PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Some thoughts on Gonzalez, Huard and other Chiefs

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Some thoughts on Gonzalez, Huard and other Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/824903.html)

Here are a few thoughts on the Chiefs as I sit here passing the time waiting on the biggest television event of my lifetime, Palin vs. Biden, The Thrilla with No Vanilla.”

•Tony Gonzalez’s immature reaction to not breaking the tight-end receiving record after Sunday’s victory over the Broncos was disappointing.

The Chiefs broke a 12-game losing streak, lifted themselves from being leaguewide laughingstocks, and Gonzalez thinks it’s appropriate to pout because he won’t break the yardage record at Arrowhead Stadium and have a brief on-field ceremony.

Wow. I’m “highly disappointed,” too.

Let’s say the Chiefs were getting plastered last week and Gonzalez broke the record late in the fourth quarter, would he have met with reporters after the game and talked about breaking the record?

Would he have said, “Yeah, the record doesn’t mean anything since we lost”? Or would he have dressed quickly and left the locker room, embarrassed by another defeat?

Not a good look, Tony. Not a good look at all.

•As long as Damon Huard is able to stand, put his hands under center and bark signals, he should remain Kansas City’s starting quarterback this season.

Even if he throws four interceptions against Carolina, he should remain KC’s starter when Brodie Croyle returns. Huard is a journeyman quarterback. He will not play lights out week to week. He will always be inconsistent.

But he clearly gives the Chiefs their best chance at winning this season. When Croyle returns, he should play from off the bench when Huard struggles or gets momentarily banged up.

Playing off the bench gives Croyle a better shot at developing confidence and handling the mental pressure of being an NFL QB. The Chiefs will learn more about Croyle with him subbing. They should already know he’s not their QB of the future (too injury prone). The question now is Croyle KC’s No. 2 quarterback of the future?

•Glenn Dorsey has not been effective through four NFL games.

I’m nowhere near ready to label him a bust. I am willing to admit concern. He seems to lack explosion in his lower and upper body. His punch seems ineffective, and his feet don’t appear to be all that quick. That’s not a good combination. Right now, he plays like a guy who needs to spend a solid year in the weight room.

That’s not all that unusual for rookie defensive tackles. Many of them come out of college with no real understanding of how to prepare physically for NFL success. You can get away with being out of shape in college. You get exposed in the NFL.

•Branden Albert dislocated his elbow moments after I commented about how well he was playing against the Broncos.

I like Albert. He has a bright future. He had good technique on his pass sets, and he tried to deliver a blow in the run game.

Herb Taylor shocked the heck out of me with his solid performance in relief of Albert. When Albert returns, Taylor might warrant a look at replacing Damion McIntosh on the right side.

•Larry Johnson did a great job last week when he interacted with Jim Brown during our town-hall discussion at the Gem Theater.

Larry offered some thoughtful commentary about current players providing support to retired NFL veterans, was very respectful in his comments toward Brown and played along and laughed when I asked him some tough questions about the then-winless Chiefs.

It was good to see the nonangry side of Larry.

After the Denver game, Kolby Smith asked me whether Jim Brown would be willing to come in every week to motivate Larry.

I’m working on it.

•No one is talking about it, but I thought Bernard Pollard played one of his better games against the Broncos.

Other than Derrick Johnson, who was marvelous, I thought Pollard was KC’s best defender on Sunday. He was a physical, sure tackler, and I thought he displayed a quickness that he didn’t have last season when he was 20 pounds heavier.

Buehler445
10-03-2008, 12:28 AM
One of Whitlocks more disappointing articles

Some thoughts on Gonzalez, Huard and other Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/824903.html)

Here are a few thoughts on the Chiefs as I sit here passing the time waiting on the biggest television event of my lifetime, Palin vs. Biden, The Thrilla with No Vanilla.”

•Tony Gonzalez’s immature reaction to not breaking the tight-end receiving record after Sunday’s victory over the Broncos was disappointing.

The Chiefs broke a 12-game losing streak, lifted themselves from being leaguewide laughingstocks, and Gonzalez thinks it’s appropriate to pout because he won’t break the yardage record at Arrowhead Stadium and have a brief on-field ceremony.

Let’s say the Chiefs were getting plastered last week and Gonzalez broke the record late in the fourth quarter, would he have met with reporters after the game and talked about breaking the record?

Would he have said, “Yeah, the record doesn’t mean anything since we lost”? Or would he have dressed quickly and left the locker room, embarrassed by another defeat?

Eh Whatever.

•As long as Damon Huard is able to stand, put his hands under center and bark signals, he should remain Kansas City’s starting quarterback this season.

Even if he throws four interceptions against Carolina, he should remain KC’s starter when Brodie Croyle returns. Huard is a journeyman quarterback. He will not play lights out week to week. He will always be inconsistent.

But he clearly gives the Chiefs their best chance at winning this season. When Croyle returns, he should play from off the bench when Huard struggles or gets momentarily banged up.

Playing off the bench gives Croyle a better shot at developing confidence and handling the mental pressure of being an NFL QB. The Chiefs will learn more about Croyle with him subbing. They should already know he’s not their QB of the future (too injury prone). The question now is Croyle KC’s No. 2 quarterback of the future?

Not only is this stupid, but he contradicts himself. Huard should start every game even if he throws four INTs. BUT Croyle should play if Huard struggles....hmmmm...

•Glenn Dorsey has not been effective through four NFL games.

I’m nowhere near ready to label him a bust. I am willing to admit concern. He seems to lack explosion in his lower and upper body. His punch seems ineffective, and his feet don’t appear to be all that quick. That’s not a good combination. Right now, he plays like a guy who needs to spend a solid year in the weight room.

That’s not all that unusual for rookie defensive tackles. Many of them come out of college with no real understanding of how to prepare physically for NFL success. You can get away with being out of shape in college. You get exposed in the NFL.

Maybe, but there aren't a lot of DTs that tear it up the first year.

•Branden Albert dislocated his elbow moments after I commented about how well he was playing against the Broncos.

I like Albert. He has a bright future. He had good technique on his pass sets, and he tried to deliver a blow in the run game.

Herb Taylor shocked the heck out of me with his solid performance in relief of Albert. When Albert returns, Taylor might warrant a look at replacing Damion McIntosh on the right side.

McIntosh should have been the backup LT or just damn released and Herbie should be on the right side from the start. Not exactly groundbreaking Whitlock.

•Larry Johnson did a great job last week when he interacted with Jim Brown during our town-hall discussion at the Gem Theater.

Larry offered some thoughtful commentary about current players providing support to retired NFL veterans, was very respectful in his comments toward Brown and played along and laughed when I asked him some tough questions about the then-winless Chiefs.

It was good to see the nonangry side of Larry.

After the Denver game, Kolby Smith asked me whether Jim Brown would be willing to come in every week to motivate Larry.

I’m working on it.

OK...

•No one is talking about it, but I thought Bernard Pollard played one of his better games against the Broncos.

Other than Derrick Johnson, who was marvelous, I thought Pollard was KC’s best defender on Sunday. He was a physical, sure tackler, and I thought he displayed a quickness that he didn’t have last season when he was 20 pounds heavier.

I thought Pollard's play had improved this year also, but Williams or Carr stole the show on Defense on Sunday. Not Pollard. But Pollard has been playing better.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2008, 12:49 AM
I heard Sedrick Ellis has been pretty solid for NO, but he may have an injured knee now

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2008, 01:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=TACKLES&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=0&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Dorsey's not doing too bad amongst other rookie D-linemen

KcMizzou
10-03-2008, 01:04 AM

I completely agree with this. (And I'm a huge Tony G. fan.)

If one of his teammates had said it, fine...

Coming from him... it's a little disappointing.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 07:05 AM
My thoughts on all this:

JWhit is 100% correct.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-03-2008, 07:26 AM
I still refuse to see any point in leaving Croyle on the bench. This season was (and still is IMO) about seeing if this guy has what it takes. People get hurt in this game. Huard should remain #2 with a medium to short leash on Croyle. So Croyle fails... 1. We get a high draft spot... 2. We are SURE where he stands as a QB, and 3. It's not like we'll MAKE the playoffs anyway, and even if by some miracle we DO... what can you expect then?? not much. If Croyle doesn't fail, by which I mean he shows that he has the fortitude to stick it out and makes plays four quarters at a time and doesn't give the game away (a la Huard), then we can use a high draft pick on another position that needs bolstering. The guy hasn't played behind a solid O-line yet. KC has what looks to be an O-line coming together...FINALLY. Plus, the D is playing inspired ball.. which makes life a lot easier on a QB. I won't go out on a limb and say he's GOING to fail, or WILL succeed... but I just don't think he's had his fair shot yet.

Mecca
10-03-2008, 07:26 AM
He's basically saying Croyle is not the Chiefs future starting QB, let Huard start and see how Croyle does in a backup role whether that be in relief of an ineffective starter or injury, he doesn't contradict himself either.

Most people think Croyle has already failed because he has answered a big question, he can't stay healthy.

bkkcoh
10-03-2008, 07:44 AM
He's basically saying Croyle is not the Chiefs future starting QB, let Huard start and see how Croyle does in a backup role whether that be in relief of an ineffective starter or injury, he doesn't contradict himself either.

Most people think Croyle has already failed because he has answered a big question, he can't stay healthy.

Should the health of a QB be that heavily scrutinized when the offensive line is so offensive? Granted he is in his 3rd year and by now a QB should be making great strides if he has the ability to. What would he have been like if he would have had Roaf and Co in front of him?

Mecca
10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Should the health of a QB be that heavily scrutinized when the offensive line is so offensive? Granted he is in his 3rd year and by now a QB should be making great strides if he has the ability to. What would he have been like if he would have had Roaf and Co in front of him?

I believe it should because it was his #1 knock in the draft....if he had never been injured before I'd be more lax with it but he's never been able to stay healthy at any level and it was a huge question.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Sure, lets play Croyle when he returns...

Chances are, he gets hurt within two games and Huard will be right back out there again to close the season.

triple
10-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Dorsey looked better last week, maybe he's turned the corner.

He's right that Pollard played one of his better games. He usually makes a lot of mistakes in the secondary but I can't remember any.

King_Chief_Fan
10-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I still refuse to see any point in leaving Croyle on the bench. This season was (and still is IMO) about seeing if this guy has what it takes. People get hurt in this game. Huard should remain #2 with a medium to short leash on Croyle. So Croyle fails... 1. We get a high draft spot... 2. We are SURE where he stands as a QB, and 3. It's not like we'll MAKE the playoffs anyway, and even if by some miracle we DO... what can you expect then?? not much. If Croyle doesn't fail, by which I mean he shows that he has the fortitude to stick it out and makes plays four quarters at a time and doesn't give the game away (a la Huard), then we can use a high draft pick on another position that needs bolstering. The guy hasn't played behind a solid O-line yet. KC has what looks to be an O-line coming together...FINALLY. Plus, the D is playing inspired ball.. which makes life a lot easier on a QB. I won't go out on a limb and say he's GOING to fail, or WILL succeed... but I just don't think he's had his fair shot yet.

Croyle has already failed. Injured 3 times in 7 games. Look at his stats.What is there to prove? He is a bust. Time to win a few games with Huard and build confidence with the rest of the team. We will still have a high enough draft pick to get a QB. It will be a couple of more years before there is an oline good enough to hide Croyle behind. At that point just about any QB could play then.

morphius
10-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Dorsey looked better last week, maybe he's turned the corner.

He's right that Pollard played one of his better games. He usually makes a lot of mistakes in the secondary but I can't remember any.
I actually think Pollard has played a lot better this year, Page it the one that one who has been really off of his game.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Croyle has already failed. Injured 3 times in 7 games. Look at his stats.What is there to prove? He is a bust. Time to win a few games with Huard and build confidence with the rest of the team. We will still have a high enough draft pick to get a QB. It will be a couple of more years before there is an oline good enough to hide Croyle behind. At that point just about any QB could play then.

I understand where you're coming from... believe me. I'm not a fan of Croyle. He is seemingly injury prone AND inaccurate. I know Huard can probably win a couple more games... Sure, what little confidence Huard can rise out of the team would be OK..but if He wins 3 or 4 games, it's really pointless because Huard won't be the QB when the O-line solidifies, so it really doesn't matter WHO is taking the snaps. We all know who Huard is as a player. Croyle at least has a chance to mature and learn... I say let Croyle play... let him get hurt if that's his destiny. At the end of this season, judge Croyle on how he handled the adversity when they put him back in.. not on crappy playing while surrounded by a crappy team to this point. From where I stand, this team had resigned to failure before the season even started, so what's a couple more wins? It will translate to less heat on the coaching staff and front office who, from a fan's standpoint, NEED that pressure on them... and they will sell a few more tickets. I'm not interested in that.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I would agree 100%. So far Dorsey is reminding me of ryan sims.

Tuckdaddy
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM

I agree with this. No way should Croyle stay on the bench. If he gets hurt again then that should seal his fate but of he's healthy he should go back in. Still have to see what he can do if the ground game is good or when the line can pass protect. Playing Huard no matter what serves no purpose.

ChiefGator
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
How much better has Huard played than Croyle this year?

Croyle (against NE): 11-19, 88 yards.

Huard: 31-44, 295 yards. 2TDs, 2Ints. ( in 3 games )

So clearly outplayed by Huard.

I call bullshit.

Dicky McElephant
10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
You give Croyle his shot when he's healthy. If he comes back and shows that he can stay healthy and be a starting QB...then fine. If he can't....then we know that we have to draft someone. If we leave Huard in...then we don't know shit. At least if Croyle goes in and plays marginally good...then we know that we can dump Huard and Croyle can at least be a backup.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Historically, the DT position is not one that makes an immediate impact.

Even the really good ones dont fully develop until their 3rd year in or so.

StcChief
10-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Would have been nice for Tony to "get" the record at home vs. Donxs..... but Herm plays to win the game, trust in Huard with Donx defenders mugging Tony maybe for the better...... (Donxs thought not on our watch)....

Chiefs will take care of TG even if the 3 yards come against Carolina or Tennesssee

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Even the really good ones dont fully develop until their 3rd year in or so.

I disagree with that. Haynsworth and Sapp came in and dominated

bobbything
10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes, but all reports coming out pre and post-draft said Dorsey was an immediate impact player.

I would agree, I'm not gonna write him off at all. 4 games is way, way too soon. But, he had so much hype built around him that it's hard not to be slightly disappointed thus far.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 11:32 AM

Not really. It took a few years. Look up their stats. Although, DT's dont really get a ton of tackles.

Bob Dole
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM

Do you even WATCH the games? :rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Croyle is not the guy, and the Chiefs know this.

Obviously.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Do you even WATCH the games? :rolleyes:

I saw pieces of them, but the stats don't lie ZERO sacks

ChiefGator
10-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Croyle is not the guy, and the Chiefs know this.

Obviously.

Guess what... neither is Huard.

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 02:07 PM

WRONG.

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 02:07 PM

WRONG

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Warren Sapp rookie season 27 tck 3 sacks

Haynesworth 23tck 1 sack

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Dude Haynesworth as being considered a bust just like Sims until last season.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 02:15 PM
WRONG

ehh. I doubt that

per Midwestfantasysports.com

"For those with individual players on defense, I would hang on to Dorsey for now. He hasn't done anything so far, so you have nothing to loose by dumping him"

Sure-Oz
10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
i love it, dorseys a bust already?

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 02:22 PM
ehh. I doubt that

"For those with individual players on defense, I would hang on to Dorsey for now. He hasn't done anything so far, so you have nothing to loose by dumping him"

He's a rookie DT. There's not 1 who came in and dominated. Just because a FF site says that he's not a great fantasy player does not make him a bust.

Come on now.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
He's a rookie DT. There's not 1 who came in and dominated. Just because a FF site says that he's not a great fantasy player does not make him a bust.

Come on now.

dig around KFFL the the bulliton boards. He is struggling

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 02:28 PM
dig around KFFL the the bulliton boards. He is struggling

I expected him to struggle, as did anyone who knows the history of rookie DTs.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I expected him to struggle, as did anyone who knows the history of rookie DTs.

ok we agree he is struggling then.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Guess what... neither is Huard.

no shit?

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I think one of the problems surrounding dorsey is the endorsement deals. I think those may have gone to his head. I saw one for him for dicks sporting goods or something. Maybe he got his money and relaxing.

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 02:32 PM
ok we agree he is struggling then.

A little. But hes far from abust at this point.

ClevelandBronco
10-03-2008, 02:39 PM
(Whitlock) The question now is Croyle KC’s No. 2 quarterback of the future?

True. It's not written in English, but the thought is still truth.

smittysbar
10-03-2008, 02:51 PM
ehh. I doubt that

Fantasy! ROFL You have to be kidding

smittysbar
10-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I really don't think he is struggling at this point. He has been getting several Double teams too.

Maybe a person should actually watch the games and make a decision, rather than dig around on some other boards to take the word as fact.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I really don't think he is struggling at this point. He has been getting several Double teams too.

Maybe a person should actually watch the games and make a decision, rather than dig around on some other boards to take the word as fact.

Well the stats are fact 0 sacks :(

smittysbar
10-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Well the stats are fact 0 sacks :(

That's not shit. If he is commanding doubles, he is helping free up someone else. He has been doing a pretty good job. A very good job IMO for a rook. You also thought Sapp and Haynsworth stepped in their 1st year and made a big impact, this was not the case. DT takes time, he is coming along nicely IMO

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 03:07 PM
That's not shit. If he is commanding doubles, he is helping free up someone else. He has been doing a pretty good job. A very good job IMO for a rook. You also thought Sapp and Haynsworth stepped in their 1st year and made a big impact, this was not the case. DT takes time, he is coming along nicely IMO

I would like to think that but I never see anyone coming free. It's nice he is taking up double teams, but could have drafted or signed a fatass to take double teams. We got him as a playmaker, game changer, impact player and so far he hasn't been upto par. I have no doubt though he can be serviceable and wouldn't be surprised to take another DL next year

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM

Exactly. Haynesworth had 1 sack Sapp gad three. Dorsey is getting DTed about half the time, so the oposing teams must think hes a threat. The guys played 4 games for pete's sake. He's going to be fine IMO.

Oh no 0 sacks in 4 games!!

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I would like to think that but I never see anyone coming free. It's nice he is taking up double teams, but could have drafted or signed a fatass to take double teams. We got him as a playmaker, game changer, impact player and so far he hasn't been upto par. I have no doubt though he can be serviceable and wouldn't be surprised to take another DL next year

You just don't understand the nature of the position, or the natural progression of aDT. Give the guy some time. He's four games into his rookie season.....damn.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 03:13 PM
You just don't understand the nature of the position, or the natural progression of aDT. Give the guy some time. He's four games into his rookie season.....damn.

that would be nice...but it's not a keeper league

SNR
10-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Wasn't Whitlock the same guy who said Junior Siavii was going to be a star in this league?

I don't exactly trust him as far as his assessments of defensive linemen go.

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
that would be nice...but it's not a keeper league

LOL.

Bob Dole
10-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I think one of the problems surrounding dorsey is the endorsement deals. I think those may have gone to his head. I saw one for him for dicks sporting goods or something. Maybe he got his money and relaxing.

Plus, he played more that 415 plays for LSU last year. No DT has ever played that many plays in one season and ever had another decent season in his career.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Plus, he played more that 415 plays for LSU last year. No DT has ever played that many plays in one season and ever had another decent season in his career.

That could be, but they said the same thing about Larry Johnson and he looks to be ok again.

beach tribe
10-03-2008, 03:30 PM

Good one.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Good one.

it was a good point.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
that would be nice...but it's not a keeper leagueROFLROFLROFL
All this about fantasy football? Holy shit

Bob Dole
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
That could be, but they said the same thing about Larry Johnson and he looks to be ok again.

OK? hahaha. Did you seed how out of breath Cupcake was after 65 yards and getting ran down from behind? He's done.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
OK? hahaha. Did you seed how out of breath Cupcake was after 65 yards and getting ran down from behind? He's done.

Hey 65 aint bad especially at 240 or whatever weight he plays at

Pablo
10-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Dorsey's fine. He's not wowing anyone right now, but he's absorbing double teams and if our ends were such f*ckoffs at times Dorsey would be King Kong.

And LJ doesn't have much of a burst anymore. He's not slow, he's just not 2005/6 LJ. If he played the Broncos every week, he'd smash Dickerson's record. Sadly, we have to play real defenses every now and then and LJ will return to his true form. An over the hill back who get gassed running 20+ yards.

On a hilarious side note. One of my friend's that's never played FF before was given a team(by me). I signed up for too many leagues and didn't want to play them all. I gave him a pretty nice team with AP and Cutler at the beginning of the season.

He tells me yesterday he traded AP for LJ. How f*cking great is that?

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Would now be a good time for me to restate how the Chiefs should have been more agressive to trade up and snag Matt Ryan??

Bob Dole
10-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey 65 aint bad especially at 240 or whatever weight he plays at

Whatever weight it is, it doesn't matter now because he is done. Running backs with the skills LJ has now are available for practically free every offseason.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Whatever weight it is, it doesn't matter now because he is done. Running backs with the skills LJ has now are available for practically free every offseason.

I don't agree with that or every or everyteam would have one

macdawg
10-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Good running backs, unlike QB's, are a dime a dozen.

Whats driving me crazy is this whole 'lets play Thigpen/Croyle and see what they can do. See what we got in those players'

We don't have crap in those players, I'm not interested in seeing what we have in a 6' 185lb injury prone QB that is 0-7 (or 0-8) as a starter.

Huard is important to the mental development of the team. I favor youth projects at a few positions but its as if some of you guys think Croyle is going to turn into Montana or something and that justifies losing every week.

Giving one guy with a 1 in a million shot at ever amounting to crap in the league at the expense of holding fans and the rest of the players hostage to view this nightmare is BS.

Count Alex's Losses
10-03-2008, 08:14 PM
lol bob dole with rare fakeposts

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 08:36 PM
lol bob dole with rare fakeposts

no love for my play along fake posts?

Count Alex's Losses
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Honesty, demon, I have trouble figuring out if you're fakeposting or not sometimes. You crazy diamond.

kc1977
10-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I still refuse to see any point in leaving Croyle on the bench. This season was (and still is IMO) about seeing if this guy has what it takes.

Brodie has proven countless times that he does NOT have what it takes. It is so obvious. It is so obvious that Huard gives us the best chance to win. Ergo, since we have no QB of the future to give experience to, let the QB who gives us the best chance to win play.

Not rocket science.

However, Herm and Carl should both be fired today for having the piece of crap crop of QBs on this roster. It was damn right irresponsible and unrespectful to the other guys on this team to be so utterly inadequate at QB.

Demonpenz
10-03-2008, 08:44 PM
yeah I rarely DON'T fakepost because my opinons are pretty standard. Horray DJ for breaking out. Give dorsey time , play huard until croyle is ready then go with him. Athough I wouldn't really be heartbroken if we stuck with huard because i like the way he gets the ball gone and targets the big names. LJ is good when he runs hard. That is my boring opinions. Much more fun to just fake post and fick

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Brodie has proven countless times that he does NOT have what it takes. It is so obvious. It is so obvious that Huard gives us the best chance to win. Ergo, since we have no QB of the future to give experience to, let the QB who gives us the best chance to win play.

Not rocket science.

However, Herm and Carl should both be fired today for having the piece of crap crop of QBs on this roster. It was damn right irresponsible and unrespectful to the other guys on this team to be so utterly inadequate at QB.

Perhaps the best post ever on Chiefsplanet.

Cut and dry, simple and to the point, and 100% correct.

alanm
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=TACKLES&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=0&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Leading all rookie DT in tackles. :thumb:

H2O 1, J.D. 0
10-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Leading all rookie DT in tackles. :thumb:

Virginia Tech 35 Nebraska 30 ROFL

KcMizzou
10-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Virginia Tech 35 Nebraska 30 ROFLI'm a Mizzou fan (obviously). And I'm curious what that has to do with anything.

If you're a Mizzou fan too, you should be ashamed of yourself.

alanm
10-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I disagree with that. Haynsworth and Sapp came in and dominatedNot their rookie years they didn't. :shake:

Count Alex's Losses
10-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Demon hooks another one.

alanm
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan (obviously). And I'm curious what that has to do with anything.

If you're 12 yrs old it matters.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
If your just going by sack stats, John Henderson of the Jags had a decent rookie year: 6.5 sacks.

BTW, he was picked after Sims. ROFL

alanm
10-03-2008, 09:37 PM
If your just going by sack stats, John Henderson of the Jags had a decent rookie year: 6.5 sacks.

BTW, he was picked after Sims. ROFLSapp had 26 tackles his rookie year with 3 sacks. Henderson had 53.
After 4 games Dorsey has 13 with no sacks.
Henderson hasn't come close to matching his rookie year in sacks since.
I'm more interested in total tackles.

Count Alex's Losses
10-03-2008, 09:41 PM
We shouldn't be interested in tackles OR sacks.

You can't really judge a DT by stats. Watch the games, focus on Dorsey. If he's holding his ground or pushing the offensive lineman/men backwards, he's doing his job.

The sacks will come when he gets his pass rush moves developed.

alanm
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Demon hooks another one.
Ok I had to go back and check out the rest of the thread. He's playing devils advocate. Gotcha.

dtebbe
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM

You can't really judge a DT by stats. Watch the games, focus on Dorsey. If he's holding his ground or pushing the offensive lineman/men backwards, he's doing his job.

He sure draws a ton of double teams. I don't think you are too bad as a NFL rookie when you are drawing double teams at least 50% of the time.

DT

KcMizzou
10-03-2008, 11:24 PM
If you're 12 yrs old it matters.You're needed in the game thread. WTB a confident Husker fan...

This'd be a HUGE win for Mizzou.

Buehler445
10-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm a Mizzou fan (obviously). And I'm curious what that has to do with anything.

Motherfucker seriously has nothing to do on a Friday night than troll.

milkman
10-04-2008, 07:05 AM

Did they just forget to list Trevor Laws stats?

HypnotizedMonkey
10-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Not rocket science.

You're right, it's football... not rocket science... rocket science has a lot to do with mathematical equations, and football can be chaos at times. It's a lot harder to predict chaos. Herm and Carl are far from working at NASA, and aren't far from NOT working in the NFL. I completely agree on the last thing you said.

I'm just saying...... Croyle starts over Huard. Make it whatever you want, throw stats at me all day long.... but I'm just judging by the overall tone the organization has set in the offseason. I appreciate your genious though! I live pretty close to NASA.. you want me to pick you up an application? I heard they're looking for somebody to clean out the female astronauts' spacedouche bags.

smittysbar
10-04-2008, 08:49 AM

findthedr would be pissed :deevee:

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Whatever happened to the dr.

smittysbar
10-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Whatever happened to the dr.

He posts on fatchatter.

milkman
10-04-2008, 09:34 AM
He posts on fatchatter.

I haven't been there since it had some problem, but I didn't see dr posting much over the last 2-3 weeks I was there.

Is he posting these days?

Buehler445
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM

ROFL

just......ROFL

smittysbar
10-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I haven't been there since it had some problem, but I didn't see dr posting much over the last 2-3 weeks I was there.

Is he posting these days?

I havn't been there since either. I didn't read threads he was in anyhow

RINGLEADER
10-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Eh.

It took Albert Haynesworth, the current consensus best DT in the league, more than 3 seasons to record 5 sacks and 100 tackles.

Still wish we had picked him over Ryan Sims that year, but you get my point.

RedThat
10-04-2008, 02:53 PM

You know, thats a good point. I think Dorsey is doing a pretty decent job as a rookie. I've been keeping an eye on him and I am see him draw a lot of double teams, and there are times where he is getting a good push up the middle. Thats really what is required from a defensive tackle. And he's doing it.