PDA

View Full Version : Elections And the McCain campaign shifts again..

Mecca
10-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Apparently Palins rally today in Pennsylvania was all about abortion....I guess they figure re-igniting the culture war and trying to get people to ignore the economy is their only shot at winning now that Ayers proved to be a bust.

Some of the online blogs have also suggested that the Connecticut court decision legalizing gay marriage is good news for the McCain campaign because they can use it as ammunition to fight the culture wars during the rest of the campaign.

I swear, if this election turns into "abortion, God, guns and gays" while the world economy spirals down the toilet, I am done with the human race.

***SPRAYER
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
At this point I don't think anybody really cares.

kstater
10-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I think this is actually a smart move. They need to re-rally their base to make this seem less of a landslide.

***SPRAYER
10-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I think this is actually a smart move. They need to re-rally their base to make this seem less of a landslide.

What base?

RJ
10-11-2008, 07:01 PM
What base?

Are you daft, man? The base! The people in those videos Dirk has posted. Sheesh.

HolmeZz
10-11-2008, 07:01 PM

They already had the base. That was the point of the attacks the last week; to get the base fired up. The abortion issue is just preaching to the choir.

People have more important things they care about, particularly since absolutely nothing will be done about Roe V. Wade regardless of who's elected. How did voting for W. because of the abortion issue turn out for them?

Republicans aren't about to trade in one of their big wedge issues.

RINGLEADER
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah, McCain has run one of the worst campaigns in recent memory. And Obama has run one of the best.

I don't get to see many ads for Obama out here in California but his healthcare one ran a few times yesterday and I have to say that, while I don't agree with his general goals on most economic and defense issues, this healthcare ad was brilliantly conceived. It's the one that starts out with his "O" logo in the middle and then defines (not exactly accurately, but we are talking politics here) the campaign's impression of a far left example and then a far right example before settling back in on the "O" in the middle. It really is a great campaign ad because the subliminal message is that Obama is in the middle. Really, really effectively done.

:clap: for the crisp politics.

:shake: for the substance.

I hope he gets in and proves me wrong on the things that bother me the most. I'm hoping partisanship keeps him centered.

irishjayhawk
10-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah, McCain has run one of the worst campaigns in recent memory. And Obama has run one of the best.

I don't get to see many ads for Obama out here in California but his healthcare one ran a few times yesterday and I have to say that, while I don't agree with his general goals on most economic and defense issues, this healthcare ad was brilliantly conceived. It's the one that starts out with his "O" logo in the middle and then defines (not exactly accurately, but we are talking politics here) the campaign's impression of a far left example and then a far right example before settling back in on the "O" in the middle. It really is a great campaign ad because the subliminal message is that Obama is in the middle. Really, really effectively done.

I hope he gets in and proves me wrong on the things that bother me the most. I'm hoping partisanship keeps him centered.

To be fair, it's kinda hard to put substance (that would do the subject justice) in a 30 second ad.

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 12:21 AM

I'm surprised this is the best copy I could find:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yJo5h4u2xc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-yJo5h4u2xc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know how much more substance you would've liked. That was fairly detailed for a 30 second spot.

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm hoping partisanship keeps him centered.I do too.

SNR
10-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I swear, if this election turns into "abortion, God, guns and gays" while the world economy spirals down the toilet, I am done with the human race.Sooooo.... kill yourself?