PDA

View Full Version : Elections Is Barack Hussein A "Closer?"

Donger
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm curious what people think here. Do you think Barack Hussein will be able to maintain his lead (in the polls) until election day? Has he done enough to close this out?

StcChief
10-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Closed and hood-winked alot of the US population.

jAZ
10-13-2008, 01:27 PM
It looks good. I doubt he will fail to close, at this point it's a question of what McCain does. Can he pull it out.

That's not looking good for McCain.

It seems to me that they are playing for the post campaign block of Obama's agenda. The whole ACORN nonsense is a forward looking effort to (weakly) question the legitimacy of the election (if they lose).

Taco John
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm curious what people think here. Do you think Barack Hussein will be able to maintain his lead (in the polls) until election day? Has he done enough to close this out?

He's out going door-to-door in Ohio, while McCain is trying to redefine his campaign with mere days to go. He hasn't done enough yet to "close this out," but he's doing what he should be doing to close it out at this point in time.

InTrade has McCain at a 1 in four chance to make a comeback at this point (it's almost 1 to 5), and is predicting an electoral landslide (364 to 174). McCain certainly has an opportunity to change things, but he'll have to be flawless. Frankly, I don't believe he's as skilled a politician as he'd need to be to pull this one out.

whatsmynameagain
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
heard him speaking during my lunch break about specifics on several issues. he appeared very confident. I've been in sales for about a third of my life and Obama is definitely a closer.

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Since the choices were so abysmal this time around, I can understand why B.O. is in the lead.

I'm still kind of curious as to who is home and actually answers the phone when the pollsters call.

I'll believe it when I see it.

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't say it's impossible for McCain to comeback, but he has to defend so many red states it's crazy. You had West Virginia basically morph into a toss-up last week, and today you have a poll in North Dakota showing Obama ahead.

Obama's done a great job expanding the map and giving himself options.

MaxFects
10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Never donated to a campaign before. But he 25 of my dollars. May he put it to good use in these last few weeks.

BigRedChief
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I think Obama will end up with a 3-4 point lead and win a landside in the electrol college.

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Never donated to a campaign before. But he 25 of my dollars. May he put it to good use in these last few weeks.

SUCKER!@ROFL

Guru
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
SUCKER!@ROFLDid you donate to a politician recently?

jAZ
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
SUCKER!@ROFL
Did you donate to a politician recently?
Was trying to figure out if he was laughing at donating to Obama because he thinks he's going to lose... or laughing at anyone who donates money... or laughing at anyone who supports Obama.

triple
10-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Obama never closed the deal in the primaries against Hillary at the polls. he simply won by virtue of having built a lead, by a guerrilla campaign to get her superdelegates to defect, and by the structure of the Democratic primaries prohibiting a comeback.

But you'd expect a presumptive nominee to run away with states at the end, not be losing them, some of them handily, all the way up to the end.

Nobody seems to remember how narrow his margin of victory was. He only got 1,828 elected delegates to Clinton's 1,726. That is 52% to 48%.

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Obama never closed the deal in the primaries against Hillary at the polls. he simply won by virtue of having built a lead, by a guerrilla campaign to get her superdelegates to defect, and by the structure of the Democratic primaries prohibiting a comeback.

But you'd expect a presumptive nominee to run away with states at the end, not be losing them, some of them handily, all the way up to the end.

Nobody seems to remember how narrow his margin of victory was. He only got 1,828 delegates from voters to Clinton's 1,726. That is 52% to 48%.

Hillary won most of the contests at the very end because they were states designed for her to do well. Does anybody really give a shit about West Virginia, Kentucky, or Puerto Rico? Because that's the source of her 'surge' at the end. That was only the product of the primary season schedule and nothing more. Obama wpuld've closed well too if the primary season ended with North Carolina, Oregon, and Wisconsin.

triple
10-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Does anybody really give a shit about West Virginia, Kentucky, or Puerto Rico?

more of that high-minded liberalism

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
more of that high-minded liberalism

Yeah, I wouldn't know how to respond to my post if I were you either.

Logical
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Since the choices were so abysmal this time around, I can understand why B.O. is in the lead.

I'm still kind of curious as to who is home and actually answers the phone when the pollsters call.

I'll believe it when I see it.They have called me several times after 7pm over the last 6 months. I assume it is the same for most people.

Guru
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
They have called me several times after 7pm over the last 6 months. I assume it is the same for most people.Well hell, I certainly hope your example is not a representation of how all the calls are then. I have only received one call in my life.

triple
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't know how to respond to my post if I were you either.

Since your response was just that those people are stupid, I didn't think it merited any response.

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 02:51 PM
He's out going door-to-door in Ohio, while McCain is trying to redefine his campaign with mere days to go. He hasn't done enough yet to "close this out," but he's doing what he should be doing to close it out at this point in time.

InTrade has McCain at a 1 in four chance to make a comeback at this point (it's almost 1 to 5), and is predicting an electoral landslide (364 to 174). McCain certainly has an opportunity to change things, but he'll have to be flawless. Frankly, I don't believe he's as skilled a politician as he'd need to be to pull this one out.

DammitTaco, shut up. I hate it when we agree. :D

alpha_omega
10-13-2008, 02:51 PM
A "Closer"?....you mean like selling used cars...

ROYC75
10-13-2008, 02:52 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

I have never been called on any election poll, never!

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
IMHO there is possibly 2 things that would have to happen for McCain to win

1. Some kind of major foreign policy incident or terrorist attack on the US (god forbid) or
2. McCain morphing into Hillary Clinton and start talking about middle class, middle class, middle class

I could see #1 happen.

I don't think McCain has any credibility left to become a populist at this point. It took Hillary a couple of months of good hard campaigning to turn her campaign around at the end and become the populist voice of the middle class

Calcountry
10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Hillary won most of the contests at the very end because they were states designed for her to do well. Does anybody really give a shit about West Virginia, Kentucky, or Puerto Rico? Because that's the source of her 'surge' at the end. That was only the product of the primary season schedule and nothing more. Obama wpuld've closed well too if the primary season ended with North Carolina, Oregon, and Wisconsin.Maybe, but I am certain, no, definitely certain that nobody gives a shit about connecticunt.

RJ
I've read that Dean Smith not only endorses Obama but is also coaching him on the finer points of the four corners offense.

Logical
Well hell, I certainly hope your example is not a representation of how all the calls are then. I have only received one call in my life.They were mainly from different polling agencies, Zogby, Rassmussen CBS, and someone affiliated with Fox.

whatsmynameagain
10-13-2008, 03:12 PM
They were mainly from different polling agencies, Zogby, Rassmussen CBS, and someone affiliated with Fox.

the fact that most of these polls are done via home phone excludes the younger voters who will most likely be backing obama.

I don't know many people my age with land lines.

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I have never once received a poll phone call. Of course I have had a cell phone exclusively for at least 6 years

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Since your response was just that those people are stupid, I didn't think it merited any response.

I didn't call anyone stupid. I said her 'surge' was a product of the primary schedule. You're making Kentucky, West Virginia, and Puerto Rico out to be important contests. They're not any more important than states like Wisconsin or Virginia or Missouri or any other state Obama had won earlier. They just happened to come at the end of the primary schedule. If those types of states had been at the end, it would've been a 'surge' for Obama.

WilliamTheIrish
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM

They don't like to make you climb the telephone pole like "Olleevar" in Green Acres.

***SPRAYER
10-13-2008, 03:28 PM
They don't like to make you climb the telephone pole like "Olleevar" in Green Acres.

You've been on a roll, lately.

ROFL

StcChief
10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
A "Closer"?....you mean like selling used cars... and shoot hoops after the deal is done.

RJ
10-13-2008, 03:29 PM

I think even Roy will get a chuckle from that one.

BucEyedPea
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I have never once received a poll phone call. Of course I have had a cell phone exclusively for at least 6 years

I've received about 4. Three during the primary. One last week for this election.
Of course 2 of these were polls and after the 2 main choices ... they only give "other' as an option.

Maybe it's because I'm in a more important state? :D

What I wanna know is who in the R party got my email...because I'm getting a lot of T party email now. I've never given to them. That violates the CanSpam Act unless there is some loophole.

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I've received about 4. Three during the primary. One last week for this election.
Of course 2 of these were polls and after the 2 main choices ... they only give "other' as an option.

Maybe it's because I'm in a more important state? :D

What I wanna know is who in the R party got my email...because I'm getting a lot of T party email now. I've never given to them. That violates the CanSpam Act unless there is some loophole.

I think it has more to do with cell-phone only people not getting called.

Dave Lane
10-13-2008, 04:52 PM

You have to have electricity and a phone line not a pay phone as I recall :)

Dave

Adept Havelock
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
If he's a closer, I suppose McCain gets a set of Steak Knives.

Taco John
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
If he's a closer, I suppose McCain gets a set of Steak Knives.

This time, second prize is your fired.

|Zach|
10-13-2008, 04:59 PM
The leads are weak? YOU are weak.

|Zach|
10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Poor Roy. Put all of his ACORNS in one basket.