PDA

View Full Version : Elections Palin KOs Obama on the most important issue of our times

KCJohnny
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/nGnS4kOIoik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="525" height="340" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it.

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2008, 09:41 AM
If he's KO'd, does that mean the election is over? Does this erase his ~8 point lead?

wutamess
10-12-2008, 09:43 AM
There a clif notes version?

KCJohnny
If he's KO'd, does that mean the election is over? Does this erase his ~8 point lead?

Not at all. But there is a standard higher than 'majority rules'. I hope you actually watched the video. Middle America understands what the Governor is explaining.

irishjayhawk
Some notes:

- Children have to be born to be a "child"
- Godspeak is, again, scary.
- If God loves all of those, why does he abort many through miscarriage.
- This crowd is pretty stupid
- "living breathing babies" Interesting, I thought a single cell was too.
- Abortion, I believe, is on the way out of the issues of the country. Or I hope.
- Debate on life - we already have it. It's called if you want one, you get one; if you don't, you don't.

- Preaching to the choir.

I do wonder what she'd say to the accusation that this is the first ticket in history that has had both candidates convicted of wrong doing before the election. (Keating 5, Troopergate)

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Not at all. But there is a standard higher than 'majority rules'. I hope you actually watched the video. Middle America understands what the Governor is explaining.Do you understand what KO means?

KCJohnny
10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Some notes:

- Abortion, I believe, is on the way out of the issues of the country. Or I hope.
- Debate on life - we already have it. It's called if you want one, you get one; if you don't, you don't.

I do wonder what she'd say to the accusation that this is the first ticket in history that has had both candidates convicted of wrong doing before the election. (Keating 5, Troopergate)

People, please take note of the type of darkness we are dealing with here. This type of misinformation, antihuman and antifamily rhetoric is at the root of our moral devolution.

This person thinks speaking of God, Who is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence as the source of our right to life, is scary. It is telling that Governor Palin's loudest applause lines had to do with these 'self-evident' truths. Apparently some people's distorted, ugly and antilife views are not even at the level of self-evident.

He at last after goring the moral values of our beloved nation without regard for denomination or party turns on the American voters: "- This crowd is pretty stupid".

:shake:

America is one nation under God, and the poster quoted above is on the wrong side of traditional American moral values.

God bless Sarah Palin for the courage to bring up this most divisive and determinative issue of the American experiment.

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 09:57 AM
People, please take note of the type of darkness we are dealing with here. This type of misinformation, antihuman and antifamily rhetoric is at the root of our moral devolution.

This person thinks speaking of God, Who is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence as the source of our right to life, is scary. It is telling that Governor Palin's loudest applause lines had to do with these 'self-evident' truths. Apparently some people's distorted, ugly and antilife views are not even at the level of self-evident.

He at last after goring the moral values of our beloved nation without regard for denomination or party turns on the American voters: "- This crowd is pretty stupid".

America is one nation under God, and the poster quoted above is on the wrong side of traditional American moral values.

God bless Sarah Palin for the courage to bring up this most divisive and determinative issue of the American experiment.

So, you really have nothing?

And if you want "misinformation", continue spewing the nonsense that America was founded under Christian beliefs. Please do. It's funny.

Also note that simply leaving the choice with the mother is "antifamily" and "antihuman". People, please take note of the type of stupid we are dealing with here.

OnTheWarpath58
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM
The most important issue of our times to who?

You?

OnTheWarpath58
10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
So, you really have nothing?

And if you want "misinformation", continue spewing the nonsense that America was founded under Christian beliefs. Please do. It's funny.

Also note that simply leaving the choice with the mother is "antifamily" and "antihuman". People, please take note of the type of stupid we are dealing with here.

Duly noted, but keep in mind the book on this guy reads like "War and Peace."

We're running out of bandwidth to store his stupidity.

Fish
10-12-2008, 10:09 AM

Yes.... God bless Sarah Palin for making the Republican campaign look pathetic. God bless her stubborn insistence on injecting her religion into everything. God bless her for being such a decisive factor in getting Obama to the white house!

KC Jones
10-12-2008, 10:10 AM
This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand.

I give you points for getting one out of three right.

KCJohnny
10-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes.... God bless Sarah Palin for making the Republican campaign look pathetic. God bless her stubborn insistence on injecting her religion into everything. God bless her for being such a decisive factor in getting Obama to the white house!

The fact that it riles radicals like you is proof that her convictions resonate with middle America. There's a reason Reagan buried Carter and Mondale. Sarah Palin embodies all that is good and wholesome and virtuous about our great nation.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 10:14 AM
It scares me that there are people who think that abortion is the most important issue of our times, especially in these times.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 10:15 AM
The fact that it riles radicals like you is proof that her convictions resonate with middle America. There's a reason Reagan buried Carter and Mondale. Sarah Palin embodies all that is good and wholesome and virtuous about our great nation.

Yeah, because Carter was an idiot all around. You could have beaten Carter. Palin is a hail mary of an attempt to lure Hillary supporters to vote for the "moderate" McCain, nothing more.

OnTheWarpath58
10-12-2008, 10:21 AM
It scares me that there are people who think that abortion is the most important issue of our times, especially in these times.

You and me both.

My friend.

:D

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 10:33 AM

And stupid.

VAChief
10-12-2008, 10:35 AM
You might save more "babies" if churches put more efforts into helping people instead of shaming them when they get pregnant out of wedlock. Reversing Roe v Wade won't stop abortions, it just means we go back to later term, back alley abortions.

I hate them as much as the next person and don't think they should be allowed after the first trimester. Palin is not a visionary, she can't see past black and white let alone the nuances of an issue like this, God help us if this uneducated drone gets in the White House.

BucEyedPea
10-12-2008, 10:37 AM
You might save more "babies" if churches put more efforts into helping people instead of shaming them when they get pregnant out of wedlock.

That is sooooo out-of-date. Please post some evidence that this is a fact currently. As far as I know, there are church groups that do charity work for unwed mothers and help them put the baby up for adoption.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2008, 10:42 AM
That is sooooo out-of-date. Please post some evidence that this is a fact currently. As far as I know, there are church groups that do charity work for unwed mothers and help them put the baby up for adoption.

Obviously enough to fill the gap.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I think some of the people that post on this forum are a good example of why abortion should be legal and used more.....notice the thread starter.

VAChief
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM

I think if you read the post closer I said "more" efforts, not that there were none.

In my local Methodist church the pastor told a daughter of a friend of mine she couldn't sing in the youth choir any longer because she was pregnant. Never mind that she was KEEPING the baby. I left the church, and went to another. No not all are like this, but my older cousin had a similar experience where she was shamed after keeping her baby and getting MARRIED.

So I probably am a little more judgmental based on my experiences with the pious.

Fish
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM

I'm not riled up in the slightest. In fact I find slight comfort in the fact that she's handling her campaign like she is. She's making it easier for the Dems. The fact that you use examples like this to try and prove her connection with the public will make it all the more humorous to see the meltdown in November...

DaKCMan AP
10-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Sarah Palin embodies all that is good and wholesome and virtuous about our great nation.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

:spock:

Please put down the crack pipe.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 10:53 AM
A program at her church entitled.....pray the gay away.......yea that is good and wholesome uh huh.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 10:56 AM
A program at her church entitled.....pray the gay away.......yea that is good and wholesome uh huh.

F@gs and baby killers are the most important issue of our times. Proctor said so.

KCJohnny
10-12-2008, 10:56 AM

BEP is correct, as usual. The real problem is the subsidizing of out-of-wedlock births which the federal government has been bankrolling since the 1960s. As long as the government rewards illigitimate births it will be fueling the abortion industry and plunging our nation into an anti-baby, anti life culture of promiscuity and death.

It is beyond argument that anyone could defende the flat out murder of 40 million murders of innocent American babies. Sarah Palin is 100% right. And those who posted on this entry without viewing her comments are the worst kind of head-in-the-sand cowards.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 10:57 AM
You'd think these anti abortion loons would get along with gay people who has less abortions than gay people? You'd think they'd make natural allies...

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 10:58 AM
BEP is correct, as usual. The real problem is the subsidizing of out-of-wedlock births which the federal government has been bankrolling since the 1960s. As long as the government rewards illigitimate births it will be fueling the abortion industry and plunging our nation into an anti-baby, anti life culture of promiscuity and death.

It is beyond argument that anyone could defende the flat out murder of 40 million murders of innocent American babies. Sarah Palin is 100% right. And those who posted on this entry without viewing her comments are the worst kind of head-in-the-sand cowards.

Did you know that abortion is a crime deterrent?

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM

Define child. Define baby.

Mecca
Don't encourage his stupidity!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Sarah Palin embodies all that is good and wholesome and virtuous about our great nation.

kill yourself.

Fish
10-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Yes.... we should be punishing these evil doers and their illegitimate births...

We should stone them in the town square! That'd teach em... just like the good 'ol days....

Bowser
10-12-2008, 11:01 AM

What the f*ck?

Adept Havelock
10-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Do you understand what KO means?

Sure. She Keith Olbermanned him. She threw out some party-base red meat rhetoric, and some folks sat up wagging their tails right on cue barking "Abortion Bad, Sarah Good!" ;)

BigChiefFan
10-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Johnny is a fucking loon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Johnny is a fucking loon.

Any epithet uttered at Johnny is an insult to the people that the term is intended to slander.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM

You forgot "stupid".

She's an insult to intelligent, smart women everywhere.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Define child. Define baby.

It doesn't matter.

IF Roe v. Wade were to be overturned (which it won't), 32 states currently have legislation in place that will allow legal abortions.

This shouldn't even be an issue. And clearly, it's not.

Except with the Republicans, and she's already got their vote.

Hey Sarah, how about addressing a real issue?

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/nGnS4kOIoik" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="525" height="340">This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it.

So, people in the population centers in the Northeast and Pacific West don't "get it"?

Are we not smart enough to "get it"?

Or is it just that we've all moved on to more important issues of the day?

WTF are you implying here?

Mecca
10-12-2008, 11:46 AM
They'll never overturn it because if they did what golden carrot would they dangle at the loons then?

Reaper16
10-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Good grief. "The most important issue of our times?" The "courage" to use damaging rhetoric for political gain? You're full of shit. You are fucked in the head if you think you're passing along the Word of God with this shit.

phisherman
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it.

for the 2nd, 3rd, or probably 50th time. please stop speaking for "Middle America" as you call it.

i live in middle america and think that palin is a 1st class loony. and trust me, i'm not the only one.

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Someone who believes a woman should be forced by the government to give birth to their rapist's baby is accusing someone else of being radical on the issue of abortion? Do I have that right?

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 01:00 PM
March 1936 All Over Again
By Dr. Earl Tilford
FrontPageMagazine.com | Friday, October 10, 2008

Near the conclusion of Tuesday night’s second presidential “town-hall” style debate, a questioner from the audience asked each candidate what he would do if Iran attacked Israel. Both candidates gave somewhat vague replies, focusing on the traditionally close relationship between the United States and Israel. In any event, if Iran ever attacks Israel, other than through its Lebanon-based surrogate Hezbollah, it will be with nuclear-tipped missiles, in which case Israel will be obliterated before the United States can respond.

The more pertinent question for the candidates is, “What will you do if and when Israel carries out a preemptive attack on Iranian nuclear facilities?” At that point both deterrence and appeasement will have failed.

On March 7, 1936, Adolph Hitler ordered his newly revived German army into the Rhineland, that strip of land between Germany and France that had been demilitarized by clauses in the Versailles Treaty, stipulating the area must be kept free of military garrisons and installations. On paper, the French and British army and air forces were so vastly superior to those of Germany that the German general staff planned a coup d’ etat to remove Hitler from power if the allies acted. France and England demurred. An emboldened Hitler accelerated German rearmament. War became inevitable.

Hitler did not believe western leaders would react because he felt they were distracted by a global depression, because French political leadership was in disarray and weak, and because other than belatedly voting economic sanctions against Italy for invading Ethiopia the previous year, the League of Nations did nothing.

Leap to 2008. Last month, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered a vile, anti-Semitic/anti-United States diatribe before the U.N. General Assembly, attributing the world’s economic woes to Zionist manipulation of the global economy. He declared Israel, that “rotting stinking corpse,” to be in the throes of its last days, and predicted the impending end to the United States as a world power.

Intelligence services generally agree that Iran is six months to two years away from becoming a nuclear power. Ahmadinejad has vowed to use that power against Israel and the United States. Like Hitler, Ahmadinejad adheres to a millenarian apocalyptic worldview, and like the Fuhrer of the Thousand Year Reich, he would be just as willing to culminate his twisted vision in a horrific, possibly civilization-ending spasm of violence.

As surely as Hitler sensed Western weakness in 1936, Ahmadinejad senses it today. Following his address to the United Nations, quislings of the National Council of Churches, Mennonites and Quakers honored Ahmadinejad with a banquet. Left-leaning Christians from other denominations attended, including a trio representing the Presbyterian Church, USA, one of the leading liberal Protestant groups. Additionally, it seems Ahmadinejad follows the current American presidential race. If so, he knows that half the American electorate appears poised to vote for a candidate who opposed removing Saddam Hussein from power, opposed providing additional troops needed to implement the surge strategy and only belatedly conceded its efficacy, and also advocated unconditional talks with Tehran. Perhaps most encouragingly (to Ahmadinejad), that candidate evidently maintains a relationship with the unrepentant founder of the ultra-violent Weather Underground, University of Illinois at Chicago professor William Ayers; a man who according to a recent New York Times article, excuses bombings perpetrated by the Weather Underground based on a contrived moral equivalency between terrorism and U.S. military attacks on communist forces in Indochina. If appeasement prevails in the upcoming election, the gateway to war will swing wide in late 2008, as wide as in 1936. Another September 1939 may become inevitable.

Israel will not allow another September 1939. If the Iranians continue undeterred towards acquiring nuclear weapons, the Israelis are likely to strike; and from their perspective sooner rather than later. The vaunted Israeli Air Force (IAF) can carry out a substantial raid to degrade Iran’s nuclear infrastructure. The IAF cannot, however, reduce Iranian military capabilities enough to forestall substantial Iranian retaliation.

Iranian retaliation will attempt to further undermine the world economy by attacking shipping in the Persian Gulf along with oil fields in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States. Shi-ite elements in Iraq and Afghanistan, possibly joined by Iranian forces, will try to overwhelm outnumbered American forces. Hezbollah, stronger in southern Lebanon today than it was in 2006 when it last attacked Israel, will strike again; this time joined by a dangerous Hamas militia in Gaza. Syria, sensing opportunity, may attack from the north. An overwhelmed Israel may resort to its nuclear option.

If Israel attacks Iran, the only way to prevent a regional catastrophe from mushrooming into a global one will be for U.S. forces to join in, to significantly degrade Iranian retaliatory capabilities. Only American air and sea power can accomplish what the IAF acting alone cannot. But it will take decisive leadership in Washington to opt for “full-commitment.” Israel likely will wait for the results flowing from the first Tuesday in November before acting. If those results portend weakness and vacillation, Israel likely will strike before January 20, 2009.

Hitler’s re-militarization of the Rhineland decisively weakened France’s strategic position. France’s much-advertised and recently completed Maginot Line defenses running from the Swiss Alps to the Ardennes Forest became largely irrelevant once German troops were poised along the Rhine. Its allies in Eastern Europe grew wary of French credibility. Political leaders in Paris and London, seemingly feeling their political stature reduced, wallowed in indecisiveness. Defeatism in 1936 blossomed into appeasement at Munich in 1938 and then wilted into military collapse on the battlefields of western France in June 1940. Europe entered what Winston Churchill called, “a new Dark Age.”

Regardless of who wins the presidential election in 2008, a fragile economic situation looms on the horizon, underscoring our precarious position. Ultimately, swords—not plowshares—stand between civilization and barbarism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Earl Tilford is Professor of History at Grove City College and enjoyed an extensive military career in the U.S. Air Force. He is former director of research at the U.S. Army's Strategic Studies Institute, where he worked on a project that looked at future terrorist threats. He also authored three books on the Vietnam War and co-edited one book on Operation Desert Storm.

http://www.frontpagemag.com

Bowser
10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
SHTSPRAYER comes through again with the relevant information, this time with a hard hitting rebuttal on the abortion debate.

keg in kc
10-12-2008, 01:10 PM
She's basically a figurehead for the whack-job demographic, who was voting for McCain already anyway. She's cost them the election with anybody with even a single active brain cell.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
She's basically a figurehead for the whack-job demographic, who was voting for McCain already anyway. She's cost them the election with anybody with even a single active brain cell.

As suspected, we now have confirmation that Shtsprayer and Programmer have less than one active brain cell.

keg in kc
10-12-2008, 01:12 PM
As suspected, we now have confirmation that Shtsprayer and Programmer have less than one active brain cell.between them.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 01:14 PM
As suspected, we now have confirmation that Shtsprayer and Programmer have less than one active brain cell.

Obviously, you have queer issues. [/Tom]

Saulbadguy
10-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, the truest measure of society is how it defends those who are least able to speak or defend themselves.

For pro-lifers, this really only applies to those who are in the womb. After that, you are on your own and not so defenseless.

|Zach|
10-12-2008, 01:17 PM
KO!

Reaper16
10-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the truest measure of society is how it defends those who are least able to speak or defend themselves.

For pro-lifers, this really only applies to those who are in the womb. After that, you are on your own and not so defenseless.
BOOTSTRAPS

penchief
10-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Like being a liar? Palin is a liar who abuses her power. And you're a hypocrite.

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Like charging rape victims for their rape kits.

Or firing the police chief because he won't shitcan your sister's ex-husband.

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 01:39 PM
:)

Thig Lyfe
10-12-2008, 01:42 PM

You are a, how you say, retard.

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Socialism? Is that anything like suggesting the government buy off all bad mortgages?

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Socialism? Is that anything like suggesting the government buy off all bad mortgages?

Exactly. Our choice is either

A. Communist Obama
B. Liberal McCain

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 01:51 PM

A. Communist Obama
B. Liberal McCain

ROFL

Mecca
10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd like to add anyone who thinks abortion is the most important issue of our times is a dumb fuck.

Some lady I don't know having an abortion means exactly jack and shit to me.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2008, 01:54 PM

A. Communist Obama
B. Liberal McCain

I'm surprised that you don't want socialism.

With the sheer number of posts you've accumulated in a short period of time, it's becoming evident that you're unemployed.

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2008, 01:55 PM
The fact that it riles radicals like you is proof that her convictions resonate with middle America. There's a reason Reagan buried Carter and Mondale. Sarah Palin embodies all that is good and wholesome and virtuous about our great nation.Awesome.

HolmeZz
10-12-2008, 01:56 PM
ROFL

The Right is hilarious. Bush sucks for 8 years and their excuse is that it was because he was liberal.

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
The Right is hilarious. Bush sucks for 8 years and their excuse is that he never acted like a conservative and was more of a liberal.

I'm more curious as to what "right" is anymore. It seems everything is merely liberal, which is slightly better than communistic.

Jenson71
10-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Sarah Palin is the messiah!

keg in kc
10-12-2008, 02:00 PM
What strikes me funny is that by Proctor's world view, Palin should actually shut up so the menfolk can talk. Back in the kitchen, sugar!

irishjayhawk
10-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Sarah Palin is the messiah!

It is a funny juxtaposition.

beer bacon
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it. This is something that marxist, pragmatist, materialist proponents just can't understand. But you can bet middle America gets it.

Is middle America guys bringing Obama monkeys to Palin-McCain 08 rallies shouting, "Kill him! Traitor! Terrorist!!?"

You betcha!

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
BECAUSE OF OBAMA I ASPIRE TO BE AN ARCHITECT!

ROFL

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
BECAUSE OF OBAMA I ASPIRE TO BE AN ASTRONAUT!

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2008, 02:55 PM
ROFL

That's your response?

What, are you 16?

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 02:57 PM
That's your response?

What, are you 16?

I know you are, but what am I.

Logical
10-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Not at all. But there is a standard higher than 'majority rules'. I hope you actually watched the video. Middle America understands what the Governor is explaining.Here I will speak in middle American for you.

Johnny u aint got the brains a hog wallering in the muds was givin. Oer 1/2 of all dem Americans support da killin of der fetuses like they kills rabbits in da field wit da over/under 12 gauge. So boy ya best be gittin a life.

Cannibal
10-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Proctor, if abortion is "murder", what punishment should the doctor and the patient recieve for having one performed?

Thig Lyfe
10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey Proctor, if abortion is "murder", what punishment should the doctor and the patient recieve for having one performed?

STRAIGHT TO THE ELECTRIC CHAIR

THAT'LL TEACH 'EM TO BE PRO-LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoman69
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM

You mean like banning books and political croneyism? Man I have to update my morals.

bango
10-12-2008, 07:35 PM

The Declaration of Independence that came out lats year? No, that was written a couple hundred years ago. We Ddeclared independence, achieved it, lets move on and allow our founding fathers and fathers because women were not allowed to do much, rest. Some people just define when life begins at another time. I say this as one who opposes abortion also. Yet I understand that my personal morals due to my faith are just that, personal. I am not going to dictate law from God to people that do not believe the same. When are you people and yes I said you people going to get that through your damn heads? Wrong side? Who the heck died and made you Grace Freaking Kelly?

bango
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM

You keep on mentioning Middle America. Did we lose the Coasts or something?

jAZ
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
The most important issue of our times?

bango
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
The most important issue of our times?

Yes, screw the economy. Save someone else's child that they do not even want.

nychief
10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I wish most of the people on this board had been aborted.

Adept Havelock
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Once I was on a plane that had to abort the takeoff. Does that count?

bango
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM

I am going to ask what side you took in Roe V. Wade?

Adept Havelock
10-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I am going to ask what side you took in Roe V. Wade?

I took Roe and the points.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I thought the most important issue of our times was whether or not the Chiefs could develop a QB?

Bowser
10-12-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought the most important issue of our times was whether or not the Chiefs could develop a QB?

That was decided a long, long time ago when we took Blackledge over three Hall of Famers. Karma knee shot to the nuts right there.

Logical
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
This bares repeating...Here I will speak in middle American for you.

Johnny u aint got the brains a hog wallering in the muds was givin. Oer 1/2 of all dem Americans support da killin of der fetuses like they kills rabbits in da field wit da over/under 12 gauge. So boy ya best be gittin a life.

Adept Havelock
10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
That was decided a long, long time ago when we took Blackledge over three Hall of Famers. Karma knee shot to the nuts right there.

Knee shot? More like a smack in the groin with a sledgehammer wielded by Den.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Knee shot? More like a smack in the groin with a sledgehammer wielded by Den.

"Wow! Seventeen years and nothing! Now, twice in one day!"

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I can actually hear middle America resonating.

***SPRAYER
10-12-2008, 09:14 PM

OK, that was funny.

LMAO

KCJohnny
10-13-2008, 08:04 AM
What is telling is that the replies on this topic demonstrate amply that the party of hate is the democratic party. The hateful, ugly, bigoted posts on this thread alone for someone who would deign to stand up for the unborn, for chastity, and for traditional marriage would make Bull Connor's Montgomery look like a peace pow-wow.

I understand that people may disagree on the issues, but the sheer volume and intensity of malice directed against Governor Palin and those who would defend her views says a lot more about the malicious posters than the Governor of Alaska and her supporters.

If we're all going to be disagreeing more, we should be careful to do it well. What does it mean to disagree well? Most readers can tell the difference between mere name-calling and a carefully reasoned refutation, but I think it would help to put names on the intermediate stages. So here's an attempt at a disagreement hierarchy:

DH0. Name-calling.

This is the lowest form of disagreement, and probably also the most common. We've all seen comments like this:
u r a fag!!!!!!!!!! But it's important to realize that more articulate name-calling has just as little weight. A comment like
The author is a self-important dilettante. is really nothing more than a pretentious version of "u r a fag."

DH1. Ad Hominem.

An ad hominem attack is not quite as weak as mere name-calling. It might actually carry some weight. For example, if a senator wrote an article saying senators' salaries should be increased, one could respond:
Of course he would say that. He's a senator. This wouldn't refute the author's argument, but it may at least be relevant to the case. It's still a very weak form of disagreement, though. If there's something wrong with the senator's argument, you should say what it is; and if there isn't, what difference does it make that he's a senator?

Saying that an author lacks the authority to write about a topic is a variant of ad hominem—and a particularly useless sort, because good ideas often come from outsiders. The question is whether the author is correct or not. If his lack of authority caused him to make mistakes, point those out. And if it didn't, it's not a problem.

How to Disagree (http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html)

Cannibal
10-13-2008, 08:39 AM
KCJohnny, please answer the question posed to you in # 75.

Brock
10-13-2008, 08:41 AM

THAT IS ARE STOMACHS GROWLING MIDDLE AMERICA HUNGRY MMMM OUTBACK

penchief
10-13-2008, 08:42 AM
What is telling is that the replies on this topic demonstrate amply that the party of hate is the democratic party. The hateful, ugly, bigoted posts on this thread alone for someone who would deign to stand up for the unborn, for chastity, and for traditional marriage would make Bull Connor's Montgomery look like a peace pow-wow.

I understand that people may disagree on the issues, but the sheer volume and intensity of malice directed against Governor Palin and those who would defend her views says a lot more about the malicious posters than the Governor of Alaska and her supporters.

Yeah, go out and listen to your new Christian messiah, Sarah, spread her special brand of divisive, hate-mongering Christian values. You're a hypocrite.

penchief
10-13-2008, 08:45 AM
KCJohnny, please answer the question posed to you in # 75.

KCJohnny doesn't answer questions. He's speaking for God.

keg in kc
10-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Today's lesson is that 'Proctor' is german for 'passive-aggressive'.

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Why, they're just smarter than you old boy! Pass the bon bon's lovey.

OnTheWarpath58
10-13-2008, 08:54 AM
KCJohnny doesn't answer questions. He's speaking for God.

Awesome.

ROFL

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah, go out and listen to your new Christian messiah, Rev Wright, spread his special brand of divisive, hate-mongering Christian values. I'm a hypocrite.

FYP

VAChief
10-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe Palin really isn't as ignorant as we thought, maybe she really can speak in tongues?

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 09:38 AM
We will have a military coup in a few years.

BigChiefFan
10-13-2008, 09:39 AM
It's pretty obvious Pailn believes in ABORTING the constitution.

Guru
10-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I wish most of the people on this board had been aborted.Regardless of the side you take, I wish people would stop using the term as a friggin punchline.

VAChief
10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
We will have a military coup in a few years.

Why? You think the military is tired of the Chickenhawks running the show too?

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Why?

Somebody is going to have to restore order.

irishjayhawk
10-13-2008, 09:51 AM

So, essentially, your posts.

Fat Elvis
10-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Not at all. But there is a standard higher than 'majority rules'.

Is it called "Florida balloting?"

Taco John
10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
I marvel to think how out of touch you'd have to be to believe that abortion is the most important issue of the last decade, let along "of our times." Abortion was an important issue up to the 80's and early 90's. Since then, it's pretty much been nothing but an issue to rally people about, but do absolutely nothing about it once in office but hope you can rally people about it again the next time around.

Guru
10-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I can't stand the thought of abortion but if you believe ANY candidate will EVER try to overturn RvW you are an idiot.

Taco John
10-13-2008, 10:15 AM
The Right is hilarious. Bush sucks for 8 years and their excuse is that it was because he was liberal.

Even better than that, they nominate someone who is more liberal than Bush for the next time around.

Guru
10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Even better than that, they nominate someone who is more liberal than Bush for the next time around.From what I understand, the democratic states had a lot to do with that in the open primaries.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I can't stand the thought of abortion but if you believe ANY candidate will EVER try to overturn RvW you are an idiot.

Agreed, it will never happen .

Dave Lane
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Some notes:

Isn't abortion a Christian thing to do. If I was a christian I'd want to abort all my children so they could get into heaven.

Dave

whoman69
10-13-2008, 11:17 PM
The only reason to think that abortion is the most important issue of our times is because it is the issue most devisive issue out there. Do you really think the Republicans want to do anything to make their wedge issue go away? They had 6 years with majorities in both houses, the presidency and the supreme court and nothing was done except to add stem cells to the debate.
There is no compromise in the Republican platform, not even in cases of rape/incest or danger to the mother. They call for abstinence only classes and are against birth control. In short they want everyone to be saints, when clearly they are not. No thank you, I'd rather make my own decisions about my sexuality than to have the government make them for me. Isn't the right supposed to be for less government? Funny how when it comes to controlling your life or in corporate welfare the government is suddenly the answer.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 06:30 AM

I would suggest that the punishment you are wanting passed out is not of your authority, nor of KCJ's. The current laws of the U.S. are clear. The laws of God are also very clear: Thou shalt not kill. If there is punishment/judgment passed it will be by a higher authority.

The law of mankind never supersedes God's law.

KCJohnny
10-14-2008, 08:38 AM
The only reason to think that abortion is the most important issue of our times is because it is the issue most devisive issue out there. Do you really think the Republicans want to do anything to make their wedge issue go away? They had 6 years with majorities in both houses, the presidency and the supreme court and nothing was done except to add stem cells to the debate.
There is no compromise in the Republican platform, not even in cases of rape/incest or danger to the mother. They call for abstinence only classes and are against birth control. In short they want everyone to be saints, when clearly they are not. No thank you, I'd rather make my own decisions about my sexuality than to have the government make them for me. Isn't the right supposed to be for less government? Funny how when it comes to controlling your life or in corporate welfare the government is suddenly the answer.

Women already have choice. They always have. Don't have sex with people other than your husband and you will not have to deal with abortion.

You act like the government hasn't already decided this issue long ago. Until the activist Warren court "found" a right to an abortion, acording to the Constitution, the right to decide such matters belonged to the states. The states outlawed abortions for over 200 years. Of course, now that we have the technology to prove empirically what our forefathers knew by faith, ie, that babies are HUMAN BEINGS, it is even more inexcusable now that any babies are killed in their own mothers' wombs.

But you go on in your persistence that we in the past 35 years know more than all our forfathers knoew for 200 years. The knowledge we possess now condemns rather than exonnerates us. Your conscience knows this.

Otis99
10-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I would suggest that the punishment you are wanting passed out is not of your authority, nor of KCJ's. The current laws of the U.S. are clear. The laws of God are also very clear: Thou shalt not kill. If there is punishment/judgment passed it will be by a higher authority.

Great, so when are we going to repeal all the laws outlawing murder and theft? I mean, since we're all going to be judged in the afterlife why bother with punishing people here on earth?

Programmer
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Great, so when are we going to repeal all the laws outlawing murder and theft? I mean, since we're all going to be judged in the afterlife why bother with punishing people here on earth?

I would guess that you don't have any knowledge of the Bible. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. The common definition is that you have to follow the laws of the land. You seem to be confusing the authority levels here. I don't really care if you are judged here, if you kill a living being it's murder and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this board that believes that.

Do all that you want to do, but you can't cop out of civilian rule because you feel that God will handle your shortcomings alone. If you feel that you are above civilian law you might need a refresher course in common sense.

Amnorix
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM

Well, Middle Americe is no more important than Eastern or Western America. In fact, it's alot less important than Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida and the other battleground states.

And, for the record, most Americans disagree with you -- 95% of Americans disagree, to be exact -- so I'm not even sure what Middle America you're referring to, unless you mean the extreme religious right, which is hardly what I would call "middle America".

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=620 colSpan=7>FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. Oct. 8-9, 2008. N=900 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=253></TD><TD width=72></TD><TD width=62></TD><TD width=69></TD><TD width=93>.
</TD><TD width=45></TD></TR><TR><TD width=620 colSpan=7>"Which one of the following issues will be the most important in deciding your vote for president: [see below]?" Options rotated
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=253></TD><TD width=72></TD><TD width=62></TD><TD width=69></TD><TD width=93>.
</TD><TD width=45></TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=253></TD><TD align=middle width=72>%</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Economy and jobs
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>49</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>War in Iraq
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>8</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Health care
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>8</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Terrorism and national security
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>7</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Ethics/government corruption
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>6</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Taxes
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>5</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Abortion
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>5</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Energy
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>5</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Immigration
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>1</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Other (vol.)
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>4</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=62> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=69> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=93> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=253 bgColor=#ffffff>Unsure
</TD><TD align=middle width=72>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.pollingreport.com/prioriti.htm

Amnorix
10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
more (same website as source):

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=640 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=620 colSpan=7>Newsweek Poll conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. Oct. 8-9, 2008. N=1,035 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.7.
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD width=95></TD><TD width=96></TD><TD width=96></TD><TD width=59>.
</TD><TD width=45></TD></TR><TR><TD width=620 colSpan=7>"Which ONE of the following ISSUES is MOST important in determining your vote for president this year? The economy and jobs. Taxes and government spending. The Iraq war. Terrorism and national security. Energy policy and gas prices. Issues like abortion, guns, and same-sex marriage. Health care." Options rotated
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD width=95></TD><TD width=96></TD><TD width=96></TD><TD width=59>.
</TD><TD width=45></TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=95>10/8-9/08</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96>9/10-11/08</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD align=middle width=95>%</TD><TD align=middle width=96>%</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Economy and jobs
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>48</TD><TD align=middle width=96>39</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Taxes, government spending
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>10</TD><TD align=middle width=96>14</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Health care
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>9</TD><TD align=middle width=96>7</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Terrorism, national security
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>8</TD><TD align=middle width=96>10</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Iraq war
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>8</TD><TD align=middle width=96>10</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Energy policy, gas prices
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>8</TD><TD align=middle width=96>8</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Abortion, guns, marriage
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>6</TD><TD align=middle width=96>8</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Other/None of these (vol.)
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>1</TD><TD align=middle width=96>1</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=96> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=59> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Unsure
</TD><TD align=middle width=95>2</TD><TD align=middle width=96>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=600 colSpan=5>CBS News/New York Times Poll. Sept. 21-24, 2008. N=844 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 4.
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD width=261></TD><TD width=75></TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138>
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=600 colSpan=5>"In deciding who you would like to see elected president this year, which one of the following issues will be most important to you: terrorism and national security, the economy and jobs, health care, the war in Iraq, gas prices and energy policy, illegal immigration, or something else?"
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD width=261></TD><TD width=75></TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138>
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD width=261></TD><TD align=middle width=75>%</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>The economy and jobs
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>52</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>Terrorism and national security
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>11</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>Gas prices and energy policy
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>10</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>Health care
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>9</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>The war in Iraq
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>9</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>Illegal immigration
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>3</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>Something else
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>5</TD><TD width=123></TD><TD width=138></TD></TR><TR><TD width=27></TD><TD vAlign=bottom width=261>Unsure
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=640 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=620 colSpan=7>Newsweek Poll conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. Sept. 10-11, 2008. N=1,038 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.8 (for all registered voters).
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD width=90></TD><TD width=90></TD><TD width=91></TD><TD width=75>.
</TD><TD width=45></TD></TR><TR><TD width=620 colSpan=7>"Which ONE of the following ISSUES is MOST important in determining your vote for president this year? The economy and jobs. Taxes and government spending. The Iraq war. Terrorism and national security. Energy policy and gas prices. Issues like abortion, guns, and same-sex marriage. Health care." Options rotated
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD width=90></TD><TD width=90></TD><TD width=91></TD><TD width=75>.
</TD><TD width=45></TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=90>ALL</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=90>Obama
Supporters</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=91>McCain
Supporters</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD width=220></TD><TD align=middle width=90>%</TD><TD align=middle width=90>%</TD><TD align=middle width=91>%</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Economy and jobs
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>39</TD><TD align=middle width=90>55</TD><TD align=middle width=91>23</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Taxes, government spending
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>14</TD><TD align=middle width=90>7</TD><TD align=middle width=91>22</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Iraq war
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>10</TD><TD align=middle width=90>15</TD><TD align=middle width=91>5</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Terrorism, national security
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>10</TD><TD align=middle width=90>2</TD><TD align=middle width=91>18</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Energy policy, gas prices
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>8</TD><TD align=middle width=90>7</TD><TD align=middle width=91>9</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Abortion, guns, marriage
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>8</TD><TD align=middle width=90>3</TD><TD align=middle width=91>13</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Health care
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>7</TD><TD align=middle width=90>9</TD><TD align=middle width=91>4</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Other/None of these (vol.)
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>1</TD><TD align=middle width=90>-</TD><TD align=middle width=91>1</TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=75> </TD><TD vAlign=bottom align=middle width=45> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=26></TD><TD borderColor=#ffffff width=220 bgColor=#ffffff>Unsure
</TD><TD align=middle width=90>3</TD><TD align=middle width=90>2</TD><TD align=middle width=91>5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Women already have choice. They always have. Don't have sex with people other than your husband and you will not have to deal with abortion.

:doh!:

What about the 1.5M women that are forcibly raped by their husbands/partners each year?

What about the 650k women that are raped by a complete stranger each year?

irishjayhawk
10-14-2008, 02:03 PM

What about the 1.5M women that are forcibly raped by their husbands/partners each year?

What about the millions of people who have no intention of getting married? Kinda like that cool dude Jesus.

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
What about the millions of people who have no intention of getting married? Kinda like that cool dude Jesus.

ROFL

Programmer
10-14-2008, 02:08 PM

In the U.S. those women have a choice, but that does not make a choice acceptable to all.

I can understand wanting to get an abortion in either of those cases, I could never recommend one.

Molitoth
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM

+1

There are going to be many more LIVING babies and adults dieing if INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS is not fixed.

Saulbadguy
10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Sorry, but IMO money is a much more valuable asset than human life.

Amnorix
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM

Then they must remain celibate, of course.

:rolleyes:

Programmer
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Sorry, but IMO money is a much more valuable asset than human life.

Too bad your parents didn't feel that way, eh?

J Diddy
10-14-2008, 02:25 PM

ROFLROFLROFL
Idiocy flows from your keyboard like water in the rapids.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Idiocy flows from your keyboard like water in the rapids.

We could only wish that your momma had used a coat hanger on you.

You have no room to speak dippy.

Bowser
10-14-2008, 02:51 PM

So you quote bible text in one post, then in essensce tell Saul that it's too bad his parents didn't abort him. Where's that pic Zach made for you?

Programmer
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
So you quote bible text in one post, then in essensce tell Saul that it's too bad his parents didn't abort him. Where's that pic Zach made for you?

The bible says I have to love my enemies, doesn't say anything about liking them.

Which part of hypocrite do you feel you are free from? I doubt that your slate is clean.

For your information the quote is something that dippy said, why is it wrong to give it back?

Carlota69
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM

No, you really dont mean this, right? Seriously. Your kidding right? Or are you really that fucked up in your thinking?

I have a feeling its the latter...:doh!:

So when do we start discussing how men can be responsible for the atrocity called abortion? Why is it only on the woman? What can we do to insure that the man sticks around to actually BE the father of the child? Becasue the abortion rate would probably go down if the woman felt she wasnt alone in this thing called unexpected pregnancy. So again, when do we start talking about the man's responsibilty and HIS choice to also have sex before marriage? Do you have a solution for this problem KC Johnny?

Bowser
10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
The bible says I have to love my enemies, doesn't say anything about liking them.

Which part of hypocrite do you feel you are free from? I doubt that your slate is clean.

For your information the quote is something that dippy said, why is it wrong to give it back?

The Bible says you have to stone women to death that fuck around. Do you always take the Bible literally, or just cherry pick the things that make you feel holier-than-thou?

Amnorix
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM
No, you really dont mean this, right? Seriously. Your kidding right? Or are you really that ****ed up in your thinking?

I have a feeling its the latter...:doh!:

So when do we start discussing how men can be responsible for the atrocity called abortion? Why is it only on the woman? What can we do to insure that the man sticks around to actually BE the father of the child? Becasue the abortion rate would probably go down if the woman felt she wasnt alone in this thing called unexpected pregnancy. So again, when do we start talking about the man's responsibilty and HIS choice to also have sex before marriage? Do you have a solution for this problem KC Johnny?

I'm sure he'll say that men should be celibate until marriage, and that divorce shouldn't be permitted, or somesuch other religious-based utopianism.

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM
The Bible says you have to stone women to death that fuck around. Do you always take the Bible literally, or just cherry pick the things that make you feel holier-than-thou?

Headshot.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 03:57 PM
The Bible says you have to stone women to death that **** around. Do you always take the Bible literally, or just cherry pick the things that make you feel holier-than-thou?

It just shows how little you actually know about the bible. There is a little passage that basically says "Let he without sin cast the first stone." The woman that was to be stoned was exonerated and sent on her way.

I'm far from holier than anyone, but that is why I keep going to Church. So how is it that you claim to be above it all? If that isn't your intent with the comment you will have to be more precise in your wording. Maybe you need to get Donger involved with your posts.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Headshot.

Just shows that you are in his same category, not so bright and incapable of reading what the Bible actually says about his comment.

I think you shot yourself in the foot with that one.

bango
10-14-2008, 04:09 PM

Eggzachry!

Cannibal
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Let me rephrase: What punishment do you think is appropriate for a female having an abortion if abortion is made illegal? I would also like KCJ to answer this question.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Let me rephrase: What punishment do you think is appropriate for a female having an abortion if abortion is made illegal? I would also like KCJ to answer this question.

That's not something I have to consider. We elect lawmakers for that reason. What was the punishment before Roe v Wade?

There are reasons for abortion, but the abortions I think need to stop are the "oops I got caught" type. If you don't want to have a baby, don't be out playing the games that cause babies.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Eggzachry!

I thought you said you were a Christian (ashamed to be one) but one all the same.

Which part of Jesus forgiving the adultress escapes your knowledge of the bible?

Bowser
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I thought you said you were a Christian (ashamed to be one) but one all the same.

Which part of Jesus forgiving the adultress escapes your knowledge of the bible?

Using this logic, the woman that has had the abortion has also already been forgiven. So what's all the hubub about?

Taco John
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM

That's one of the most spiritually empty things I think I've ever heard anyone make in relation to the Bible, ever.

Cannibal
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
That's not something I have to consider. We elect lawmakers for that reason. What was the punishment before Roe v Wade?

There are reasons for abortion, but the abortions I think need to stop are the "oops I got caught" type. If you don't want to have a baby, don't be out playing the games that cause babies.

Oh, so to you, abortion IS NOT murder then. Thanks.

Now, if we can KCJ to answer the same question we'll be golden.

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Just shows that you are in his same category, not so bright and incapable of reading what the Bible actually says about his comment.

I think you shot yourself in the foot with that one.

I think you're a POS coward that hides behind multiple identities.

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, 14 and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ‘I took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,’ 15 then the girl’s father and her mother shall take and bring out the evidence of the girl’s virginity to the elders of the city at the gate. 16 "And the girl’s father shall say to the elders, ‘I gave my daughter to this man for a wife, but he turned against her; 17 and behold, he has charged her with shameful deeds, saying, "I did not find your daughter a virgin." But this is the evidence of my daughter’s virginity.’ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city. 18 "So the elders of that city shall take the man and chastise him, 19 and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give it to the girl’s father, because he publicly defamed a virgin of Israel. And she shall remain his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days. 20 "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her father’s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you," (Deut. 22:13).

Programmer
10-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I think you're a POS coward that hides behind multiple identities.

Your quote of scripture shows that you have not read very much of the bible. You refer to the law of Moses time. That law was superceded by the arrival of Jesus.

I think you are a POS as well. And I do not have multiple identities, ask your friendly neighborhood mods.

Read about the harlot in the New Testament.

Also, Jesus did not come to enforce the laws of Moses, but to fulfill them. Check it out Mr. christian.

|Zach|
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Your quote of scripture shows that you have not read very much of the bible. You refer to the law of Moses time. That law was superceded by the arrival of Jesus.

I think you are a POS as well. And I do not have multiple identities, ask your friendly neighborhood mods.

Also, Jesus did not come to enforce the laws of Moses, but to fulfill them. Check it out Mr. christian.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=81637&stc=1&d=1222885122

Programmer
10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, so to you, abortion IS NOT murder then. Thanks.

Now, if we can KCJ to answer the same question we'll be golden.

You assume things that were not said, but that seems to be a constant with you.

I said that I do not have to make the laws of man to determine what the punishment would be for an illegal abortion. How you considered that I feel abortion is not murder is way out there.

It is not my job to judge according to mans law, nor is it my job to judge according to God's law. What you need to consider is how this all plays out in your life, not mine. I'm covered.

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=81637&stc=1&d=1222885122

That sums it up.

Programmer
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
That sums it up.

All that sums up is that you are an idiot. Wear the dunce cap with pride.

Cannibal
10-14-2008, 04:54 PM
You assume things that were not said, but that seems to be a constant with you.

I said that I do not have to make the laws of man to determine what the punishment would be for an illegal abortion. How you considered that I feel abortion is not murder is way out there.

It is not my job to judge according to mans law, nor is it my job to judge according to God's law. What you need to consider is how this all plays out in your life, not mine. I'm covered.

You said abortion is sometimes necessary. Murder is never necessary. So to you, abortion is not murder. That was easy

Amnorix
10-14-2008, 04:55 PM

For the record, they used to punish those who had committed suicide. Yes, successfully. Such things as slitting their throats and other "mutilations" of their body, etc. Very odd. This is a few hundred years ago of course.

|Zach|
10-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Wear the dunce cap with pride.

Ha.

Old man joke.

J Diddy
10-14-2008, 04:58 PM

If you are religious, which I doubt, then you are everything that is wrong with religion.

Wright got nothing on you.

Cannibal
10-14-2008, 04:58 PM
For the record, they used to punish those who had committed suicide. Yes, successfully. Such things as slitting their throats and other "mutilations" of their body, etc. Very odd. This is a few hundred years ago of course.

Yeah, I'd really like them to actually answer my question. I mean, do they want the death penalty, do they want life in prison without possibility of parole? Do they want the hard 40? I mean what type of punishment is necessary for abortion which is considered murder in their eyes?

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
All that sums up is that you are an idiot. Wear the dunce cap with pride.

Impressive, coming from the king of Ad Hominem arguments.

I'll put the level of respect for me up against the level of respect for you on this board any day of the week.

My guess, is that even with all of your multiple identities, you still couldn't win.

The ball's in your court, hypocrite.

Pablo
10-14-2008, 05:04 PM
How the f*ck is Programmer's rep in the green?

Seriously. It makes no sense at all.

OnTheWarpath58
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM

He uses his mult accounts to rep himself.

Cannibal
10-14-2008, 05:10 PM

He and KCJ max out each others rep everyday to offset everyone else neg reps.

bango
10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
I would guess that you don't have any knowledge of the Bible. Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. The common definition is that you have to follow the laws of the land. You seem to be confusing the authority levels here. I don't really care if you are judged here, if you kill a living being it's murder and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this board that believes that.

Do all that you want to do, but you can't cop out of civilian rule because you feel that God will handle your shortcomings alone. If you feel that you are above civilian law you might need a refresher course in common sense.

We are to obey the Law of Man and God's when we can. That is what that statement means.

bango
10-14-2008, 05:32 PM

I was not even talking to you. I was talking to someone else. I did not say that I was ashamed to be a Christian. I said that people like you make me feel ashamed to be one sometimes. I am going to say that I doubt that you are a Christian. I think that it is all a part of the Far Right Role that you are portraying so that you can come here and argue and get the attention that you feel that you need. Get a dog or something.

Logical
10-14-2008, 05:47 PM
All that sums up is that you are an idiot. Wear the dunce cap with pride.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=81637&stc=1&d=1222885122

whoman69
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM

Religious right: abortion is murder
everyone else: ok, then I'll use birth control
religious right: every sperm is sacred
everyone else: is that in the section of the bible that talks about stem cells?

Programmer
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I was not even talking to you. I was talking to someone else. I did not say that I was ashamed to be a Christian. I said that people like you make me feel ashamed to be one sometimes. I am going to say that I doubt that you are a Christian. I think that it is all a part of the Far Right Role that you are portraying so that you can come here and argue and get the attention that you feel that you need. Get a dog or something.

Same thing dude.

Your thoughts of what I am or not have no impact. You seem to be one of the hypocrites talked about on this board.

I dont' need attention. I need to see jerks like you lose control (as you have virtually all day long).

Some day you will realize that you are a putz at best.

I'd say that you are the one that needs to get a dog, but first you need to get a life. The world does not revolve around you or this bulletin board.

J Diddy
10-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Same thing dude.

Your thoughts of what I am or not have no impact. You seem to be one of the hypocrites talked about on this board.

I dont' need attention. I need to see jerks like you lose control (as you have virtually all day long).

I'd say that you are the one that needs to get a dog, but first you need to get a life. The world does not revolve around you or this bulletin board.

Exactly. Now why is it again that you keep coming back after you've been banned time and time again?

Perhaps this is all your pathetic little life has.

bango
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Same thing dude.

You do not pay very close attention to anything do you? I have not been here all day. I seriously think that you have me confused with someone else. I did not even get off of work until Noon PST. I did not get on here for at least one hour or so. I also left for about an hour. All day? You are too easy and funny. Not funny, sad actually. Pathetic too.