PDA

View Full Version : KSU How far have the Wildcats fallen off the face of the College Football Map?

KChiefs1
10-04-2008, 06:48 PM
What a pathetic performance today.:shake:

Is Prince going to make it through the season?:shake:

luv
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Who?

:p

10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
pretty far

Buehler445
10-04-2008, 06:51 PM
TT puts up points on everybody, but Defense is supposed to be Prince's thing right?

Bearcat
10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Who?

:p

Remember, that team you followed in the late 90s?

:evil:

kstater
10-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Meh, it'll be over soon enough. However, last time I checked, TTU was a top 10 team.

And yes, Prince will make it through the season. And thank you for saying that they were prominant(sp?) enough to be on your radar as falling off the map(pssst they were the worst team ever).

KChiefs1
10-04-2008, 06:55 PM
thank you for saying that they were prominant(sp?) enough to be on your radar as falling off the map(pssst they were the worst team ever).

Bill Snyder must be rolling over in his grave....

luv
10-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Remember, that team you followed in the late 90s?

:evil:

:grr:

I guess it's better to be called a smartass than a dumbass.

:)

KcMizzou
10-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Meh.. I see no reason to dance on their grave. I don't consider them a serious threat to my favorite team... and they're in the Big XII North.

I'm rooting for them.

kstater
Bill Snyder must be rolling over in his grave....

Considering he's alive and healthy, that'd be a sight to see.

Bearcat
:grr:

I guess it's better to be called a smartass than a dumbass.

:)

A little from column A, a little from column B... I'm the entire package. :D

KChiefs1
10-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Considering he's alive and healthy, that'd be a sight to see.

Really? How old is that dude.....90?

kstater
10-04-2008, 07:00 PM
TT puts up points on everybody, but Defense is supposed to be Prince's thing right?

Considering he was the OC at Virginia, I'd say no. D has been his problem since he's been in Manhattan.

kstater
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM

His 69th birthday is Tuesday. Thanks for playing. Happy Birthday Coach Snyder.

kstater
10-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Chiefs1: you don't want to play anymore?

kstater
10-04-2008, 07:56 PM

Dude, I need to go to bed. But dude, if you think of another creative slam, I'll be sure to respond in the morning. L8tr dude.

Coach
10-04-2008, 08:36 PM

False. Prince is a offensive coach. He was a OC in Virginia before coming here.

Buehler445
10-04-2008, 08:39 PM
False. Prince is a offensive coach. He was a OC in Virginia before coming here.

My bad. I thought the 3-4 came with Prince. Maybe it is his DC.

Coach
10-04-2008, 08:42 PM
My bad. I thought the 3-4 came with Prince. Maybe it is his DC.

One way or another, Prince may have to go. I could never understand his philosophy of dinking and dunking, and not giving Freeman any run support at all.

Not to mention that Ian Campbell experiment of moving him from a 4-3 DE, where he had 11.5 sacks, to a 3-4 OLB, and then back to a 3-4 DE, where those two experiments have failed miserably.

Buehler445
10-04-2008, 08:44 PM
One way or another, Prince may have to go. I could never understand his philosophy of dinking and dunking, and not giving Freeman any run support at all.

Not to mention that Ian Campbell experiment of moving him from a 4-3 DE, where he had 11.5 sacks, to a 3-4 OLB, and then back to a 3-4 DE, where those two experiments have failed miserably.

So what type of coaches do you think KSU can attract?

KChiefs1
10-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Chiefs1: you don't want to play anymore?

I wasn't playing dude...I thought he was really that old.
I guess he is just unlucky genetically.

teedubya
10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Dude, I need to go to bed. But dude, if you think of another creative slam, I'll be sure to respond in the morning. L8tr dude.

wow. how old are you? you went to bed at like 9pm.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-05-2008, 12:39 AM
far.

I hate to think the thought, but IMHO Tibesar (our DC) should be fired immediately.

Even if he is not the sole source of the problems, it will signify that something is being done. Thus far Prince and the administration are in full on Baghdad Bob mode.

kstater
10-05-2008, 03:27 AM
wow. how old are you? you went to bed at like 9pm.

Yeah, have to work early this morning.

Kerberos
10-05-2008, 04:36 AM
That game yesterday was "Almost" as painful to watch as a Chiefs game the first 3 weeks.

Stewie
10-05-2008, 06:01 AM
I can't figure out why they don't rely on Freeman's arm more than they do.

WilliamTheIrish
10-05-2008, 07:42 AM
It was bad.

But. he'll be here through this season and next. The Weef is getting ready to retire. The AD, Bob Krause is a temporary.

So I figure it's going to go like this: Wefald retires. New UP hires new AD. New AD fires FB coach and hires his own guy.

But that probably won't happen until after next season. Until then, it'd jdt going to be one ass kicking after another.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Until then, it'd jdt going to be one ass kicking after another.
Ah, the good old days!

Coach
10-05-2008, 10:44 AM
It was bad.

But. he'll be here through this season and next. The Weef is getting ready to retire. The AD, Bob Krause is a temporary.

So I figure it's going to go like this: Wefald retires. New UP hires new AD. New AD fires FB coach and hires his own guy.

But that probably won't happen until after next season. Until then, it'd jdt going to be one ass kicking after another.

That would be epic failure and horrible mis-management by the administration people, even if they are retiring. It will also be their faults for leaving the cupboard bare as they left the university, as much as Snyder did when he retired.

One way or another, Price's "macho" attitude is getting old, like making his defensive players run for that high scoring issue by Louisville, when the real problem is the defesnive scheme, and the players are not suited for that scheme at all.

Seriously, explain this. How can Ian Campbell, who had a great season in 06 with 11.5 sacks, and then they moved him to a OLB, where his numbers dropped dramatically, and then they moved him back to DE, but in a 3-4, where Campbell's getting his ass kicked repeatedly?

How the fuck can you fix something that wasn't even broken in the first place?

banyon
10-05-2008, 10:50 AM
That would be epic failure and horrible mis-management by the administration people, even if they are retiring. It will also be their faults for leaving the cupboard bare as they left the university, as much as Snyder did when he retired.

One way or another, Price's "macho" attitude is getting old, like making his defensive players run for that high scoring issue by Louisville, when the real problem is the defesnive scheme, and the players are not suited for that scheme at all.

Seriously, explain this. How can Ian Campbell, who had a great season in 06 with 11.5 sacks, and then they moved him to a OLB, where his numbers dropped dramatically, and then they moved him back to DE, but in a 3-4, where Campbell's getting his ass kicked repeatedly?

How the f*** can you fix something that wasn't even broken in the first place?

His dad and Cimmaron, KS are pretty irritated by it from what I hear.

hawkchief
10-05-2008, 10:50 AM
the Decade of Delusion for KSU sure didn't last very long, huh?

Saulbadguy
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM

How the f*** can you fix something that wasn't even broken in the first place?
Baloney...the players are SLOW. The scheme may suck, but the players are undersized, slow, and get their shit packed in on every play. They have ran the 4-3 on occasion this year and Campbell still is flat on his back 50% of the time. Plus the players can't tackle, and they have no sense of gap responsibility whatsoever.

That being said, they recruited these sad excuse for players, so it is ultimately their fault.

allen_kcCard
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Bill Snyder must be rolling over in his retirement home....

fyp

Coach
10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Baloney...the players are SLOW. The scheme may suck, but the players are undersized, slow, and get their shit packed in on every play. They have ran the 4-3 on occasion this year and Campbell still is flat on his back 50% of the time. Plus the players can't tackle, and they have no sense of gap responsibility whatsoever.

That being said, they recruited these sad excuse for players, so it is ultimately their fault.

It's not baloney. The 3-4 scheme that K-State is implementing is not working at all. This Tibesar character needs to be fired, as he's obviously becoming much worse than Stooge Elliott....

alanm
10-05-2008, 10:56 AM

I know the feeling Saul. :(

Saulbadguy
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
It's not baloney. The 3-4 scheme that K-State is implementing is not working at all. This Tibesar character needs to be fired, as he's obviously becoming much worse than Stooge Elliott....

The 3-4 scheme can work but they don't have the players for it obviously. However they don't have the players for the 4-3 either. We are dangerously thin at DL and LB since Prince thought it would be a good idea to use every available scholarship on DB's.

60 pass attempts and no sacks means our front 7 are among the worst in football, no matter what the scheme.

Coach
10-05-2008, 10:59 AM
The 3-4 scheme can work but they don't have the players for it obviously. However they don't have the players for the 4-3 either. We are dangerously thin at DL and LB since Prince thought it would be a good idea to use every available scholarship on DB's.

60 pass attempts and no sacks means our front 7 are among the worst in football, no matter what the scheme.

That's true, and it's all on the coaching staff. This is how I see Prince is doing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/fail_cat.gif

KChiefs1
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
On the K-State Rivals site there is a very scathing article by Tim Fitzgerald.

here's a taste:

As the Texas Tech Red Raiders rolled to an obscene 417 yards of offense and 38 points in the first half of Saturday's game with the Kansas State Wildcats, the sad state of Ron Prince (http://kansasstate.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=221)'s program came into painful focus. Yes, building a program demands time, but more importantly it demands progress. And progress, at least 30 games into his tenure as Bill Snyder's successor, is nowhere to be found for Prince's Wildcats. As it turns out, fans willing to sit through Prince-led losses are also becoming hard to find.

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Fatz and the PowerTards are finally coming to grips with situation. Better late then never.

I guess.