PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it safe to say our running game is still shitty?

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I didn't think we'd run on the Panthers and we got dominated. Based on today we won't run on the Titans, either. I'd say we might find success against really shitty defenses this year, which is an improvement I guess! WOOHOO!

But seriously. Ugh.

MIAdragon
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I didn't think we'd run on the Panthers and we got dominated. Based on today we won't run on the Titans, either. I'd say we might find success against really shitty defenses this year, which is an improvement I guess! WOOHOO!

But seriously. Ugh.

Shitty line + shitty passing attack + 25-30 touches to get LJ "going" = Shitty running game. IMO

Little Bigfoot
10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
The Hermie crap attack.Ugh, So many problems. Painful to watch . I hope this motivates the some players to just rip ass from here on out ,then we'll have some idea who wants to be in the NFL.Cuz , right now it doesn't look like many of the palayer give a toss.

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 06:48 PM
The only caveat I will add is that putting in Albert and Taylor might improve things. Clearly Herb wasn't going to block Peppers in the run game.

kstater
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
GoChiefs is like a politician. He sticks his finger up to find out which way the wind is blowing, then proceeds from there. But in true WPI fashion, he is late on the delivery.

Chief Faithful
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
The Panthers dominated in the trenches on both sides of the line. The worst is Jones with McIntoad a fast follower. They also have to revamp the QB position.

TEX
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM

But seriously. Ugh.

No problem - it's just preseason and we're keeping it vanilla on offense...:doh!:

Count Alex's Wins
10-05-2008, 06:56 PM
No problem - it's just preseason and we're keeping it vanilla on offense...:doh!:

That Dolphins game in preseason made me think we'd lose a lot of battles up front this year. The six quarters before Carolina had me thinking otherwise, but not now. We're fucked. Larry might as well break his foot because he ain't doing shit this year.

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I think it is safe to say there is a lot with this team that is shitty.. the running game just being one area.... I think some people got to excited about the last couple games against Atlanta and Denver and thought LJ was back to form....

Chief Faithful
10-05-2008, 07:00 PM
The running game will not improve until Jones and McIntoad are replaced with better linemen.

I understand this team is young and will be inconsistent. This week will be one of the biggest learning experiences, but Jones, McIntoad, Huard, Pigpen, and Darling are horrendous.

InChiefsHell
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Well, this performance should at least put an end to the "start Hutard over Brokie" talk. Huard shur do know how to manage a game don't he??

Deberg_1990
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
hey, at least LJ's carries are down this year!