PDA

View Full Version : Who to Start: P. Manning or K. Orton

Fish
10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Got a tough week this week. Indecisive on who to start.

Peyton Manning vs. Baltimore

or

Kyle Orton vs. Atlanta

Orton has been coming on pretty steadily, but I keep thinking Manning is poised for a breakout. Bal D scares me though.... Colts OLine has been shit this year...

Thoughts?

Thanks...

Dicky McElephant
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
You never bench Peyton Manning......although this might be the one time that you think about it. I'd go Manning.

SNR
10-10-2008, 02:03 PM
I might go Orton. Hell, even Tyler Thigpen scored a TD on them. Aaron Rodgers had a great game against them.

Orton has already proven he can do alright against soft defenses. Manning will probably get a TD (maybe two) against Baltimore, but he'll also make plenty of mistakes, I'm guessing.

El Jefe
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Fantasy rule number 1. Never bench Peyton Manning, are you crazy?

Fish
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Fantasy rule number 1. Never bench Peyton Manning, are you crazy?

Yes. I'm very unstable....

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm in the same boat, thinking about benching Addai...

Baltimore gives up next to nothing on the ground.

Dicky McElephant
10-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm in the same boat, thinking about benching Addai...

Baltimore gives up next to nothing on the ground.

Who are your other options at RB?

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Who are your other options at RB?

Absolute shit.

We start two.

My regular starters are Addai and the recently acquired Matt Forte.

I have ZERO depth, and would currently be forced to play either Sammy Morris or Selvin Young. Young is injured, so Morris would be the guy.

However, the guy who has Fred Taylor is apparently willing to give him up for peanuts, and is short on WR's (I'm VERY deep at WR) - so I'm throwing Isaac Bruce at him for Taylor.

Taylor against Denver MIGHT be a better play than Addai v. Baltimore.

The good thing is that the poor depth I have SHOULD actually help me come Forte's bye week - Morris plays the Rams that week, and has been getting the majority of the carries. Taylor (if I get him) plays Cleveland, another solid matchup, IMO.

StcChief
10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Good God. P.Manning. Orton could crash and burn at anytime.

rtmike
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Although the Ravens have played one less game than most teams, they're #1 at giving up the least amount of passing yards per game.
I thought someone was dinged in the Raven's secondary? I would think Indy's gonna set up rushing with the passing game first though?

Atlanta's 21st.

In my league Manning's at 55 points and Orton's at 67. If Orton had Lloyd I'd say Orton. IDK, it's a wash. I'd be almost half tempted to bench Peyton this week?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsTeam?stype=defense&div=NFL&stat=overallPassYpg&stable=overall&dir=descending&season=regular

After all that, I've been starting Brees all year. Half a dozen one or the other, I'm wondering if I should bench him for Bengals @ Favre or leave it Oakland @ Brees?

Danke.

Fish
10-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Although the Ravens have played one less game than most teams, they're #1 at giving up the least amount of passing yards per game.
I thought someone was dinged in the Raven's secondary? I would think Indy's gonna set up rushing with the passing game first though?

Atlanta's 21st.

In my league Manning's at 55 points and Orton's at 67. If Orton had Lloyd I'd say Orton. IDK, it's a wash. I'd be almost half tempted to bench Peyton this week?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsTeam?stype=defense&div=NFL&stat=overallPassYpg&stable=overall&dir=descending&season=regular

After all that, I've been starting Brees all year. Half a dozen one or the other, I'm wondering if I should bench him for Bengals @ Favre or leave it Oakland @ Brees?

Danke.

Good take. Thanks. This is pretty much where I'm at. And yes, Rolle is out for BAL. But Fabian Washington is his backup. Not a big dropoff there. And the Colts OLine is gonna give up some sacks. Orton has been pretty consistent. Especially against susceptible D's. I'm not giving up on Manning by any means, but I'm leaning to Orton for this matchup... Chicago has some momentum....

Nzoner
10-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Good take. Thanks. This is pretty much where I'm at. And yes, Rolle is out for BAL. But Fabian Washington is his backup. Not a big dropoff there. And the Colts OLine is gonna give up some sacks. Orton has been pretty consistent. Especially against susceptible D's. I'm not giving up on Manning by any means, but I'm leaning to Orton for this matchup... Chicago has some momentum....

Orton has 7 td's in his last 3 games,2 against Tampa,3 against Philly and 2 against Detroit and after watching a Lovie Smith interview the other night I'd say ride the kid until he gives you a reason not too,Lovie is lovin' the idea that his team now has a passing threat.

beach tribe
10-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Heh.

chagrin
10-18-2008, 06:31 AM
So how did this work out fish? I didn't know if you benched him or not

Tuckdaddy
10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Orton and there's no doubt.

Fish
10-25-2008, 05:10 PM
I went with Orton that week. He had 11 points less than Peyton, but I won anyway...

This week I'm almost questioning it again... Peyton sucks balls last week.... 9 points...