PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Here's a cheery thought

milkman
10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
The possibility that this team gets shut out in consecutive games seems very real.

I mean, can someone tell me how this team scores against the Titans in two weeks?

Count Alex's Wins
Brodie Croyle and Branden Albert.

kstater
kill yourself/Hamas

milkman
10-05-2008, 06:29 PM

ROFL

Like those two are going to overcome the ineptitude of this staff.

DeezNutz
10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Can Albert play LT and RT in the same game?

The effort that McIntosh (sp?) put forth today was embarrassing.

Croyle is going to win his first game as a starter against the Titan defense? Ok...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
kill yourself/Hamas

I approve this message.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
we run a flea flicker

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
ROFL

Like those two are going to overcome the ineptitude of this staff.

We'll score.

We'll also have 50 rushing yards and Croyle will be running for his life. He'll sling a pick or two and people will be proclaiming him a bust.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM

right and the first time Croyle gets hit he will be off to the locker room crying

Guru
10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I would like to see the entire team dogpile on Herm.

Bwana
10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
can someone tell me how this team scores against the Titans in two weeks?

Ed Hoculie is calling the game? :shrug:

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
We'll score.

We'll also have 50 rushing yards and Croyle will be running for his life. He'll sling a pick or two and people will be proclaiming him a bust.

I just wish the guy could take a hit and stay healthy

Sure-Oz
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't even start Croyle, he'll be out by half time

Deberg_1990
Like Croyle will make it through that game healthy?? ROFL

ChiefGator
I mean, can someone tell me how this team scores against the Titans in two weeks?

Because Damon Horrid will be on the bench?

Bwana
10-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Because Damon Horrid will be on the bench?

True, but one of our other career "backups" will be on the field. Honestly, we REALLY need a decent QB.

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
We'll score.

People will be proclaiming him a bust after Haynesworth hits him and he's out another 8 weeks.

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
People will be proclaiming him a bust after Haynesworth hits him and he's out another 8 weeks.

Thigpen mania!

God, this season CAN get worse.

Hydrae
10-05-2008, 06:52 PM
We start working Richardson or anyone in at RT to replace McSuck with the next practice, tomorrow! That will give Brodie a much better chance at surviving the game.

Let Larry run off tackle, enough of trying to get him inside Niswangers' butt.

If the right side of the line is able to hold up for more than 1.5 seconds, let Brodie show off this supposed big arm of his. I don't we have had a single chance to see that thing in action yet. Who knows, maybe we can even get Darling to run downfield.

Bowser
10-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Brodie will be lucky if he can remember his name after Haynesworth and VanDenBosch are done with him.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 06:55 PM
We start working Richardson or anyone in at RT to replace McSuck with the next practice, tomorrow! That will give Brodie a much better chance at surviving the game.

Let Larry run off tackle, enough of trying to get him inside Niswangers' butt.

If the right side of the line is able to hold up for more than 1.5 seconds, let Brodie show off this supposed big arm of his. I don't we have had a single chance to see that thing in action yet. Who knows, maybe we can even get Darling to run downfield.

As nice as that thought is.it won't happen. Herm is to dumb to replace Macintosh. Macintosh is the worst O lineman in the NFL and even a blind man can see that.... Yet Herm can not

Little Bigfoot
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
The "bust " starts with Herm. None of the Chiefs current QBs would be start on any other team. I highly doubt any of them would even make any other teams roster. So there ya go "The Top Spot" as Al Pacino exclaimed in Any Given Sunday. Entrusted to experiments and 3rd stringers. Here's your 2008 Kansas City Chiefs.

Guru
10-05-2008, 06:58 PM
WE get to see martin next game.

Little Bigfoot
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
The "bust" is Herm. What a fart of a joke of a ass of a tit of a coach.

Bwana
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
WE get to see martin next game.

Sure, what the hell.

Buehler445
10-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Even if Crouple gets in there, Herm will Hermcuff his nuts and only allow him to throw horizontal passes on WR screens and swing passes to runningbacks....

And I will break my TV.

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Even if Crouple gets in there, Herm will Hermcuff his nuts and only allow him to throw horizontal passes on WR screens and swing passes to runningbacks....

And I will break my TV.

This really isn't an issue anymore. We threw a deep ball to Bowe on the second play of the game. Huard overthrew him, of course, but there you go.

el borracho
10-05-2008, 07:14 PM
heh. Brodie Cripple back to lead the charge to another 12 game losing streak (or at least the first 3 quarters of that streak).

Lonewolf Ed
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Can Albert play LT and RT in the same game?

The effort that McIntosh (sp?) put forth today was embarrassing.

Croyle is going to win his first game as a starter against the Titan defense? Ok...

Don't worry about how to spell his name. He doesn't deserve it, anyway.

Bwana
10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Don't worry about how to spell his name. He doesn't deserve it, anyway.

Word, the guy is a complete hump.

Buehler445
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
This really isn't an issue anymore. We threw a deep ball to Bowe on the second play of the game. Huard overthrew him, of course, but there you go.

Croyle threw it no further than like 8 yards in week one. After Huard came in we started going downfied. :doh!:

cdcox
10-05-2008, 07:34 PM

C'mon. You know as well as anyone that we go downfiled with Huard more than we do with Croyle, which is precious little in either case. I don't know if it is Brodie checking down on every pass or if it is the coaching staff handcuffing him but the stats don't lie.

Over the last two seasons:

Yards per attempt: Croyle: 5.35 Huard: 6.78
Yards per completion: Croyle: 9.48 Huard: 10.77

The passing game is significantly more "downfield" when Huard is in the game.

Mr. Laz
10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Rank def PPG

Titans - #1
Jets - #28
Buc - #9
chargers - 27
saints - 22
Bills - 5

our schedule

<table class="schedule" border="0" width="90%"><tbody><tr><td>
</td> <td>10/19/08</td> <td>Tennessee Titans</td> <td>12:00 PM CBS</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>10/26/08</td> <td>at New York Jets</td> <td>12:00 PM CBS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>11/02/08</td> <td>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</td> <td>12:00 PM FOX</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>11/09/08</td> <td>at San Diego Chargers</td> <td>3:15 PM CBS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>11/16/08</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>12:00 PM FOX</td> <td>*</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>11/23/08</td> <td>Buffalo Bills</td></tr></tbody></table>

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
C'mon. You know as well as anyone that we go downfiled with Huard more than we do with Croyle, which is precious little in either case. I don't know if it is Brodie checking down on every pass or if it is the coaching staff handcuffing him but the stats don't lie.

Over the last two seasons:

Yards per attempt: Croyle: 5.35 Huard: 6.78
Yards per completion: Croyle: 9.48 Huard: 10.77

The passing game is significantly more "downfield" when Huard is in the game.

You'd be right based on last season. I'm not going to judge this year just yet since Croyle only has a few attempts.

Chieftain58
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
McIntosh is fat and slow

blueballs
10-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Vince Young plays

Dave Lane
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
The "bust " starts with Herm. None of the Chiefs current QBs would be start on any other team. I highly doubt any of them would even make any other teams roster. So there ya go "The Top Spot" as Al Pacino exclaimed in Any Given Sunday. Entrusted to experiments and 3rd stringers. Here's your 2008 Kansas City Chiefs.

QBs are over rated - Herm

ILChief
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Only way we score a TD is if our D returns a pick or a fumble for one. I say we get a field goal or two. We have to "open it up" for the home fans. :)

xbarretx
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Thigpen mania!

God, this season CAN get worse.

Clayton all jokes aside... does this mean your done riding Damon's jock? LMAO

seriously though, if we tried our best (player wise by starting Damon) to be in WIN NOW mode..... what does it mean that Damon got schlacked(sp?) are in in .. "pretend to win now mode"?

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
QBs are over rated - Herm

:cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Direckshun
10-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Honestly, you and Chiefs offensive personnel have been saying "no really, we won't neuter the offense anymore!" for two years, and it hasn't happened.

No dice.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Honestly, you and Chiefs offensive personnel have been saying "no really, we won't neuter the offense anymore!" for two years, and it hasn't happened.

No dice.

Wait a minute... We have offensive personnel on this team?????

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM

No dice.

I think we're about as aggressive as we can be given the personnel. Last week was the perfect balance. If we don't run the ball we're fucked, though.

FAX
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Hmmm ... a fart of a joke of an ass of a tit of a coach ... I like it.

Take that, Herm.

FAX

banyon
10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
They take out their starters after halftime and we score a FG on their 2nd string?

FAX
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I think we're about as aggressive as we can be given the personnel. Last week was the perfect balance. If we don't run the ball we're f***ed, though.

Agreed. No question. If this team doesn't run the ball effectively, we'll see more and more days like this one.

Here's the problem, though. We can't run the ball if we're behind. We can't score unless we put the ball in the air. If we don't score, we'll always be behind. If we're always behind, we can't run the ball.

It's one of those circular problems that goes on forever. Never fear, though. Herm's figured it out. We just need to run the ball more on early downs.

FAX

xbarretx
10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I think we're about as aggressive as we can be given the personnel. Last week was the perfect balance. If we don't run the ball we're f***ed, though.

we cant run b/c other teams know the KC version of going deep is a 7 yd slant. as such they can stack the box all day long. unless we have a line full of Roafs, (or a VERY bad d-line opposite us..) we go no where. we need to show other teams that we CAN and Will pass the ball and make them at least take a second thought about 9 in the box on EVERY DOWN.

The Bad Guy
10-05-2008, 09:41 PM
The fact that a defense can take one thing away, and we are so screwed says a lot about this coaching staff.

This league is now a setup the pass to run. Of course, the Chiefs being years behind trends, still bases their entire offense around running to pass.

But what should I expect? The Chiefs run the Tampa 2 now and that went out about 10 years ago.

Johnny Vegas
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
The possibility that this team gets shut out in consecutive games seems very real.

LJ RUNNING A 75 YARDER FOR A FIELD GOAL!:evil:

Bob Dole
10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
The fact that a defense can take one thing away, and we are so screwed says a lot about this coaching staff.

Are you trying to say that there a coaching staffs out there that are capable of adjusting their game plan based on what the other team is doing?

Poppycock.

Mecca
10-05-2008, 10:24 PM

This league is now a setup the pass to run. Of course, the Chiefs being years behind trends, still bases their entire offense around running to pass.

But what should I expect? The Chiefs run the Tampa 2 now and that went out about 10 years ago.

Even Tampa Bay doesn't really play Tampa 2 anymore...

Also I'll be stunned if Brodie Croyle isn't injured before that games over.

evolve27
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
If we have Bradford/Stafford as our QB's next week is the only way we score.

milkman
10-08-2008, 06:37 AM
It is possible that LJ could have a worse game statistically against the Titans than he did against the Panthers.

And you know that we'll come out and run the ball right up Niswanger's butt.

milkman
10-08-2008, 06:38 AM

If we have those guys, Herman fucking Edwards' neanderthalic offensive gameplan and the right side of the O-Line get them killed before the half.

OnTheWarpath58
10-08-2008, 07:05 AM
It is possible that LJ could have a worse game statistically against the Titans than he did against the Panthers.

And you know that we'll come out and run the ball right up Niswanger's butt.

Have we run a play action pass to open a game at all this year?

Everyone in the league KNOWS we're going to run. A good coordinator would have them guessing from the word go.

Then again, Gailey has all but proven he's not a good coordinator, so I'm asking too much...

StcChief
10-08-2008, 08:26 AM
People will be proclaiming him a bust after Haynesworth hits him and he's out another 8 weeks. Brokie will be his name for life.

milkman
10-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Have we run a play action pass to open a game at all this year?

Everyone in the league KNOWS we're going to run. A good coordinator would have them guessing from the word go.

Then again, Gailey has all but proven he's not a good coordinator, so I'm asking too much...

As Bill Parcells/vos/Dimension 2112/D2112/5th Dimension/Twilight Zone/Whoever the hell he is this week astutely pointed out in another thread, Herman fucking Edwards doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that the element of surprise is good thing.

HemiEd
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Hmmm ... a fart of a joke of an ass of a tit of a coach ... I like it.

Take that, Herm.

FAX
I am glad to see someone else saw that. ROFL

HemiEd
10-08-2008, 08:59 AM

Serious question, do you think Gailey is really calling these games? That he has the freedom to do so?

Honestly, I think it is further proof that Herm is the problem, and has tied both his OCs hands.

OnTheWarpath58
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Serious question, do you think Gailey is really calling these games? That he has the freedom to do so?

Honestly, I think it is further proof that Herm is the problem, and has tied both his OCs hands.

Yeah, I think Chan is calling the games.

He wouldn't have taken the job and tied his career to this runaway train if he was just going to be a puppet, IMO.

I do think, however, that Herm has influenced him to call games a certain way, to "protect" players. Huard and Thigpen, I'm talking to you.

It's impossible to know, but I'd be curious to see if the playcalling would have been the same the past 4 weeks had Croyle stayed healthy and in the lineup.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Like Croyle and Albert will make it through that game healthy?? ROFL

FYP...

Two most important positions on your offense and we have paper tigers at each...

mylittlepony
10-08-2008, 10:16 AM

I dont even think we could score with either of them in the lineup to be honest.

milkman
10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
FYP...

Two most important positions on your offense and we have paper tigers at each...

Croyle has an injury history, and questions about his durability are clearly legitimate.

But at this point, I don't believe that Albert has yet earned those same questions.

Zouk
10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Those who think we just play Tampa 2 don't understand what they're talking about. We mix coverages a lot and have played loads of man this year.

Ignorance is bliss.

King_Chief_Fan
10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I think Chan is calling the games.

He wouldn't have taken the job and tied his career to this runaway train if he was just going to be a puppet, IMO.

I do think, however, that Herm has influenced him to call games a certain way, to "protect" players. Huard and Thigpen, I'm talking to you.

It's impossible to know, but I'd be curious to see if the playcalling would have been the same the past 4 weeks had Croyle stayed healthy and in the lineup.

Herm may not be calling the plays. I agree with your asssessment that just maybe, Herm has dumbed down, risk adversed, and neutered the offesne that gives Chan very few plays to call. I do find it curious that these plays look just like the ones Solari called.

talastan
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Brodie will have to demand that the staff first benches SackIntosh, and then when Herm/Chan/or whoever call down the 5 yd slant, or the run up the butt play; Croyle will have to pull a Manning, by ignoring his coach, and call the deep ball despite what the coaching staff wants. JMO

mlyonsd
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM

So I'm guessing if Croyle fumbles while getting sacked and the defender scoops it up and runs the wrong way for a safety you wouldn't count it right?

OnTheWarpath58
10-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Herm may not be calling the plays. I agree with your asssessment that just maybe, Herm has dumbed down, risk adversed, and neutered the offesne that gives Chan very few plays to call. I do find it curious that these plays look just like the ones Solari called.

Actually, the plays themselves are COMPLETELY different.

The toss, counters, misdirection, etc - all stuff new this year.

It's the PREDICTABILITY that is identical to last year.

chiefsngop
10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
To win :

Brodie must stay in game and play great with no rust or fear : unlikely

Chiefs must have creative surprising play calls : unseen

Wide receivers must be scary good and get open : unqaulified

O-line must outplay dominant defenders : unappetizing

Running backs must exploit the smallest of seams : un-LJ-like

Defense must consistently pound on the O and get off the field on 3rd down : unreal