PDA

View Full Version : Football The flawed logic of Mizzou fans

Pages : [1] 2

Sam Hall
10-05-2008, 08:31 AM
You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

Something doesn't add up.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Callahan never would've apologized to the state like Pelini did last night.

Think about the things I have mentioned here.

milkman
10-05-2008, 08:33 AM
You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Sounds like a load of crap of me.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-05-2008, 08:35 AM

even tho mizzou fans will never admit, this post is very true

OnTheWarpath58
10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Whatever makes you sleep easier after an ass raping...

OnTheWarpath58
10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Oh, and I just read this a minute ago, not sure if it's been addressed.

Interesting.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/EE9FB2BDF49A824F862574D9001F9DA3?OpenDocument

Daniel says Husker spit on him
By Vahe Gregorian
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2008

LINCOLN, Neb. Between comments coming from the Nebraska camp and Mizzou's 30-year stretch of futility here entering Saturday's game, MU quarterback Chase Daniel said he already was as fired up as he'd ever been for a football game.

But when a Nebraska player spit on him in pre-game warm-ups, Daniel took it all the more personally.

"Nebraska was definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've (ever) played," Daniel said after MU's victory, adding, "You've got to settle it on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

The Huskers repeatedly hit him late, in addition to the unidentified player spitting on a helmet-less Daniel.

"I never (had that) done before. I'm not going to say who it was," Daniel said. "He knows who it was and that's bush league."

Daniel also said Nebraska players were throwing balls at Tiger players during warm-ups.

"They wanted to shut us down," he said. "I think that ended within a minute of the game (starting)."

milkman
10-05-2008, 08:37 AM

Why would they?

I'm not a misery fan, and as I said, it's crap.

Sure-Oz
I will take a national championship and not apologize for it because we don't have a long tradition of being awesome. When was the last time Nebraska was relevant, Scott Frost maybe? So MU should still take a back seat to Nebraska after we slaughtered them? f*** you!

luv
You'll take agression even if it means giving up tons of yards in penalties? In a more even match-up, that probably would have been the deciding factor in losing.

I'll admit that I'm unfamiliar with the traditions of college football. I know that Nebraska used to be a powerhouse. Last night, it seemed to me that Mizzou was more about revenge than it was tradition.

I've been known to be wrong, though. Just how I see it.

smittysbar
10-05-2008, 08:38 AM
http://www.webdelsol.com/The_Potomac/issue2/crybaby.jpg

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 08:39 AM

Interesting.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/EE9FB2BDF49A824F862574D9001F9DA3?OpenDocument

By Vahe Gregorian
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2008

LINCOLN, Neb. Between comments coming from the Nebraska camp and Mizzou's 30-year stretch of futility here entering Saturday's game, MU quarterback Chase Daniel said he already was as fired up as he'd ever been for a football game.

But when a Nebraska player spit on him in pre-game warm-ups, Daniel took it all the more personally.

"Nebraska was definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've (ever) played," Daniel said after MU's victory, adding, "You've got to settle it on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

The Huskers repeatedly hit him late, in addition to the unidentified player spitting on a helmet-less Daniel.

"I never (had that) done before. I'm not going to say who it was," Daniel said. "He knows who it was and that's bush league."

Daniel also said Nebraska players were throwing balls at Tiger players during warm-ups.

"They wanted to shut us down," he said. "I think that ended within a minute of the game (starting)."

Bush league...Fuck Big Red....not even KU vs MU that shit would happen

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2008, 08:39 AM

kill yourself.

KevB
10-05-2008, 08:41 AM

Interesting.

By Vahe Gregorian
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2008

Sounds like a Pelini team to me. He doesn't have self-control, so how can you expect his players to exhibit self-control?

Brock
10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Your "tradition" left town with Tom Osbourne. Seems like you're having a tough time adjusting to not being the big bully on the block anymore.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-05-2008, 08:45 AM
That does sound like something a current Nebraska team would do.. hell even Osborne's teams would still be trying to score when they were up 70-3, but I doubt any of their kids ever spit on an opposing player. I have never really met a Nebraska fan I like.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Sam, it's not worth the trouble. Let it go.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 08:55 AM
That does sound like something a current Nebraska team would do.. hell even Osborne's teams would still be trying to score when they were up 70-3, but I doubt any of their kids ever spit on an opposing player. I have never really met a Nebraska fan I like.

Meet Bugeater or Alanm then.

Blindside58
10-05-2008, 08:57 AM
I'll take "what would a loser Husker fan say?" for $1000.00 Alex.

Spott
10-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Life's a bitch when this thing called parity comes around. Now you don't automatically get 9-10 victories a year and get the best players because you were good in the past. Now there is plenty of talent to go around and if you recruit good enough, you can beat anybody. I don't care if our logic is flawed. We won by 5 TD's and would have put 70 on the board if we didn't take our starters out at the end of the third quarter.

Maybe NU can try to get a spot in the tradition bowl at the end of the year and play some other mediocre has been like Notre Dame, Miami, FSU or Michigan.

luv
10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Meet Bugeater or Alanm then.

Never met alanm, but Bugeater is cool as hell.

CoMoChief
10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
There is a lot of truth to this thread. MU fans are enjoying it while it lasts because they havent won a national championship in anything relevant for a long long long time.....if ever, I dunno, I havent been alive since 1900.

Basketball once was their respectable sport while Norm was around.....even though he didnt do anything great. He was the Marty Schottenheimer of NCAA Bball. And their football program has been terrible to average for many many years.

This year they finally have the pieces to make a run for a national title. Their offense is the best in the country (I think at least) they have 2 heisman hopefuls along with 2-3 all american players.

This is their year to do it all if theyre gonna do it because if they don't do it this season, they won't do it for a long time. They may come close, but this offense is taylor made for Chase Daniel......he knows the offense like the back of his hand.

Whats better is that MU can run the ball and they can run it well, which makes this offense nearly unstoppable.

But once Daniel, Maclin, and Coffman are gone, This offense isn't going to be anywhere close to what is was this and last season.

I made this same argument to my dad this past basketball season, I told him if KU is going to win a national title they better do it this season because they have the talent to do so and everyone would be leaving after the season regardless.

The same goes for MU fball this season.

MU gets a 5 star recruit here and there. Texas and OU are flooded with the best talent in the NCAA year after year. OU and TX are always ranked in the preseason, usually top 10.

Unfortunately I don't see MU being ranked at all next season.....at least to start out with.

beavis
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM

I was going to post this too. What a joke.

Spott
10-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Colorado has a completely bogus share of a national championship in '89. Everyone know that CU lost that 5th down game to a terrible Mizzou team that year to go along with a bogus victory against Notre Dame when that phantom holding call stopped ND's go ahead touchdown. CU finished the season with a loss and a tie while Georgia Tech ended the season undefeated without the the help of 2 victories given to them by incompetent refs.

mdstu
10-05-2008, 09:18 AM

This thread reminds me of the post-game Cutler quote.

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 09:41 AM

the most pathetic sour grapes post ever...and i'm a ku fan

lose like a man, you emo goof....

and your HC is the college equivalent of Gunther Cunningham....think about that

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 09:42 AM

rep

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 09:42 AM
the most pathetic sour grapes post ever...and i'm a ku fan

lose like a man, you emo goof....

and your HC is the college equivalent of Gunther Cunningham....think about thatLMAO

gblowfish
10-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Sam Hall can kiss my lemony fresh ass.

Frazod
10-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, Dicknose isn't going to turn anything around if he can't recruit. And seriously, other than kids from Nebraska, who would want to play for the Huskers right now?

Your team is basically the Big XII's answer to the Raiders.

Oh, and I almost forgot: :deevee:

Adept Havelock
10-05-2008, 09:56 AM
ROFL. Someone should tell Sam there's no crying in football.

alanm
10-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, Dicknose isn't going to turn anything around if he can't recruit. And seriously, other than kids from Nebraska, who would want to play for the Huskers right now?

Your team is basically the Big XII's answer to the Raiders.

Oh, and I almost forgot: :deevee:Just got home this morning and I knew it was going to be brutal on here...
But Tim... I expect better from you.

alanm
10-05-2008, 10:03 AM
I have a really hard time believing that happened.
If it's true then heads should roll.
It will be addressed either way tomorrow in the conference call.

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Just got home this morning and I knew it was going to be brutal on here...
But Tim... I expect better from you.Pfft... Sam Hall's begging for it. Did you even read the original post?

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:14 AM
if the spitting incident actually happened(why would anyone lie about that after the whippin they put on) it just shows more of the "bully" mentality that nebraska was known for back when they actually mattered. why pick the smallest guy on the field to spit on? go spit on a linebacker of lineman

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
It will be addressed either way tomorrow in the conference call.What, you think Daniel just made it up?

Why would he do that?

OnTheWarpath58
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM
if the spitting incident actually happened(why would anyone lie about that after the whippin they put on) it just shows more of the "bully" mentality that nebraska was known for back when they actually mattered. why pick the smallest guy on the field to spit on? go spit on a linebacker of lineman

:spock:

Uh...

How about not spitting on anyone?

Rausch
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Whatever.

It's like being a 40 year old virgin and then banging two Maxim cover girls in the same night.

You can talk and yap all you want about the last 40 years but all I hear is the teacher from the Peanuts cartoons over my happy glow of satisfaction...

alanm
10-05-2008, 10:22 AM
What, you think Daniel just made it up?

Why would he do that?
If it really happened there will be repercussions and a player suspended. That shit won't be tolerated by Pelini or Osborne.
Like I said I'm sure it's already being looked into and will be addressed in the conference call tomorrow.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:23 AM
:spock:

Uh...

How about not spitting on anyone?

why not? because nebraska doesnt know any better obviously.
I wasnt condoning it just sayin that IF you are gonna spit at least pick someone who is big enough to stand up. chase did in the game sure enough

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:23 AM
It will be addressed either way tomorrow in the conference call.

Why would chase lie? The guy has credibility and isn't the type to throw a team under a bus or anything unless its legit.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
If it really happened there will be repercussions and a player suspended. That shit won't be tolerated by Pelini or Osborne.
Like I said I'm sure it's already being looked into and will be addressed in the conference call tomorrow.

if there's no video do you actually think the god(osbourne) or the dummy will admit to it?

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM

Nebraska isn't a bully of anything, if you can't beat em, spit on em?

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:26 AM
obviously you havent watched big 12 or big 8 football for long, nebraska was the conference bully for years and its nice to see some get back for the other teams, mu killin them and last year ku killin them

DeezNutz
10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
One of the biggest criticisms of Pelini was that he's someone who has a hard time controlling his emotions--see: personal foul against VT. Just one example.

Is Bo an upgrade? Yes, I'd say he is, but he better learn to check himself to establish the proper tone for his program. If the head coach is a joke on the sideline, fans should expect the players to follow his lead.

Saulbadguy
10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey Texas Tech fans,

We used to be good, so don't get so excited.

:ksu:

alanm
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Why would chase lie? The guy has credibility and isn't the type to throw a team under a bus or anything unless its legit.
Why are you so quick to assume that it's true?
Nebraska has no such history of Raiders type behavior.
Win or lose they play with class.
Just saying. If true I'm sure Osborne and Pelini will issue a apology tomorrow with the player making a statement.
It's how Nebraska rolls.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:29 AM
obviously you havent watched big 12 or big 8 football for long, nebraska was the conference bully for years and its nice to see some get back for the other teams, mu killin them and last year ku killin them

They haven't done shit in awhile, i don't consider them a bully, esp after that butt woopin and KU's 70 pointer on them last year. They were bullies when Tom Osbourne and the option mattered.

Saulbadguy
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Just saying. If true I'm sure Osborne and Pelini will issue a apology tomorrow with the player making a statement.
It's how Nebraska rolls.

ROFL

DeezNutz
10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
It's how Nebraska rolls.

Is this really how Pelini rolls? Does he seem like someone who is generally in control of himself?

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Because there's no reason for Chase Daniel to make it up...

Jesus... he just put 52 points on you. Why would it even occur to him to make up a story like that? It doesn't make any sense.

You're like a parent who thinks his child can do no wrong.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
They haven't done shit in awhile, i don't consider them a bully, esp after that butt woopin and KU's 70 pointer on them last year. They were bullies when Tom Osbourne and the option mattered.

thats why i said they had the bully mentality back when they actually mattered, look at the post

DeezNutz
10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Because there's no reason for Chase Daniel to make it up...

Jesus... he just put 52 points on you. Why would it even occur to him to make up a story like that? It doesn't make any sense.

Your like a parent who thinks his child can do no wrong.

Because lying about something, which would lead to an unbelievable amount of negative publicity, is the best approach when trying to win the Heisman (a glorified popularity contest).

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
thats why i said they had the bully mentality back when they actually mattered, look at the post

Did you read my post?? They aren't bullies of anything period??? What have those players actually done btw?? jack and shit! Tradition doesn't mean crap if you suck currently and have for awhile

alanm
10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Is this really how Pelini rolls? Does he seem like someone who is generally in control of himself?
He's got a lot of passion which I like. He needs to get his emotions under control. Like me it's an Italian thing. :D

alanm
10-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Did you read my post?? They aren't bullies of anything period??? What have those players actually done btw?? jack and shit! Tradition doesn't mean crap if you suck currently and have for awhile
Oz then why does it matter if they broke the streak last night if it doesn't matter?

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:37 AM
wow, i never said they WERE bullies, maybe you should chill man, read my posts again and think about what i said. then MAYBE you will see that i basically said the exact same thing as you in different words.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:39 AM
wow, i never said they WERE bullies, maybe you should chill man, read my posts again and think about what i said. then MAYBE you will see that i basically said the exact same thing as you in different words.
I am chill dude, jus' sayin'

It's OKAY, as herm say's

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Oz then why does it matter if they broke the streak last night if it doesn't matter?

It's a big 12 game and we haven't won. Why wouldn't anyone want to not break the streak? I wasn't worried about Nebraska, they haven't been a powerhouse in awhile...hopefully they do become good again and Mizzou stays that way as well.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I am chill dude, jus' sayin'

It's OKAY, as herm say's

just sayin what? the same thing as me then acting like im stupid?

DeezNutz
10-05-2008, 10:42 AM
He's got a lot of passion which I like. He needs to get his emotions under control. Like me it's an Italian thing. :D

I agree that you want someone who is passionate as can be. Hope for Husker fans that he learns to channel this in the most positive way possible.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM

I didn't say you were stupid, you said they were bullies, and they are not. Unless you mean "acting" like bullies. Im not the type to pile on you for no reason just cause other people think you act like a douche

vailpass
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
I enjoyed watching Missouri play yesterday and will watch with interest when they play a highly ranked opponent.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 10:44 AM

You sure seem to have a lot of trouble getting along on here. It couldn't be you could it?

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I didn't say you were stupid, you said they were bullies, and they are not. Unless you mean "acting" like bullies. Im not the type to pile on you for no reason just cause other people think you act like a douche

ok ok but what i originally said was that they had the bully mentality back when they mattered, and i dont try to act like a douche people just do that shit and ppile on when you have a differing opinion

Bob Dole
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow. Looks like Sam's got some splooge on his black skirt.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:46 AM
You sure seem to have a lot of trouble getting along on here. It couldn't be you could it?

maybe but look back at this issue and you will see that he is totally misquoting me.

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 10:48 AM
maybe but look back at this issue and you will see that he is totally misquoting me.Quit being a Sam Hall about it.

JASONSAUTO
Quit being a Sam Hall about it.

ROFL who the hell is sam hall?

Sure-Oz
ok ok but what i originally said was that they had the bully mentality back when they mattered, and i dont try to act like a douche people just do that shit and ppile on when you have a differing opinion
Then i have no problem, but these players weren't apart of those teams, that's all i was saying. Just because they were the UNI doesn't make them any good, and we know they didn't back anything up

KcMizzou
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
ROFL who the hell is sam hall?:doh!:

kstater

heh

Sure-Oz

ROFL

JASONSAUTO
ok agreed.

kstater
10-05-2008, 10:50 AM
ROFL who the hell is sam hall?

Yeah, you might actually try reading the thread.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, you might actually try reading the thread.

Yeah, i was kidding.

kstater
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah, i was kidding.

Oh that's right, you're the guy that just messes with people.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM

fuck you man, and i usually read all the posts in a thread before i say anything, just so you know.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:53 AM

little down after that ass whoppin you guys took yeaterday? hell i was in that thread before the whoopin got out of hand and you were civil.

kstater
10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
little down after that ass whoppin you guys took yeaterday? hell i was in that thread before the whoopin got out of hand and you were civil.

Not really, I expected the loss. I don't recall not being civil though. But I did have a few last night.

eazyb81
10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
What a fantastic game.

This Mizzou team is just flat-out dominant. But let's be honest, Nebraska is awful.

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:56 AM
hell we were in the college thread for quite a while and yeah it was early.

tomahawk kid
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
I love how all of these Mizzou haters say we have no tradition in football.

Go read on up Dan Devine and Don Faurot assclown...........

Paul Chistman?
Terry McMillan?
Mel Gray?
Kellen Winslow?
Phil Bradley?
Roger Wehrli?

I mean come the f#ck on........

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Not really, I expected the loss. I don't recall not being civil though. But I did have a few last night.

i said you were civil

JASONSAUTO
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
gotta go its time for the game

SPATCH
10-05-2008, 11:04 AM
so i was thinking about the game today, and i began to lawl...

husker football is the only thing nebraskans have. they live and breathe it.

...and seeing the utter devastation on all of those fans faces as missouri was taking a king-sized dump on their domes... GOD it was fucking hilarious.

They actually thought they might win ROFLROFLROFL

Frazod
10-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Just got home this morning and I knew it was going to be brutal on here...
But Tim... I expect better from you.

What did I say that isn't true?

Undisciplined, heavily penalized loser thugs who spit on people - how is that NOT Raider-like?

DJ's left nut
10-05-2008, 11:13 AM

You're right.

We have certainly been owned by this rambling, non-sensical sequence of non-sequiturs.

I believe the principal said it best: "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought..."

Valiant
10-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Not a fan of MU per say.. But I think you are confusing tradition with ancient history there Sam.. Any tradition you had has been gone quite a while.. Nebraska is not even a shell of what it once was, it is entire new program that has no parallels to their former selves..

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM

a bunch of tripe..........scoreboard

PastorMikH
10-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Gee Sam, did you take a dump in the woods and wipe with poison ivy or something?

:)

Ari Chi3fs
10-05-2008, 12:00 PM
This thread smells of a vagina without a much-needed douche.

PastorMikH
10-05-2008, 12:01 PM
They actually thought they might win ROFLROFLROFL

Heh, not just win, they thought they could shut us out.

:shake:

Ari Chi3fs
10-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, my name it is Sam Hall, Sam Hall.
Yes, my name it is Sam Hall; it is Sam Hall.
My name it is Sam Hall an' I hate you, one and all.
An' I hate you, one and all:
Damn MUrons.

We were good in the 80's; so they said.
We were good in the 80's; so they said.
They killed Callahan, they said an' smashed in his head.
An' they left him layin' dead,
Damn MUrons.

Mizzou_8541
10-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night.

That's exactly what you are doing.

I, a Missouri fan for 30 years, would be supremely satisfied with a Big 12 Championship.

The win last night was another step in that process.

Is your beer salty yet?

Jewish Rabbi
10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
This thread smells of a vagina without a much-needed douche.

No JASONSAUTO was in here.

Anyone else like how Sam Hall posted this then fled like a little girl without any rebuttals?

Edit - No offensive Luv :p

KCinNY
10-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Nebraska and their fans were just soooooo cute in the 1st quarter when they actually thought they had a chance.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a load of crap of me.

This

Bootlegged
10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzmAUXpbZ54&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzmAUXpbZ54&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Sam Hall has a serious case of the bitters.

alanm
10-05-2008, 01:46 PM
10:30 a.m.: Coach Bo Pelini reacted today to the post-game accusation made by Missouri's Chase Daniel (http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918&u_sid=10451496).

The senior quarterback said he was spit on by a Nebraska player before the game started.

Pelini said he didn't hear about that claim until this morning and he plans to do his best to look into it thoroughly.

"I'm going to try to get a hold of coach (Gary) Pinkel today and find out exactly what he's talking about," Pelini said. "That's news to me that something like that happened. And usually, you'd know about something like that.

"I'm going to investigate it and find out because that's unacceptable, if something like that happened."

Daniel also said after the game Saturday that the Huskers were one of the dirtiest teams he's faced. Pelini said he watched film and "didn't see dirty play out there."

Nebraska senior Zach Potter was called for an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit in the first quarter, but it was one of the few times the Huskers made contact with Daniel.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=10396039
Daniel better give up a name to Pinkel or else I'm calling bs.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2008, 01:48 PM
And when he gives up a name, if it's made public, that guy will deny it and you'll still call BS.

In short, nobody gives a large rat's ass if you call BS.

alanm
10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
And when he gives up a name, if it's made public, that guy will deny it and you'll still call BS.

In short, nobody gives a large rat's ass if you call BS.It matters to me left nut.

crazychiefsfan
10-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Tradition lol Nebraska has lost it. Lost it in the coaching, in the fans and in their house. To have Chase Danials go into Nebraska and throw the ball with such confidence without even a hint of intimidation shows that Nebraska has lost alot of tradition. The stuned silence of the fans after the first half mad me laugh the most

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alanm
10-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Tradition lol Nebraska has lost it. Lost it in the coaching, in the fans and in their house. To have Chase Danials go into Nebraska and throw the ball with such confidence without even a hint of intimidation shows that Nebraska has lost alot of tradition. The stuned silence of the fans after the first half mad me laugh the most

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Stay classy dude.

KChiefs1
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM

ROFL

Sam Hall
10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I love how all of these Mizzou haters say we have no tradition in football.

Go read on up Dan Devine and Don Faurot assclown...........

Paul Chistman?
Terry McMillan?
Mel Gray?
Kellen Winslow?
Phil Bradley?
Roger Wehrli?

I mean come the f#ck on........

That's not much compared to the programs you so desperately want to defeat.

redbrian
10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
There is a lot of truth to this thread. MU fans are enjoying it while it lasts because they havent won a national championship in anything relevant for a long long long time.....if ever, I dunno, I havent been alive since 1900.

Basketball once was their respectable sport while Norm was around.....even though he didnt do anything great. He was the Marty Schottenheimer of NCAA Bball. And their football program has been terrible to average for many many years.

This year they finally have the pieces to make a run for a national title. Their offense is the best in the country (I think at least) they have 2 heisman hopefuls along with 2-3 all american players.

This is their year to do it all if theyre gonna do it because if they don't do it this season, they won't do it for a long time. They may come close, but this offense is taylor made for Chase Daniel......he knows the offense like the back of his hand.

Whats better is that MU can run the ball and they can run it well, which makes this offense nearly unstoppable.

But once Daniel, Maclin, and Coffman are gone, This offense isn't going to be anywhere close to what is was this and last season.

I made this same argument to my dad this past basketball season, I told him if KU is going to win a national title they better do it this season because they have the talent to do so and everyone would be leaving after the season regardless.

The same goes for MU fball this season.

MU gets a 5 star recruit here and there. Texas and OU are flooded with the best talent in the NCAA year after year. OU and TX are always ranked in the preseason, usually top 10.

Unfortunately I don't see MU being ranked at all next season.....at least to start out with.

MU is loaded in the underclass......they have played every game and are gaining experince......next year no let down......

Saul Good
10-05-2008, 04:23 PM

You mean the program we just humiliated in their own stadium on homecoming?

Sam Hall
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I get home and this thread has over 100 replies. It hit a nerve with somebody. The reason you Mizzou fans don't like it is because you know it's true. I didn't expect you to agree.

As far as Nebraska losing its tradition? Every powerhouse has gone through an extended tough period. Mizzou fans wouldn't know. Tradition can't be lost. For example, just because Notre Dame is losing doesn't mean their tradition is gone. Nebraska and Notre Dame are on similar levels historically.

The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose.

Mizzou fans don't worry about tradition because it will take them a long time to develop it.

gblowfish
10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Read it and weep.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918&u_sid=10450989

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM

Like Army?

Sam Hall
10-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Like Army?

Nobody goes to Army to play football.

Frazod
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I get home and this thread has over 100 replies. It hit a nerve with somebody. The reason you Mizzou fans don't like it is because you know it's true. I didn't expect you to agree.

As far as Nebraska losing its tradition? Every powerhouse has gone through an extended tough period. Mizzou fans wouldn't know. Tradition can't be lost. For example, just because Notre Dame is losing doesn't mean their tradition is gone. Nebraska and Notre Dame are on similar levels historically.

Mizzou fans don't worry about tradition because it will take them a long time to develop it.

You and kc_connected would make a lovely couple. You really should start dating.

redbrian
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

NU has not been a powerhouse for a long time...they are in the past...they are starting from scratch and have a very long haul before kids will be flocking to play for NU again....

cdcox
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
You rebuild by good recruiting and then making the most of your talent. Tradition can help with recruiting, but only while you are good (or at least percieved to be). Tradition will help Ohio State get better atheletes than Missouri gets, even if Missouri ends up ranked higher. Tradition can help a sucky Penn State team, because there are lots of blue chip players in Pennsylvania, and the idea of helping the Nittny Lions return to greatness is appealing to large numbers of potential recruits. Tradition can help Miami Florida because 1) they are recruiting in talent rich Florida 2) they are recruiting nationally, and 3) lots of kids might like the idea of going to school in Florida.

Nebraska is demographically screwed. Among their fans that want to see them return to greatness are a very few blue chip prospects. To succeed, Nebraska has to recruit nationally. The tradition of Nebraska football isn't going to mean much to these kids; they didn't grow up with it. As years go by, they might not even be aware of it. And you have geography working against you. Who wants to go to college in Nebraska? Your tradition was a resource at one time. I don't think it means squat right now.

I'm not saying Nebraska will never be good again. I'm saying that your tradition isn't going to help in that process. You are in the same situation that any other team is that has aspirations of greatness. You're going to have to do it the hard way, one recruit at a time. One game at a time. Gains will be followed by set backs. There is no guarantees of success. Nebraska has squandered its birth right.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Enjoy your past tradition bullshit, while MU is doing well....we all know the chiefs had a tradition of getting to the playoffs every year in the 90's, wtf has that done for the Chiefs lately? About as much as Nebraska has done since the option was relevant. Enjoy being the new ND, with your tradition.

the Talking Can

your whining and crying is embarrassing in the same way this is embarrassing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWSjUe0FyxQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWSjUe0FyxQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ebolapox
Nobody goes to Army to play football.

yeah, but... at one point, they had as much if not MORE tradition than anybody in history--does that mean they are still in the spotlight?

cdcox
10-05-2008, 04:43 PM

The traditions of Notre Dame and Nebraska are no where near equivalent. Who ever made a hollywood movie about Nebraska football?

What world-wide religion considers playing for Nebrasaka a holy calling?

gblowfish
10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Did I mention Sam Hall can kiss my lemony fresh ass?

Sam Hall
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
You guys will continue to crave wins against Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. It's because they have things you don't have. Gary Pinkel and Ron Prince talked about being like Nebraska when they were hired.

As for me whining? You didn't see what I was saying all week. I thought Mizzou would win big. Nebraska will only win three more games this season.

Sam Hall
10-05-2008, 04:46 PM
The traditions of Notre Dame and Nebraska are no where near equivalent. Who ever made a hollywood movie about Nebraska football?

What world-wide religion considers playing for Nebrasaka a holy calling?

They're both in the top three all-time in wins. Nebraska beat the four horsemen.

cdcox
10-05-2008, 04:49 PM
They're both in the top three all-time in wins. Nebraska beat the four horsemen.

How many recruits know that?

How many have seen Rudy?

How many are Catholic?

luv
10-05-2008, 04:49 PM
You guys will continue to crave wins against Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. It's because they have things you don't have. Gary Pinkel and Ron Prince talked about being like Nebraska when they were hired.

As for me whining? You didn't see what I was saying all week. I thought Mizzou would win big. Nebraska will only win three more games this season.

MU has broken it's losing streak in Lincoln. I would think we crave a win against everyone we play. It's just that, from now on, we know NU will be a cupcake.

Bowser
10-05-2008, 05:00 PM
My favorite part of this thread is where the bitter KU fan piggybacks on the sour grapes eating Nebraska fan to get a shot in at Mizzou. A thing of beauty.

You started this shit with this lame thread, and you're making yourself look silly throwing wild haymakers with these "tradition" and 'history" references. Nebraska got EMBARRASSED last night, and it wasn't even as close as the 52-17 shows. And we realize you're having a hard time dealing with not only that, but the realization that Nebraska has a long road to walk to get close to the "tradition" you are so holding on to. Have your "tradition"; remeber those teams. Me, I look forward to the tradition that is to come for Missouri.

Brock
I love how nebraska fans still think the huskers matter.

KCinNY
Flawed logic? How's this for serene logic:

The scoreboard says you're our bitches now, Nebraska.

Bowser
10-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I love how nebraska fans still think the huskers matter.

It's all they have in sports. The Huskers were so dominant for so long, there are literally generations of Nebraska fans that have no idea how they can lose.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Your homefield is as great as Arrowhead now, congrats!

Saul Good
10-05-2008, 06:15 PM

It's great how you lump your team in with Oklahoma and Texas so as to piggyback on their success by associating your team with theirs. It's like a Royals fan saying that the Twins crave success against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Royals.

I guarantee that Oklahoma and Texas don't consider you to be on their level any more than the Yankees and Red Sox consider the Royals to be on their level.

Mizzou does crave victories against Texas and Oklahoma. Victories against those teams are what turn great teams into National Champions. We don't crave victories against Nebraska. We assume them.

eazyb81
10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
It's great how you lump your team in with Oklahoma and Texas so as to piggyback on their success by associating your team with theirs. It's like a Royals fan saying that the Twins crave success against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Royals.

I guarantee that Oklahoma and Texas don't consider you to be on their level any more than the Yankees and Red Sox consider the Royals to be on their level.

Mizzou does crave victories against Texas and Oklahoma. Victories against those teams are what turn great teams into National Champions. We don't crave victories against Nebraska. We assume them.

:clap:

Nice.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Poor Sam.

triple
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
can't pound missouri anymore - guess you'll have to go back to the sheep

Mizzou_8541
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM

Nebraska is in danger of losing an entire generation of fans.

Also, your tradition didn't keep Blaine Gabbert and Dan Hoch in Nub land.

Saulbadguy
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM

:eek:

WilliamTheIrish
10-05-2008, 06:48 PM
When I think of all time embarrassing threads I think of:Russ calling Hel'n's son's school.

I think of:Kotter's fake drunkenness.

Usually a poster only has one real doozy.

I think of An Open Letter To Bill Callahan.

And now this thread. Congrats Samwise, you've broken new ground.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2008, 06:52 PM
You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.I agree with much of what you wrote, but this doesn't make any sense. Pinkel's road has NOTHING to do with Pelini's abilities, or lack thereof.

Honestly, in a post about logic, this has to stand out as the worst example.

You know, on second thought, I'm sure this is cathartic for you after last night. Disregard my post, if you wish.

DeezNutz
10-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Is it fair to say that a team desperately craves a win when it pulls its starters at the start of the fourth?

Bearcat
10-05-2008, 07:13 PM

Dude... Notre Dame has won 13 NCs to Nebraska's 5. Also, in regards to tradition, Notre Dame has won at least one NC in 7 different decades, spanning 70 years, with one 15 year gap.

Nebraska's 5 NCs are all within 2 decades, 2 back-to-back in the 70s and 3 in 4 years in the 90s, with a 23 year gap in between.

Notre Dame gets coverage all the freakin' time, and the only way Nebraska can get on national TV is if they play a good team like Mizzou. Even outside of NBC's contract, Notre Dame doesn't even have to do that.

Nebraska's more like Penn State (well, except that Penn State is good at the moment)... won a lot of games and they've have had their moments. Nothing wrong with that, but Nebraska is no Notre Dame.

Ugh, you made me see Notre Dame in a good light... now I need a shower.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I read awhile back that, in order to schedule Notre Dame, you had to guarantee them 25% of the tickets in the stadium. They have a national following you see.

WilliamTheIrish
10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Sam:

damaticous
10-05-2008, 07:31 PM

I'm a Mizzou fan and agree with the above. Personally I believe that NFL KickAzz teams only last a few (at most, on average) seasons. How many seasons do a College Team KickAzzz?

To be completely honest I've only gotten interested in College the past few years because of MU.

with that being said, (as I was telling my significant other last night) how long will that last?

I hope the MU domination lasts longer than 5 years (in my heart), but (in my mind) I know the likely chance of that is slim.

Just like the NFL teams are really good for 4-5 years. then they suck for a while, then they get good again.

Personally, I'm thankful for MU. REason? It has piqued my interest in college football that has never been there before.

PastorMikH
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Awww Sam, it will be OK, you are just in denial right now. This is the same way Tigers fans talked back in the late 70s when we were half a dozen years into a 30 year spiral downward just like you all are right now.

Don't worry, one day, granted it may be halfway through your lifetime, but Nebraska will get back to winning again. (maybe). But in the meantime, you can find some comfort in the fact that after about 15 years of losing you get used to it and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

Skip Towne
10-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Awww Sam, it will be OK, you are just in denial right now. This is the same way Tigers fans talked back in the late 70s when we were half a dozen years into a 30 year spiral downward just like you all are right now.

Don't worry, one day, granted it may be halfway through your lifetime, but Nebraska will get back to winning again. (maybe). But in the meantime, you can find some comfort in the fact that after about 15 years of losing you get used to it and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

I agree but the NCAA no longer allows schools to "stockpile" players. The scholarship rules took care of that. Those rules were instigated mainly because of programs like Nebraska. It used to be that if Neb. found out KU wanted a kid they would sign him and bury him on the 5th string. Just to keep KU from getting him. The Nubs are pretty pathetic but football is all they have. Have you ever been to Nebraska?

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 08:54 PM
This is the same moron that posted this gem last year.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179024

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2008, 09:04 PM
In case you're interested in another point of view:

http://ajthoughts.blogspot.com/

Mosbonian
10-05-2008, 10:05 PM
The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose..

Would that include Yale, Princeton and Harvard? How about Army like was suggested before.

Traditional Powerhouses come and go....there are only a select few that remain and Nebraska isn't one. The closest to a true traditional powerhouse in the Big 8/12 is Oklahoma.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
10-05-2008, 10:09 PM

Your early week predictions don't offset the posturing that you are doing right now...in fact you are looking like the BB player who thought the sun was in his eyes when he dropped the ball on the cloudy day.

mmaddog

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Sam:

There is nothing you can say to me, K-Stater.

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 06:18 AM
My favorite part of this thread is where the bitter KU fan piggybacks on the sour grapes eating Nebraska fan to get a shot in at Mizzou. A thing of beauty.

You started this shit with this lame thread, and you're making yourself look silly throwing wild haymakers with these "tradition" and 'history" references. Nebraska got EMBARRASSED last night, and it wasn't even as close as the 52-17 shows. And we realize you're having a hard time dealing with not only that, but the realization that Nebraska has a long road to walk to get close to the "tradition" you are so holding on to. Have your "tradition"; remeber those teams. Me, I look forward to the tradition that is to come for Missouri.

Good luck after Daniel, Maclin and Coffman leave.

This season won't mean anything if OU beats you.

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 06:20 AM
When I think of all time embarrassing threads I think of:Russ calling Hel'n's son's school.

I think of:Kotter's fake drunkenness.

Usually a poster only has one real doozy.

I think of An Open Letter To Bill Callahan.

And now this thread. Congrats Samwise, you've broken new ground.

you break new ground every time you post

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Mizzou fans trying to rip Nebraska's historical success just goes to show how little they know.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2008, 07:00 AM
muh-muh-muh meltdown!

Saulbadguy
10-06-2008, 07:08 AM
There is nothing you can say to me, K-Stater.
William speaks the truth. This is an embarrassing thread for you.

The Bad Guy
10-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Mizzou fans trying to rip Nebraska's historical success just goes to show how little they know.

I'm no real fan of a college football team, but this is fucking bullshit.

You know who cares about history? The fans of teams that currently suck. You only hear Yankee fans ir talking about 10 years ago because their teams now are awful.

Nebraska's teams lately have been dogshit.

Keep preaching history, moron.

Short Leash Hootie
10-06-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm no real fan of a college football team, but this is f***ing bullshit.

You know who cares about history? The fans of teams that currently suck. You only hear Yankee fans ir talking about 10 years ago because their teams now are awful.

Nebraska's teams lately have been dogshit.

Keep preaching history, moron.
THE CARDINALS HAVE 10 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

The Bad Guy
10-06-2008, 07:21 AM

I guess since they won 2 years ago, they can talk about that, but I just never understood why preaching about history made one bit of difference.

kepp
10-06-2008, 07:24 AM
...he just put 52 points on you...

ROFL ...in three quarters :)

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 07:39 AM
William speaks the truth. This is an embarrassing thread for you.

I'm not afraid to speak my mind, even if it makes people mad. Some people in this thread have said my original post was truthful. I'm not taking it back. There's a reason why Mizzou fans wanted me to feel their pain.

It's just like what I said when the Giants reached the Super Bowl. Lots of people were unhappy because they wanted to see Favre play New England.

luv
10-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Would someone let Sam have the last word, so this thread can die?

nychief
10-06-2008, 07:45 AM

its like listening to freakin' Yankee fan.

Skip Towne
10-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Indiana used to have good basketball teams.

Gonzo
10-06-2008, 08:14 AM

This would have gon a lot better for you if you'd just come in and said "congrats on a nice win. We'll see what happens in a few years." or something of the like. You don't have to tell us how good the Huskers were 20 yrs ago. We all know. Of course they were good since they recruited from the local Juvy Hall. Those dudes played mean!

The Huskers will regain respectabillity soon but for now they are a joke. Take your lumps, they are deserved. Enjoy another 70-10 ass whoopin by Texas Tech on Saturday btw.

Frazod
10-06-2008, 08:20 AM

Hey dumbass, tell me again how the Cubs have no weaknesses. LMAO

MOhillbilly
10-06-2008, 08:29 AM
I guess since they won 2 years ago, they can talk about that, but I just never understood why preaching about history made one bit of difference.

The only thing at Redskins park from the 1st gibbs era during the 2nd gibbs era was the SB trophies. right up front.

Bootlegged
10-06-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm not afraid to speak my mind, even if it makes people mad. Some people in this thread have said my original post was truthful. I'm not taking it back. There's a reason why Mizzou fans wanted me to feel their pain.

It's just like what I said when the Giants reached the Super Bowl. Lots of people were unhappy because they wanted to see Favre play New England.

We came into your house and pissed all over it. We took your beer, groped your wife, then wiped dog shit all over your carpet on the way out. Deal with it.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 08:35 AM

Nobody is ripping "Nebraska's historical success". You're getting ripped for trying to put Nebraska in some sort of superior light in the wake of their drubbing at Missouri's hands. You have a huge case of denial about the state of your team right now.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 08:38 AM
This season won't mean anything if OU beats you.

And I am perfectly aware that there is an excellent chance OU beats Mizzou in the title game (Stoops just has Pinkel's number), and this season is still going to mean a ton for Mizzou fans. Having two possible Heisman contenders and having a chance at a BCS bowl will do that.

Bootlegged
10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
:deevee:

bowener
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Mizzou fans care so much about the past successes of defeated rivals that NOBODY is even talking about the game on campus. It is over. We won. Nebraska was great at times in the past, but in the present they suck. Recruiting is going to get hard for them and it could get very ugly before it gets better.
Mizzou has a 30 year gap in success. We celebrate our tradition of losing by being absolutely fucking tickled pink by winning all the damn time, and by huge margins. Lets hope we can keep it up and begin a new era in the tradition of the Missouri Tigers. I hope the big red can rebound so that our future meetings are more exciting and worthwhile.

gblowfish
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree. Mizzou needs to concentrate on OSU. That'll be a much tougher game. They better focus or it could be trouble.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Mizzou fans care so much about the past successes of defeated rivals that NOBODY is even talking about the game on campus. It is over. We won. Nebraska was great at times in the past, but in the present they suck. Recruiting is going to get hard for them and it could get very ugly before it gets better.
Mizzou has a 30 year gap in success. We celebrate our tradition of losing by being absolutely f***ing tickled pink by winning all the damn time, and by huge margins. Lets hope we can keep it up and begin a new era in the tradition of the Missouri Tigers. I hope the big red can rebound so that our future meetings are more exciting and worthwhile.

MU isnt big enough of a program to consistently lure in the best talent in the nation. Top 100 rivals players go to schools like OU TX USC ND OSU MICH FSU FLA MIA PENNST WISC and so on.

After Daniel, Maclin, Coffman, Hood, Weatherspoon, Moore leave, MU fball will go back to mediocrity. Pinkel was lucky enough to taylor made an offense that is explosive and to have a QB thats good enough and knows it just as good as the coaches do.

If MU is going to make a run at the NC, they MUST do it this year......because if not, they won't for a very long time. Theyre simply not a big enough of a program that players will recognize and wanna come to. That's Pinkels next biggest obstacle.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
MU isnt big enough of a program to consistently lure in the best talent in the nation. Top 100 rivals players go to schools like OU TX USC ND OSU MICH FSU FLA MIA PENNST WISC and so on.

After Daniel, Maclin, Coffman, Hood, Weatherspoon, Moore leave, MU fball will go back to mediocrity. Pinkel was lucky enough to taylor made an offense that is explosive and to have a QB thats good enough and knows it just as good as the coaches do.

If MU is going to make a run at the NC, they MUST do it this year......because if not, they won't for a very long time. Theyre simply not a big enough of a program that players will recognize and wanna come to. That's Pinkels next biggest obstacle.

You sound as bitter as Sam. The thing Pinkel has going for him is that he actually makes an effort to get his freshmen in the game, especially during a rout. I think young kids will see this and want to play for a coach with that mentality.

Sully
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
We came into your house and pissed all over it. We took your beer, groped your wife, then wiped dog shit all over your carpet on the way out. Deal with it.

The ARISTOCRATS!!!!!!

...oh...wait...different joke...

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM

If MU is going to make a run at the NC, they MUST do it this year......because if not, they won't for a very long time. Theyre simply not a big enough of a program that players will recognize and wanna come to. That's Pinkels next biggest obstacle.Mediocrity? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think 8-4 next year is the benchmark and 9-3 certainly isn't out of the question. The O-Line will be very good, D-Wash et al. will be excellent, and Denario, Perry, Jones, Jackson, Kemp, etc. will be fine (and that's assuming Maclin goes pro). Gabbert won't play like Daniel, but he won't have to.

The defense is where things get interesting. Losing Moore, Christopher and Hood will be big. Losing Garrett and Bridges won't matter much. If Spoon stays, he and Lambert will be fine as LBs. Gachkar would be the third when one is needed. Replacing Sulak and Chavis could be difficult as well. Current true freshman Jacques Smith will start on one side and I'd imagine Coulter will start on the other. Kenji Jackson will man one safety spot with Howard or Ricks at the other spot.

Given our schedule next year, I think MU will be fine.

Rausch
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Mediocrity? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think 8-4 next year is the benchmark and 9-3 certainly isn't out of the question. The O-Line will be very good, D-Wash et al. will be excellent, and Denario, Perry, Jones, Jackson, Kemp, etc. will be fine (and that's assuming Maclin goes pro). Gabbert won't play like Daniel, but he won't have to.

The defense is where things get interesting. Losing Moore, Christopher and Hood will be big. Losing Garrett and Bridges won't matter much. If Spoon stays, he and Lambert will be fine as LBs. Gachkar would be the third when one is needed. Replacing Sulak and Chavis could be difficult as well. Current true freshman Jacques Smith will start on one side and I'd imagine Coulter will start on the other. Kenji Jackson will man one safety spot with Howard or Ricks at the other spot.

All that said, yeah, we're boom or bust this year.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Mediocrity? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think 8-4 next year is the benchmark and 9-3 certainly isn't out of the question. The O-Line will be very good, D-Wash et al. will be excellent, and Denario, Perry, Jones, Jackson, Kemp, etc. will be fine (and that's assuming Maclin goes pro). Gabbert won't play like Daniel, but he won't have to.

Gone is the great field position Maclin provided for MU that and some TD's.

Gabbert WILL have to play like Daniel in order for this kinda offense to be as effective, especially if the defense will take a step back like I expect.

Gone is Coffman.......HUUUUGE loss, though the other TE is going to be good someday....just not next year.

Spoon won't stay.....he'll be a first day pick.

Not to mention that Dave Christenson (MU off coord) will at some point in the next 2 years will get a HC offer. You can almost assure that.

I'm not being bitter.....I'm just trying to look at reality and look at what MU will be missing. I'm just saying that Pinkel has a long ways to go before kids will start recognizing MU as a school to play football at. But MU is a great team, top 5 is well deserving of this team. I think MU would smoke anyone in the God forsaken SEC.

Most powerhouse programs reload, not rebuild. MU is still that rebuilding stage in it's program and will be a while before they can start reloading, it will take lots of consistent success and conference titles.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
All that said, yeah, we're boom or bust this year.Sure, and we certainly have opportunities for bust. OSU, Texas, OU in the title game will all give MU all they want.

Back on topic of Nebraska, I still can't figure out what their fans are thinking. Before the season, many on their boards were predicting a 10-2 or 9-3 record, which is still theoretically possible. However, I don't see that team doing anything near that. Most believed that Bo would bring intensity and fire to the defense which would improve them to a top 25-30 defense (it was noted that the talent was there; they just needed the brilliant coaching). If you saw the game on Saturday, you know that isn't happening with that group. Heck, there were many Husker fans predicting a win over MU due to some super-secret defensive scheme that had them and their coaches giddy. The 3-3-5 was tried by Arkansas last year and equaled fail. Glass-half-full is great, but some of this was just nuts.

eazyb81
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Ignorant post, but I'm sure that what you were going for.

1. All the great players you mentioned were 3 star recruits or less except for Maclin. Daniel was a 3 star, Weatherspoon was a 2 star, Moore was a 2 star, Coffman was a 3, Ziggy was a 3.

2. Thus, it's obvious that this coaching staff is highly adept at coaching up players and finding the diamonds in the rough that fit their style of play. If something happens once or twice you can say it's an aberration, but at this point it's a trend that Pinkel & co. will continue to find athletic, under the radar 2 and 3 star players that will be great in this system.

Now that we're getting looks at commitments from elite 4 and 5 star players, the future looks even brighter. Understandably we'll fall off next year due to losing so much top-shelf talent, but the program will be fine.

Might want to do more research before attempting to sound intelligent when talking college football.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Indiana used to have good basketball teams.

So did San Francisco, Seattle, NC State, Houston, and UNLV...

KChiefs1
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Here are some examples that disprove your contention:

1960's:
Minnesota
Purdue
Mississippi
Michigan State

1970's:
Houston
Arizona State
Pittsburgh
Stanford
NC State

1980's:
Iowa
SMU
Texas A&M

1990's:
Texas A&M
Kansas State
Syracuse
Washington

I know Nebraska has had tradition since Bob Devaney took over the program in 1962 followed by Tom Osborne...what were they before that? Do you guys realize that if Osborne hadn't taken over the program that you guys would be just like Kansas State is now? Scary huh?

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Ignorant post, but I'm sure that what you were going for.

1. All the great players you mentioned were 3 star recruits or less except for Maclin. Daniel was a 3 star, Weatherspoon was a 2 star, Moore was a 2 star, Coffman was a 3, Ziggy was a 3.

2. Thus, it's obvious that this coaching staff is highly adept at coaching up players and finding the diamonds in the rough that fit their style of play. If something happens once or twice you can say it's an aberration, but at this point it's a trend that Pinkel & co. will continue to find athletic, under the radar 2 and 3 star players that will be great in this system.

Now that we're getting looks at commitments from elite 4 and 5 star players, the future looks even brighter. Understandably we'll fall off next year due to losing so much top-shelf talent, but the program will be fine.

Might want to do more research before attempting to sound intelligent when talking college football.

A Trend?!?!? MU has been good for 1 year. BTW Chase and Coffman both were 4 stars.

You can have all the 2-3 star players you want......but when it comes down to it we are gonna get beat by schools like Texas and Oklahoma.

KChiefs1
10-06-2008, 12:10 PM
MU isnt big enough of a program to consistently lure in the best talent in the nation.

They're simply not a big enough of a program that players will recognize and wanna come to. That's Pinkels next biggest obstacle.

The MU football program hasn't been in better hands with Pinkel at the helm since Dan Devine roamed the sidelines at Mizzou.:D

eazyb81
10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
A Trend?!?!? MU has been good for 1 year. BTW Chase and Coffman both were 4 stars.

No you buffoon, they were both 3 stars.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=27095

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=26802

And yes, there is a trend of developing 2 and 3 star recruits into outstanding, All-Big 12-type players. Do some research and you will see that the majority of our best players were not elite recruits.

You can have all the 2-3 star players you want......but when it comes down to it we are gonna get beat by schools like Texas and Oklahoma.

Good comeback. Way to use a lot of compelling evidence.

kepp
10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
BTW Chase and Coffman both were 4 stars.

Chase: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1166259

Weatherspoon: http://missouri.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=64420

Moore: http://missouri.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?sport=1&sid=898&player=36360

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Chase: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1166259

Weatherspoon: http://missouri.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=64420

Moore: http://missouri.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?sport=1&sid=898&player=36360

Amazing the development, 3 star, 2 star and 3 star....probably 3 of our best players and Moore is a definite 1st rounder

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
The point is the best players go to the best programs......MU isn't one of those.....no on here can argue that. Until that happens they won't be known as a football school.

Same with basketball. You see most McD's kids go to Duke , UNC, KU, UCLA, Kentucky and so on......guess what......they are always in the hunt the for the national title year in and year out. It's not hard to figure out.

MU is losing a lot after this season. People underestimate how great Chase Daniel is with this offense. after he's gone the most important position in this offense goes to someone with less experience......Good luck.

But this whole argument is about MU wanting to have what OU TX and NEB have. Those are football programs. NEB has been having down seasons recently but they still get cream of the crop talent. MUs had a nice little run of a couple years being a great team and fun as shit to watch on offense.

But after this season and unlike teams like TX and OU that can just reload, MU will have some years where they win 7 games.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Definetly admit this is Mizzou's year to go for a National Title after that success will be there, but it may take time to build a national contender again. Chase is probably one of those once in a long while QB's honestly, he'll be a mizzou legend when its over.

KChiefs1
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
NEB has been having down seasons recently but they still get cream of the crop talent.

Seriously?ROFL

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Seriously?ROFL

Bet NEB has more talent in the NFL since Pinkel has been HC for MU.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
The point is the best players go to the best programs......MU isn't one of those.....no on here can argue that. Until that happens they won't be known as a football school.

Same with basketball. You see most McD's kids go to Duke , UNC, KU, UCLA, Kentucky and so on......guess what......they are always in the hunt the for the national title year in and year out. It's not hard to figure out.

MU is losing a lot after this season. People underestimate how great Chase Daniel is with this offense. after he's gone the most important position in this offense goes to someone with less experience......Good luck.

But this whole argument is about MU wanting to have what OU TX and NEB have. Those are football programs. NEB has been having down seasons recently but they still get cream of the crop talent. MUs had a nice little run of a couple years being a great team and fun as shit to watch on offense.

But after this season and unlike teams like TX and OU that can just reload, MU will have some years where they win 7 games.

You're kind of a clown to put Nebraska in that mix.... they can't go and out-recruit Mizzou in Texas, they can't out-recruit OU in Texas, they can't out-recruit USC, OU, Texas in California... Nebraska will be down for quite some time.

KChiefs1
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM

Did you watch the game on Saturday?
You think that Nebraska team has more talent on it than Mizzou?ROFL

eazyb81
10-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Mizzou is going to probably have 3 or 4 1st round picks this year. Pinkel came to Mizzou when we were down, but it's obvious to most competent observers that the program has done a 180.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Mizzou is going to probably have 3 or 4 1st round picks this year. Pinkel came to Mizzou when we were down, but it's obvious to most competent observers that the program has done a 180.

Bullshit

Tell me you think Chase Daniel is a 1st rounder........PLEASE tell me you think that!!!

KC Kings
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
You sound as bitter as Sam. The thing Pinkel has going for him is that he actually makes an effort to get his freshmen in the game, especially during a rout. I think young kids will see this and want to play for a coach with that mentality.

Exactly. Pinkle, and the relationships that he delevopes with the players makes for a much better team. The week that camp started a frehman DE from Raytown got a phone call from the NCAA Clearinghouse saying that he was under investigation about 1 trimester of math missing from his freshman year of high school. Had he known, he would have retaken it but since he had already taken college courses over the summer it was not possible to retake the trimester.

This was the first week of camp with an issue regarding an 18 DE that was going to be redshirted. Pinkle called his father and sent 2 letters to the clearinghouse that were not required, (a bunch if legal work was done in the back ground). He ended up being waived and got to rejoin practice after a week, but the point is that Pinkle went the extra mile. The sports community is much smaller than you think, and those little acts will go a long way.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Bullshit

Tell me you think Chase Daniel is a 1st rounder........PLEASE tell me you think that!!!

Daniel>Ganz or anything Nebraska shits out

If Chase was 6'2" he'd probable be up there

eazyb81
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Bullshit

You are a fucking moron. Seriously, you know absolutely nothing about college football.

Maclin and Moore are definite 1st round picks. In the latest mocks I've seen, Coffman and Hood are also in the 1st round. If Weatherspoon comes out, he has a shot at the 1st round.

Who from Nebraska is going in the 1st round?

That's what I thought.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 12:56 PM

You can have all the 2-3 star players you want......but when it comes down to it we are gonna get beat by schools like Texas and Oklahoma.Rivals has both Coffman and Daniel as 3 star prospects. Weatherspoon was a 2. Sulak was a 2. Hood was a 2 (he may have been bumped to a 3 just prior to signing, I can't recall.) Moore was a 3. Of course, Brad Smith was a 2. Rucker was a 3. Fisher was a 2 that bumped to a 3, IIRC. Saunders was a 2. Franklin a 3.

DeezNutz
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
If KC loses out, we might have a chance at drafting Daniel in the top 5. This would be great because he's a duel threat.

Demonpenz
10-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Danials can run and pass making him a duel threat

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Those are football programs. NEB has been having down seasons recently but they still get cream of the crop talent.Are you suggesting that NU gets better recruits than MU?

Frazod
10-06-2008, 01:00 PM

If Chase was 6'2" Colt McCoy would be riding a clipboard. Personally, I'm glad he's 5'-whatever.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Are you suggesting that NU gets better recruits than MU?

Apparently, i wonder if he is one of them?

DeezNutz
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Danials can run and pass making him a duel threat

I hope race doesn't affect his draft stock. This would be wrong.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:02 PM

I didn't question whether Daniel is better than Ganz? Daniel is the better QB. You have to be a fucktard not to see that.

Problem is Daniel is 5'10 at most (I see him all the time he is not 6ft, trust me) and the combine will prove that.

And Daniel, like Kingsbury, Chang, and Brennan, are specifically system QB's, and more so Daniel, because he hasn't been exposed to any other offense other than the spread, Daniel is very very accurate and doesn't make bad decisions, which is what he has going for him....but physically his arm isn't too strong, i mean it's ok but doesn't stand out by any means.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
If KC loses out, we might have a chance at drafting Daniel in the top 5. This would be great because he's a duel threat.No, Daniel won't even be a first day pick. I imagine someone will take a flier in the 5th or 6th round, but I wouldn't expect much higher.

KC Kings
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM

Is NEB a football school?
I am just wondering, since Gabbart reneged on his word to NEB and went to Mizzou?

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
You are a f***ing moron. Seriously, you know absolutely nothing about college football.

Maclin and Moore are definite 1st round picks. In the latest mocks I've seen, Coffman and Hood are also in the 1st round. If Weatherspoon comes out, he has a shot at the 1st round.

Who from Nebraska is going in the 1st round?

That's what I thought.

Coffman has been said to be a 2nd rd pick......they actually said that in the NEB game.

Weatherspoon nor Hood won't be first rd picks. Moore and Maclin are the only 2.

tomahawk kid
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM

I couldn't argue with that - but it's not fair to say that Missouri has "No Football Tradition".

That's just BS.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM
God some MU fans are fucking crybabies ......jesus.

eazyb81
10-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Coffman has been said to be a 2nd rd pick......they actually said that in the NEB game.

Weatherspoon nor Hood won't be first rd picks. Moore and Maclin are the only 2.

Kiper and McShay have him in the top 20, NFLDC has him at 22.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Ruud is the only real talent in the NFL from Nebraska. Hell KU has more real talent in the NFL than Nebraska....

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
God some MU fans are f***ing crybabies ......jesus.Presenting facts = crybabies? I guess I would prefer that to the ignorant fabrications that you produce. That's just my opinion, though.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I couldn't argue with that - but it's not fair to say that Missouri has "No Football Tradition".

That's just BS.

They really dont. Yeah I'm sure they have their fair share of All Americans in the past, but most people in the college football nation view tradition as national prominance, winning national titles, having mult Heisman trophy winners etc.

People would view teams like ND OU, TX USC and would say they have tradition of winning program.......MU not so much.....at least yet.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
What is tradition doing for Notre Dame lately, or the Miami's, Florida States?? Their recruits are so dominant they can't crack the top 25

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 01:23 PM
When was the last time NU beat a top 20 team? It seems like it's been a while.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-06-2008, 01:24 PM
If Nebraska and their fans think this week was bad.. just wait, Texas Tech will hang 70 on them and feel good about doing it.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Ruud is the only real talent in the NFL from Nebraska. Hell KU has more real talent in the NFL than Nebraska....

Adam Carriker? DeMarrio Williams Josh Bullocks? (I think he went there)

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:26 PM
What is tradition doing for Notre Dame lately, or the Miami's, Florida States?? Their recruits are so dominant they can't crack the top 25

Traditionally those programs have A LOT more history than fuckin MU

Jesus Christ people....

KChiefs1
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
When was the last time NU beat a top 20 team? It seems like it's been a while.

Nebraska is Baylor with tradition.ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
If Nebraska and their fans think this week was bad.. just wait, Texas Tech will hang 70 on them and feel good about doing it.I saw the line at Tech -21.

ImAWalkingCorpse
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Adam Carriker? DeMarrio Williams Josh Bullocks? (I think he went there)

All 3 of those not doing anything to help their teams win, hell Bullocks plays on an awful defense... Carriker playing for the Rams and well Williams.... Chiefs. Ruud is the only real NFL talent (up to this point).

Frazod
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
If Nebraska and their fans think this week was bad.. just wait, Texas Tech will hang 70 on them and feel good about doing it.

We SHOULD have hung 70 on them, just to do it. Pinkel was far too nice shutting down at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Traditionally those programs have A LOT more history than f***in MU

Jesus Christ people....

Nice and dandy but wtf have they done lately?

Frazod
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Nebraska is Baylor with tradition.ROFL

Ouch LMAO

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
All 3 of those not doing anything to help their teams win, hell Bullocks plays on an awful defense... Carriker playing for the Rams and well Williams.... Chiefs. Ruud is the only real NFL talent (up to this point).

Yeah look at all of those NFL stars Pinkel has produced......Brad Smith converted WR.

I can't remember if Gage was Pinkel's recruit....I dont think he was.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Nice and dandy but wtf have they done lately?

Thats cool......what the fuck has MU done in the last 100 yrs or so up to last season?

Listen I'm happy that MU is doing well and has a NC calibur team, And I do think the only team that can beat them is OU.....maybe TX, but to say they have program tradition such as "well known by most Americans" football schools like OU TX Bama, FLA, OSU, NEB, Mich, FSU, Miami etc is just silly.

I understand MU fans are excited because really they've never tasted success in any relative sport. Not trying to talk shit but it's the truth. But some people on here are just fucking stupid about it.

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Here are some examples that disprove your contention:

1960's:
Minnesota
Purdue
Mississippi
Michigan State

1970's:
Houston
Arizona State
Pittsburgh
Stanford
NC State

1980's:
Iowa
SMU
Texas A&M

1990's:
Texas A&M
Kansas State
Syracuse
Washington

Those are hardly traditional powerhouses. They weren't good enough for a long enough period of time before they disappeared.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I understand MU fans are excited because really they've never tasted success in any relative sport. Not trying to talk shit but it's the truth. But some people on here are just f***ing stupid about it.What is the truth? Exactly what point are you attempting to make? About what are you suggesting that people are stupid?

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I know Nebraska has had tradition since Bob Devaney took over the program in 1962 followed by Tom Osborne...what were they before that? Do you guys realize that if Osborne hadn't taken over the program that you guys would be just like Kansas State is now? Scary huh?

They have been playing football since 1890. Nebraska competed with Notre Dame in the days of Knute Rockne.

Midnight_Vulture
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Misery is SCREWED after this year. Their inbred fans better enjoy it this year cause all their star players will be in the NFL next season.

Back to mediocrity for Misery hahaha

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
What is the truth? Exactly what point are you attempting to make? About what are you suggesting that people are stupid?

Because the one thing that got all of the MU fans panties in a bunch is the fact the MU wants what NEB OU and TX have.....thats football tradition.....MU doesn't have that and every MU fan starts crying and stating otherwise with their retarded arguments.

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
As far as recruits not knowing the traditions at places like Nebraska and Notre Dame? I don't know why they wouldn't.

About recruiting rankings: I think Rivals.com and Scout.com are frauds. I don't believe them. Many of Callahan's 4-star and 5-star recruits aren't very good. You saw several of them Saturday on defense, especially the seniors. Tom Osborne brings in the country's best defensive coach, and they still stink.

Brock
10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
MU just wants to win, the same as any other team. Saying they want this BS "100 years of tradition" crap that doesn't mean anything at all is pretty stupid. It's basically the same thing that I said last year when MU fans were bagging on KU for being a "tradition since September". That garbage means nothing. People are going to need to start pulling their heads out of their asses and realize that college football has changed dramatically in the past 10 years. It doesn't matter who you used to be, it only matters what you are doing now.

OnTheWarpath58
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
MU just wants to win, the same as any other team. Saying they want this BS "100 years of tradition" crap that doesn't mean anything at all is pretty stupid. It's basically the same thing that I said last year when MU fans were bagging on KU for being a "tradition since September". That garbage means nothing. People are going to need to start pulling their heads out of their asses and realize that college football has changed dramatically in the past 10 years. It doesn't matter who you used to be, it only matters what you are doing now.

:clap:

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Because the one thing that got all of the MU fans panties in a bunch is the fact the MU wants what NEB OU and TX have.....thats football tradition.....MU doesn't have that and every MU fan starts crying and stating otherwise with their retarded arguments.I don't want "tradition." I want to win every game going forward. OU doesn't sit around and talk about the past; they want to win now. "Tradition" is only as good as the support/players it helps you to accumulate. NU has fans and facilities due to their tradition. MU has facilities and talent and is rebuilding the fanbase, tradition or no.

I would guess that T-Bone's $ will provide enough "tradition" that OSU will have facilities, talent, and fans in short order. Perhaps they can even get a coach.

Spott
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
We may not have a lot of past tradition, but we have started a new one the past couple of years. This one includes beating Nebraska by 5 TD's when we play them. Congrats on your tradition, but we are going to thump the cornhumpers again next year, too.

Sam Hall
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't want "tradition." I want to win every game going forward. OU doesn't sit around and talk about the past; they want to win now. "Tradition" is only as good as the support/players it helps you to accumulate. NU has fans and facilities due to their tradition. MU has facilities and talent and is rebuilding the fanbase, tradition or no.

OU is happy to talk about their past. However, I wouldn't trade the Huskers' tradition for the Sooners'. They can keep their probation violations.

I'm not emphasizing tradition because NU is down. The point is Mizzou isn't as great as their fans think. Mizzou fans made Saturday's game more dramatic than it was going to be. Right now, Nebraska is where Mizzou usually has been.

Spott
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Right now, Nebraska is where Mizzou usually has been.

Get used to it.

kcchiefsus
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
OU is happy to talk about their past. However, I wouldn't trade the Huskers' tradition for the Sooners'. They can keep their probation violations.

I'm not emphasizing tradition because NU is down. The point is Mizzou isn't as great as their fans think. Mizzou fans made Saturday's game more dramatic than it was going to be. Right now, Nebraska is where Mizzou usually has been.

Again, this whole thread is sour grapes. Shut the fuck up and go cheer for your shitty as team and ugly fucking coach.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Stop living in the past...yeah great they won in 1997, no one cares now....back it up by being the powerhouse again. Goodluck getting a lawrence phillips and tommie frazier to run the option with success now.

Frazod
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM

God, will you ever shut up? :shake:

I actually think you're enough of a bitch to play defense for the Huskers. You should call Dicknose and see if he can fit you with a Blackskirt.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
The point is Mizzou isn't as great as their fans think. Mizzou fans made Saturday's game more dramatic than it was going to be. Right now, Nebraska is where Mizzou usually has been.How great do we think Mizzou is? I have posted several times that I think OSU will give us a good scare this Saturday. I've noted that we could very well lose at Texas. How is Mizzou less-great than that? What metric are you attempting to use?

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Stop living in the past...yeah great they won in 1997, no one cares now....back it up by being the powerhouse again. Goodluck getting a lawrence phillips and tommie frazier to run the option with success now.I think Phillips will be out of jail in 10 years or so.

|Zach|
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't feel like the different sides of this discussion are actually making the arguments the other side feels it is.

I don't think most Mizzou fans are trying to convince anyone we have the tradition of some of the programs listed (maybe I am missing something?) but obviously have no problem feeling like we have the quality team we have.

CoMoChief
10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't want "tradition." I want to win every game going forward. OU doesn't sit around and talk about the past; they want to win now. "Tradition" is only as good as the support/players it helps you to accumulate. NU has fans and facilities due to their tradition. MU has facilities and talent and is rebuilding the fanbase, tradition or no.

I would guess that T-Bone's $ will provide enough "tradition" that OSU will have facilities, talent, and fans in short order. Perhaps they can even get a coach.

Uhhh OU does win now last time I checked. :spock:

|Zach|
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Uhhh OU does win now last time I checked. :spock:

You are being overly dramatic about all of this.

smittysbar
10-06-2008, 04:02 PM

Tradition.......so you got that going for ya

Who gives a fuck! Got your junk handed to you, then come on here throwing around a tradition card? Hope the traditions comfort you through your time of powder puff football. Yes MU fans wanted to go there and win, kinda the fucking point, ain't it there Opie. Truly a dumb thread.

Saulbadguy
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137293

JASONSAUTO
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM

MU has some boosters with pretty deep pockets also. Which is a good thing for ANY program that wants to win

WilliamTheIrish
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I understand the ocean levels continues to rise due meltdowns of this proportion.