was just coming off a 400+ carry season and playing behind a shit line.

Priest was coming back from what should have been a career ending injury and playing behind a shit line.

The difference between this year and last year is that our o-line play has improved, LJ is rested and healed up, and Charles has no significant injury history unlike Priest.

There is absolutely NO reason to trade Kolby Smith. It would leave the Chiefs with one less running back that they'd just have to turn around and draft in 2009.

Stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

Why??? Because we really need to carry 4 or 5 RBs on the roster??? Hell... if they are gonna "start" on ST then I'm all for it but right now we have a great starter, a quality #2 in charles, and a #3&4 in savage & battle who showed ability in pre-season.

Kolby is the odd man out here.

And yeah, I think you're an idiot.

I'm sorry to hear that. I find you to be tolerable for the most part untill you start spewing some "Hollywood" bullshit like "I can buy and sell your ass". Good for you.... I am glad you make lots of money because that is what is really important in life. :clap:

I guess I'll just have to tough it out with my schoolteacher wife and my work with special education children.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Not at all because I am certainly not inferior to anyone... least of all you.

Good for you. Moron.

I'm not talking like this is fantasy football. We have depth and they have need. Yeah... last year we got hurt. Lets see what happened to our 1 and 2 spots.

Then you're just a fucking idiot. The Chiefs went through 3 running backs last year. Priest, LJ and Smith. The had to start Jackie Battle & Gilbert fucking Harris.

And you think this is a good idea? MORON.

The difference between this year and last year is that our o-line play has improved, LJ is rested and healed up, and Charles has no significant injury history unlike Priest.

Really? Our offensive line has "improved"? Who the fuck are you watching on Sunday? The Giants?

Why??? Because we really need to carry 4 or 5 RBs on the roster??? Hell... if they are gonna "start" on ST then I'm all for it but right now we have a great starter, a quality #2 in charles, and a #3&4 in savage & battle who showed ability in pre-season.

Yes, the Chiefs need five running backs on the roster. Savage is doing kickoffs, Charles is a third down back at best, Battle's on the practice squad.

Do you WATCH the Chiefs games? Or just "report" on them?

I guess I'll just have to tough it out with my schoolteacher wife and my work with special education children.

I love how POS's like you always pull the "I love my wife and life" card when challenged.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:47 AM

LOL? Are you FUCKING kidding me you fat piece of shit?

I've been a member here for more than 8 years. TRY to find more than TWO threads that I've started about myself.

OTOH, You're the dumbfuck that started threads about your wife (Cathy), your job, your home, your motorcycle, your dog and your fucking pathetic attempt at a dog ramp.

Need I go on? How about the fact you're a gigantic fucking fatass that can't control what you eat? Should I fucking go on?

You wanna call me out, Motherfucker? Take a look in the mirror.

Charles can handle the #2 job. Trade Kolby and plug in Savage or Battle as #3. Might as well use this depth so that our 3rd round pick does not stay buried 3rd in the depth chart and pick up another pick in the process..

Yeah, he was GREAT on Sunday. GREAT advice. Do you know a fucking thing about football or should your join a lifestyle site so you can share you little triumphs?

Sure they will.

ROFL

Guru
10-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Damn, this thread took a bad turn.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Damn, this thread took a bad turn.

I hope you know that I didn't steer it this way.

If I'm personally attacked, I'll strike back.

With a vengeance.

Guru
10-08-2008, 02:11 AM
I hope you know that I didn't steer it this way.

If I'm personally attacked, I'll strike back.

With a vengeance.

That is clear. Glad I am on the right side of your fence. :)

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 02:12 AM
That is clear. Glad I am on the right side of your fence. :)

You're my Guru!

Guru
10-08-2008, 02:22 AM
You're my Guru!

NO buying or selling though. :cuss::)

Von Dumbass
10-08-2008, 04:05 AM
who?

pr_capone
10-08-2008, 07:55 AM
LOL? Are you ****ING kidding me you fat piece of shit?

I've been a member here for more than 8 years. TRY to find more than TWO threads that I've started about myself.

OTOH, You're the dumb**** that started threads about your wife (Cathy), your job, your home, your motorcycle, your dog and your ****ing pathetic attempt at a dog ramp.

Need I go on? How about the fact you're a gigantic ****ing fatass that can't control what you eat? Should I ****ing go on?

You wanna call me out, Mother****er? Take a look in the mirror.

Yeah, he was GREAT on Sunday. GREAT advice. Do you know a ****ing thing about football or should your join a lifestyle site so you can share you little triumphs?

Sure they will.

ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wow... arent you quick witted?

Took you 6 days AFTER your initial reply to that post to come up with this?

We all have those moments in life where we think to ourselves.... shit, this is what I should have said.

This is the first time I have seen a week old thread dragged up to actually act on that thought.

Genious.

The difference between you and I Dane is that we both like to talk about football, among other things... but I'm not a cock about my opinion.

Yeh... I'm a big guy who built a shitty dog ramp and had a dog that was killed with a wife named Cathy. I'll take that existence any day over being a loathesome arrongant cock who devalues people whom he does not deem worthy.

Yeah Dane... you could probably could "buy and sell my ass" without probably noticing a dent in your bank account.... and that is ok with me.

I'm done with you. Put me on ignore and I'll do the same for you. Save you rself the trouble.

triple
10-08-2008, 08:03 AM
yeah the steelers will give us a 4th... for a guy we drafted in the 5th ROFL

Sure-Oz
10-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Can't we all just get alllloooooooonnnggggggggg

pr_capone
10-08-2008, 10:41 AM
yeah the steelers will give us a 4th... for a guy we drafted in the 5th ROFL

well shit... if players never rise in value over their draft position... perhaps we should be getting in contact with the Bengals about giving up a 7th for TJ.

teams with undrafted free agents are screwed though.... won't be able to get anything for those guys.

need elevates value. judging by the poll, which was the point of this entire thread, I'm not the only one who feels that kolby might bring in something of value in trade.

if you disagree... then fine, I can respect that too.

triple
10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
nothing makes your stock skyrocket like 400 rushing yards last year...

Demonpenz
10-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Sometimes you win by not playing the game. (wargames 1983)

crazycoffey
10-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Sometimes you win by not playing the game. (wargames 1983)

ROFL That was just on the other day too. "You want to play a game? How about a nice game of chess?"

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 11:31 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wow... arent you quick witted?

Took you 6 days AFTER your initial reply to that post to come up with this?

We all have those moments in life where we think to ourselves.... shit, this is what I should have said.

This is the first time I have seen a week old thread dragged up to actually act on that thought.

Genious.

The difference between you and I Dane is that we both like to talk about football, among other things... but I'm not a cock about my opinion.

Yeh... I'm a big guy who built a shitty dog ramp and had a dog that was killed with a wife named Cathy. I'll take that existence any day over being a loathesome arrongant cock who devalues people whom he does not deem worthy.

Yeah Dane... you could probably could "buy and sell my ass" without probably noticing a dent in your bank account.... and that is ok with me.

I'm done with you. Put me on ignore and I'll do the same for you. Save you rself the trouble.

Get over yourself, dickbag.

It's didn't take me "6 days". Someone hipped me to this post. I wasn't even on the 'Planet for nearly 6 days.

You're the stupid motherfucker who stated that "at least I'm starting threads are about football and not about how I had to get my new a/c unit onto the top of my million dollar home in Cali or telling people I could buy and sell their ass with no problems. lol"

You're the fucking asswipe who decided to make this personal, which is fucking insane since every other day you're starting some thread about all the inane bullshit that happens in your life. As if anyone actually gives a fuck.

Are you implying that I don't start football threads now, too? Additionally, the thread you're referring to was started August 21st. Pre-Season football. You start threads about your loser-life on a daily basis. So why don't you do both of us a favor and go fuck yourself.

Asshole.

And I'm not going to put you on ignore. You're an easy target. Get used to it, fatass.

QuikSsurfer
10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow... this is fucking ridiculous; two grown men in a dick measuring contest.

crazycoffey
10-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow... this is ****ing ridiculous; two grown men in a dick measuring contest.

and they both forgot to bring a Magnifying glass....
OH NOES