PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Friend's Daughter with Cancer

NewChief
10-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Some good friends of ours are in need of prayers. Their 2 year old daughter has a bilateral retinoblastoma. They've been dealing with this for over a year now with lots of ups and downs, trips to St. Jude's, and prayers.

Right now, unfortunately, they're in a down as they've decided to try proton therapy, which is expensive ($140,000) and sort of a last resort. This family is extremely strong, but they are definitely in need of prayer.

The website can be viewed here. I don't want to sound like I'm soliciting, but you can also donate through their website if you're so inclined. Otherwise, prayers would be fine.
http://eleanorseyes.com/

ziggysocki
10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Good Thoughts and Prayers to them...I will pass the link as well.

Frankie
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Hey NewPhin. Old friends of mine had a boy that age who had cancer. He is college age now and cancer free. There's something about being that young that makes the chances of recovery much better. I've heard of many cases like that. I hope your friends little girl will be another one of those happy stats. My strong thoughts and prayers go to her and her family.

Sure-Oz
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family as well!

MIAdragon
10-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Our best friend lost her 8 year old daughter to cancer 2 years ago, our prayers are with your friends.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Done. No child should ever have to go through that.

DaFace
10-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. They're in my thoughts.

Donger
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
That's horrible. Please pass along my best wishes.

BigVE
10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
How sad, isn't that the cancer that makes the kid almost always lose the eye/eyes? Horrible for the family, hope all ends up alright.

NewChief
10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
How sad, isn't that the cancer that makes the kid almost always lose the eye/eyes? Horrible for the family, hope all ends up alright.

Yes. Up until this point, they've felt like she'd be able to keep both eyes and probably have vision in both. Now it's not looking as good, though they're very prayerful, positive people who believe that all things are possible.