PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain Caught Lying

T-post Tom
10-12-2008, 09:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GEtZlR3zp4c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GEtZlR3zp4c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Count Alex's Losses
10-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Seriously. How can anyone vote for this douchebag? He is nothing but a low-life scumbag.

morphius
10-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Seriously. How can anyone vote for this douchebag? He is nothing but a low-life scumbag.
That pretty much sums up the last 5 elections for both sides, at least. It is no longer, vote for the best candidate, it is now just try to pick the one that will **** it up the least.

Guru
10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Seriously. How can anyone vote for this douchebag? He is nothing but a low-life scumbag.Douchebags are all that is left.

Count Alex's Losses
10-12-2008, 11:07 PM
That pretty much sums up the last 5 elections for both sides, at least. It is no longer, vote for the best candidate, it is now just try to pick the one that will **** it up the least.

I concur, but Obama doesn't seem to be quite the same brand of "evil fucking incarnate" as McCain.

Ari Chi3fs
10-13-2008, 12:25 AM
THis is great. Thanks for whoever created this.

morphius
10-13-2008, 12:55 AM
I concur, but Obama doesn't seem to be quite the same brand of "evil fucking incarnate" as McCain.
personally, I trust people with golden tongues less.

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2008, 12:58 AM
personally, I trust people with golden tongues less.What does that mean?

VAChief
10-13-2008, 06:20 AM
personally, I trust people with golden tongues less.

Like Reagan?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-13-2008, 07:59 AM
I concur, but Obama doesn't seem to be quite the same brand of "evil ****ing incarnate" as McCain.

Are you positive? :shrug:

BigRedChief
10-13-2008, 09:05 AM
McCain's going to "Whip" Obama's you know what in the next debate
http://bourbonroom.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/12/mccain-on-debate-no-3-after-i-whip-his-you-know-what/

Frankie
10-13-2008, 09:17 AM
McCain Caught Lying.

OMG,..... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!!

Frankie
10-13-2008, 09:20 AM
THis is great. Thanks for whoever created this.

All the Dems have to do is run this as their commercial the rest of the way. Very effective and undeniable.

BigChiefFan
10-13-2008, 09:41 AM
McCain is so FOS.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Nobody understood Iraq going in, many underestimated the insurgents . To error on this was easy, everybody on the hill and some military experts expected an easy victory, I called it at least a 10 year war .

Chiefnj2
10-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Nobody understood Iraq going in.

Bullshit.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Bullshit.

Proof ?

Frankie
10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Proof ?

There's a lot of us who understood. But unfortunately it's no longer possible to find the very heated debates on this very board when Bush was about tt invade.

Also you are asking him for proof when you made the original claim? What gives?

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
There's a lot of us who understood. But unfortunately it's no longer possible to find the very heated debates on this very board when Bush was about tt invade.

Also you are asking him for proof when you made the original claim? What gives?

I said nobody really understood Iraq going in, many thought they did, but that was just a lie because Iraq changed so much while we were there. I said it would take 10 years to see a change in the culture, to make it stable to some extent, even then many of the insurgents would still be fighting a war.

Now this is not about the issue of going in, it's understanding how to fight Iraq and the insurgents, how long it would take to win and repair.

Chiefnj2
10-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Proof ?

How about Bush and Cheney.

"Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney. Cheney noted that invading the country would get the United States "bogged down in the quagmire inside Iraq." Washington Institute Bush later explained that he did not give the order to invade Iraq because it would have "incurred incalculable human and political costs... We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq,""

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
How about Bush and Cheney.

"Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney. Cheney noted that invading the country would get the United States "bogged down in the quagmire inside Iraq." Washington Institute Bush later explained that he did not give the order to invade Iraq because it would have "incurred incalculable human and political costs... We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq,""

Look, it's pretty clear that Bush and Cheney did not know how Iraq would unfold.
It didn't go according to their plans at all. Calling it a quick effort was as stupid as it could be.

I didn't know how it would unfold,but I knew it wouldn't be quick and that restoring the region and the Iraq military would be time consuming.

Chiefnj2
10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Look, it's pretty clear that Bush and Cheney did not know how Iraq would unfold.
It didn't go according to their plans at all. Calling it a quick effort was as stupid as it could be.

I didn't know how it would unfold,but I knew it wouldn't be quick and that restoring the region and the Iraq military would be time consuming.

Apparently Bush Sr and Dick Cheney (when he was sec of defense) knew how it would unfold.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Apparently Bush Sr and Dick Cheney (when he was sec of defense) knew how it would unfold.

NO, they didn't, they thought they knew, but nothing went according to their plans nor the general's plans.

It was a big clusterf**k ...........

ChiTown
10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politizhians lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inranetwebs Posting, lots of Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!

Watrz wet11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 12:02 PM
This is nothing more than his opinions that backfired due to every changing circumstances in Iraq.

Typical BS ......

Fish
10-13-2008, 12:06 PM

Good grief Roy...

Cheney noted that invading the country would get the United States "bogged down in the quagmire inside Iraq."

Bush later explained that he did not give the order to invade Iraq because it would have "incurred incalculable human and political costs... We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq,"

It was just quoted that both Bush and Cheney did know, and their predictions proved true. Seriously, look at the quotes man...

I didn't know how it would unfold

I knew it wouldn't be quick and that restoring the region and the Iraq military would be time consuming.

And then in back to back sentences, you do the same damn thing. You say you didn't know, and follow up the next sentence with the prediction you just denied....

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Good grief Roy...
It was just quoted that both Bush and Cheney did know, and their predictions proved true. Seriously, look at the quotes man...
And then in back to back sentences, you do the same damn thing. You say you didn't know, and follow up the next sentence with the prediction you just denied....

Yes Cheney knew it would get bogged down, but he was clear when he said that the war wouldn't last very long to start with. His bogged comment came after we were already in Iraq if I'm not mistaken. None of the Capitol Hill leaders expected it to go as long as it did, even several generals thought it would be quick.

Again, I knew it wouldn't be quick, I have said this all along, even when we discussed Iraq at great lengths on CP. I did say it would take time, I said a min. 10 years, reason was it would take that long for peace and stability for the region to accept it. But that there would still be some insurgents that continue to fight.

In reality, it will take 6 or 7 generations to die off before Iraq ever became a peaceful country, if at all. The ME has been turmoil since the beginning of time. God speaks of turmoil in Babylons area as never ending.

Chiefnj2
10-13-2008, 12:39 PM
NO, they didn't, they thought they knew, but nothing went according to their plans nor the general's plans.

Roy, just admit you are wrong.

alpha_omega
10-13-2008, 12:40 PM
All politicians are liars.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 12:42 PM
All politicians are liars.

QFT

Mr. Laz
10-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Good grief Roy...

just brutal LMAO

FTR many people on this very board said it was gonna be a disaster from the very beginning.

how about ..... NATIONAL BUILDING DOES NOT WORK ... for one.

Mr. Laz
10-13-2008, 12:48 PM
QFT

i love this shiite

GOP "we are better than you"
GOP "you are evil"
GOP "you are wrong, we are right"
GOP "we are not wrong"
GOP "we did not lie"
GOP "we are still right, you are just lying"
GOP "you just do not understand like we do"
GOP "it's more complicated than that, we are right"
GOP "Ignore the man behind the curtain"
GOP ".... uh, ummm ... everyone makes mistakes"
GOP "everyone lies"

it's like a 12-step program for Republican bullshit :banghead:

HC_Chief
10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Heh, what a dolt.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
just brutal LMAO

FTR many people on this very board said it was gonna be a disaster from the very beginning.

how about ..... NATIONAL BUILDING DOES NOT WORK ... for one.

Many here did say it was wrong, a disaster, we have no business, etc.

But nobody knew exactly how it was going to unfold. We all had our opinions and visions, but to claim you / I /anybody knew how it would happen is asinine.

Every time they( the US ) change their stance / strategy on Iraq, it changed along with them. IIRC, Bush and Cheney was thinking 2 years max, they missed that too.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
i love this shiite

GOP "you are evil"
GOP "you are wrong, we are right"
GOP "we are not wrong"
GOP "we did not lie"
GOP "we are still right, you are just lying"
GOP "you just do not understand like we do"
GOP "it's more complicated than that, we are right"
GOP "Ignore the man behind the curtain"
GOP ".... uh, ummm ... everyone makes mistakes"
GOP "everyone lies"

it's like a 12-step program for Republican bullshit :banghead:

What, you don't think that all politicians don't lie in some form or way during their careers ?

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
His bogged comment came after we were already in Iraq if I'm not mistaken. Are you even paying attention? Good Lord. :shake:

Mr. Laz
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Many here did say it was wrong, a disaster, we have no business, etc.

But nobody knew exactly how it was going to unfold. We all had our opinions and visions, but to claim you / I /anybody knew how it would happen is asinine.

Every time they( the US ) change their stance / strategy on Iraq, it changed along with them. IIRC, Bush and Cheney was thinking 2 years max, they missed that too.
what does it matter if anyone know EXACTLY what would happen?

you're trying to nitpick to avoid the pink elephant in the room.

we NEVER should of gone into Iraq!

if you get run over by a truck or shot in the head ... BAD = BAD

many people knew we shouldn't

Even Dick Cheney knew we shouldn't until he decided to sell out the country .

Mr. Laz
10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
What, you don't think that all politicians don't lie in some form or way during their careers ?
no comprehension whatsoever

Chiefnj2
10-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes Cheney knew it would get bogged down, but he was clear when he said that the war wouldn't last very long to start with. His bogged comment came after we were already in Iraq if I'm not mistaken.

The "bogged" comment came from the FIRST GULF WAR.

BigChiefFan
10-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I know a candidate running for POTUS that opposed the war.

whoman69
10-13-2008, 06:11 PM

That's because they had only a third of the troops used in the first gulf war. Pretty predictable to me. They had all sorts of generals telling them the same thing, that there would need to be a plan to win the peace. The Sec. of Defense told them all to STFU or get fired. Everything with Iraq they believed in the best possible outcomes. You don't go planning a war thinking everything is going to come out perfect, you plan the the fecal matter to strike the oscillating cooling device.

They sold the public a bill of goods on how this was going to be so easy, then act totally surprised when it was anything but.

Adept Havelock
10-13-2008, 06:32 PM
The "bogged" comment came from the FIRST GULF WAR.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Frankie
10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Politizhians lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean Polynesian? I wouldn't know cuz I can't understand Plynesian.