PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Any brave souls?

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Anyone who's going to defend Herm? Anyone?

kstater
10-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Weren't you defending Herm?

Phobia
10-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I think you should flipflopflipflopflipflop again, Claythan. It's okay. Everyone expects it.

cdcox
10-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sure he's a good husband and a fine father. He is physically fit.

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Brave?

That's being brave?

You need to check your chromosome count if you defend Herm.

Only a complete fucking dickbag like you would defend a coach that has won once over the last year and got blown out 34-0 today.

I'm sure though, you could find at least 10 people on the WPI board to defend Herm.

evolve27
10-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Fuck Herm.

Ultra Peanut
10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
lol

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Herm is a butt munch

oaklandhater
10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I think you should flipflopflipflopflipflop again, Claythan. It's okay. Everyone expects it.

Yea wtf take a stand Gochiefs

JuicesFlowing
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Loaded revolver, shot glass, ledge. Oh, and noose nearby. A worse performance, I cannot imagine. I'm going to go watch a movie and escape reality. I'm not even mad right now, I'm numb.

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Herm is a butt munch

Is that an improvement?

Dave Lane
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM

Ummm Clayton I thought he was your love child... :)

oaklandhater
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Is that an improvement?

weren't you all up on herm's balls last week Take a stand you women.

banyon
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193417

Yes, Laz. That makes complete sense. I'm sure Herm, having played cornerback in the NFL, has no idea about the techniques involved.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5084008#post5084008

None of this is on Herm. We can't block anyone.

(This is from today)

oaklandhater
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Im sorry calling gochiefs a women is offensive to all women.

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Im sorry calling gochiefs a women is offensive to all women.

What if I got a sex change?

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193417

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5084008#post5084008

(This is from today)

So Herm played corner 20 years ago and he knows techniques on receivers? When Herm played, guys ran about a 4.6.

There's a stark difference between when Herm played, and players now.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that, retard.

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
What if I got a sex change?

You still probably couldn't get laid and you would still live at home.

Nothing would change.

luv
10-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Brave?

That's being brave?

You need to check your chromosome count if you defend Herm.

Only a complete fucking dickbag like you would defend a coach that has won once over the last year and got blown out 34-0 today.

I'm sure though, you could find at least 10 people on the WPI board to defend Herm.

And just what have chromosones got to do with anything?

Honestly, I can't see why we tried so hard to get a coach in here that hasn't broken .500 for his coaching career.

Coach
10-05-2008, 04:54 PM

To the Commander of Chief of The Hermines;

I see no reason why this war must go on. Your regime is surrounded by the elite of the Storm Troopers. You face the bitter prospect of your own regime being toppled. The result of this week's game must convince you of the hopelessness of further resistance on the part of the Army of The Hermines in this struggle. I feel that it is so, and regard it as my duty to shift from myself the responsibility of any further effusion of blood, by asking of you the surrender of that portion of the C. W. Army known as The Hermines. This is my proposal:

Cease-Fire. Each of your commanders, including yourself, shall order his forces to stop hostilities on the following dates: 10/06/2008. This includes the promotion of Herman Edwards as the Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs by your local dictatorship website of "Warpaint Illustrated."

Immediate evacuation of invaded country: Chiefsplanet.com so ordered as to be completed within fourteen days from the signature of the armistice. Hermines troops which have not left the above mentioned territories within the period fixed will become prisoners of war. Occupation by the Allied and Chiefplanet.com forces jointly will keep pace with evacuation in these areas. All movements of evacuation and occupation will be regulated in accordance with a note annexed to the stated terms.

All prisoners of war and civilian internees under the dictatorship WPI regime must be surrendered within 30 days from the signature of the armistice, to our proper authorities, "who shall give them all possible assistance in proceeding to their country of origin, place of habitual residence or zone of choice."

Any civilians who leave one zone to live in the other "shall be permitted and helped to do so" by the authority in command. This guarantee should be effective for anti-Warpaint Illustrated civilians in those parts of Warpaint Illustrated, still under Nick Athan control: they can be evacuated with the troops.

You have 24 hours to decide.

Very Respectfully
Coach
General of the Storm Troopers

Dave Lane
10-05-2008, 04:54 PM
So Clayton are you finally through carrying Herms water for him?

Just trying to find out if your morale has broken at last...

Dave

Basileus777
10-05-2008, 04:55 PM

Apparently Herm is popular among those with Down's syndrome.

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
To the Commander of Chief of The Hermines;

I see no reason why this war must go on. Your regime is surrounded by the elite of the Storm Troopers. You face the bitter prospect of your own regime being toppled. The result of this week's game must convince you of the hopelessness of further resistance on the part of the Army of The Hermines in this struggle. I feel that it is so, and regard it as my duty to shift from myself the responsibility of any further effusion of blood, by asking of you the surrender of that portion of the C. W. Army known as The Hermines. This is my proposal:

Cease-Fire. Each of your commanders, including yourself, shall order his forces to stop hostilities on the following dates: 10/06/2008. This includes the promotion of Herman Edwards as the Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs by your local dictatorship website of "Warpaint Illustrated."

Immediate evacuation of invaded country: Chiefsplanet.com so ordered as to be completed within fourteen days from the signature of the armistice. Hermines troops which have not left the above mentioned territories within the period fixed will become prisoners of war. Occupation by the Allied and Chiefplanet.com forces jointly will keep pace with evacuation in these areas. All movements of evacuation and occupation will be regulated in accordance with a note annexed to the stated terms.

All prisoners of war and civilian internees under the dictatorship WPI regime must be surrendered within 30 days from the signature of the armistice, to our proper authorities, "who shall give them all possible assistance in proceeding to their country of origin, place of habitual residence or zone of choice."

Any civilians who leave one zone to live in the other "shall be permitted and helped to do so" by the authority in command. This guarantee should be effective for anti-Warpaint Illustrated civilians in those parts of Warpaint Illustrated, still under Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan control: they can be evacuated with the troops.

You have 24 hours to decide.

Very Respectfully
Coach
General of the Storm Troopers

We have not yet begun to fight.

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 04:57 PM

Honestly, I can't see why we tried so hard to get a coach in here that hasn't broken .500 for his coaching career.

Fewer Chromosomes = retardation.

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 04:58 PM

What have you fought for in your life?

Later bedtime?

luv
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Chromosomes = mental retardation.

My apologies. I was thinking type instead of number. Maybe I should count mine.

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
What have you fought for in your life?

Some boys tried to give me a swirly once.

They did NOT succeed.

Coach
10-05-2008, 05:01 PM

You Benedict Arnold! Ever since when you begun to fight for the Germ Warfare?

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
We do not recognize your military faction. According to our history, the original Germ Warfare unit was disbanded. Any remaining traces are assuredly a rogue militia with no real organization.

the Talking Can
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyone going to defend the True Fans who have spent 2 YEARS telling us we need to play Damon Huard to "win now"?

Coach
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
We do not recognize your military faction. According to our history, the original Germ Warfare unit was disbanded. Any remaining traces are assuredly a rogue militia with no real organization.

Incorrect Mr. Benedict Arnold. The original Germ Warfare was nearly sabotaged by yourself, only to be rescued by Mr. Hamas Jenkins and I. Today, Germ Warfare unit consists roughly about 90% of the total population of the board, and is closely affiliated to Chiefsplanet.com

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Sounds like it's time for me to fire up Army Group North again.

Coach
10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds like it's time for me to fire up Army Group North again.

Please do, my fellow General.

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Soon the rebellion will be crushed and Hamas Jenkins will be one of us.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/48/hermines2ak9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM

I'd sooner drag my balls through a mile of broken glass.

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, our training is rigorous.

luv
10-05-2008, 05:25 PM

People who photoshop poorly?

TN_Chief
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Fuck. You. Herm.

Well, on the bright side the season is officially over. Now I've got my Sunday afternoons free.

Clark Hunt, you are a fucking douchebag...and your father was a stupid senile bastard for not dealing with Herm and Carl before he kicked.

Coach
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Fuck. You. Herm.

Well, on the bright side the season is officially over. Now I've got my Sunday afternoons free.

Clark Hunt, you are a fucking douchebag...and your father was a stupid senile bastard for not dealing with Herm and Carl before he kicked.

There are free memberships available for the Storm Troopers. You are welcome to join the battle aganist The Hermines.

MadMax
10-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Anyone going to defend the True Fans who have spent 2 YEARS telling us we need to play Damon Huard to "win now"?

Here, let me try. " he gives us the best chance to develop our young players ".
:doh!::D

Coach
10-05-2008, 06:40 PM

We the Storm Troopers are seeking a open position of the 21st Panzer, and the main objective is to obstruct/engage/obliterate and to remove or destroy all traces of The Hermines.

Simply Red
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Rebuilding get over it.

Coach
10-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Rebuilding get over it.

I disagree.

TN_Chief
10-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Rebuilding get over it.
So is Atlanta. They're looking pretty good. So is Miami. Also looking decent.

"Rebuilding" is not an excuse for repeatedly shitting the bed.

allen_kcCard
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm not going to jump on a soap box, but I still like herm. Sure, if I could pick and choose I would see this rebuilding year go differently, but the writing was on the wall early on that wishy-washy heart on their sleeve fans would be on an even bigger rollercoaster than the chiefs were in for.

I don't know if herm is the guy that can finish up the rebuild, just because he isn't as offensive minded to make up for times that a strong defense just ins't strong enough. But, with this team, and this situation, I think he has done just as well and most coaches out there would have...differently than some, yes, but just as well. This year isn't measured in wins and losses to me, it is looking at getting your players time to see the NFL more, good and bad, and fit themselves into the game by being part of it instead of watching it from the sideline.

Even if I there were lock solid proof that Herm was the greated coach to ever live (not that I think that in the slightest) there are people out there that would cuss and spit and call for his head as soon as something didn't happen the way they think it should. It is how those people choose to be fans, fine.

Carl, on the other hand, I completely agree that his time is up. I want him as the president, he is excellent in the business, but as a GM I think that a fresh perspective would help the recreation of the player personel.

Thats just my take, rip me if you want, I doubt I'll even be back to this tread to read it anyhow, but I would venture to say herm is far closer to being up to par as a head coach than the satan of the game most people are making him out to be.

RedThat
10-05-2008, 09:11 PM
So is Atlanta. They're looking pretty good. So is Miami. Also looking decent.

"Rebuilding" is not an excuse for repeatedly shitting the bed.

Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be for this franchise. Not only will be, but is.

If they go 1-15 or 3-13, they prolly make some excuse to the fanbase and media saying, "we'll we brought in a new set of young players what'd you expect?" And that be good enough excuse for Clark. Herm and Carls job will be safe the Chiefs don't fire anybody anyways?

*Empty seats should happen. This is arguably one of the worst teams in history.

Dave Lane
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Please do, my fellow General.

I'll take army group center...

Dave

FAX
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I think Herm is great. He is ... like ... magical, or something. He can take an offense ranked number 1 in a variety of crucial categories and dismantle it in less than one season. It's like turning a cute, fuzzy rabbit into a vicious toad with a wave of your hand. He can also coach blindfolded and without any specific knowledge as to what is actually taking place either on the practice field or in a game. And, he's a guy who can keep his job no matter what his record is, how poorly his draft picks perform, or how often or extensively he insults the fan base. Who else can do that? Nobody. That's who.

There will never be anybody like Herm.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
There will never be anybody like Herm.

FAX

I agree. This whole thing has been very entertaining. We'll never forget Herm. Oh Herm! You're the craziest!

Nightfyre
10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Shit. I would like to be commissioned for the Storm Troopers.

cdcox
10-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't know if herm is the guy that can finish up the rebuild, just because he isn't as offensive minded to make up for times that a strong defense just ins't strong enough.

...but I would venture to say herm is far closer to being up to par as a head coach than the satan of the game most people are making him out to be.

This is exactly what I thought when he was hired and why I wish he never would have been hired.

Herm's best plausible coaching performance fall short of being Super Bowl worthy.

Coach
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll take army group center...

Dave

So let it be that you are in command of the Army Group Center. Your responsibilities are to create divisions and subordinated units.

Your Rank is: General. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e7/General_insignia_4_gold_stars.png/120px-General_insignia_4_gold_stars.png

And your avatar is most excellent. I strongly recommend you to keep it.

Good luck and good hunting.

Coach
10-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Shit. I would like to be commissioned for the Storm Troopers.

Well, Army North and Army Center is already filled. There are other positions available, just name it.

Nightfyre
10-05-2008, 10:34 PM
I'll take Army Group Oberrhein, then!

crazycoffey
10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
what did Herm do wrong yesterday?

Brock
10-06-2008, 11:05 AM
what did Herm do wrong yesterday?

He didn't resign.

chiefs1okie
10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
He didn't resign.

ROFLROFLROFL

Chiefnj2
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Herm is a maverick.

Count Alex's Losses
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Herm is a maverick.

He's coaching in the NBA now?

Just my luck.

triple
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Making excuses for Herm is the same thing, and there are still people doing that

boogblaster
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I'll defend Herm .. the rest of you guys get a rope .. surely the whole planet can drag him from my fortress and hang the bastard ....

Micjones
10-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Herman Edwards.
It's obvious that he has no answers at this point.
He's in way over his head.

It's not his fault. Someone believed he was capable of coaching two jobs above his actual skill set.

At this point, it's necessary for someone above him to relieve him of his duties.

Skip Towne
10-06-2008, 12:34 PM

It's not his fault. Someone believed he was capable of coaching two jobs above his actual skill set.

At this point, it's necessary for someone above him to relieve him of his duties.
The Peter Principle at work.

PRIEST
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Herm can't defend Herm he would have to watch the tape get back to you on that

:eek:

suds79
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I used to defend Herm.

But given the fact that he had to play Tyler Thigpen in a game to see if he could play on this level is what lost me. Wasn't that clear in practice or something?

I seriously question his ability to evaluate & coach/groom QBs. That's a deal breaker for me.

talastan
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Herm is defintely defense minded, and too much so. Our offense is what is killing us. The lack of depth at O-line and the lack of changing the gameplan to fit your opponents really is what kills any hope for Herm. Unless he learns how to start putting up 24+ pts. a game his defense is always going to wear out, or give up as was the case yesterday.

Samson
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Herm is likable because he's a principled man. He's upfront and honest - almost to a fault (his mouth and his way-of-thinking repeatedly get him in trouble).

However EVEN IF one blames the youth-movement for this disaster of a season, it does not excuse the product on the field.

The product does not compete; and the coaching lacks proper preparation and creativity to put the team in the best postition to win. There is some entertainment value to an NFL team (see Vermeil years), and the current Chiefs make you wonder of all the things you could (or maybe should) be doing for that 3 hour block on Sundays.

That may be the greatest aspect that should get Mr. Clark Hunt's attention. Chiefs fans that have made it through the 80s;then the playoff winless stretch; then through the king of offense years; and now this pathetic product currently on the field...for the FIRST time, myself, my family, and my friends are thinking of others things we could be doing on Sundays.

Scary.

If it was just about the youth, I could stomach; but I can't simply stand the predictable stubborness on both sides on the ball...not when you can flip the channel and see modern-day creative strategies that put teams in a position to win...AND are fun to watch - even in a loss.

Red Brooklyn
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm sure he's a good husband and a fine father. He is physically fit.

:D

Chief Faithful
10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm through defending Herm until Jones, McInToad, Darling, Huard, and Pigpen are off the roster.

Dicky McElephant
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Can I get a commission into the Stormtroopers?

chagrin
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM

You still haven't answered my question - what is your defense of Herm and why do you believe he should be the Head Coach of this football team for now and next season as well?

chagrin
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM

:clap:
Dude, that is good - diplomatic and, well almost anyway, at this point it IS his fault.

Count Alex's Losses
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
You still haven't answered my question - what is your defense of Herm and why do you believe he should be the Head Coach of this football team for now and next season as well?

Who says I have one?

I'm done defending Herm.

StcChief
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
NFL says AA must remain in place and a token amount of minority coaches will be on the field.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
To be totally fair to Herm Fucking Edwards, he has done a good job on his last two challenges. It is like he read my posts on the Planet, and realized it might be important to get them right when he needs to.

Micjones
10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Herm is likable because he's a principled man. He's upfront and honest - almost to a fault (his mouth and his way-of-thinking repeatedly get him in trouble).

However EVEN IF one blames the youth-movement for this disaster of a season, it does not excuse the product on the field.

The product does not compete; and the coaching lacks proper preparation and creativity to put the team in the best postition to win. There is some entertainment value to an NFL team (see Vermeil years), and the current Chiefs make you wonder of all the things you could (or maybe should) be doing for that 3 hour block on Sundays.

That may be the greatest aspect that should get Mr. Clark Hunt's attention. Chiefs fans that have made it through the 80s;then the playoff winless stretch; then through the king of offense years; and now this pathetic product currently on the field...for the FIRST time, myself, my family, and my friends are thinking of others things we could be doing on Sundays.

Scary.

If it was just about the youth, I could stomach; but I can't simply stand the predictable stubborness on both sides on the ball...not when you can flip the channel and see modern-day creative strategies that put teams in a position to win...AND are fun to watch - even in a loss.

:clap:

Very well stated.

smittysbar
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
To be totally fair to Herm ****ing Edwards, he has done a good job on his last two challenges. It is like he read my posts on the Planet, and realized it might be important to get them right when he needs to.

What were your challenges?

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 06:29 PM
What were your challenges?

Part of the problem with Herm, he would not challenge when he should, then would challenge when there was no chance.
He has won his last two coachs challenges, that I have seen (HemiEd did not watch the whole game yesterday) when I was screaming at the tv for him to challenge. One was the interception in the end zone yesterday. Of course, Damon Huard threw an interception immediately to give the ball right back.

I think they must have fixed something, maybe someone up stairs has some input watching the game? Who would have ever thought of something so brilliant?

Prior to this, I think he just did or didn't challenge depending on his mood.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 06:32 PM

Scary.

I don't think it could possibly be said any better.