10-04-2008, 02:10 AM
And counting.....

Cubs ROFL

StcChief
10-04-2008, 08:01 AM
and still... the official drink of Chicago Cubs is CHOKE

BigRedChief
10-04-2008, 09:09 AM
As much as I would like to I'm not going to pile on here.

Instead, I'll let the open wound heal into a scar and then I'll reopen that wound later.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-04-2008, 09:12 AM
They still believe!!!

Ultra Peanut
10-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Honestly, I'd rather be swept than experience 2003 again. At least with this I just shake my head and sigh instead of wanting to shoot myself in the face like I did after the NCAA championship game.

It's absolutely retarded that a 97-win team can go cold for a two games and essentially be eliminated, but that's baseball.

TCR chimes in:

Infected
Submitted by Rob G. on Fri, 10/03/2008 - 11:41am.

Somewhere along the way the Cubs contracted the "paralyzing suck" virus and it seemed to spread from one Cub to the next last night. I felt like I was watching 28 Days Later, just waiting for the Cubs fans at the park to start ripping each other apart. It started with Ryan Theriot, and not on that ill-advised bare-handed play. After Soriano singled and took second, Theriot flailed away looking thorougly overmatched by Chad Billingsley. What a fantastic time for a guy who hits the ball to the right side about 95% of the time to fail.

He sure made up for it later though when he attempted a bare-handed do-or-die play on a ball he should have probably have just gloved. I admit I stepped away for a second and only saw the back end of the replay. The Parachat crowd was 50/50 on whether Theriot would have even gotten Loney had he tried to field it cleanly, but nonetheless, it certainly wasn't a good play.

Next up was DeRosa, who turned two routine outs into none when he muffed an admittably hard-hit ball. Had he not been infected with "the paralyzing suck" virus, he might have realized he still had plenty of time to at least secure one out, but instead rushed his throw to still try and get a double play which was gone as soon as he didn't fieldl the ball cleanly.

Around the diamond it went and next up was Derrek Lee who did all he could to keep a hot smash in front of him, but unfortunately the "paralyzing suck" virus must mess with your equilibrium because he couldn't pick up where the ball went. And to complicate matters, Zambrano was a little late getting to the bag.

I think somewhere in that exchange, Zambrano caught it because a few hitters later, he left an absolute cookie up for Russell Martin that pretty much sucked the air right out of Wrigley.

Quick sidebar: That was just an absolutely fantastic drag bunt single by Furcal right before that. Hope Hendry can land him this time around in free agency.

Oh but, it wasn't done. Aramis booted a ball later in the game and the entire offense started hacking away down five runs rather than remain patient and try to chip away one run at a time. In the 7th, the virus spread to the dugout when Neal Cotts was brought in to face Andre Ethier and James Loney. Problem being with Bob Howry warmed up in the pen, Lou left Cotts out there to face Matt Kemp who predicatbly singled in a run. You ask, what's the difference between 6-0 and 7-0, I say a whole lot when you have as talented an offense as the Cubs do. They're in every game and the manager doesn't need to be giving up in the 7th inning.

By the 8th, Lou decides to go with his bullpen aces and they certainly weren't immune. Marmol gives up another two and Wood - in possibly his last game as a Cub in Wrigley - gives up one more. Everyone gets a ride on the "suck ass" carousel.

smittysbar
10-04-2008, 09:22 AM
They could still pull it off.....................but I doubt it.

Fairplay
10-04-2008, 09:27 AM
They could still pull it off.....................but I doubt it.

Stranger things have happened for sure.

Like the parting of the red seas for example.