PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Palin booed loudly at Flyers game

HolmeZz
10-11-2008, 07:50 PM
You'd figure hockey fans would be one of her better demographics.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7TgDanmWkg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7TgDanmWkg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The best part might've been the 'Obama/Biden' signs right behind her.

Programmer
10-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Philly, home of numerous democrats, boisterious ones at that. What did you expect?

HolmeZz
10-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Philly, home of numerous democrats, boisterious ones at that. What did you expect?

That the woman who's basically tried to tie herself to the 'hockey' demographic wouldn't get booed out of the building in front of a crowd full of a lot of suburban whites.

Don't you remember? "People love her because she's just like them!"

If your point is that you expected her to get booed out of the building, for what reason do you believe the McCain campaign had her do this?

Bill Parcells
10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
That the woman who's basically tried to tie herself to the 'hockey' demographic wouldn't get booed out of the building in front of a crowd full of a lot of suburban whites.

If your point is that you expected her to get booed out of the building, for what reason do you believe the McCain campaign had her do this?

You live in CT. have you ever been to Philly? LOL @ Suburban white folks

HolmeZz
10-11-2008, 08:10 PM
You live in CT. have you ever been to Philly?

Quite a bit. I love the city.

LOL @ Suburban white folks

They are pretty funny, especially the handful of Flyer fans I know.

Philly fans are obviously notorious for booing, but this is clearly the type of demographic the McCain campaign figured she'd do well with. Otherwise it's inexplicable why they'd trot her out in that environment. The fact that this is supposed to be the type of voter McCain is targeting with the use of her is as telling as the fact that it failed.

Programmer
10-11-2008, 08:14 PM

I spent a year in Philly. The people I associated with were largely democrat.

I worked at the old Spectrum for the Flyers and 76'ers. Almost all of the guys on the Crew were democrats. I wouldn't expect anything but what she got.

You might say what you feel, but that's basically coming from your side of the fence. There are alot of Americans that see her as the common woman, just like the rest of the population, doesn't mean they like her or will vote for her.

HolmeZz
10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I spent a year in Philly. The people I associated with were largely democrat.

Really? What were you doing palling around with Democrats? Didn't you learn anything from the Ayers mess? Now this means you're a Democrat. You obviously condone baby-killing and anal sex.

I worked at the old Spectrum for the Flyers and 76'ers. Almost all of the guys on the Crew were democrats. I wouldn't expect anything but what she got.

I'm not talking about people who work in the city. I'm talking about the people who live in the suburbs(most of the Flyers fans I know happen to) and were at the home opener. The suburbs around Philadelphia are not, or at least aren't supposed to be, heavily Democratic. They're usually what can swing a statewide election in Pennsylvania.

You might say what you feel, but that's basically coming from your side of the fence. There are alot of Americans that see her as the common woman, just like the rest of the population, doesn't mean they like her or will vote for her.

She's portrayed herself as a typical hockey mom. If the McCain camp is trotting her out at hockey games and she's getting booed out of the building, exactly how broad is her appeal? McCain's campaign CLEARLY thought this was a good move or they wouldn't have done it.

clemensol
10-11-2008, 08:30 PM

As someone who has lived in the philly area for my entire life, I guarantee that at least 90% of fans at flyers games are suburban whites, with the other 10% being inner city whites.

Programmer
10-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Really? What were you doing palling around with Democrats? Didn't you learn anything from the Ayers mess? Now this means you're a Democrat. You obviously condone baby-killing and anal sex.

I'm not talking about people who work in the city. I'm talking about the people who live in the suburbs(most of the Flyers fans I know happen to) and were at the home opener. The suburbs around Philadelphia are not, or at least aren't supposed to be, heavily Democratic. They're usually what can swing a statewide election in Pennsylvania.

She's portrayed herself as a typical hockey mom. If the McCain camp is trotting her out at hockey games and she's getting booed out of the building, exactly how broad is her appeal? McCain's campaign CLEARLY thought this was a good move or they wouldn't have done it.

You are one sick and deranged MoFo.

I'm not sure where you get your information but it seems to be quite a distance from factual.

HolmeZz
10-11-2008, 08:38 PM
You are one sick and deranged MoFo.

:spock:

I'm not sure where you get your information but it seems to be quite a distance from factual.

Tell me what's not factual.

Programmer
10-11-2008, 08:40 PM
:spock:

Tell me what's not factual.

Anything you say dude, anything you say.

Bill Parcells
10-11-2008, 08:45 PM
As someone who has lived in the philly area for my entire life, I guarantee that at least 90% of fans at flyers games are suburban whites, with the other 10% being inner city whites.

OK, maybe you have a point. I've only been to Sixer's games back at the old spectrum. :evil:

Ultra Peanut
10-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, let's introduce her to Philadelphia sports fans. Good plan, Walnuts.

RJ
10-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I like Philadelphia, it's a cool city, despite the fact they lead the nation in rude MF'ers per capita. I don't know hockey, but couldn't the McCain camp have found a better town to send Palin to if they wanted her to attend a hockey game? C'mon, Philly booed Santa Claus, and Santa Claus is way, way cooler than Palin.

RJ
10-11-2008, 08:54 PM
OK, maybe you have a point. I've only been to Sixer's games back at the old spectrum. :evil:

Heh. I've never been to a Flyers game but I assume it's a slightly different crowd.

Programmer
10-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Heh. I've never been to a Flyers game but I assume it's a slightly different crowd.

The fans were fun in the mid 70's. But the Flyers were a dynasty at the time, that may have had something to do with the fans.

Otter
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
I go to quiet a few Flyers Games and can attest to the fact that they have indeed booed Santa Clause and boo for the sake of booing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As far as Philly leading the nation in assholes; that would be Boston but Philly is only a rank or two behind.

RJ
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I go to quiet a few Flyers Games and can attest to the fact that they have indeed booed Santa Clause and boo for the sake of booing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As far as Philly leading the nation in assholes; that would be Boston but Philly is only a rank or two behind.

It's close. Real close.

Bill Parcells
10-11-2008, 10:06 PM

If the United States needed an enigma, Boston would be where the tube would be placed.

***SPRAYER
10-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Boston Assachusetts, home of John Kerry, Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy, and will also help put this POS in the white house

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/3173/2461990750043721874S500x500Q85.jpg

Thig Lyfe
10-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Boston Assachusetts, home of John Kerry, Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy, and will also help put this POS in the white house

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/3173/2461990750043721874S500x500Q85.jpg

What a fucking moron you are.

***SPRAYER
10-11-2008, 10:30 PM
What a ****ing moron you are.

Go ahead on November 4 and slit your own throat.

http://www.renewamerica.us/images/columns/080526vernon.jpg

Fish
10-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Go ahead on November 4 and slit your own throat.

http://www.renewamerica.us/images/columns/080526vernon.jpg

Obama = Suicide!!!

ROFL

***SPRAYER
10-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Obama = Suicide!!!

ROFL

http://pajamasmedia.com/files/2008/05/atbashian2.jpg

bango
10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Anything you say dude, anything you say.

I am happy to see that you are finally starting to agree with your fellow DC Crowd.

bango
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Does Palin being booed there mean that the State is still up for grabs?

Ultra Peanut
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Boston Assachusetts, home of John Kerry, Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy, and will also help put this POS in the white houseMore MS Paints, please. Your desperation and disillusionment taste so crisp and refreshing!

NewChief
10-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Stay classy, Philly. Nothing like booing a woman walking out with her kids (though maybe only two doesn't really make a quorum in the Palin house?).

irishjayhawk
10-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Stay classy, Philly. Nothing like booing a woman walking out with her kids (though maybe only two doesn't really make a quorum in the Palin house?).

You can't boo someone if their kids are around?

penchief
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. At least they could have been cool because of the kids.

On the other hand, she probably shouldn't have been dragging her kids out there just in case such a thing happened. She's been saying some pretty spiteful things on the campaign trail and she had to know that some boos were probably inevitable. It makes me wonder if she didn't think that taking her kids out there with her might help to keep from getting booed.

RINGLEADER
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
ROFL.

I always like it when politicians hide behind little children when they know they might be boo'd...Send a kid out there too so the fans don't get TOO out of hand...lol...

penchief
10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
ROFL.

I always like it when politicians hide behind little children when they know they might be boo'd...Send a kid out there too so the fans don't get TOO out of hand...lol...

Honestly? Judging from her conduct so far in this campaign I wouldn't put it past her.

RJ
10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Terrorists hide behind children. Coincidence?

irishjayhawk
10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
ROFL.

It's not like their mom isn't a dumbass either way.

Thig Lyfe
10-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Terrorists hide behind children. Coincidence?

The McCain campaign has been conducting intellectual terrorism for some time now.

wazu
10-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh come on. I watched that, and a few fans booed. The thread title is a gross exaggeration. And the few liberal whackjobs who booed this woman also booed two little girls who were out there with her, so screw them.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Um you didn't hear the extreme deep boo to open that eh?

Little girls eh, that one is pregnant so she ain't so little.

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Oh come on. I watched that, and a few fans booed. The thread title is a gross exaggeration. And the few liberal whackjobs who booed this woman also booed two little girls who were out there with her, so screw them.

You're ****ing nuts. That was extremely loud booing and that was with the PA announcer and the arena music blasting.

wazu
10-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Um you didn't hear the extreme deep boo to open that eh?

Little girls eh, that one is pregnant so she ain't so little.

I heard the boos at the beginning that were drowned out by cheering. Making it sound like something close to unanimity is a reach, though. I've spent enough time at Arrowhead to know that 5,000 people booing is damn loud and overpowering. The fact that it was quickly drowned out tells me the majority of the crowd wanted none of it.

Ultra Peanut
10-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Adam has a cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush.

He thinks Sarah's cuuuuuuuuuuuute.

Adam isn't liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistening.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 01:35 AM
That's some good spin,do you work for Fox news?

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 01:41 AM
I heard the boos at the beginning that were drowned out by cheering. Making it sound like something close to unanimity is a reach, though. I've spent enough time at Arrowhead to know that 5,000 people booing is damn loud and overpowering. The fact that it was quickly drowned out tells me the majority of the crowd wanted none of it.

You're out of your skull. You can hear the booing continue for most of the clip. Any 'drowning out' you're hearing is likely in comparison to the music and the PA announcer.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 01:42 AM
She's lucky they didn't throw batteries at her.

ClevelandBronco
10-12-2008, 03:01 AM
It's a shame for all of us, really.

I don't support most of what Sen. Obama stands for, but I'd never "boo" him down.

Really. Never. It's just entirely out of line.

Some of these twits need to grow up before they're allowed to vote.

ClevelandBronco
10-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Fuck it. Allow them to experiment with voting, then try to teach them how important that vote is.

Bill Parcells
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM

The libtards are on a roll and you're getting the circle jerk angry. :evil:

If Homelzzz, UP and Mecca say they booed her, they booed her. they're always right, and never wrong. at least they never admit when they're wrong.

Count Alex's Losses
10-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Stay classy, Philly. Nothing like booing a woman walking out with her kids.

God, when are people going to stop using kids as a fucking excuse for everything?

penchief
10-12-2008, 07:08 AM
**** it. Allow them to experiment with voting, then try to teach them how important that vote is.

I think the last eight years has taught us how important that vote is.

KCJohnny
10-12-2008, 08:34 AM

:clap:

Brock
10-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Philly fans booed Santa Claus.

jjjayb
10-12-2008, 09:12 AM
You'd figure hockey fans would be one of her better demographics.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7TgDanmWkg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7TgDanmWkg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The best part might've been the 'Obama/Biden' signs right behind her.

OMG!!! Oh noes!!! the crowds are getting out of hand! The dems are inciting people to riot!!! They must have used her middle name to cause all of this commotion. It's dirty tactics I tell you!

KCJohnny
10-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Philly fans booed Santa Claus.

:clap:

Gotta love Philly.

Thig Lyfe
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
OMG!!! Oh noes!!! the crowds are getting out of hand! The dems are inciting people to riot!!! They must have used her middle name to cause all of this commotion. It's dirty tactics I tell you!

Yeah, booing is totally the same thing as yelling "Kill him".

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 11:09 AM

ROFL

When did it become a rule not to boo when children are near?

Mecca
10-12-2008, 11:11 AM
ROFL

When did it become a rule not to boo when children are near?

I've seen church people treat pregnant girls way worse than just booing....

And guess what it's a sporting event if people don't like you they boo.

BigChiefFan
10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes, let's exploit children for political benefit. Can anyone say Flyers jersey?

ROYC75
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a 50 - 50 mix......Hard to tell with the music. It wasn't an all out boo like Carl would get at a KC function.

PhillyChiefFan
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM

There are a few of us. :D

Ultra Peanut
10-12-2008, 11:56 AM

I don't support most of what Sen. Obama stands for, but I'd never "boo" him down.

Really. Never. It's just entirely out of line.

Some of these twits need to grow up before they're allowed to vote.Isn't booing people whose ideas you hate the foundation this country was built upon?

Thig Lyfe
10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a 50 - 50 mix......Hard to tell with the music. It wasn't an all out boo like Carl would get at a KC function.

You mean like this kind of 50 - 50 mix?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTkqosRiyYo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTkqosRiyYo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bango
10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Thank God that she did not have Trig with her or her and McCain supporters would be claiming that the crowd was booing a child with special needs.

bango
10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Also does anyone have a count as to how many of the Flyers and/or Rangers her and her oldest daughter took on in the locker room after the game was over?

Adept Havelock
10-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Also does anyone have a count as to how many of the Flyers and/or Rangers her and her oldest daughter took on in the locker room after the game was over?

Larry Flynt does, you betcha! :p

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 12:54 PM

Really. Never. It's just entirely out of line

No, you just insisted he take a shovel to the back of his wife's head and leave her for dead in a ditch.

That's much classier than booing.

MahiMike
10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Man - woulda been a great time for a high stick.

Logical
10-12-2008, 02:47 PM
You're out of your skull. You can hear the booing continue for most of the clip. Any 'drowning out' you're hearing is likely in comparison to the music and the PA announcer.Adam so want's to f*ck her that he is in full protect mode, like she is his girlfriend. Sort of sad.

Logical
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Anything you say dude, anything you say.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=81637&stc=1&d=1222885122

ClevelandBronco
10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
No, you just insisted he take a shovel to the back of his wife's head and leave her for dead in a ditch.

That's much classier than booing.

Was it a shovel? I thought it was a baseball bat.

Memory fails.