PDA

View Full Version : Opinons needed..."DEEP" line-up decision

Nzoner
10-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Chris Johnson is on bye leaving me with Earnest Graham vs. a very very stingy Carolina D so if I opt to bench Graham I've got a couple of options(our league is very deep and there is not much in the way of free agents).

A.Pick up and start Chris Perry(Bengals @ Jets) however,Benson and Watson were both just brought in because Perry has fumblitis but bottom line he's still the best they have and also keep in mind that Fitzpatrick not Palmer will be starting so could that make Perry more valuable in the short passing game.

B.Pick-up and start Leon Washington(Jets vs. Bengals),Favre has been on fire and Thomas Jones not-so-much since week 1.Bengals run D is pretty bad and last week Dallas utilized both their backs and Jones did very well on the outside thus my thinking on Leon Washington.

C.Forget A and B save the $5 transaction fee and hope that Graham can outdo the likes of LT,LJ,Forte etc against that Panthers D.

Ceej
10-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Zoner, do you get points for return yards? If so, Washington is the man.

However, if not, I'd probably roll with Graham this week.

DTLB58
10-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Zoner, do you get points for return yards? If so, Washington is the man.

However, if not, I'd probably roll with Graham this week.

I was going to ask the same....If your league gives the yards and or t.d.'s to the indiviual and not the team D Leon is a good pick-up.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be horrified at the idea of starting Graham and Gruden love to pound the rock in games like this. Good luck!

Nzoner
10-12-2008, 07:42 AM
If he returns a punt/kick-off for a td he gets 6 points as well as the Jets D/ST.My biggest worry is Warrick Dunn has been getting alot of carries the last couple of weeks and against Carolina I can see that increasing since he's the quicker/shiftier of the two.

I realize I'm trying to convince myself here but I'm hoping that Leon even with very few touches will be able to pull a Felix Jones and at least get me 10 points.

Ceej
10-12-2008, 08:05 AM
The more I think about it the more I would probably lean towards Washington.

I see NYJ blowing out Cincy, which would get Washington more carries.

Which sucks for me since I have Fitzpatrick throwing the ball to Housmanzadeh - one of my WRs this week.

Nzoner
10-13-2008, 03:08 PM
The more I think about it the more I would probably lean towards Washington.

I see NYJ blowing out Cincy, which would get Washington more carries.

Which sucks for me since I have Fitzpatrick throwing the ball to Housmanzadeh - one of my WRs this week.

I just had to overthink the situation and left 9 points on the bench with Graham,oh well lost the head-to-head anyway but still had a great week in the points race.