PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How did Herb Taylor look?

ILChief
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Surely good enough to warrant replacing McIntosh on the right?

blueballs
10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
he got peppered

Claynus
10-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Gave up a sack/strip but was OK otherwise. His run blocking isn't very good, especially when he's mismatched against a beast like Peppers.

OnTheWarpath58
10-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Gave up a sack/strip but was OK otherwise. His run blocking isn't very good, especially when he's mismatched against a beast like Peppers.

Gave up a sack/strip my ass.

He had Peppers pushed to the outside, any QB worth a shit would have stepped up in the pocket. Even a half step keeps Peppers from reaching out to knock the ball loose. Herb did his job.

It's not like Peppers clocked Huard to cause a sack.

Taylor did just fine, all things considered.

Direckshun
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM

He had Peppers pushed to the outside, any QB worth a shit would have stepped up in the pocket. Even a half step keeps Peppers from reaching out to knock the ball loose. Herb did his job.

So, put him on the right side? What do you think?

Iowanian
10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Taylor did very well, considering the circumstances. I concur that a QB worth a fornication would have stepped up into the pocket...and maybe wouldn't have had so many balls knocked down.

McIntosh is aweful. In comparison, taylor looked like Willi Roaf.

How Herm can justify starting McInsuck against Tenn I'll never know.

dtrain
10-05-2008, 07:40 PM

Exactly Hurad should have stepped up. Herb needs to be the right tackle when Alberts comes back.

OnTheWarpath58
So, put him on the right side? What do you think?

I've been saying that since Training Camp.

When Albert is healthy, there's NO reason to play anyone other than Taylor at RT.

I'm still fuming about that play where McIntosh was beat across his face, to the inside - that should NEVER happen, and the announcers said as much.

I'm not sure whether Mac is slow, talentless, un-interested, or all of the above - but we're contstantly seeing DL-men in the backfield before McIntosh is out of his f***ing stance.

Enough is enough.

FAX
In a way, it makes perfect sense to move Herbie to the right side. On the other hand, moving linemen around isn't as easy as it seems. It takes time for the guy who's been moved to acclimate - not to mention that the line has to re-gel (assuming they were ever gelled in the first place).

The bigger issue is that Albert has been injured so much. Given the fact that LT is arguably the second most important position on a team, it makes more sense to have a quality backup in case Albert goes down again. It's sad and unfortunate, but there it is.

FAX

FAX
10-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Taylor did very well, considering the circumstances. I concur that a QB worth a fornication would have stepped up into the pocket...and maybe wouldn't have had so many balls knocked down.

McIntosh is aweful. In comparison, taylor looked like Willi Roaf.

How Herm can justify starting McInsuck against Tenn I'll never know.

Downfield has always - always - had a problem with batted balls. I think that's why he walks with a limp.

FAX

Direckshun
10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
But McIntosh is clearly more comfortable on the left, and he wasn't awful there, like he is at RT.

I say McIntosh makes more sense as backup LT.

Claynus
10-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Herb's not going to right tackle. Herm said last week it would be Wade Smith if they made a change. Which of course, leaves the completely awful Adrian Jones at RG.

OnTheWarpath58
10-05-2008, 07:45 PM
But McIntosh is clearly more comfortable on the left, and he wasn't awful there, like he is at RT.

Bingo.

There were several of us that were saying the same thing back in August.

The only position he's even decent at is LT, and since we have Albert, that relegates McVagintosh to backup duty.

But that makes WAY too much sense for Herm and Co. to do it, so don't hold your breath.

Christ, Mac makes the Turley/Terry combo look like HOF prospects.

FAX
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM

That makes much more sense and is exactly what they should have done at the beginning of the year, Mr. Direckshun. Now, they've painted themselves in a corner. More questionable moves on behalf of our magnificent coaching staff.

When you think about it, ever since Herm arrived, we've had nothing but problems on the o-line. Sure, losing our Willies was bad, but other teams have had to deal with the same problem. But, instead of finding serviceable guys to fill in, this organization acquired some of the absolute worst players in the league (Terry, Turley, Wilbourn) and believed that they could do the job. I honestly question Herm's ability to evaluate o-linemen.

FAX

Claynus
10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I honestly question Herm's ability to evaluate o-linemen.

FAX

The right side is complete shit. What were they thinking?

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Herb's not going to right tackle. Herm said last week it would be Wade Smith if they made a change. Which of course, leaves the completely awful Adrian Jones at RG.

For the love of God Herm is an idiot..................:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss ::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Frankie
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM

My take exactly.

Frankie
10-05-2008, 08:06 PM

I totally agree.

Direckshun
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM

And no depth -- and I mean, ZERO DEPTH -- at all three interior OL positions.

Wade Smith is our backup at all three.

Frankie
10-05-2008, 08:10 PM
But, instead of finding serviceable guys to fill in, this organization acquired some of the absolute worst players in the league (Terry, Turley, Wilbourn) and believed that they could do the job. I honestly question Herm's ability to evaluate o-linemen.

FAXThose moves were more CP's, than Herm's, I bet. CP wanted to keep bringing in "veterans" and sell tickets with 9-7 records.

Bob Dole
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
That makes much more sense and is exactly what they should have done at the beginning of the year, Mr. Direckshun. Now, they've painted themselves in a corner. More questionable moves on behalf of our magnificent coaching staff.

But they make up for it by running to the right side often.

Iowanian
10-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Richardson must be a boiled turd if he is THAT much worse.

They've got 2 weeks to see if they can get him in line...At least give the guy some effing snaps.

Herm, himself said players don't get better unless they PLAY.

triple
10-05-2008, 08:25 PM

They've got 2 weeks to see if they can get him in line...At least give the guy some effing snaps.

Sorry, Herm says we much continue to play McInSquash. We might jeopardize our season if we give young players snaps

FAX
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Those moves were more CP's, than Herm's, I bet. CP wanted to keep bringing in "veterans" and sell tickets with 9-7 records.

I believed that until this year, Mr. Frankie. Fool me once and all that.

Now, it's pretty obvious that it was Herm's decision to move McInTrash to RT which is a clear indication that he can't tell if a guy can or cannot play that position.

FAX

Basileus777
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
He did ok, but don't make a big deal about it being against Peppers. Peppers hasn't been any good for almost two years. Its mystifying really how quickly and far he fell off.

FAX
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
But they make up for it by running to the right side often.

Well, that make sense, though, Mr. Bob Dole. I mean, the enemy defenses must know that McInTool can't play worth a damn so that's that last place they would expect us to run the ball. So, if we run it there a bunch of times in a row, the odds are that we'll take them by total surprise. It's impressive how our coaches can think around the corner like that.

FAX

aturnis
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM

Iowanian, or anyone who would like to start Richardson for that matter,

I am still trying to figure out why people on this board would even want to try Richardson on the right. To me it's obvious that Taylor is our absolute best option. Definitely a guy who could hold it down for years to come. His run blocking can use work, but he has his entire career to work on it.

Richardson, on the other hand, might be a decent run blocker. He was a "road-grader" in college, but he's in the pro's now so....probably not a road-grader anymore. His pass protection skills are on par with McIntosh's. He got beat on the regular in training camp.

Could you explain to me why on earth anyone is calling for Richardson?

Don't wanna be a dick, not my intention. As a fellow Iowanian, I respect your opinion, but I just do not get the idea of Richardson over Taylor.

aturnis
10-06-2008, 04:31 PM
hello?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Iowanian, or anyone who would like to start Richardson for that matter,

I am still trying to figure out why people on this board would even want to try Richardson on the right. To me it's obvious that Taylor is our absolute best option. Definitely a guy who could hold it down for years to come. His run blocking can use work, but he has his entire career to work on it.

Richardson, on the other hand, might be a decent run blocker. He was a "road-grader" in college, but he's in the pro's now so....probably not a road-grader anymore. His pass protection skills are on par with McIntosh's. He got beat on the regular in training camp.

Could you explain to me why on earth anyone is calling for Richardson?

Don't wanna be a dick, not my intention. As a fellow Iowanian, I respect your opinion, but I just do not get the idea of Richardson over Taylor.

We're not advocating Richardson over Taylor. We're advocating Richardson over Macinflop until Albert gets back. I'd rather have Taylor at LT for now.

Claynus
10-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Albert's back at LT next game.

TrickyNicky
10-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I think we should put Albert in at RT when he comes back. Three of our four running plays are to the right and Albert is more powerful in run blocking. Keep Taylor at LT.

Pestilence
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
LT - Albert, McIntosh
LG - Brian Waters
C - Wade Smith
RG - Niswanger, Richardson
RT - Herb Taylor

LOCOChief
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
It's funny that MacInvagina is sooo bad that nobody is talking about how shitty Jones is.

Micjones
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I'll take anything over McIntosh.
The game has passed him by. The fact that he can hang onto a starting job playing as poorly as he has is another indictment of this coaching staff.

Micjones
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
It's funny that MacInvagina is sooo bad that nobody is talking about how shitty Jones is.

I certainly recognize how poorly he has played.

I honestly think Richardson and Taylor should replace them both.
Richardson's skill set might translate well to Right Guard.

Though having that much youth on the line at one time could be a rather scary endeavor.

Long Duk Dong
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Played better than expected. Once Albert is back, take out that turnstyle McIntosh and put Taylor in there.

Ultra Peanut
10-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Cool as a motherfucker. Those glasses rule.

JASONSAUTO
10-06-2008, 05:23 PM

Though having that much youth on the line at one time could be a rather scary endeavor.

THIS is exactly what we should do. who gives a shit about the youth? we run with two rookie CB's , we have a rook LT, why not just roll with the youngs? we are getting KILLED anyway, the QB gets KILLED anyway, we cant run the ball worth a shit anyway. So why not at least get some player evaluation out of this year? At least we would know what we have in these young o-linemen.

Frankie
10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
LT - Albert, McIntosh
LG - Brian Waters
C - Wade Smith
RT - Herb Taylor

Niswanger no longer our center? I can live with that.

keg in kc
10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Though having that much youth on the line at one time could be a rather scary endeavor.I'd say it doesn't get much scarier than it is already. They can barely get away with a 3-step drop at this point.

OnTheWarpath58
10-06-2008, 09:33 PM

He had played poorly, there's no denying that.

The question is this:

Is he just that bad, or does playing next to McIntosh make him look worse than he is?

If the staff would pull their heads out of their collective asses and play Taylor at RT, I'd be willing to give Jones a game or two to see how he does with Herb.

JMO.

Claynus
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Sackintosh gave up three sacks. One to Brayton, two to Johnson.

On this one, Johnson is two yards upfield while Sackintosh sits in his stance like a cow.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6840/sackintoshzy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DJ's left nut
10-07-2008, 12:22 PM
LT - Albert, McIntosh
LG - Brian Waters
C - Wade Smith
RT - Herb Taylor

THIS IS......wait, this makes sense.

I'm sorry, I've just seen so this team do so many dumb MFing things with our offensive line that I just assume anytime I see that many O-lineman in one post that something about it is retarded.

Good thought, carry on.

Frankie
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Sackintosh gave up three sacks. One to Brayton, two to Johnson.

On this one, Johnson is two yards upfield while Sackintosh sits in his stance like a cow.

LOL, "Sackintosh" the best nickname for him so far. Rep.

Chief Faithful
10-07-2008, 12:31 PM
LT - Albert, McIntosh
LG - Brian Waters
C - Wade Smith
RT - Herb Taylor

This would be much better than what is in place today. Although, I would like to see Niswanger continue to develop as the center. I believe Niswanger will become one of the best centers in the league in a year. Plus, a guy that finished with a 4.0 from college is a good guy to be making the line calls. Wade Smith looked really good at RG in the preseason so it would be productive and less disruptive to put him at RG.

Rain Man
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
LT - Albert, McIntosh
LG - Brian Waters
C - Wade Smith
RT - Herb Taylor

There's a chance that this could work, but I'm not sure the refs will allow us to use seven linemen.

Claynus
10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
There's a chance that this could work, but I'm not sure the refs will allow us to use seven linemen.

As long as you have seven men on the line of scrimmage it's legal, Kevin!

OL OL OL OL OL OL OL........WR
.............QB
.............FB
.............RB

Now we're playing Herm Edwards football!

Frankie
10-07-2008, 12:34 PM

:LOL:

Claynus
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
We could also bust out our revolutionary "stack" formation. POWER FOOTBALL, BABY!

OL OL OL OL OL........WR
.....OL QB OL
.........FB
.........RB

And in passing situations, two tackles for extra protection!

OL OL OL OL OL........WR
OL......QB.....OL
.........FB
.........RB

talastan
10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Delete those freaking posts before Herm starts taking coaching advice from Planet members.....Oh wait we might actually win a game?! Carry on!! :clap:

HemiEd
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM

But that only applys, to the instances where Herm wants it to apply.

morphius
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
We could also bust out our revolutionary "stack" formation. POWER FOOTBALL, BABY!

OL OL OL OL OL........WR
.....OL QB OL
.........FB
.........RB

OL OL OL OL OL........WR
OL......QB.....OL
.........FB
.........RB
Why not take the mystery out completely and dump the QB as well.

Stinger
10-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Why not take the mystery out completely and dump the QB as well.

I believe we have tried that already in the Raider and Atlanta game. Not to mention many would say the Carolina game as well. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

morphius
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I believe we have tried that already in the Raider and Atlanta game. Not to mention many would say the Jax game as well. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Sweet mother of pearl, we are now losing teams we haven't played yet. Not that Herm isn't bad enough.

talastan
10-07-2008, 01:03 PM
:LOL:

Stinger
10-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Sweet mother of pearl, we are now losing teams we haven't played yet. Not that Herm isn't bad enough.

:doh!:

nlm

Got a little ahead of myself there. Not that it makes any difference. Sub Carolina for Jax

TrickyNicky
10-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Why make any pretense about it? Lets just punt on first down.

Iowanian
10-08-2008, 05:15 PM
LT - Albert, McIntosh
LG - Brian Waters
C - Wade Smith
RT - Herb Taylor

*this*.

I think you put your best 5 Olinemen on the field. I do think that Taylor might be a little smallish for RT, but I'd take an smaller, capable and mobile RT over a turd walking in muddy clay any way of the week.

I've also been saying that I think Niswanger is too tall to keep leverage as a center and is a better option at Right guard.

turnis...as for Richardson....its because he can't be that much worse than McIntosh. He's young and green and I'd like to see him getting some series in(even if he's not starting) to 1. get experience 2. find out if he's potentially an option, instead of waiting for next offseason to guess.

Nightfyre
10-08-2008, 05:29 PM

OL OL OL OL OL........WR
.....OL QB OL
.........FB
.........RB

OL OL OL OL OL........WR
OL......QB.....OL
.........FB
.........RB

Only 6 on the los.

Claynus
10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Well, it IS a passing situation. Herm would OK two WRs I suppose.